hulika

Author Topic: David Lee Roth vs. Sammy Hagar - Who's better?  (Read 12952 times)

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
David Lee Roth vs. Sammy Hagar - Who's better?
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2006, 10:30:50 AM »
plano ko bilhin yung Fastloader floyd rose sa guitarfetish. di na kelangan putulin ang ulo ng string.  :wink:  para wala nang inaalalang masisira.

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2006, 06:38:09 AM »
Quote from: VenusIsle_5150
oyyy pareng emil, tagal mong nawala a hehe..

May inaasikaso lng na importante............ :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :-#

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2006, 08:02:00 AM »
Quote from: Taoistguitarist
OT: may rumor na maglalabas daw ang Charvel ng EVH Wolfgang! :shock:

Meron pa nun ngayon................

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2006, 06:58:25 PM »
check this out guys:

Barn Halen with David Lee Roth! yee-haw!!
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2006, 08:28:35 AM »
david lee roth ang gusto ko personally..

ibang iba na kasi yung direction nung both era's e..

iba pa rin yung brown sound days.. hehehe

actually yung kay gary cherone gusto ko rin..kasi naging funky yung grooves parang nag iba yung tunog ng van halen. hindi nga lang tanggap ng mga van halen fanatics..
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2006, 01:09:04 PM »
There's something about DLR that makes him totally jive with the VH music. He's the total frontman! Attitude, humor, and his singing is distinctive. I read the "Crazy from the Heat" book he wrote, I had a blast! He had a big factor in the music, and the crazy personality was perfect for the crazy guitar playing ;) i listen alot to DLR era VH, and I can't help but marvel at how cutting edge they were!

But as for Sammy... VH took a commercial pop turn, and some of the songs were memorable. "Live Without a Net" is a classic concert.

But, my vote goes to DLR. I hope they reconcile and make a real huge comeback!!!
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2006, 08:04:03 AM »
amen to that brotha! or even Sammy will do :)

here's something for us Van Halen fans to be proud about:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060628/phw013.html
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2006, 08:04:45 AM »
Quote from: psychic_sushi
There's something about DLR that makes him totally jive with the VH music. He's the total frontman! Attitude, humor, and his singing is distinctive. I read the "Crazy from the Heat" book he wrote, I had a blast! He had a big factor in the music, and the crazy personality was perfect for the crazy guitar playing ;) i listen alot to DLR era VH, and I can't help but marvel at how cutting edge they were!

But as for Sammy... VH took a commercial pop turn, and some of the songs were memorable. "Live Without a Net" is a classic concert.

But, my vote goes to DLR. I hope they reconcile and make a real huge comeback!!!

This would be great....................  O:)  8-[

Offline balance

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2006, 07:28:13 AM »
hehehe mixed ako dito
David Lee Roth kung live
Sammy Hager kung albums

Offline toybitz

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2006, 12:34:55 PM »
I prefer Sammy.  Not that I believe him to be better.  I like his voice more and his range is wider.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2006, 01:08:40 PM »
sammy....

dave was classic....but ang tunog ng mga album nila noon, nakikipag competensya ang vocal sa gitara. dave is a ham! i dont like him...sorry sa mga DLR fans...pero kupal talaga sa ugali :lol: but i love DLR era songs...for the guitar playing.

sammy...not because of his range lang.....hayop ang chemistry nila. hagar compliments eddie's guitar playing...because (then) maganda ang relation nila.

sayang nga lang at naghiwalay nanaman sila ng landas.pero the door is always open naman ata. nakipag bati si hagar kay eddie...and they lasted one tour...at least d ba?

eddie van halen must be going through a rough time....nawala ba naman si valerie bertinelli sa buhay nya...d ba mawawala ka ng perspective non?

sayang
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2006, 04:09:48 PM »
hehe may perspective na ulit, nangchix na naman e :lol:

dref40cc

Re: David Lee Roth vs. Sammy Hagar - Who's better?
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2007, 04:05:03 PM »

i like the sammy era. the songs were more introspective, serious, they added a  keyboard played  by eddie the songs become longer plus the great vocals of sammy.

Offline ortigas

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2007, 01:36:30 PM »
Dave was the epitome of "cool", and poor Sammy is the epitome of "cheesy". Hahahaha! Just my opinion.  :evil:

Offline ortigas

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2007, 01:40:12 PM »
Cabo Wabo - serious? Sammy sure wrote a lot more love songs. Keyboards came in on the "1984" album which Lee Roth was still on.

dref40cc

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2007, 03:22:27 PM »
   sorry   i was wrong about  the "keyboard thing" because it also causes differences between dave and eddie,  dlr,   just wanted a guitar based  band.  and eddie however complain about the comic persona of david lee roth.

sammy pa din

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 03:35:07 PM by dref40cc »

Offline Carmela

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2007, 05:01:10 AM »
Hmm, I guess most people would say that Van Halen I and II were both great, of course David and Sammy were 2 different vocalists. But people embraced the change (of course there are those huge David Lee Roth fans). Personally, I like Sammy, don't know why, hehe, maybe I'm more used to seeing him with Van Halen. I keep hearing Van Halen (I) songs when I was really young, but never really cared, never thought that I would be a rocker. So anyway, that time na kilala ko na Van Halen, si Sammy na. Maybe that's the reason why I'm choosing him. I have nothing against DLR.

Hehe, Van Halen III was a disaster. Even I knew they would flop. As in nung nabalitaan ko, "GARY CHERONE!!!!" Muntik akong mawalan sa katinuan. Nothing against Gary also, he's a good vocalist. Pero parang di bagay lang sa music ng Van Halen. And I remember seeing this Van Halen(III) concert on TV, muntik yata akong maiyak nung kinanta nya yung old songs ng Van Halen.