hulika

Poll

guys post nyo naman experiences nyo reg line6 podxtlive dito tnx...

performance:
0 (0%)
sounds:
7 (77.8%)
tweakers:
0 (0%)
durability:
0 (0%)
compatability:
0 (0%)
user friendly:
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: line6 PODXTLIVE USERS  (Read 68415 times)

Offline anjell @ kimchiland

Re: line6 PODXTLIVE USERS
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2010, 12:19:23 PM »

i got to read the online forums from line6
apparently, line 6 edit runs on the old version of java runtime (version 5), while java's latest version is version 6.
java does not provide anymore support for the old version and line6 has not provided support either.
kaya some forumers on their site worked on a software tweak to solve this problem.

please check this out , but i don't know if it will run on windows 7.

http://www.vettaville.nl/page.php?id=49#71

the above tweak was from the forum discussion on this page (http://line6.com/community/message/94787#94787)

hope this helps

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2010, 01:23:30 PM »
line6 forum support is actually pretty helpful with stuff like that.  the same java problem happened with me before.  my solution - uninstall java 6 :-D.

1. just to verify, is the line 6 edit software the appropriate software for tweaking patches on the computer and then for transferring the patches to the podxt live ?  i read my manual and the line 6 website. i got confused since the manual says that i could get the guitarport software  for free (aside from the line 6 monkey), which i thought was software for downloading patches to the unit. upon further reading, the manual also mentioned the line 6 edit software, which is think now is the free software for the same purpose. the guitar port on the website sells for $29, as i remember.

the patch editing software is called Gearbox (it's the overall editor for guitarport and pods, and it's free from the website), while Line6 Monkey helps update software, firmware, drivers, etc. for all sorts of Line6 products.  have you registered your xtlive?  line6 is OC about stuff like that.  if you don't, they won't give you freebies.
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2010, 02:08:15 PM »
line6 forum support is actually pretty helpful with stuff like that.  the same java problem happened with me before.  my solution - uninstall java 6 :-D.

the patch editing software is called Gearbox (it's the overall editor for guitarport and pods, and it's free from the website), while Line6 Monkey helps update software, firmware, drivers, etc. for all sorts of Line6 products.  have you registered your xtlive?  line6 is OC about stuff like that.  if you don't, they won't give you freebies.

sir, thanks for replying!
i have registered the podxt live.
i already downloaded and was able to run the line6 monkey software. it updated the firmware of the unit.

just to clarify sir. gearbox is what i need to download patches to my unit?
what is line6 edit software used for?

thanks in advance.

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2010, 02:48:15 PM »
gearbox lets you edit patches. 

line 6 monkey lets you download pre-made patches from the net (among other things).
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2010, 03:12:37 PM »
gearbox lets you edit patches. 

line 6 monkey lets you download pre-made patches from the net (among other things).

sir, does gearbox also allows you to download the edited patches from your computer to your podxt unit via usb?
this is what i what to do.
the line 6 monkey only activates the model/fx packs purchased from line6 website, aside from updating the software drivers etc.

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2010, 03:15:55 PM »
i think it does, but to be honest, i'm not certain, x3l kasi yung sa akin.  when gearbox opens for the first time on a pc, it opens a window that displays the bank information in your pod.  i edit then save the patch in that window.

Offline ninmei

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2010, 03:36:04 PM »
i think it does, but to be honest, i'm not certain, x3l kasi yung sa akin.  when gearbox opens for the first time on a pc, it opens a window that displays the bank information in your pod.  i edit then save the patch in that window.

mas feel ko talaga mag tweak sa unit kesa sa PC.. imo.

« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2010, 03:48:37 PM »

thank you sir for this info.
i'll try this later.
mas gusto ko rin magtweak sa unit mismo so that i could hear the sound
pero i have downloaded some patches from online sources that i want to try on my podxt live.that's the reason i was asking for the software to do the download from the pc to the unit.

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2010, 03:53:52 PM »
thank you sir for this info.
i'll try this later.
mas gusto ko rin magtweak sa unit mismo so that i could hear the sound
pero i have downloaded some patches from online sources that i want to try on my podxt live.that's the reason i was asking for the software to do the download from the pc to the unit.

Pwede ka naman mag-tweak habang naka-kabit yung XTL mo sa laptop & amp mo or you can use headphones. That's what I did when I had my XTL.

Nahihirapan ako mag-edit sa unit kasi isa lang ang pihitan. That's why instead of getting an X3L, I opted to get the M9. But, whatever works for you right? Congrats & happy tweaking.

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2010, 03:56:44 PM »
kurtcobainer, taga-VCF ka rin?

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2010, 04:00:29 PM »
kurtcobainer, taga-VCF ka rin?

Nope. Adrian was my classmate & one of my best buds nung college.

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2010, 04:02:45 PM »
ah. played with him sa Kids' Church sa VCF.  my condolences, bro.

edit: sorry, OT.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 04:06:43 PM by tapslore »

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2010, 04:08:40 PM »
ah. played with him sa Kids' Church sa VCF.  my condolences, bro.

Cool, he was very passionate when it comes to music & art! He's in a better place now. :-) OT na tayo. :-D

I didn't know na pwede pala gamitin yung Gear Box na pang edit sa patches. I had it also installed on my laptop akala ko pang recording lang yun, hehehe. I used Line 6 Edit when I edited my patches.

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2010, 05:16:04 PM »
Wow grabe sana makatulong yung link sa itaas sa problema ko ngayon!! :-o
May tanong lang ako mga sir!! And XT live ba ay 96khz samplerate and 16-bit A/D D/A conversion?

« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2010, 05:19:33 PM »
Wow grabe sana makatulong yung link sa itaas sa problema ko ngayon!! :-o
May tanong lang ako mga sir!! And XT live ba ay 96khz samplerate and 16-bit A/D D/A conversion?

please update sa forum if the tweak was able to help you sir
i'll also try it tonight and will update tomorrow
happy tweaking!

Offline pekwa

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2010, 05:56:19 PM »
Sir tatanong ko lang kung pwde gawing analogue style yung POD XT live? parang sa BOSS ME-50?

thanks for the answer..para kasing super ganda ng pod XT live

Offline ninmei

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2010, 07:51:18 PM »
Sir tatanong ko lang kung pwde gawing analogue style yung POD XT live? parang sa BOSS ME-50?

thanks for the answer..para kasing super ganda ng pod XT live

pwede.

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2010, 10:55:32 PM »
please update sa forum if the tweak was able to help you sir
i'll also try it tonight and will update tomorrow
happy tweaking!
PANALO sir!!! GUMAGANA NA YUNG LINE6 EDIT KO SA WIN7!!!!! MGA KAPATID WIN7 NA TAYO!! NAPAKAGANDANG OS NITO!!! :-D :-D :-D

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2010, 11:00:06 PM »
PANALO sir!!! GUMAGANA NA YUNG LINE6 EDIT KO SA WIN7!!!!! MGA KAPATID WIN7 NA TAYO!! NAPAKAGANDANG OS NITO!!! :-D :-D :-D

Uy, ayos! Sasabihan ko yung kapatid ko.

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2010, 11:33:08 PM »
Mga sir post tayo ng mga recordings natin dito para masaya!!! :-D :-D :-D

Offline DrDeathRNMD98

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2010, 03:27:56 AM »
one day makakakuha rin ako ng sarili kong Line 6 POD XT Live..[dreaming on]  :roll: :roll: :cry:

hayz...swerte nyu, haha

Offline Filthy

« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2010, 03:33:26 AM »
ok naman to ganda ng tunog kaso isa lang ung tweak knob nya sa lahat parameters.
May kasabihan po tayo "Mahirap maging gitarista kapag walang gitara" bow!

« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2010, 07:16:30 AM »

ayos!
i also tried last night and it also worked on my PC.
hindi ko na ininstall yung software tweak. just installed the old version of the java runtime environment (version 5)

question to all podxt live users:

can i transfer  an individual tone (as opposed to a whole library or "bundle") to the podxt live ?
what software can do that? ( i haven't tried gearbox yet. i tried line 6 edit but no success, or i just don't know how  :-D )
thanks and have a nice day to all!

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2010, 11:46:51 AM »

can i transfer  an individual tone (as opposed to a whole library or "bundle") to the podxt live ?
- Yes you can.

what software can do that? ( i haven't tried gearbox yet. i tried line 6 edit but no success, or i just don't know how  :-D )
- Line 6 Edit. For example, you want to transfer a tone to patch 18b. just highlight both of them & click the SELECTED SEND button. You'll see that patch 18b will be replaced with the patch you want to transfer. Then click the SYNC button. There, you just transfered your tone to XTL. Just remember to SYNC before you exit, otherwise hindi matra-transfer yung tone mo sa XTL.

Also, always backup your current bundle using Line 6 Monkey.

HTH.

- You're welcome.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 11:48:01 AM by kurtcobainer »

« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »

can i transfer  an individual tone (as opposed to a whole library or "bundle") to the podxt live ?
- Yes you can.

what software can do that? ( i haven't tried gearbox yet. i tried line 6 edit but no success, or i just don't know how  :-D )
- Line 6 Edit. For example, you want to transfer a tone to patch 18b. just highlight both of them & click the SELECTED SEND button. You'll see that patch 18b will be replaced with the patch you want to transfer. Then click the SYNC button. There, you just transfered your tone to XTL. Just remember to SYNC before you exit, otherwise hindi matra-transfer yung tone mo sa XTL.

Also, always backup your current bundle using Line 6 Monkey.

HTH.

- You're welcome.

sir, thanks for the info.
i'll try this later on my unit.
:)