hulika

Author Topic: Help Re: Room Tuning  (Read 651 times)

Offline leopietro8

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Help Re: Room Tuning
« on: November 01, 2009, 10:55:22 PM »
tulong mga masters. this is my first time to tune my room. been watching those youtube vids of ethan winer and his realtraps. what struck me the most is the realization that a well-tuned room will make lower frequency mixing easier. i've been mixing for years and pansin ko lang dun ako mejo nahihirapan.

i've also been researching (aka googling) on the topic and arrived with this strategy. let me know if there's something wrong with my strategy. 2 things i need to do. first is to tame resonances (reverb, decay, early reflections..), and as a last resort, room eq.

with the use of ecm8000, SPL meter, pink noise, and a frequency analyzer (waves plugin), ill try to make the frequency response as flat as possible at the listening position by first placing DIY absorbers and traps at usual areas (sidewalls, ceiling, back area of studio monitors and corners).

If needed, I'll add more traps and absorbers, adjust speakers (NS-10s) and subwoofer placement (Yamaha YST-SW40), just to improve the frequency response.

Once I reach my budget limit for DIY absorbers, then as a last resort, will perform eq boost and cut (hopefully non-drastic), and save it as a preset to use it in the master bus.   

Am i missing anything? Any advice can greatly help...any links?