hulika

Author Topic: pa'no tangalin ang katamaran sa pag gigitara???  (Read 30284 times)

Offline screamingguitars

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: pa'no tangalin ang katamaran sa pag gigitara???
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 07:46:53 PM »
friend mo ko?  :-D

and i'm also very active here  :lol:

Sure bro!  8-) 8-) 8-)

Very active indeed.. :-D

Offline IncX

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 07:51:43 PM »

i completely understand what you are going thru. i quit music and playing guitar for 10 years (or actually, more).

i remember i was in davao city when i really got interested with guitar and i hung out with musical ppl ... we talked about nothing but guitars, music and being in a really good band.

when i moved to manila, i was so excited cause i was in the impression that everyone in manila loves being in a band - a metal band to be exact... oh how wrong was i - nobody wanted to form a band, let alone a metal one, if they did, they only wanted to play e-heads covers and check out the women more than actually making music... it also ddnt help that ability-wise, they suck.

pretty soon i felt hopeless and before i knew it, i was listening to alternative bands and given a few more months, i was living "normally;" studying, playing CS, playing starcraft, malling on weekends, getting a gf, etc...

i guess if you hang out with ppl who are not musical, you eventually end up losing interest with music, and youd start focusing on what the group has in common... and trust me, those are usually shallow things. when was the last time you had a good conversation about art or music in the workplace? ppl just wanna know whats the latest ABS-CBN gimik or whether Hayden Kho has another scandal out.

so here's your solution: hang out with your musical friends, listen to music that you will just love and appreciate without asking "can i do that?" ... just enjoy the music.

as for me, i got back into music when i moved back to davao - cut off contacts with non musical friends ... and saw the anime, Beck, before that *lol* it actually reminded me how it was to be 14 and how badly i wanted to "make it."

good luck on your journey. dont sell your guitars.

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 07:59:06 PM »
Sure bro!  8-) 8-) 8-)

Very active indeed.. :-D

see (for others who, you know who you are  :lol:)...
we can all be at peace and not too serious about everything, we have all our differences and opinions.

most of us have works or other things to do, but i will always have time to play the guitar.
and Philmusic is already part of my daily activities.  :lol:

@tam_guitar - baka magtampo yung mga gitara mo, himas himasin mo naman, kahit kalabitin mo kahit mga 2mins pwede mo gawin, pag na-feel mo ulit yan, babalik urge mo saka maaalala mo rin mga sinasabi mong nakalimutan :-D

i completely understand what you are going thru. i quit music and playing guitar for 10 years (or actually, more).

i remember i was in davao city when i really got interested with guitar and i hung out with musical ppl ... we talked about nothing but guitars, music and being in a really good band.

when i moved to manila, i was so excited cause i was in the impression that everyone in manila loves being in a band - a metal band to be exact... oh how wrong was i - nobody wanted to form a band, let alone a metal one, if they did, they only wanted to play e-heads covers and check out the women more than actually making music... it also ddnt help that ability-wise, they suck.

pretty soon i felt hopeless and before i knew it, i was listening to alternative bands and given a few more months, i was living "normally;" studying, playing CS, playing starcraft, malling on weekends, getting a gf, etc...

i guess if you hang out with ppl who are not musical, you eventually end up losing interest with music, and youd start focusing on what the group has in common... and trust me, those are usually shallow things. when was the last time you had a good conversation about art or music in the workplace? ppl just wanna know whats the latest ABS-CBN gimik or whether Hayden Kho has another scandal out.

so here's your solution: hang out with your musical friends, listen to music that you will just love and appreciate without asking "can i do that?" ... just enjoy the music.

as for me, i got back into music when i moved back to davao - cut off contacts with non musical friends ... and saw the anime, Beck, before that *lol* it actually reminded me how it was to be 14 and how badly i wanted to "make it."

good luck on your journey. dont sell your guitars.

true! love chatting with these kind of people...  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 08:03:27 PM by arkeetar »

Offline mavsweep

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 08:05:05 PM »
Ako din na-expirience ko na yan nung nagkawork din ako... :-) All I did is listen to more challenging stuff... Nung nakinig akong mga bagong music biglang bumalik sa akin yung urge n maggitara ulit... :-D

Offline screamingguitars

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 08:22:54 PM »
see (for others who, you know who you are  :lol:)...
we can all be at peace and not too serious about everything, we have all our differences and opinions.

Its always nice to have a good conversation,good laugh every now and then (including those petty arguments sometimes cause i've been there too), be at peace and talk about music and the GUITAR here indeed.

most of us have works or other things to do, but i will always have time to play the guitar.
and Philmusic is already part of my daily activities.  :lol:

@tam_guitar - baka magtampo yung mga gitara mo, himas himasin mo naman, kahit kalabitin mo kahit mga 2mins pwede mo gawin, pag na-feel mo ulit yan, babalik urge mo saka maaalala mo rin mga sinasabi mong nakalimutan :-D

Ika nga sa isang thread topic dito, ilapit mo lang gitara mo kay JR. sigurado magkaka urge ka nyan he he OT na ako baka mawarningan ulit ako nyan he he sorry guys.

true! love chatting with these kind of people...  :lol:

same here.. 8-)

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 08:58:56 PM »
Acoustic guitar.  Near the spot in the house where you crash after a hard day's work.  Doesn't have to be a pretty acoustic, and expensive at that, but it has to sound good to inspire you.  Having a 'beater' lying around in the house enables you to pick it up easily (no setups, no katams!) and start playing.

Eventually, mapapaisip ka.  Wonder how that sounds through my rig?   :roll:
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 09:01:44 PM »
pshychological lang ba talaga?

yes, and it also depends what your work is, im pretty sure its not senior living assistant but i do have friends who have that job and they call me about gear, one of them just bought a gibson
..do think trying to learn a new song will boost me up again?

listening to a new song, should inspire you, it shouldnt be the reason of just picking up the guitar  :-)

dati, when i practice with my band, we don't want to stop anymore kasi ang sarap talaga tumugtog! lalu na may sarili kaming studio.

same here, but my bandmates were always lazy (especially my bro),but i do get lazy sometimes and  a good pick me up i always do is drink tea or coke(soda)  :lol:

ung 3 ko ka band, di nag bago...ako lang medyo nag lie low kasi parang tinamad ako, hnd sa mga ka banda ko kundi lagi ako pagod sa work.

in a point in life, you get a job and get married and between those are other events, my dad never ever gave up what he liked, even having us '3 bro's' he still has the time to go down his studio and play his drums, but rarely use the double pedals

hnd kami maka gig dahil sa akin, nakalimutan ko na mga solo ko pati chords ng mga kanta. badtrip talaga.

just live inspired dude.. expand your music palette  :-)

Offline .Geno.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 09:46:07 PM »
It's not always passion but also wisdom. If you want to achieve something, you must learn to work hard for it.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 10:22:47 PM »

yes, and it also depends what your work is, im pretty sure its not senior living assistant but i do have friends who have that job and they call me about gear, one of them just bought a gibson
listening to a new song, should inspire you, it shouldnt be the reason of just picking up the guitar  :-)

same here, but my bandmates were always lazy (especially my bro),but i do get lazy sometimes and  a good pick me up i always do is drink tea or coke(soda)  :lol:

in a point in life, you get a job and get married and between those are other events, my dad never ever gave up what he liked, even having us '3 bro's' he still has the time to go down his studio and play his drums, but rarely use the double pedals

just live inspired dude.. expand your music palette  :-)

Offline Hellghast

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 01:02:21 AM »
buy a new guitar. baka ma inspire ka.

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 03:18:27 AM »
find a challenge by playing a different genre that you think can give you a challenge. it's all about pushing yourself to become a better player than you already are. no one's the best player in the world. that's just dead impossible. even the self-proclaimed best players know that there are better players than them and that's what pushes them to work harder. hell, even skwisgaar skwigelf practices in the bathtub with his "gibsons eksplorers" :lol:
Part of the Jackson Bloodline

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2009, 11:39:04 AM »
pa'no tangalin ang katamaran sa pag gigitara???

buy a Boss RC-2. :lol:

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2009, 11:51:20 AM »
buy a Boss RC-2. :lol:

tama! hehe kung tinatamad akong mag bukas ng pc, rc-2! the best!  :lol:

Offline diaboliche

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2009, 11:55:16 AM »
buy a new guitar. baka ma inspire ka.

Tumpak bro. Gaganahan ka nyan pag bago guitar mo.

Offline papotzki85

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2009, 04:39:09 PM »
get a LINE6 SPIDERJAM AMPLIFIER mga 75watts pataas hahahaha that way di ka magsasawa sa pagtugtuog sa daming jam tracks na kasama hahahaha tapos pag may gig at wala ka kabanda eh yun lang dalhin mo kumpleto na yun ikaw nalang magpapsok ng feel-in mo tapos kaw na kumanta pwede ka na one man band tol hehehehe at sa sobrang lakas na nun pwedeng pwede na tsaka pwede na rekta guitar mo andun na din lahat ng effects pwede na yun

Offline eovalenz

• Netizen Level
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2009, 08:58:57 PM »
Ako naman mag start ng lessons this coming friday kasi may free time na ako sa umaga. sa hapon naman yung trabaho ko and matagal ko na talagang gustong mag lessons para may mag guide sa akin. Nakaka tamad kasi kung ako lang mag isa and sobrang dami ng lessons sa net at di ko alam san mag umpisa.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 11:24:22 PM by eovalenz »

Offline screamingguitars

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2009, 09:30:52 PM »
get a LINE6 SPIDERJAM AMPLIFIER mga 75watts pataas hahahaha that way di ka magsasawa sa pagtugtuog sa daming jam tracks na kasama hahahaha tapos pag may gig at wala ka kabanda eh yun lang dalhin mo kumpleto na yun ikaw nalang magpapsok ng feel-in mo tapos kaw na kumanta pwede ka na one man band tol hehehehe at sa sobrang lakas na nun pwedeng pwede na tsaka pwede na rekta guitar mo andun na din lahat ng effects pwede na yun

Rock On!!! :-D 8-)

Offline ninjeremy

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2009, 09:38:40 PM »

Very true IncX

Have more or less experienced the same thing. Stopped playing for more than 10 years. Then I had these new office mates that are younger and had their own bands.

But this made me realize that I know or have somethings that do they do not have or know so we got to share information and knowledge about music. Before I knew it I got GAS infected (thanks to PhilMusic hahaha) and was trying to learn songs and achieve tones I couldn't nail before. Even made me dig up old gears that I haven't used for a long time.

I have a work schedule that runs up to midnights or early morning but yet I managed to play even for an hour a day...not unless when am hammered of course hehehe  :lol:

What worked for me was learning songs that I gave up long before. Aspiring guitar players are so fortunate right now since "correct" lessons are easy to come by  :-D

Best,
NINJeremy

Successful transactions with: Wesndestroy, khuxielog, dubista, turi, nalu, obetski, red_hot, juzvelyn, dread_head, haxo55, guitbox, doubletrouble, unoh, pao2pao16, wiccan8888, leonshredd, markv, daturd, alvinratsim  and some I have forgotten \m/

Offline tweenty-seven

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2009, 06:51:56 AM »
guitar has always been my passion

...pero when i started working, everything changed.

my guitars just stayed on the wall.
my effects are hidden in the stock room.

my amps are dusty.

nakakatamad kasi mag setup lalu na pag pagod kana, tapos ikaw din mag liligpit.

hnd ko na matandaan yung mga kantang alam ko.

haii...i don't want my love for guitars to just fade away

nalagpasan nyo na bo itong stage na ito sa buhay nyo?

parehas tayo ganyan ako.. kaya ang ginagawa ko since solo ko kwarto ko..pagka gitara.. tanggal sa saksak ang extension wire.lagay sa stand yung guitar.. at MATULOG NA! hehe  walang ligpit ligpit.. ahaha
numeroh_unoh, mondemonle, deathbymistake, iandomld, shodawmoon, pentagramX, gitardy, vincejezzrell, bossingboss, crypt, haxo55, luk3, xboughtbybloodx, bimbo, gunslinger13, lisza12,marshidalgo, pinkybrief, onji, palmuteboi, dime001, master_jeremiah

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2009, 10:37:28 AM »
Very true IncX

Have more or less experienced the same thing. Stopped playing for more than 10 years. Then I had these new office mates that are younger and had their own bands.

But this made me realize that I know or have somethings that do they do not have or know so we got to share information and knowledge about music. Before I knew it I got GAS infected (thanks to PhilMusic hahaha) and was trying to learn songs and achieve tones I couldn't nail before. Even made me dig up old gears that I haven't used for a long time.

I have a work schedule that runs up to midnights or early morning but yet I managed to play even for an hour a day...not unless when am hammered of course hehehe  :lol:

What worked for me was learning songs that I gave up long before. Aspiring guitar players are so fortunate right now since "correct" lessons are easy to come by  :-D

Best,
NINJeremy

frankly speaking my circle of friends are all musically inclined.

my band and my "band friends"
i got friends that graduated music school
i got musical tech people
and i got you guys here in the forum...

i guess what happened is, started buying fx and guitars and displaying them in my room, they look nice and i was satisfied

lagi ko pinupunasan araw araw, yung mga gitara at fx
yung sapatos ko nga hnd ko pinupunasan eh

i don't want to be just a "collector"
i don't even have boutique fx just boss' pedals majority

yung mga madaming effects dito sa forum, na gagamit nyo ba lahat ng fx nyo?
o naka display lang din?

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:39:16 AM by tam_guitar »
There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2009, 11:00:54 AM »
frankly speaking my circle of friends are all musically inclined.

my band and my "band friends"
i got friends that graduated music school
i got musical tech people
and i got you guys here in the forum...

i guess what happened is, started buying fx and guitars and displaying them in my room, they look nice and i was satisfied

lagi ko pinupunasan araw araw, yung mga gitara at fx
yung sapatos ko nga hnd ko pinupunasan eh

i don't want to be just a "collector"
i don't even have boutique fx just boss' pedals majority

yung mga madaming effects dito sa forum, na gagamit nyo ba lahat ng fx nyo?
o naka display lang din?

10 pedals sa board plus 3 pedals backup hehe madami na ba yun? madami na kasi para s'kin  :lol:
nagagamit ko naman, may extra lang na 3 para pang backup, mahirap din kasi yung bili ng bili pero hindi naman magagamit lahat, pero hinding hindi ko gagawin na hanggang display na lang sayang talaga... dapat pag isipan mong mabuti yan  :-)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:17:51 AM by arkeetar »

Offline papotzki85

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2009, 11:14:39 AM »
parehas tayo ganyan ako.. kaya ang ginagawa ko since solo ko kwarto ko..pagka gitara.. tanggal sa saksak ang extension wire.lagay sa stand yung guitar.. at MATULOG NA! hehe  walang ligpit ligpit.. ahaha

madali lang yan ang gitara unang una wag mo itago sa guitar case. get a guitar stand para palagi mo nakikita gitara mo. tempting palagi yun if kita mo guitar mo. itabi mo sa kama mo.set mo ng maayos yung mga gadgets if you have. get a floormat and a cover para tinatakluban nyo nalang yung gadget para pag tapos ka na hilahin mo nalang sa ilalim ng kama hahahaha. get an acoustic din tapos guitar stand. that way wala kang ligpitin. no need to plug anything. play lang ng play  :-D may sense naman mga ser diba?  :roll:

Offline ytse_neil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 06:52:18 AM »
Ako din mga boss..Parang dahil sa mga past failures na nangyari sakin in the past months parang nawawala yung enthusiasm ko sa pag-gigitara. Nakakainis everytime na mag-gigitara ako pagnaiisip ko parang nakakawalang gana na..Kaya pati mga bandmates ko naapektuhan na dahil di na ako maxadong sumisipot sa practice namin..anu po ba magandang gawin mga boss? :?

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2009, 07:17:46 AM »
Ako din mga boss..Parang dahil sa mga past failures na nangyari sakin in the past months parang nawawala yung enthusiasm ko sa pag-gigitara. Nakakainis everytime na mag-gigitara ako pagnaiisip ko parang nakakawalang gana na..Kaya pati mga bandmates ko naapektuhan na dahil di na ako maxadong sumisipot sa practice namin..anu po ba magandang gawin mga boss? :?

failure from what?

lets jam  :-)

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2009, 07:55:40 AM »

listen to new songs, listen to old new songs... watch concert dvds, browse youtube, listen to the radio, go to live concerts, watch other bands...

failure from what?

lets jam  :-)

hehe sagot ni bryan ticket fare papunta sa kanya  :lol:

sama ako hehe