hulika

Author Topic: mic or di for bass amp?  (Read 1193 times)

Offline acdsee

mic or di for bass amp?
« on: September 30, 2009, 12:55:26 PM »
mga bro, ano suggestion maganda set-up sa live with regards to bass amp para lumabas sa house?, to use DI box or mic? ano maganda brand ng di box , passive ba o active? kung mic naman, ano maganda mic for bass amp?  tnx

Offline sl1200ltd

Re: mic or di for bass amp?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 04:39:09 PM »
For me depende sa laki ng stage if performers are close to each other DI, kung magkakalayo mic in (Sennheiser e602 or e902 series) pero usually combination of both DI plus mic in.  :-)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 04:57:29 PM by sl1200ltd »

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 01:31:28 AM »
IMO:
1. If you have a very nice amp ( or if you are after the sound of the amp, regardless of what your bass guitar is ), use microphone.
2. Kung pangit ang amp mo, pero maganda ang bass guitar mo,  use DI...

Connect the DI this way: Bass guitar>>>DI out1---->to your amp
                                                           out2---->to mixer

and not this way: Bass guitar>>>amp>>>DI>>>Mixer
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua

Offline rakrakan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 11:27:31 AM »
pag LIVE, DI is better. Whirlwind and ART DI's are fine.

:mrgreen:

Offline nolit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 07:05:28 AM »
Usually pag bass sa live, DI. There are some points to consider kung bakit DI and choice. First raggedness. Kung madami tumutugtug papalit palit ng bands or kung pwesto ito like a bar, hasle talaga pag naka mic coz lagi ito magagalaw at usually di marunong magtimpla ng amp ung iba so mahirap habulin sa house. But if your set up on stage is good... meaning medjo isolated isa isa kada instruments then you can actually do mic in.

Offline densmodina

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 10:12:58 AM »
I agree with sir Allen. Whirlwind Director D.I. is a good D.I.

Offline mbenipayo

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 07:25:31 AM »
Primarily use a D.I. to get a feed but if you have a spare input and mic...try to put a mic as well, a large diaphragm model if possible. experiment and discover what other sound you can get.  its not an absolute rule. 

If you are using a higher model Bass Amp, it would most likely have a D.I. OUT (built-in D.I.) and may also have a switch that says POST/ PRE, go with PRE so that what you get is the raw signal.......if you switch to POST, you would get the signal that has passed thru the on board EQ of the Bass Amp. 

Digidesign VENUE Profile System/ Digi Venue Mix Rack Console/ McDSP LIVE Pack/ MAC Pro with Pro Tools HD64/ Pro Tools 8/ ATH-M50/ Radial J48