hulika

Author Topic: the PUNK GUITAR thread (SUB-GENREs,ROOTS,HISTORY,GREARs,GUITARs & Experiences)  (Read 76661 times)

Offline yearling

Oh I see...well I consider Social D as cow-punk...whatever...It still end up as one...Punk Rock...hehehehe... :-D :-D :-D
 by the way here's Ness gold top...

Good ol' Mike Ness and Social D! Favorite ko yung Faithless at Winners And Losers out of the Sex, Love and Rock N' Roll record , at ang walang kamatayang Ball And Chain dun sa self titled record nila.

They didnt invent Cow Punk and yes their cover of Ring of Fire is one of the best Cash song cover out there. Like Cow Punk? Check out Mikes Ness' solo effort youll find a honky tonk version of Ball and Chain.

Listening to Social D makes you GAS for a LP gold top with P-90s or an LP junior!

New record out I think early or mid next year.
For my reference: jaded214,bryanskee, bh, peterpunks, ryanditmital, cokeandjahsmoke, lindtaylor, BrianLP, Moncseb, yeyeh, gunslinger13, wannabeguitarist, MarkV, Kurtseth, turiguiliano, Johnny_jackhammer, Ramnem, Upfront, edgarthewalrus, Lost_Keith

Offline yearling

Mike Ness also uses SG juniors in his early days...

For my reference: jaded214,bryanskee, bh, peterpunks, ryanditmital, cokeandjahsmoke, lindtaylor, BrianLP, Moncseb, yeyeh, gunslinger13, wannabeguitarist, MarkV, Kurtseth, turiguiliano, Johnny_jackhammer, Ramnem, Upfront, edgarthewalrus, Lost_Keith

Offline deewantoy_11

• Forum Fanatic
Anlaki ng itinaba nya ngayon!

Ganda ng message ng mga songs nila :-)

Offline yearling

Uu nga...ehehehe... :-D

Offline jed4sale

• Philmusicus Noobitus
mga sir, pwede po ba magtanong?

sori kung mag-deviate ako sa pinaguusapan niyo.

pop-punk / powerpop tugtugan namin tas vocals at gitara ako, naninipisan kasi ko sa tunog ko live (sa gitara)

ang gamit ko lang na effects e boston na distort yung parang boss na DS-1 pero pang mahirap, pano ko ba gagawing makapal yung tunog at di ma-hiss? kasi may kaibigan akong ginagamitan niya ng bass equalizer para mas kumapal tunog at matimpla nya, ewan. wala akong idea kung ano gawin. or kailangan ko ba ng something na idagdag jan?

ano po bang affordable at kailangan idagdag or kailangan ko lang ba ayusin ung timpla ng effects?

ganto po tugtugan namin www.myspace.com/quickletsgo

salamat. :D

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
mga sir, pwede po ba magtanong?

sori kung mag-deviate ako sa pinaguusapan niyo.

pop-punk / powerpop tugtugan namin tas vocals at gitara ako, naninipisan kasi ko sa tunog ko live (sa gitara)

ang gamit ko lang na effects e boston na distort yung parang boss na DS-1 pero pang mahirap, pano ko ba gagawing makapal yung tunog at di ma-hiss? kasi may kaibigan akong ginagamitan niya ng bass equalizer para mas kumapal tunog at matimpla nya, ewan. wala akong idea kung ano gawin. or kailangan ko ba ng something na idagdag jan?

ano po bang affordable at kailangan idagdag or kailangan ko lang ba ayusin ung timpla ng effects?

ganto po tugtugan namin www.myspace.com/quickletsgo

salamat. :D

wag ka na mag pedals.bumili ka malakas na amp.yung ingay kasama yun sa tunog.
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
Any love for The Misfits out here?

Their distinctive horror-film look was one of the reasons they stood out back in the day.  Then there's guitarist Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein.

Check out his distinctive custom guitar too:

Offline deathbyexposure

• Veteran Member
Any love for The Misfits out here?

Their distinctive horror-film look was one of the reasons they stood out back in the day.  Then there's guitarist Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein.

Check out his distinctive custom guitar too:

Misfits fan here! :) hahahaha!
How can you tell a person whether the band he or she listens to is RIGHT or WRONG?

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: the PUNK GUITAR thread (SUB-GENREs,ROOTS,HISTORY,GREARs,GUITARs & Experience
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2009, 02:16:33 PM »
Attitude!!!  It must've been awesome to see Glenn Danzig with the band back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucA5x4ZooYY
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 02:17:42 PM by Deadwing »

Offline jerc_mirza

Fvorite songs ko sa Social D is Reach for the sky,Dont drag me down...
Astig si Mike Ness!

Offline loathing

• Philmusicus Noobitus
nice thread..
can't help it haha.. ahh yeah 'fits!

happy halloween :)

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
man i love the misfits.

I GOT SOMETHING TO SAY

I KILLED YOUR BABY TODAY AND IT

DOESN'T MATTER MUCH TO ME

AS LONG AS IT'S DEAD

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
man i love the misfits.

I GOT SOMETHING TO SAY

AS LONG AS IT'S DEAD

olrayt!di nawawala sa soundcheck namin yan.
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline deathbyexposure

• Veteran Member
man i love the misfits.

I GOT SOMETHING TO SAY

AS LONG AS IT'S DEAD

SWEET LOVELY DEATTTHHHHHHH

I AM WAITING FOR YOUR BREATTTHHHHHHHHHHH

COME SWEET DEATH ONE LAST CARESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

(sorry got carried away... lol)
How can you tell a person whether the band he or she listens to is RIGHT or WRONG?

Offline Daemon Transmission

Medyo naga GAS ako dyan sa October custom ni doyle pero sa bagong Misfits na yan mga post 96', sa original and the "real" Misfits parang mga Ibanez Iceman ang karamihang gamit nya doon.

All time favorite ko ang The Misfits (danzig era) Walk Among Us ang all time favorite record ko ever.
“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline deathbyexposure

• Veteran Member
Medyo naga GAS ako dyan sa October custom ni doyle pero sa bagong Misfits na yan mga post 96', sa original and the "real" Misfits parang mga Ibanez Iceman ang karamihang gamit nya doon.

All time favorite ko ang The Misfits (danzig era) Walk Among Us ang all time favorite record ko ever.

agree bro... Glenn Danzig is Misfits and Misfits is Glenn Danzig... IMO.. :)

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
You guys should also check out Ted Leo And The Pharmacists.  They're one of my favorite left-wing political punk groups.  They're so inspired by The Clash in a sense that they try much as possible to change dynamics and mood for every song they do.  They're also one of the best live bands I've ever seen.

Examples:

Bomb Repeat Bomb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl4myGZAXY4

Shake The Sheets (this song was my first exposure to the band...which led me to pick up the Shake The Sheets album...which helped me get through 8 years of the crappy Bush administration along with Sleater-Kinney's album One Beat)
http://www.esnips.com/doc/0f03053f-11d1-4065-8776-d9fdfced7f5b
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 05:05:07 PM by Deadwing »

Offline deathbyexposure

• Veteran Member
You guys should also check out Ted Leo And The Pharmacists.  They're one of my favorite left-wing political punk groups.  They're so inspired by The Clash in a sense that they try much as possible to change dynamics and mood for every song they do.  They're also one of the best live bands I've ever seen.

Examples:

Bomb Repeat Bomb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl4myGZAXY4

Shake The Sheets (this song was my first exposure to the band...which led me to pick up the Shake The Sheets album...which helped me get through 8 years of the crappy Bush administration along with Sleater-Kinney's album One Beat)
http://www.esnips.com/doc/0f03053f-11d1-4065-8776-d9fdfced7f5b

NOTED!! thanks for the links bro! will do check it out.. :)

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: the PUNK GUITAR thread (SUB-GENREs,ROOTS,HISTORY,GREARs,GUITARs & Experience
« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2009, 02:18:54 PM »
NOTED!! thanks for the links bro! will do check it out.. :)

No prob, man.  The band is ready to release a new album in 2010.  Sabi ni Ted sa mga interview, 80's hardcore daw ang influence niya this time around.

To tie this to the topic, I'll have to admit that I really like Ted's silver finish Fender amps played at the band's live performances.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:20:50 PM by Deadwing »

Offline deathbyexposure

• Veteran Member
« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2009, 02:25:19 PM »
No prob, man.  The band is ready to release a new album in 2010.  Sabi ni Ted sa mga interview, 80's hardcore daw ang influence niya this time around.

To tie this to the topic, I'll have to admit that I really like Ted's silver finish Fender amps played at the band's live performances.

cool!!!

i think im digging Ted Leo and The Pharmacists!!! gotta get some albums!!! thanks bro! :)

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2009, 03:05:40 PM »
If you like something even more left leaning than TL&TP, you'd want to check out Against Me!

These guys from Florida are Crass devotees that earlier in their career were signed to Fat Wreck Chords and railed against consumerism and the US right-wing agenda.  They started getting mainstream attention with the Butch Vig-produced album New Wave.  This record was also my first taste of what the band was like.  I really like their Billy Bragg-influenced folk/punk hybrid.  I've been to a couple of their shows and they are really damn fantastic performers.  It's also great to hear the audience know the songs and sing along to their choruses.  Let's just say that it's like going to church service.  I think this band is also busy getting a record out for 2010.

Here are some tunes for the curious:

Cliche Guevarra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RE4E0KLXrY

Up The Cuts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCzK6j2I2v4

BTW, I also like the sounds that come out of their Orange/Hiwatt stacks.

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
to all you Punk Heads out there...

MERRY CHRISTMAS and a PUNKISH NEW YEAR!!!

Offline jiu-jitsu brasileiro

• Forum Fanatic

support ko ang thread na to. i grew up listening to punk, hardcore and oi! my uncle dr. roel inovero was the bassist for PRIVATE STOCK and i played session guitars for them when they reunited way back in 95-96.

kung matuloy ang EB and may jamming, count me in for descendents, circle jerks, wasted youth, private stock, dead ends, dead kennedys songs. :-D
nemo me impune lacesit

Offline yearling

MERRY CHRISTMAS PUNKERS.... :-D

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
jiu-jitsu brasileiro: bro! musta? nagpaghahalata eded natin men, hehehe, Juancho was at the office, hehehehe.. wala ka na sa industry? btw guys, hardcore yan si brasileiro!