hulika

Author Topic: the PUNK GUITAR thread (SUB-GENREs,ROOTS,HISTORY,GREARs,GUITARs & Experiences)  (Read 76685 times)

Offline Dahji2

Guys ang P.O.T. ba Punk Rock din?. lately nahihilig ako sa POT songs eh..  :mrgreen:

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
my punk gear.

pop-punk
CLICK TO see baกิิิิิิat boys FB page!!!also check out my other band Skylines Forget

Offline hiskoolstudes

• Philmusicus Addictus
Guys ang P.O.T. ba Punk Rock din?. lately nahihilig ako sa POT songs eh..  :mrgreen:

more of FUNK that Punk.
LF:
Ibanez Musician Bass

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
panks nat ded  :lol:

:cool:
doh!!!

Offline newri

Twisted Red Cross!
past transaction:geruthie27,juan_alderete,garethvpureenergy,RAPFM,Upfront,tweenty-seven,chubibu,jingo,Eksena,gunlak,gyrome,mak777,poch belmonte,cayle,r_chino,joceracz,fishsago,caloyburger,alexis.l,jgmredor

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
RIP

Offline benjie68

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: the PUNK GUITAR thread (POP, OLD SCHOOL OI, HARDCORE etc. basta Punk!)
« Reply #256 on: August 16, 2012, 06:22:56 PM »
You don't have to be that old to appreciate Wuds, Dead Ends, Betrayed, Biosparks, Urban  Bandits, George Imbecile and the Idiots, I.o.V and more. We once interviewed Chikoy Pura of the Jerks and he told thrilling stories of how it was back in the old days. The culture, language, profanity, and all of the gritty things I could think of happened then and there. It was so kick ass.

and yeah, punks not dead, man. It's still very much alive. Kicking and screaming.  :evil:

NICE!! namiss ko yang mga tapes na yan ah ,lalo yung nasa ibabaw he he he G.I. + idiots pa din!!!!

Offline Speedstick

Michael 'OLGA' Algar of Toy Dolls, the best punk rock guitarist for me...   :cool:
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. - 1 Corinthians 2:2

Offline ryantetek

• Veteran Member
here's my guitar cover of Minor Threat by Minor Threat from the Minor Threat album  :-D

Guitar -> Big Muff -> Laney CUB12R

Offline Speedstick

here's my guitar cover of Minor Threat by Minor Threat from the Minor Threat album  :-D

Guitar -> Big Muff -> Laney CUB12R

nice! Lyle Preslar  :)
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. - 1 Corinthians 2:2

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
Check out my band, Banat Boys!!

http://www.facebook.com/banatboys

We just released an album a few weeks ago.. and it's all for free!!

download it here!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?msvj2h28btvlbhx

or you can listen to our songs on our youtube page
http://www.youtube.com/banatboys

:-P
CLICK TO see baกิิิิิิat boys FB page!!!also check out my other band Skylines Forget

Offline ryantetek

• Veteran Member
Check out my band, Banat Boys!!

http://www.facebook.com/banatboys

We just released an album a few weeks ago.. and it's all for free!!

download it here!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?msvj2h28btvlbhx

or you can listen to our songs on our youtube page
http://www.youtube.com/banatboys

:-P

nice! meron bang physical album na for sale?(CD)

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
nice! meron bang physical album na for sale?(CD)

we're giving it out for free sa gigs! pero burnt cd lang yun w/ the songs.  :-P

ginagawa pa namin yung may album art / proper album itsura..  :)

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus

Funk Rock bro...  :)

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Twisted Red Cross!

i believe one of their member is now a prominent band manager... spoke to him a few months back ;)

Offline Speedstick

i believe one of their member is now a prominent band manager... spoke to him a few months back ;)

Twisted Red Cross was a record label...  :)

Offline jiu-jitsu brasileiro

• Forum Fanatic

That's Tommy Tanchangco. he was the guitarist for the band Third World Chaos and the founder of Twisted  Red Cross record label. He manages artists like Kitchie Nadal and Barbie Almabis (?).
nemo me impune lacesit

Offline newri

i remember back in the 90's LA 105.9
i used to hear all those punk bands
that twisted red cross..yeah!
those were the best days in music scene sa pinas
not like today,it will never be the same again

proud to be punk for my roots.
i salute this thread.. :)
past transaction:geruthie27,juan_alderete,garethvpureenergy,RAPFM,Upfront,tweenty-seven,chubibu,jingo,Eksena,gunlak,gyrome,mak777,poch belmonte,cayle,r_chino,joceracz,fishsago,caloyburger,alexis.l,jgmredor

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Twisted Red Cross was a record label...  :)

That's Tommy Tanchangco. he was the guitarist for the band Third World Chaos and the founder of Twisted  Red Cross record label. He manages artists like Kitchie Nadal and Barbie Almabis (?).

cleared... thank you guys!   i did some repair & tech jobs for his son's pedalboard for free sometime late last year.. a very generous guy indeed but for me it's more of a pleasure helping out people who we looked-up when we were just a little kid starting building our passion in music.. eventhough i chose not to get the pay, i hope it didn't  made wrong impressions... sir tommy was one of those pioneer in punk rock genre here in the philippines... it was a total struck for me  :)

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
of course there were ocean zoo, ethnic faces, violent playground, & betrayed back then...  :)

Offline ryantetek

• Veteran Member
Another guitar cover. Wart Hog by The Ramones.

Straight to amp lang ito, I just cranked the gain at about 75% of Laney Cub12r.

Offline mjpartinez

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: the PUNK GUITAR thread (SUB-GENREs,ROOTS,HISTORY,GREARs,GUITARs & Experiences)
« Reply #271 on: September 07, 2012, 02:22:30 PM »
love punk my old band started with punk---- setup ko was a 60's hofner guitar middle pickup parati - zoom606- more hi's no lo's sa amp--- sadyang anti tone setup hahahha

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
punks!wasaaaaaaaapppppppppppppppppp????????????? :)
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
Baha buhayin ko ang grindcore project ko pag uwi ko ng bahay mamaya. Lol
Offset guitars for life.

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
Baha buhayin ko ang grindcore project ko pag uwi ko ng bahay mamaya. Lol

mukhang mag ga grindcore ako mamaya sa cr.lol.
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.