hulika

Author Topic: Artec Pickups  (Read 258823 times)

Offline colorless krayola

Re: Artec Pickups
« Reply #400 on: May 10, 2010, 08:06:34 PM »
^hehe mas malapit yun sa'yo Sir ah...
sa'kin  4mm...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 08:25:23 PM by colorless krayola »
I don't know how to play, I just spread my emotions into the fretboard.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #401 on: May 10, 2010, 08:36:07 PM »
^hehe mas malapit yun sa'yo Sir ah...
sa'kin  4mm...

yeah i see that...

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #402 on: May 10, 2010, 08:55:42 PM »
daks, try to have them bring in their guitars, for me no problems with my sx tele with artec pups(rails and normal artec tele neck pups)

this is how i had it wired

Well... I'm glad it worked out ok for you.  :-D  It would be really awesome if daks would oblige, but I'd rather move on because a) nahihiya ako sa gitara (it's really cheap/junky), b) my bro doesn't seem to mind the things I've observed, he seems quite happy in fact, c) I want to wait a bit more and see if others are experiencing the same thing, d) it's only P550 I didn't mind spending, and a lot more trouble to fuss over about, me having to bring it with the guitar, and daks to have to troubleshoot it further from what I've already assessed, and e) nahihiya ako sa gitara.   :-D
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline kurtseth

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #403 on: May 10, 2010, 10:44:21 PM »
im restoring a broken vintage lp copy (the first one i had and broke dreadfully)

could anyone here send me a pm on how much the artec giovanni vintage pickups are

gvh-1 the gold ones i think

interested in it a lot

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #404 on: May 10, 2010, 10:59:29 PM »
Well... I'm glad it worked out ok for you.  :-D  It would be really awesome if daks would oblige, but I'd rather move on because a) nahihiya ako sa gitara (it's really cheap/junky), b) my bro doesn't seem to mind the things I've observed, he seems quite happy in fact, c) I want to wait a bit more and see if others are experiencing the same thing, d) it's only P550 I didn't mind spending, and a lot more trouble to fuss over about, me having to bring it with the guitar, and daks to have to troubleshoot it further from what I've already assessed, and e) nahihiya ako sa gitara.   :-D

cmon if it has a trussrod its a guitar

im restoring a broken vintage lp copy (the first one i had and broke dreadfully)

could anyone here send me a pm on how much the artec giovanni vintage pickups are

gvh-1 the gold ones i think

interested in it a lot

hopefully to get my set soon(seller has back orders), will post a review soon

Offline kurtseth

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #405 on: May 10, 2010, 11:03:22 PM »
how much for the set sir? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #406 on: May 10, 2010, 11:08:25 PM »
how much for the set sir? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i got a custom quote from guitarfuel, its $49.99

Offline kurtseth

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #407 on: May 10, 2010, 11:33:06 PM »
thanks

so in theory

the price for a set of artec gvh's would be the same as purchasing sd's (secondhand ones)

:)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #408 on: May 10, 2010, 11:42:31 PM »
thanks

so in theory

the price for a set of artec gvh's would be the same as purchasing sd's (secondhand ones)

:)

seymourduncans? for 49.99..a set? if you could find those good for you,

« Reply #409 on: May 11, 2010, 03:55:46 AM »
It's a good pick up..!
I was using it with SH and was good..!

@siore
have you tried changing the hot wire with the black one, Sir..?

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #410 on: May 11, 2010, 04:10:23 AM »
It's a good pick up..!
I was using it with SH and was good..!

@siore
have you tried changing the hot wire with the black one, Sir..?

<snip>  Green is hot.  I don't think phase matters though, I have it wired 1 volume - 3 on/off toggles, and I just toggle each pup on and off individually to compare them. <snip>

Is it hard to believe I got a clunker?  C'mon folks.  I can live with it.  It's not my guitar, and the owner is happy.   :-D
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

« Reply #411 on: May 11, 2010, 04:14:30 AM »
^ I think there's a bit difference when you use it together with the middle pickup, Sir...
siguro kung paisa-isa mo gagamitin yun pick up like sa neck,neck lang..mid,mid lang...
pero kung gagamitin mo sa neck+mid, may konting kaibahan yun tunog Sir...O baka ako lang yun... hehehe

anyways, I tried it on both neck and middle position.
It sounds great!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:09:40 PM by colorless krayola »

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #412 on: May 11, 2010, 04:40:39 AM »
^ I think there's a bit difference when you I use it together with the middle pickup, Sir...
siguro kung paisa-isa mo gagamitin yun pick up like sa neck,neck lang..mid,mid lang...
pero kung gagamitin mo sa neck+mid, may konting kaibahan yun tunog Sir...O baka ako lang yun... hehehe

anyways, I tried it on both neck and middle position.
It sounds great!
:-D
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline kurtseth

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #413 on: May 11, 2010, 06:12:53 AM »
seymourduncans? for 49.99..a set? if you could find those good for you,

sorry i mean a set of the artec gvh's would have the same cost as a secondhand sd pickup (not the set)

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #414 on: May 11, 2010, 09:05:13 AM »

bro, please don't hesitate; i have to learn all the troubleshooting i can for the benefit of all.
Yes, I'm no longer affiliated with TMS

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #415 on: May 18, 2010, 01:54:59 PM »
o nga pala, here's my dear 1985 Yamaha Session II 520 MIJ with a set of Artec HBBA-XBB humbuckers:

both have alnico 5 magnets and adjustable hex-key pole pieces (just like DM's!) I love the warmth and presence!  :lol: I'll just finish some tracks for the vid, so please stay tuned.  :-)

DC resitance:  Bridge= 17k ohms , Neck = 8.8k ohms

the set is just about the same price as an entry level Nokia phone or a pair of original Chuck Taylors  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 01:58:08 PM by dakuykoy »

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #416 on: May 28, 2010, 08:59:25 AM »
I bought mine last night and installed it with coil tapping feature. What I can say is, it's way better than my Dimarzio SC sized humbucker before. It really gives the punch and the output I'm looking for not like the Dimarzio, which has fairly low output and could not balance with the outputs of my other pickups. Lastly, for the price, I'm guilt-free! It really rocks!

In here, white toggle switch is the coil tapping feature. Yellow switch is another story. It's more like what Buckethead and Tom Morello uses. :-D

Thanks Artec!!! :-)

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #417 on: May 28, 2010, 12:59:59 PM »
My own Artec Dual Rails pickup w/ single coil split Demo:

Offline mbsunga

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #418 on: May 28, 2010, 07:25:23 PM »
^nice killswitch :P
got me an artec rails kanina
nakumpleto narin mga pups ko
time to go back to mang max :P

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #419 on: May 29, 2010, 02:57:03 AM »
^nice killswitch :P
got me an artec rails kanina
nakumpleto narin mga pups ko
time to go back to mang max :P

Thanks man! Good to hear you bought it already. Enjoy! :-D

Offline emz_jereza

« Reply #420 on: May 30, 2010, 12:17:43 AM »
btw is there a humbucker size rails from artec???

Offline mbsunga

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #421 on: May 30, 2010, 04:22:26 PM »
btw is there a humbucker size rails from artec???
ang alam ko meron pero parang walang available sa TMS

Offline juanito4885

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #422 on: June 17, 2010, 04:16:37 PM »
just installed my dual rail sa strat ko last week... I followed the diagram pati na yung pagtrouble shoot as posted by sir daks sa previous page.. Ito ngayon yung problem ko:
- masyadong mahina ang volume nya compared sa stock pups ng neck & mid.
- pagpinagsama ang rail with the middle pup ang lakas ng hum...
- lubog ang volume ng E string tapos sobrang lakas naman ang volume ng B string...
- if i tap each rail ng pup mas malakas ang output ng isang rail compared to the other.

---despite of these setbacks ayos talaga ang tunog. Nasubukan ko na lahat ng nakasaad sa thread na to especially yung kay sir daks pero ganun pa rin ang resulta....
World Peace!!!!

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #423 on: June 17, 2010, 04:24:51 PM »
hehe maaayos yan bro, yung s'kin naayos  :lol:

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #424 on: June 17, 2010, 04:35:08 PM »
just installed my dual rail sa strat ko last week... I followed the diagram pati na yung pagtrouble shoot as posted by sir daks sa previous page.. Ito ngayon yung problem ko:
- masyadong mahina ang volume nya compared sa stock pups ng neck & mid.
- pagpinagsama ang rail with the middle pup ang lakas ng hum...
- lubog ang volume ng E string tapos sobrang lakas naman ang volume ng B string...
- if i tap each rail ng pup mas malakas ang output ng isang rail compared to the other.

---despite of these setbacks ayos talaga ang tunog. Nasubukan ko na lahat ng nakasaad sa thread na to especially yung kay sir daks pero ganun pa rin ang resulta....

my suggestions:

-check all soldering points. make sure na "lutung-luto" ang hinang and walang takas na wire/s, wag lang sana busted yung pickup selector mo, like yung nangyari kay ninmei
-adjust the height of the pickup. taasan mo konti sa treble side. check the height in contrast with other pickups
-exchange the position of the green and black wires, or yung exchange the position of the hot and ground wires of your stock pickups
-to eliminate hum on position 4 (mid = bridge), gayahin mo yung "auto-split" wiring, as done in Ibanez JEM's and S.
-baka tumatama yung white and red wires sa isang ground point. shield the ends of it with a shrinkable tube or tape it (electrical tape) dun sa main insulator ng pickup conductor (dun sa rubber tube na black, wrap it there)

if all else fails, pickup selector nga yan. I've encountered that problem thrice already. palit ka lang ng switch, or trace the problem sa switch; baka may naharangan or nabali na tab