hulika

Author Topic: Two Rock Crystal Clear Guitar Cable -- the best so far  (Read 37880 times)

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Two Rock Crystal Clear Guitar Cable -- the best so far
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2006, 02:39:05 PM »
astig! guys, nakahanap ako ng comparison charts and diagrams, kasama rito ang Two-Rock ni oasgomez, compared sa ibang brands na binanggit natin.
hope we could clear things out and be more technical and objective sa thread na to. tama na ang away, malalaki na tayo.
peace sa ating lahat.. :wink:

http://lavacable.com/myweb/CableSummit4.pdf
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2006, 08:07:12 PM »
uy ayus na info yan..
Surf's Up!

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #202 on: May 05, 2006, 06:01:14 AM »
Kawal,

That Cable Summit review has been around for more than three years already.  In fact, this article was one of the articles I used to decide to get the Two Rock.  But take note that the author qualifies it as a subjective rating.  

What really convinced me on the Two Rock was the review posted by Vintage Guitar Magazine.  Plus, it was one heck of pain to find a Van Den Hul Integrated Hybrid which goes I think for US$50 per foot.

By the way, this cable summit review was made before the entrance of Analysis Plus into the cable scene.

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2006, 08:46:08 AM »
^
of course it's gotta be subjective.. Dimension, Pitch definition, Feel are criteria that would depend on different ears. but whose got the perfect tone anyway??? pero sige, at least may statistical criteria yung review.:D
ang naging problema lang naman dito sa thread is that yung two-rock is relatively and surprisingly expensive compared sa mga cables na gamit ng mga forumites natin. well, for some people na "can afford", it should not be a problem if youre REALLY looking for tonal quality. but man, you should agree with me that it's way expensive. "6.5k for a 10-foot cable?? cmon, are you kidding???" is a very normal and acceptable response. anyways, the hell with that thing. if you got the money, and you're happy with your cable, then that should be enough.
based sa charts and my own research, yung Analysis Plus and recommended for quality vs. price. maganda rin reviews nya if you try to google it.
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline Lava Man

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2006, 07:58:18 PM »
Two rock cables are what started me making my own - after seeing one for $150 USD for 10 feet two years ago...I thought I could make my own so I did out of Canare GS-6. Two rocks are good but over-priced. I friend of mine who owns 3 Two Rock amps and several of thier cables actually prefers some of the Canare GS-6 I made for him.

If cable is important to you, here's my ranked list (I make all of these)

1. Evidence Audio Lyric HG
2. Lava ELC
3. Evidence Audio Melody
4. Sommer Spirit
5. Klotz
6. Canare GS-6
7. Mogami 2524
8. George L's
9. Gotham GAC-1

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #205 on: May 05, 2006, 09:28:13 PM »
Kawal and Lava Man,

For my setup, US$120 was well spent.  It sounded great.  Kawal, I suggest you try it out before you judge it.  If you plug into good sounding amps, the Two Rock makes it more worthwhile.  

Whats more, given you have a good sounding amp and super good sounding guitars, the two rocks become indispensable at this point in time for me.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #206 on: May 06, 2006, 04:41:05 AM »
hmmm.. ? does cables really matter ? ano ba advantage at material na maganda for cables ? i heard merong mga gold plated at made of silver ? ano ba ang purpose ng magandang cable ? may kinalaman ba yan sa bilis ng transfer kagaya ng sa internet pag naka standard phoneline cable ka for dial up modems eh mabagal ang transfer rate ng data, compared pag naka coax ka or RG? kc ako gamit ko lang eh yung 6pcs for 190 pesos na dinosaur patch cables ng lazer at yung 170 pesos na noiseless guitar cable ng Lazer din ?

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #207 on: May 06, 2006, 06:28:00 AM »
True, not all cables are created equal. In a blind test done, the #12 royal cord the thing you buy at the hardware store, got all the votes. What does that tell you? Technically, a wire has one component measureable at dc currents. That is, resistance per linear meter. The bigger the wire the less is the resistance, the more juice flows so to speak. However we are talking of AC signals, audio is AC. And in AC three parameters come into the picture. Resistance, capacitance and inductance. The gauge and length determines the resistance but the braiding and twisting affects the interwire capacitance and some inductance. Inductance and capacitance are also very frequency dependent. SO the way the interconnects are done, the loudspeaker cables are bundled, all affect to some degree the frequency response of the total setup. Wittingly or unwittingly these cables have a differnt role in the system other than signal transfer. Some act like filters and equalizers in a subtle way. So for the very trained ear they affect the sound good or bad. But one thing I cannot comprehend is a direction mode for the cable. Is the cable a diode. Is resistance unidirectional or is it just another lie?
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline Kulas

« Reply #208 on: May 06, 2006, 07:42:59 AM »
Quote from: bugoy
hmmm.. ? does cables really matter ? ano ba advantage at material na maganda for cables ? i heard merong mga gold plated at made of silver ? ano ba ang purpose ng magandang cable ? may kinalaman ba yan sa bilis ng transfer kagaya ng sa internet pag naka standard phoneline cable ka for dial up modems eh mabagal ang transfer rate ng data, compared pag naka coax ka or RG? kc ako gamit ko lang eh yung 6pcs for 190 pesos na dinosaur patch cables ng lazer at yung 170 pesos na noiseless guitar cable ng Lazer din ?

yup bro, believe it or not, it has an effect. we trid out oasgomez's cables one time. yung klotz nya and the two rock. considering na yung klotz is a good cable na, it sounded somewhat dull compared to the two rock. sa two rock the sound was more crisp, transparent. you can hear the most subtle nuances of your playing. more than the tone, it contributes more of the character of the playing.

Offline Lava Man

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #209 on: May 06, 2006, 07:45:39 AM »
Allbeit I am new, here's  the new Lava ELC (Extreme Low Capaciticance) cable made in the USA exclusively for Lava Cable and assembled in Lava Cable's Custom Shop:

20 feet: $69.95 This cable has already been ranked no#1 out several brands Lava Cable offers to include Klotz. Read review: Lava ELC Review

Offline qwi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2006, 07:56:50 AM »
what if the two rocks cables is the one that adds something in your tone to make it sound the way you hear it? hehe nanggugulo lang...
for sale jim dunlop univibe & Epi chet atkins
also available PIO caps 22nf & 47nf @150pesos

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #211 on: May 07, 2006, 12:15:29 AM »
Quote from: qwi
what if the two rocks cables is the one that adds something in your tone to make it sound the way you hear it? hehe nanggugulo lang...
uy!OT lng tabi tabi.tnx for the info re:th bsiab2.
baliktad nga yung PCB.pag nagka tym gaw ako uli.tnx man!
ok bak to da regular programming. :D peace!