hulika

Author Topic: SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR  (Read 3585 times)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« on: May 07, 2006, 04:02:13 PM »
Well.....that was probably the most surreal experience in my life.....

Eric Johnson opened the concert....plagued with pedal problems...his fuzz box was acting up....he even strummed a chord or played a riff to show how screwed up that pedal was....he's cleans were amazing....he was using his tobacco burst strat with rosewood and the end a red strat with maple fretboard....you can hear him while his switching pickups while playing. In his first two songs...he was still warming up....he's sound wasn't perfect.....you can tell he is annoyed....he plays with a mixer right beside him....wow.
He was using 2 Fender combos miced side by side and a Marshall full stack.....the only songs I recognized were SRV, Cliffs of Dover, Manhattan.....and yes....you can hear the "sabit" and dami.

Here are pics....

Eric played for one solid hour....from 8PM to 9PM....then break time....30mins.....you can see all the roadies running around setting up.

the lights blacked out then blue lazer lights were all around ...going to the audience....really bright ...then that familiar sound.........the intro of "Flying in The Blue Dream"   FFFFFEEEEEEEECCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!

Joe was all in black...black t-shirt...blanck jeans...and white sneakers.....really cool guy......if you see Joe in DVDs...then you saw him live....thats JOE.....he sounds like what you hear in CDs and in DVDs.....what a performer.....HE EFFFFFIIIINNNN BLEW ME AWAY!!!!!

He played for 2 solid hours.........He played ...Mystical Potatoe Head, Satch Boogie, Crushing Day, Extremist, 90% of the Super Collosal CD.....and my favorite a new version of Always with Me and always with you......lumabas ang pagkasyoki ko.....hhhhaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!...I was shouting and getting crazy...

Joe got plagued by a defective pedal too......while playing Super Collosal...at the last part the EHPOG just died on him...so he had to do barred octaves and he's rhythm guitar player did a lower double octave too. He had to apologize to the audience and explain what happened...yeah as if those fu cking drunks in the pits care....NOT!!! It was noticeable though.

BTW....chrome, black, red, white, and the super collosal guitar were used.
He had one JS amp on top of  3 Peavey 4x12 cabs(see pic)...he's tone was awesome...the drummer, the bassist...even the rhythm guitar.....WOW....super skilled musicians!!!!!!!...

CAN"T WAIT FOR THE NEXT TOUR!!!!!! JOE is ONE of the BEST!!!!!!

here are pics.....pinch me now...I think I'm dreaming....NOT!!!!!!

you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline blue_raven

• Forum Fanatic
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 04:11:11 PM »
wow.  :shock:  kakaingit naman..

bad trip, la pa nung bago nyang album dito sa pinas..

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 04:36:46 PM »
Joe had a rhythm guitar player? Hhmm... kala ko soloflight lang sya sa gitara sa banda nya?

Those were good, clear shots. Pano mo na alpas ang digi cam mo? Maliit ba?

Expensive pedals still giving them problem... hhmm... why don't they try bad monkey, hehe :lol:

Well, I'm happy that you get to see your 2 fave guitarist. Now you have to wait for Vai to show up here in SoCal.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 04:40:34 PM »
Quote from: Phil

...HE EFFFFFIIIINNNN BLEW ME AWAY!!!!!

To some sick, perverted people (yours truely, hehe) this sentence is really loaded with meaning, haha :twisted:  :lol:  Joke lang, Phil :lol:

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 04:42:26 PM »
Quote from: stratman1
Joe had a rhythm guitar player? Hhmm... kala ko soloflight lang sya sa gitara sa banda nya?

Expensive pedals still giving them problem... hhmm... why don't they try bad monkey, hehe :lol:

Well, I'm happy that you get to see your 2 fave guitarist. Now you have to wait for Vai to show up here in SoCal.

yeah...if you watch he's DVDs he has that same rhythm guitarist...the drummer is still the same guy...the bassist is new....he's from Steve Morse's band.

My wife stashed it in her bag....when they opened the bag they saw makeup stuff......my wife is really good with that ....hehehehe

yeah....Joe...I'm not really into EJ ...but I respect him and like some of his songs.......Joe inspired me to do more songs.....

...yeah next...si Vai or si Vinnie Moore.

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 06:14:18 PM »
WOw! Saya ng buhay nyo ser phil! :D
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline fingertapper1

• Forum Fanatic
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 10:24:52 PM »

matagal na un diba? ung naka ibanez rg na green. tapos siya rin ung keyboardist niya. sa satriani live in san francisco yun na gitarista niya e. ewan ko lang ngayon.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 11:19:15 PM »
Kakainggit naman. Eh di parang orgasmic yung experience mo, bro.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 11:23:38 PM »
badtrip kakainggit ka Phil! two of my favorites din sina Satch at EJ e.. sana pumunta sila dito sa Pinas :(
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 12:33:16 AM »
Mark,
....hehehehe...well it's also good to treat yourself.....makes you wanna work hard.

fingertapper1,
Not the same guy.....this guy started in that DVD G3 with Eric J

Joe was doing keyboards when they played " When Robot's Dream".....awesome song

Bart,

OH YEAH!!!! I wa actually jumping, screaming, getting wild the whole time.

VenusIsle_5150,

Satch was phenomenal...

EJ was really good..I think he just had a bad night.....he is only human. :wink:

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 03:14:27 AM »
Napansin ko sa mga videos ni satch pag live eh talagang flawless yung execution nya nung mga songs. :D  Very minimal ang sabit. He plays it like what he did on the studio at madalas napapaganda pa nya. :D

Yan ang gusto ko kay Satch - BRILLIANCE. :D
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline fingertapper1

• Forum Fanatic
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 03:25:38 AM »
Quote from: markthevirtuoso
Napansin ko sa mga videos ni satch pag live eh talagang flawless yung execution nya nung mga songs. :D  Very minimal ang sabit. He plays it like what he did on the studio at madalas napapaganda pa nya. :D

sir speaking of sabit. ano ba ung mga sabit niya na sinasabi niyo? i think masyado akong noob para manotice eh.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 05:29:19 AM »
Quote from: fingertapper1

sir speaking of sabit. ano ba ung mga sabit niya na sinasabi niyo? i think masyado akong noob para manotice eh.
hindi mo masyadong marinig...Joe usually plays his songs differently all the time.....EJ is very noticeable though...kasi clean ang tone nya ...also when he plays with his overdriven tone....like he misses a note....or a harmonic....or namute ang ibang notes......you know stuff like that.....he's just human after all. :wink:

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 08:46:42 AM »
Quote from: fingertapper1

hindi mo masyadong marinig...Joe usually plays his songs differently all the time.....EJ is very noticeable though...kasi clean ang tone nya ...also when he plays with his overdriven tone....like he misses a note....or a harmonic....or namute ang ibang notes......you know stuff like that.....he's just human after all. :wink:

yup, Tube Driver pa naman gamit nyang lead OD.. very transparent yung sound ng tube-based OD pedals e, kung sasabit ka, maririnig talaga. di matatago :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 12:13:30 PM »
hhhhhhhhhhmmmmm....just checked out Vai's website.

"Vai doing Zappa music" June 23 Friday......same theatre....very intimate.

SOCAL boys? you wanna watch it with me?

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 12:50:30 PM »
can't believe you forgot that legendary bassist from dixie dregs... DAVE LARUE!
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 12:55:03 PM »
Quote from: fretburner
can't believe you forgot that legendary bassist from dixie dregs... DAVE LARUE!
yeah...thats him...the bassist...not a fan of Steve Morse / Dixie Dregs....thats why I don't recognize him.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 01:10:53 PM »

beri intimeyt ba? hhmm... as long as i can sit on his lap, hehe :twisted:  :lol:

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 01:21:53 PM »
OT lang..

lupet pala mag piano si eric johnson..hehe

sir stratman1: sino yung nsa avatar nyo? anak nyo? ang cute a. ehhe :)

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 02:41:35 PM »
yeah...thats him...the bassist...not a fan of Steve Morse / Dixie Dregs....thats why I don't recognize him.

you probably dislike john petrucci too eh?
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 02:42:07 PM »

beri intimeyt ba? hhmm... as long as i can sit on his lap, hehe :twisted:  :lol:

haha kandungan na yan ah... tsktsk  :twisted:

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 03:13:42 PM »
Quote from: CARABAO
OT lang..

lupet pala mag piano si eric johnson..hehe

sir stratman1: sino yung nsa avatar nyo? anak nyo? ang cute a. ehhe :)

Carabao, yes. Isa sa nga anak ko yan. Bunso. Swerte hindi nakuha ang mukha ko, hehe :lol:

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 01:03:17 AM »
Quote from: fretburner

you probably dislike john petrucci too eh?
nope...I respect him...not a fan.

Offline markflo

SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 01:18:21 AM »

i think i'll pass...i'm not really a vai fan. :) gusto ko mapanood si scott henderson! o kaya si EJ ulit! hehe
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline markflo

SUPER COLLOSAL TOUR
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 01:19:57 AM »

mas linear kasi lines ni satch kesa kay EJ...less prone to sabit pag linear...angular, hirap...sabay di naman hi-gain gamit ni EJ... :)
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln