hulika

Author Topic: MY TOP 10 GOTHIC/GOTHIC METAL BANDS  (Read 2091 times)

Offline axebass26

• Philmusicus Addictus
MY TOP 10 GOTHIC/GOTHIC METAL BANDS
« on: March 23, 2009, 12:32:12 PM »
post your comments so I can listen to other bands that you think are better... and educate me if i post a band that you think is not gothic or gothic metal...

well my criteria for making this list?

1. Scary Sounding (LOL not like the heaviness of death or black metal  although some bands that i name in this list can be classified into black metal)

includes:
a: Vocals
b: instrumentation/Musicality
c: Arrangement

2. Lyrics, dark lyrics, or gloomy lyrics (not EMO lyrics)

3. Awesomeness of the BAND

so here goes

MY TOP 10 GOTH/GOTHIC METAL BANDS

10. Anathema = dark wave? nah... great lyrics, great vocals and catchy tunes

9.   Therion = Viking Metal? nah... the lyrics and musicality point towards goth

8.   Evanescence = err... too popular for my tastes but they're still awesome so they get in...

7.   Trail of Tears = ah yeah... gothic + metal... trail of tears makes my ears tingle every time i listen to them... nice vocals, instrumentation, and arrangement...

6.   Type O Negative and The 69 Eyes = Draconian Goth (WTF???)... nice deep sexy voices... nice lyrics and nice scary sounds... yeah... hehehe...

5.  Theater of Tragedy = nice slow and heavy... dark sounding, great dark lyrics...

4.  Nightwish = F*CKING HARD TO PLAY!!! hahaha... great Arrangements, riffs, solos, just plain great Music...

3.  Epica = a nice break from the really loud and heavy sounds of other Metal bands... that does not mean that Epica is a light sounding band (ergo SENTI) far from it... their songs just provide rest from the fast and heavy... but it will still give you a musical orgasm if you're into technical sh*t..

2. a.  After Forever = METAL, real METAL. GOTH, TRUE GOTH = GOTHIC METAL!!! heavy riffs, excruciating SOLOS (LOL), great lyrics with great vocals.

b. Within Temptation = My New Evanescence... WAHAHAHAH!!! well Within Temptation actually sounds a like Evanescence but a bit heavier for me... well Amy Lee of Evanescence and Sharon Den Adel of Within Temptation are friends and collaborate on a lot of projects...

1. Cradle of Filth = Many will react saying that Cradle of filth is FREAKIN BLACK METAL!!! but... CoF for me is gothic... just FREAKIN LISTEN to them!!! dark lyrics, slow heavy beats, amazing vocals, musicality and stuff... my fave band in this genre...
omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis........
http://axebass26.multiply.com .....
 GAS LIST:  WARWICK ROCKBASS CORVETTE $$ 5string  EBS Micro Bass 2 Preamp  MONO Gig Bag

Offline piscean

Re: MY TOP 10 GOTHIC/GOTHIC METAL BANDS
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 11:52:58 PM »
Hmm... I-lilist ko na lang regardless of ranking, medyo limited lang kasi exposure ko sa goth music. Pero tingin ko, pasok rin yung trip-hop na genre sa criteria mo.

1. Scarlet Tears - Local Band. Goth Rock. I like their album Beneath the Crescent Moon.
2. The Late Isabel - Local Band din. Naaalala ko si Tim Burton pag naririnig ko sila, hehehe.
3. Sunday Munich - Love the dynamics of the male and female singer. Creepy ang dating. Lalo na yung cover nila ng Wish You Were Here ng Pink Floyd.
4. Dead Can Dance - Eto para sakin ang nakakatakot, hehehe, parang pang kulto, hehehe.
5. Bauhaus - One of the pioneers of goth rock? Bela Lugosi's Dead!
6. Lycia - Dark ambient, mostly instrumental. Try their IONIA album.
7. Johnny Hollows - may pagka Late Isabel yung dating, di ko maexplain yung style e. Try mo na lang yung Dirty Hands album nila.
8. Lunascape - Trip-hop band, if Evanesence is too popular for your taste, try this band from Belgium.
9. Marilyn Manson - Di ko alam kung counted sya as goth, hehehe, but some of their songs are creepy. (minute of decay, god eat god, kinderfield)
10. Soundtrack ng mga Silent Hill video games (Akira Yamaoka) - Creepy, ambient music. Pakinggan mo yung Room of Angels.

Offline axebass26

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 01:26:21 PM »
Hmm... I-lilist ko na lang regardless of ranking, medyo limited lang kasi exposure ko sa goth music. Pero tingin ko, pasok rin yung trip-hop na genre sa criteria mo.

1. Scarlet Tears - Local Band. Goth Rock. I like their album Beneath the Crescent Moon.
2. The Late Isabel - Local Band din. Naaalala ko si Tim Burton pag naririnig ko sila, hehehe.
3. Sunday Munich - Love the dynamics of the male and female singer. Creepy ang dating. Lalo na yung cover nila ng Wish You Were Here ng Pink Floyd.
4. Dead Can Dance - Eto para sakin ang nakakatakot, hehehe, parang pang kulto, hehehe.
5. Bauhaus - One of the pioneers of goth rock? Bela Lugosi's Dead!
6. Lycia - Dark ambient, mostly instrumental. Try their IONIA album.
7. Johnny Hollows - may pagka Late Isabel yung dating, di ko maexplain yung style e. Try mo na lang yung Dirty Hands album nila.
8. Lunascape - Trip-hop band, if Evanesence is too popular for your taste, try this band from Belgium.
9. Marilyn Manson - Di ko alam kung counted sya as goth, hehehe, but some of their songs are creepy. (minute of decay, god eat god, kinderfield)
10. Soundtrack ng mga Silent Hill video games (Akira Yamaoka) - Creepy, ambient music. Pakinggan mo yung Room of Angels.

BAUHAUS!!! yeah!!! man they rock!!! and speaking of game soundtracks.. err listen to requiem of the gods by apocalyptica...

sige hanapin ko yung mga sinabi mo... pero nice list bro...
omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis........
http://axebass26.multiply.com .....
 GAS LIST:  WARWICK ROCKBASS CORVETTE $$ 5string  EBS Micro Bass 2 Preamp  MONO Gig Bag

Offline miguel0210

• Netizen Level
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 05:34:31 PM »
I really don't like Gothic Metal, but Gothic Rock is one of my faves

1. The Cure (Old)
2. Joy Division
3. Bauhaus
4. Sisters Of Mercy
5. Siouxsie and The Banshees
6. Xmal Deutchland
7. Sex Gang Children