hulika

Author Topic: Open invite to Vaisteen & Machine & others  (Read 8644 times)

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
Open invite to Vaisteen & Machine & others
« on: April 29, 2006, 07:22:05 PM »
Guys,

I just confirmed with Arie.  Both of you & others can drop by guitar hospital on May 1, this coming Monday afternoon.  I will be there with Arie.  You guys can test the Diezel and hear the Two Rock.  Beyond that, I and Arie will show why we think it is NOT ALL in the Hands because we will make the extra effort to show you why we think one electric guitar sounds better than another.  

Bring your guitars so that you can hear the difference when you plug into the diezel.  I recommend straight jack.

Please confirm.  Thanks.

All others interested.  Please sign on.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 08:30:12 PM »
oasgomez -- has anyone ever said that it's ALL in the hands?  has anyone ever said that ALL guitars sound the same?  you're missing the point as to why a lot of folks don't have you on their valentine's card list.  isn't it clear to you that EVERYONE AGREES that good tone comes from a mix of both?  and isn't it clear to you that people just don't like the way you put down their gear, but don't really contradict the fact-based "reviews" you give on your gear? lighten up man... it's good for the heart.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 10:04:30 PM »
I am glad you think that way.

Its actually for the kids who are just beginning guitar here.  I have been getting a lot of requests.  So, I just wanted to pass on what Arie taught me early on which I think will save them a lot of anguish later on when selecting a guitar.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 10:24:15 PM »
Quote from: oasgomez
I am glad you think that way.

Its actually for the kids who are just beginning guitar here.  I have been getting a lot of requests.  So, I just wanted to pass on what Arie taught me early on which I think will save them a lot of anguish later on when selecting a guitar.

it's good to see that you are "sharing" your gear and letting people try 'em out.  i heard that in perfect pitch or rj eh kikilatasin ka muna ng saleschick from head to toe bago ipasubok sa yo ang iba nilang gitara.  btw, magdadala ka ulit ng liempo?

but again i caution you on your statement "...will save them a lot of anguish later on when selecting a guitar".  a lot of people don't have deep pockets to spend a ton of money on a really good guitar.  the reason some people have what they have is not because they don't like the so-called "high-end" gear or don't think that those guitars are better, or can't tell the difference.  it's really a function of what they can spend.  that's why people think na nang-lalait ka.  your posts sound like ang engot ng mga tao for not going for high-end gear.

i'd actually go drop by arie's shop if i were there to check out your amps (and see if he can build me a guitar!).  walang shop in dallas that sells diezels.  i've seen bogners, riveras, jacksons, and others but not diezels.  although since 80% bingi ako in one ear, i probably won't be able to tell the difference anyway...  :lol:

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 01:46:57 AM »
Hello mga sirs! PEACE naman tayo jan pati please be OPEN MINDED.. maganda naman yung proposal ni sir OASGOMEZ ha? yung may mga angal dyan bat di nyo itry yung gamit nya? then you can give your comment.. open invite naman mga sirs eh? binababa na nga nung tao yung sarili nya tapos ginaganyan nyo pa, or do you your criticisms in a nice way, kasi yung iba jan parang labas naiingit na lang or gusto lang talaga mangasar.. as i said, bat di nyo try dba?
It's not what you play, It's not how you play, It's who you are. - Aya Yuson

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: ....
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 01:54:53 AM »
Quote from: katzenjammer
Hello mga sirs! PEACE naman tayo jan pati please be OPEN MINDED.. maganda naman yung proposal ni sir OASGOMEZ ha? yung may mga angal dyan bat di nyo itry yung gamit nya? then you can give your comment.. open invite naman mga sirs eh? binababa na nga nung tao yung sarili nya tapos ginaganyan nyo pa, or do you your criticisms in a nice way, kasi yung iba jan parang labas naiingit na lang or gusto lang talaga mangasar.. as i said, bat di nyo try dba?

Do you think Mr. Ag3nt would even bother to step to Arie's place and test he Herbert after all the libelous sh1t talk he uttered?  I have tons of respect for Arie because of all the people who worked on my guitars, cheap or (quite) pricey, he always got the job done without stealing any of the parts as opposed to what Ag3nt said.  Manapa, yung ibang cheap luthier ninakawan ako ng piyesa.  Pa-torni-tornilyo lang pero order ko pa sa StewMac for "historically-accurate" cosmetic purposes para nakawin at ilagay sa ibang gitara.  

At isa pa, bakit niya nanakawan ng piyesa ang beginners?  Beginners' guitars don't hold that much value (assuming they would bring beginners' axes) to be of interest.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 01:59:06 AM »
Quote from: skunkyfunk
Quote from: Ag3nt
talaga? o baka you're doing arie a favor para maraming beginners ang magpagawa sa kanya at manakawan ng pyesa?

AY PU%%%%INA.    :evil: :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil: Now you're bordering on slander this time.  I've known Arie for a while and he's been honest enough with all my works.  You're a real scumbag.   Dumbass who knows nothing but to annoy.  You make oasgomez look like a saint.

+1

yan na naman... wala na ngang ginagawang masama si oas, nadamay pa si Arie. those remarks were completely unethical and unnecessary, pare.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 02:03:11 AM »
Ok, wag nalang patulan para mawala nalang.

Kung andyan ako sa pinas game ako sa invite. :lol:

Offline namida

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 02:07:58 AM »
This is positive albiet ill-recieved by others. Interesting, if nothing comes up for me for monday I'd like to see this through somehow.
"Ano man ang iyong ginagawa sa iyong kapatid, ay siya ring ginagawa mo sa akin" --Yano

Home Recordings ->> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=480230  My Band ->>

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 02:17:34 AM »
to sir skunkyfunk: me too.. i had a big respect to sir arie, he had set up my guitar and i was very happy with the work. well, pananaw ni sir agent yan eh? sna itry nya na lang yung mga gamit then he can give his comment diba? willing at open naman tong si sir oasgomez eh? actually im not on his side nor being bias im just being fair.. yung IBA kasi dito yun nga mukang ngaasar na lang o naiingit..

TO sir ag3nt: sir if you had time, bat di mo itry yung gamit ni sir gomes? para sakin di naman cya nagyayabang open lang siya at proud sa gamit nya being proud di naman pagmamayabang..natutuwa nga ko kasi he offers his ideas pati ngaun may mga alam na kong ganung kamamahal na amps di tulad ng dati alam ko lang mga amps na kilala like marshalls. vox, line6, peavey, RAGE?  :twisted: kaya sir sana wag naman tayo masyadong hot kay sir gomes pati nakakasira ng reputasyon yung ginagawa nyo kay sir arie. peace mga sirs! jam na lang para all happy!
It's not what you play, It's not how you play, It's who you are. - Aya Yuson

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 06:13:21 AM »
PRSman,

I heard a PRS SE recently na OK rin ang tunog na may P90s.  Arie really fell in love with it specially the P90s.

Actually, ang paparinig namin are our guitars that we got second hand na cheap that will beat the high end stuff.  Ang gitara kasi, to be safe, you have to hear it talaga before you buy it. Kaya wala kaming bias sa gitara when it comes to price.  

Stratman,

I had to mention Arie because I had to hold the session at his place because maraming gitara doon to compare.  Plus, it is actually a great opportunity for the kids to learn something from Arie because he has great ears.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 06:33:51 AM »
Ag3nt,

Hindi magnanakaw si Arie.  Saan ang pweba mo? Kuwentuhan kita ng mga customers na akala nila alam nila lahat pero runung runungan lang.  May nagpagawa ng Bass Guitar na gawa sa Japan.  Ang claim ng may-ari pagkagawa ay ni Arie ay nag-iba ng tunog at inakusahan niya sa Arie na nagpalit ng pickup. Pero paano mapapalitan ni arie dahil walang mapapalit bobbin/pickup cover dahil unique ang spacing ng Japanese Bass Guitar na iyon?  Sabi nga ni Arie ganoon kalaki ba ang value ng Japanese pickup sa 2nd hand market na pagaaksayan ko pan ng oras para magrewind?  As you may not know, Japanese pickups sell almost for nothing here.

Ano nga talaga ang equipment mo?  Ilabas mo na. Tingnan natin ang claim to fame mo.  What makes you an expert worth listening to?  Yes, you are entitled to your opinion but I believe the whole forum has the right to label your opinions worthless.   Hindi ko sinasanto ang equipment ko.  Kung magasgas man walang problema dahil talagang ganoon kung ginagamit.  

Akala mo ang galing mo pero wala ka naman maibatbat.  

Ag3nt, ang tawag sa iyo pikon.  Wala kang masabi kaya kung ano ano na lang ang paratang mo.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 10:09:33 AM »
oas,

Hindi pikon si Ag3nt, ikaw ang malapit nang ma-pikon :D .

Let me explain before that comes out wrong...

He's one of a class of characters here on philmusic whom you cannot trace, hindi magpapakilala and will forever remain anonymous. Kumbaga, mga "buraot" lang and that's all they do, piss you off pag ikaw na ang target nila. Pag napikon ka, heck, sumagot man lang sa hirit nila, OLAT ka na :D. Sayang na oras mo, sayang pa asar mo.

At least ako, si markflo, si Phil, si Al Librero, makikilala mo in person if the circumstances allow. Pero si Ag3nt...hinde.

Madaming ganyan dito, specially last year. Eh kayo...twing magpapaburaot kayo, imagine nyo na lang tatawa-tawa sya sa harap ng monitor nya.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 10:24:32 AM »
Actually, ang paparinig namin are our guitars that we got second hand na cheap that will beat the high end stuff.  Ang gitara kasi, to be safe, you have to hear it talaga before you buy it. Kaya wala kaming bias sa gitara when it comes to price.

Definitely.  While high priced guitars usually sound super (sobra naman kung $10K yung gitara tapos tunog lata), that doesn't mean that low priced guitars sound bad.  I'm starting to like your posts man...  :lol:

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 10:29:53 AM »
Quote from: BAMF
oas,

He's one of a class of characters here on philmusic whom you cannot trace, hindi magpapakilala and will forever remain anonymous. Kumbaga, mga "buraot" lang and that's all they do, piss you off pag ikaw na ang target nila. Pag napikon ka, heck, sumagot man lang sa hirit nila, OLAT ka na :D. Sayang na oras mo, sayang pa asar mo.

At least ako, si markflo, si Phil, si Al Librero, makikilala mo in person if the circumstances allow. Pero si Ag3nt...hinde.

Madaming ganyan dito, specially last year. Eh kayo...twing magpapaburaot kayo, imagine nyo na lang tatawa-tawa sya sa harap ng monitor nya.

ahahaha! +1! naaalala ko nung kami ni pallas yung binuburaot ni Ag3nt. whahehehe. may flavor ang posts :)

anyway, mali pa rin na sabihan si sir arie ng ganun.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 12:06:47 PM »
Quote from: BAMF
oas,

In other words, duwag si Ag3nt.  I've never respected anyone who trolls under anonymity.  I understand that some choose not to be traceable for security purposes.  But what Al Librero says is right, we belong to a small community where the chances of meeting each other in person is largely probable.  Hence, the demand for respect in this forum is imperative, unlike in the international forums.  In real life, you don't wanna be dealing with an a$$hole in this forum, do you?

At the moment, Ag3nt is probably laughing at the commotion he generated.  Well good for you.  But we can always ask the Philmusic servers what IP addresses were logged during his visits to the forum.  Trace those IP to the ISPs at the particular time and the computers/dialup numbers and you'll have an idea who he really is in person.  Internet sting operations work this way. So don't think Ag3nt can get away with his sh1t all the time.  Maybe that's killing an ant with a sledge hammer.  But overkill is ok when someone else's reputation is at stake.  

Ag3nt = dumbass

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 01:54:53 PM »
Quote from: PRSMan

Definitely.  While high priced guitars usually sound super (sobra naman kung $10K yung gitara tapos tunog lata), that doesn't mean that low priced guitars sound bad.  I'm starting to like your posts man...  :lol:

+1 on this one...when it comes to guitars talaga, mahirap ma-assure na maganda tunog pag mahal...you really have to try it out first...

un ung masarap e...unknown, discontinuted cheap guitar that sounds heavenly. 8)
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 03:26:49 PM »
BAMF,

Thanks for the heads up.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2006, 03:29:09 PM »
i agree with trying guitars out and not putting a premium on price. that is how it should be, anyway. there are a lot of good deals out there that would be perfect for that musician that loves to play guitars versus just using them as display ornaments.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 07:38:36 PM »
Mr. Gomez, as much as i would want to drop by this monday, me have to go work. Im sure your diezel and your cable sounds better than my whole setup up but im sure im not gonna be happy with 'em coz i cant imagine spending that much on gears. So far, im very much contented with my G2 and im making the most out of it. But im just a curious cat and i wanna hear for myself what i good tone really is, and also i wanna learn from you since im sure you know a lot about amps. Im pretty sure your knowledge of amps can help my with my future purchase.

So if you're having another open house please do lemme know ahead of time so i can fix sched.

Thanks sir.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2006, 07:59:55 PM »
Ok. Next time then.  Pero May 1, may pasok ka talaga?

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2006, 08:04:16 PM »
Yes sir. Call center eh. Sayang tlga... Im really curious how my guitar will sound like plugged into a good amp. But im not into high gain though, im more into cleans.

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2006, 08:33:46 PM »
Quote from: Machine_Head
Yes sir. Call center eh.

OT: 'sang call center ka dude? Ako din may pasok up to 5pm pero drop by siguro ako dun to get my guitar. Hopefully, andun pa gears ni OasGomez para ma try ko naman tunog ng guitar ko sa high end amps.  :wink:
Psalms 33:3 - Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET

Offline Kulas

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 04:26:16 AM »
i'm going, have to bring a guitar for restoration kay arie eh, hehe. hope to see you guys there!

Offline Kulas

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 08:13:58 PM »
so, what can i say... hehe