hulika

Author Topic: Satanic?  (Read 9480 times)

yona

Satanic?
« on: March 16, 2009, 11:40:49 AM »
I was talking with the guy where my grand daugher takes guitar lessons yesterday. He told me he doesn't listen to any hard rock or heavy metal music because all of the artists are Satanic.  He says Zakk Wylde, Ozzy Osborne, Dimebag, Metallica, Dave Mustaine and those folks are all evil Satanists and their mission is to turn us away from God?

I know that I read that Dave Mustaine is a Born again Christian. Zakk Wylde is Catholic. I like all of their music - where does that leave me? 

Yeah - the lyrics of some of Ozzy and Zakk's songs are kinda heavy on the dark side - but they sound to me like they are putting Satan down, not building him up.

Opinions?

Paps
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 11:41:54 AM by yona »

Offline BAMF

Re: Satanic?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 12:11:11 PM »
Quick conclusions and sweeping generalizations (sigh).

Well there was this Christian Metal band in the 80's. Their carrier single was "To Hell with the Devil".
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

yona

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 12:20:12 PM »
Quick conclusions and sweeping generalizations (sigh).

Well there was this Christian Metal band in the 80's. Their carrier single was "To Hell with the Devil".

Yeah - I believe Savage or something like that was their name.  They were pretty good.  There's a hard rock Christian band too - Petra.

Yep - those generalizations.

Paps

Offline Jagmaster

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 12:25:03 PM »
Most of the lyrics of songs nowadays are hidden. I agree that there are many Satanic artists out there wherein their mission is to capture people and later on turn us away from God. As for me, everyone should be mindful and aware of what you're listening to. It is better to be safe than sorry.

yona

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 01:04:59 PM »
Most of the lyrics of songs nowadays are hidden. I agree that there are many Satanic artists out there wherein their mission is to capture people and later on turn us away from God. As for me, everyone should be mindful and aware of what you're listening to. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Oh that's for sure because you have people like Kerry King and his band Slayer who at least appear to be openly Satanic, not just because of lyrics but also through what they say.

Of course, I'm sure they would say it is a commercial gimmick to give the fans what they want.

Yeah - right.

Paps

Offline jiu-jitsu brasileiro

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 01:08:29 PM »
Yeah - I believe Savage or something like that was their name.  They were pretty good.  There's a hard rock Christian band too - Petra.

Yep - those generalizations.

Paps

STRYPER was the name of that band. :-)
nemo me impune lacesit

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 01:09:51 PM »
Is this in the right forum? Anyway, music is meant to stimulate your ear regardless of the composer's religion. You have control over your beliefs, so its your choice kung maiimpluwensyahan ka ng mga gusto mong artists in that aspect. Open your minds people. Hasty generalizations divide us.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 01:11:00 PM by boogsy »
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline andrew_O_O

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 01:18:46 PM »
if some guy wants to think of heavy metal as satanic, let him be. that's his own opinion. just because he deems it satanic doesn't mean it is.

so what if you listen to heavy metal? that doesn't make you a bad person or anything.. hehehe

Offline jirik

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 01:21:15 PM »
Oh that's for sure because you have people like Kerry King and his band Slayer who at least appear to be openly Satanic, not just because of lyrics but also through what they say.

Of course, I'm sure they would say it is a commercial gimmick to give the fans what they want.

Yeah - right.

Paps

i read somewhere that tom arraya is catholic and that kerry king does not really believe in God or satan.

dave mustain, brian welch and alice cooper (i think) are born again.

i'm a christian but i occasionally listen to slayer (nasa guitar hero kasi). i get more offended listening to rap songs than slayer IMHO. :-D
Successful transactions : Red_hot, popoy_sardinas, mr_orange316, skinner_box96

yona

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 01:25:57 PM »

dave mustain, brian welch and alice cooper (i think) are born again.
i read somewhere that tom arraya is catholic and that kerry king does not really believe in God or satan.

i'm a christian but i occasionally listen to slayer (nasa guitar hero kasi). i get more offended listening to rap songs than slayer IMHO. :-D

For sure Mustaine and Welch are born agains. Don't know about Alice Cooper, but I know the guys in U2 are also born agains.

I like Kerry Kings playing too. And yes - I get offended more easily by rap music.  In fact rap music just pisses me off everytime I hear it, LOL. It might be my age, but then that makes me think that rappers do their stuff just to piss us old folks off.

Paps

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 01:31:34 PM »
Siguro dahil sa image nila, tapos mga mukhang drug addict pa ang ilan sa kanila. I think ang dapat nilang isipin eh its only music, unless madadala ka talaga.
Tignan mo si tom araya(slayer frontman) catholic sya. Si santolla (ex-deicide guitarist). Then we have stryper,impelitterri,khallice. Mga metal bands pero christian.

Offline john.doesnt

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 01:32:38 PM »
Alice Cooper (Vincent Damon Furnier) comes from a family of Christian pastors/preachers and he claims to be a born-again Christian.

The members of the new wave group The Alarm are also born-again Christians.  

It's not where they stand regarding all these things that matters.  It's where YOU stand that will make the difference.

Remember that not every one who calls Jesus Christ, "Lord, Lord" will enter the gates of Heaven.
Piracy is not allowed here...

yona

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 01:35:18 PM »

It's not where they stand regarding all these things that matters.  It's where YOU stand that will make the difference.

Remember that not every one who calls Jesus Christ, "Lord, Lord" will enter the gates of Heaven.

That's a very good point.

Paps

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 05:38:10 PM »
just wanna share something:
metalforjesus.org  :-D
this became my substitute for secular metal :evil:
concerning the topic:
I'm a Christian too and I listen to many songs which are "loaded" with the Satanic theme's and I really just understand what it is really is about and I always refer to my pastor and some Christian metalheads who are also mature enough to know what they are listening too
I am not saying you should listen to Satanic metal but you need to understand to what you are listening too...
I got tired of Dimmu Borgir which they talked about anti-christianity and switched too Impending Doom(a christian unblack band) :-D

hope this helps close the gap on being closemindedness(if its a word hahaha)

BE MORE OPEN WORLD :-D
Psalm 119:105
Colossians 2:8
"We love because he first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

Offline snidd

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 06:45:27 PM »
this made me :lol:

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 06:49:38 PM »
speaking of christian metal bands, here are some i like, mostly when im fixing my guitars  :-) spoken, demon hunter, disciple, pillar

disciple
feature=related
demon hunter
spoken
pillar
pax 217

Offline orangeogre

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 06:50:26 PM »
ang totoong mga anti-christ is CHICAGO  :evil:

Pero sa totoo lang, it's really up to the listener kung mag papadala sya sa lyrics nung mga songs.

Natatandaan ko noong bata pa ako, may nabasa ako sa Metal Edge, yung Vocalist ng Deicide, kung paano sya naging anti-christ.

From what I remember, sa kwento nya parang, nag dasal muna sya kay Lord, at nag goodbye, then kumuha sya ng rosary (yata) pinainit nya sa kandila, tapos minark nya sa noo nya na baliktad.

Galing noh  :-D

Offline p2ltronilogd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 08:20:32 PM »
well one reason why heavy metal was considered Satanic was because of the heavy riffs or heavy tones.

well according to the documentary Metal: A Headbangers Journey
if you would play these kinds of notes back in medieval times  they would say that you were somewhat communicating or summoning the Devil

Offline drumgear_tech

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 08:31:21 PM »
kalokohan..period.. :mrgreen: :| :wink: :roll: :evil: :cry: :oops: :-P :x

Offline p2ltronilogd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 08:32:38 PM »
kalokohan..period.. :mrgreen: :| :wink: :roll: :evil: :cry: :oops: :-P :x
depends on what kind of metal

pag black medyo satanic
pag norwegian black metal you got yourselves true satanists

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2009, 08:40:58 PM »
tom araya of slayer was quoted in metal: a headbanger's journey that he's a catholic. asked why he wrote songs of that nature? because people buy it for the sense of shock value.
Part of the Jackson Bloodline

Offline mj_high

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 10:53:22 PM »
tom araya of slayer was quoted in metal: a headbanger's journey that he's a catholic. asked why he wrote songs of that nature? because people buy it for the sense of shock value.

+1! i read about this, too.. it's really all about the money they make.

metal is not really satanic, a lot of songs from  metallica, megadeth, etc. have somewhat evil lyrics, but it's really all for show. no christian band ever came close to the level of popularity/sales metallica/megadeth even if they're better musicians. but of course, choice rin nung artist yun, baka ayaw rin nila maabot yung standing ng malalaking metal bands. shock value is a big seller.  :-)

ang totoong mga anti-christ is CHICAGO  :evil:

reference to the little nicky movie?  :lol:

Offline pings15

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 09:21:33 AM »
haha pagka metal talaga tugtugan tingin talaga sayo satanista no? haaha

ako: (improvising a dark, metaaaaaahl riff)
(knock knock)
(opens door)
mom: ANO BA YANG TINUTUGTOG MO? ANAK SATANISTA KA NA BA? ANONG NANGYAYARI SAYO?!
(closes the door)
ako: wheeeet?

ako: (kasama ko ate ko)
ate: ano meron sa ipod mo?
ako: ito oh
ate: what the f***?!
ako: ano?
ate: I dont like listening to this satanic stuff
ako: ha? dream theater? satanic?
ate: kahit na...
ako: eto baka kilala mo pa to
ate: che pare pareho lng tlga cla
ako: metallica to eh?! what?!

OH MAN! OH GOD!
Progressive Metal
 www.facebook.com/OMOGofficial   Album to be out soon!  ----- Peavey 5150 |  2x12 Cab with Celestion Speakers  | Micsis Custom 7 DiMarzio Crunchlab/Liquifire Pickups | Gruv Gear Fret Wraps | Dunlop Heavy Core Strings

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 10:20:18 AM »
btw: Dont you think Satan would rather target the mainstream genre rather than metal? come on guys seriously... :evil:
 :-D
Psalm 119:105
Colossians 2:8
"We love because he first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

Offline shredboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 10:20:34 AM »
takot ko lang sa diyos..hehe
references:
Raijin,brianlp,tricciaruba,joey_stratman,numero_unoh,kenzu,sensei,jejan,
holy_diver,kuya_paul,bugoy,Otepkill,kazer08,tamcrasco,maniacally_cool,sleepnot,kidlat666,toybitz,bugarets,crypt,opay,bluesbox,black diamond,eggnog,talentado, and more..