hulika

Author Topic: Open invite to Vaisteen & Machine & others  (Read 8645 times)

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Open invite to Vaisteen & Machine & others
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2006, 06:41:52 PM »
Quote from: psychic_sushi
I was pretty floored by the awesome stuff, I can't wait to give it all a go again, this time using oasgomez's moon guitar, a very righteous axe :)

I promise to stay longer to twiddle around more. Sunday was such a treat!

The amp was a real happening thing, I'm afraid that I wont be able to give it enough praises coz its been gosh-damned here heaps. I just love the overdrives texture, its whoomph and voice. But guys, IMHO, I wish we could crank in LOUDER! Hahaha, I understand the space limitations, plus the good relations Arie must keep with his neighbours ;) Next time, I'm looking forward to hearing it (and try it again sana) moving some earth and shaking the rafters.

I dug the way the RC Boost made Arie's tele sound rounded, like it was humbucker loaded. That little box is amazing!

And the rmc wizard wah was awesome, it hits the right frequencies, and has plenty of "chew" factor with warmth, something i seek in a wah.

Oh, the yummy empanada was "right up there" at the level of the toys ;)

It was great to meet you guys! Til next time and thanx for Sunday's great educational experience in fine tone :)

Man, I can see that you were really amazed by the gear that you forgot that it was a Monday. :lol:
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2006, 10:28:48 PM »
Quote from: titser_marco
I was pretty floored by the awesome stuff, I can't wait to give it all a go again, this time using oasgomez's moon guitar, a very righteous axe :)

The amp was a real happening thing, I'm afraid that I wont be able to give it enough praises coz its been gosh-damned here heaps. I just love the overdrives texture, its whoomph and voice. But guys, IMHO, I wish we could crank in LOUDER! Hahaha, I understand the space limitations, plus the good relations Arie must keep with his neighbours ;) Next time, I'm looking forward to hearing it (and try it again sana) moving some earth and shaking the rafters.

I dug the way the RC Boost made Arie's tele sound rounded, like it was humbucker loaded. That little box is amazing!

And the rmc wizard wah was awesome, it hits the right frequencies, and has plenty of "chew" factor with warmth, something i seek in a wah.

It was great to meet you guys! Til next time and thanx for Sunday's great educational experience in fine tone :)

Man, I can see that you were really amazed by the gear that you forgot that it was a Monday. :lol:

Aw shoot! It was! sorry, my internal clock was screwed, heck, friday felt like a saturday, i confess to be stuck in a timewarp... i should spend more time looking at the clock than the metronome...

thanks for knocking sense into me titser-marco. btw, nice axe :)
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2006, 04:09:50 PM »
Quote from: nathanmanansala
Quote from: deltaslim
Dun sa Pinoy Blues Club na tinayo namin, I hope to promote more slide guitar.  Mag clinics kami and listening sessions.

its such an alien technique to me that, dati, i thought i'd learn how to play from watching you pero ang nangyayari lang is natutulala ako. wala din akong napi-pick up. :lol: :lol:

if you learn and start getting good at slide guitar the way you are with regular guitar, i'm gonna lose my job in the band... ;-)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2006, 04:12:44 PM »
Quote from: Tarkuz Toccata
Quote from: deltaslim
Dun sa Pinoy Blues Club na tinayo namin, I hope to promote more slide guitar.  Mag clinics kami and listening sessions.

Anong tuning mo, standard o altered?

i can play slide in both, pero easier sa open (G/A, D/E).

i want to learn hawaiian and lap/pedal steel tunings next bec i wanna play in those styles too.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2006, 05:00:33 PM »

Aw shoot! It was! sorry, my internal clock was screwed, heck, friday felt like a saturday, i confess to be stuck in a timewarp... i should spend more time looking at the clock than the metronome...

It's the food man! An sarap ng food na sinerve, sobra! Kahit ako, nagtetext ako sa gelpren ko na mageextend yung session kesyo gantio, ganyan pero ang totoo sarap na sarap ako dun sa choco cookies. :D

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2006, 05:01:49 PM »

It's the food man! An sarap ng food na sinerve, sobra! Kahit ako, nagtetext ako sa gelpren ko na mageextend yung session kesyo gantio, ganyan pero ang totoo sarap na sarap ako dun sa choco cookies. :D