hulika

Author Topic: Why some recording studio engineers are posers  (Read 26199 times)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Why some recording studio engineers are posers
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2009, 11:39:05 AM »
Basta, i think its safe to say that this thread can only get better. I hope.

oh, it will. the local music scene is far bigger and better than whoever this riffoff guy is and the character of the people that make local music happen is of no comparison to him. he may have bad things to think and say but, hey, at least the folks that put their heart and soul into their studios and music are actually doing something to improve the scene every day - something that proactive is a testament to dedication that this riffoff guy can never touch.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 11:41:34 AM by abyssinianson »
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline rups_yu

• Veteran Member
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »
I agree. Pati ako, may respeto kay dodjie. Kasi nababasa ko mga posts niya, which are suggestive na madami talaga siyang alam. Plus balita ko malupit siya maggitara. Thats why I am ashamed na may gumaganito sakanya na kaibigan ko. Dont worry... kausap ko si a.k.a. riffoff/bakunabois ngayon... kasi hindi naman ako ang gumawa ng gulo na to eh. kaya lang, sa liga ng basketball, pag nagkagulo, mga team captain kumakausap diba. parang ganon lang.

gusto ko na matapos to.

Pare, malupit talaga siya maggitara.  He tried the 7 string of my friend and ang lupit talaga ni Sir Dodjie.  I think Sir Dodjie deserves to be respected by his clients and the people who will meet him in time.  Tingin ko dapat pang magpasalamat kaibigan mo kay Sir Dodjie kasi kung sa iba yan, baka mas mabanas kaibigan mo.  I'm not saying Dodjie is the best engineer but I am impressed by his skills and his taste.  He's also a very generous person kasi nagpakape pa siya sa amin during our recording session.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2009, 06:20:26 PM »
Louie, I never said pinaplastik mo ko.  Ang sabi ko, kakausapin ko ang kahit sino nang walang kaplastikan.  Magkaiba yun. 

And about respect, we cannot expect others to respect us if we don't practice it in the first place.  So kung nayayabangan/nakukupalan ka sa mga response ko, hindi mo dapat ipagtaka yun.  As I said, I take no BS when it comes to my work.  The mere fact that your riffoff/bakunabois "friend" is hiding is enough reason for me to doubt.

Dito sa aking munting project studio, may WiFi din.  So halimbawang may ogag akong sipsip na kaibigan na titira ng ibang studio sa pamamagitan ng wifi connection ko, malamang ang first na gagawin ko eh linawin na hindi ako ang naninira sa ibang studio.  Pero dapat ipakilala ko kung sino ang gumawa.  Narinig mo na ba yung kasabihan na "Someone has to got jail for the crime..."?  Whether fall guy o yung culprit, someone has to go to jail.  Kung sa akin nangyari yan, ilalaglag ko yan kahit sumpain pa ako.  A true friend uses common sense and thinks how his actions can affect his friends.

Unang-una, sabi mo nagpakamatay siya. Eh paano mo nakausap?  Gusto mong ma-interpret ko na "figurative" yung pagpapakamatay niya?  :? Non-sense.   

Now granting riffoff is a person who is not Louie Azcona, then like what I said, I am willing to talk to the person.  No BS.  Sa safe na lugar.  We're all adults here.  Alam mo bang dati napagkamalan na ako si oasgomez/Firemodel55?  Pero nagkaroon din ako ng sariling sungay habang na-ban siya. 

LouieAzcona

« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2009, 09:55:49 PM »

Unang-una, sabi mo nagpakamatay siya. Eh paano mo nakausap?  Gusto mong ma-interpret ko na "figurative" yung pagpapakamatay niya?  :? Non-sense.   

hay.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2009, 11:49:36 PM »
Hoo...Magsitigil na nga kayo.

Dodj, your defensiveness is understandable, but IMHO you're already over-reacting. Ganito. Tutal, you know Louie and if you're really bent on "getting someone to jail", go get a court order compelling Louie to divulge the identity of his friend.

Then file the appropriate charges.

If you're not willing to take this to its full conclusion, I suggest you just let it go. There will still be guys who like you, you can't win 'em all.

Yan. Galing ko mag-advise ano ?
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2009, 08:40:49 AM »
Hoo...Magsitigil na nga kayo.

Dodj, your defensiveness is understandable, but IMHO you're already over-reacting. Ganito. Tutal, you know Louie and if you're really bent on "getting someone to jail", go get a court order compelling Louie to divulge the identity of his friend.

Then file the appropriate charges.

If you're not willing to take this to its full conclusion, I suggest you just let it go. There will still be guys who like you, you can't win 'em all.

Yan. Galing ko mag-advise ano ?

BAMF, I was saying "go to jail" in a figurativbe way.  I meant, someone's identity has to be revealed. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2009, 08:54:17 AM »
BAMF, I was saying "go to jail" in a figurativbe way.  I meant, someone's identity has to be revealed. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :D

It applies whether literal or figurative. O, so even if you did find out who it was. What then ? See. If you don't intend to pursue it to any of its logical conclusions, then just let it go.

Siguro ipapa-kulam mo ano ? Hehehehe.

Magsitigil ka na nga. Punta na lang ako jan, magsi-inum na lang tayo. Yang unnecessary stress, la yan.

Saka dodj, pwede, don't get into a pissing match with an uncircumsized person (not you Louie ha). You have nothing to prove to people like those.

Boskit vote ko lock na 'to. Let's clean up the negative energies on this forum. 

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2009, 09:18:40 AM »
Ok, I was so eager to post last night after work, but I didn't want to ruin my time for my family.

Before anything else, let us be clear about a few things.

First, THE LIES:

sir, theres no she. lalaki po yung bokalsta ng sardines na involved.
sana tama po yung pagkakaintindi ko sa reply. Im not sure kung alam nung babae yung mga nangyayari dito.

This is wrong info.  Abyss was correct, dead on  with his supposition that the sardine band has a girl vocalist.  I dunno why they have to deny that, maybe to distort the identity of the band, being that it is a 'blind item'?  :?  Sorry but this I cannot understand.  

nice. update lang. patay na po si riffoff. nagpakamatay po siya kagabi.

This is ridiculous.  What was the point in making this testimony?   At least now we've proven he ain't dead.

Finally, riffoff/bakunabois decided to text me and reveal his identity.  And I was right from the very beginning.  Riffoff, if I can only cut your bangs in front of your mom and dad to put you into shame I'd do so...  

At least now, I'm convinced Louie is not riffoff.  But the sad part is, riffoff is largely affiliated to Louie's studio.  And sad to say, if you represent a business entity (big or small) your actions and words will reflect on your business affiliations.  Buti sana kung mere tambay ka lang.  Eh hindi eh.  You are carrying the flag of your business, even if you are just an employee, or worse, if you are a partner.  So it was enough reason for me to doubt that riffoff's post was a direct attack on  me/my job/my small studio facility (designed for the indie market)  to uplift their own business.  Dirty tactics if you ask me.  

Regarding the sardine band, here is an excerpt of the songwriter's text message to me:

"...naging mabait ka  professional at patient sa amin, di kami nasiyahan sa outcome pero alam ko na di mo kasalanan yun... Kaibigan ko si Lui sinabi ko sa kanya na di ako masaya, natural lang naman siguro na magkwento ka sa katropa diba?  kaso malamang nasabi din niya sa iba kaya ayun.  Atchaka obvious na <M________L> yun.  Siniraan ka na nga niya pinahamak pa kami lalo na ako.  So I'm sorry dodjie..."

Dahil sa isang hamak na Amplitube thread hahantong sa ganito?  hmmm.  Love to hate, love to whine.    More to come...

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2009, 09:27:07 AM »
Ang mahal pala ng Jack Daniels sa Duty Free. Bakit pa sa Puregold-Subic parang 700 isang bote lang bili ko, sa Duty free lumalabas mahigit isang libo.

Pero para sa yo, dadalhin ko to jan, provide ko na intoxicating liquid. Ikaw na lang taya' sa pulutan. Gusto ko Norwegian Salmon or pwede din, MACKEREL.

:-D

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2009, 09:28:23 AM »
Ang mahal pala ng Jack Daniels sa Duty Free. Bakit pa sa Puregold-Subic parang 700 isang bote lang bili ko, sa Duty free lumalabas mahigit isang libo.

Pero para sa yo, dadalhin ko to jan, provide ko na intoxicating liquid. Ikaw na lang taya' sa pulutan. Gusto ko Norwegian Salmon or pwede din, MACKEREL.

:-D

PSsst. Huy.... Wala namang ganyanan.  Sisig Hooray na may extra labuyo solb na ako.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2009, 09:30:55 AM »
PSsst. Huy.... Wala namang ganyanan.  Sisig Hooray na may extra labuyo solb na ako.

Ummm naglaway na naman ako. Malapit ka lang sa Aysee sa Ultra di ba ? MMmmpphh sarap ng sisig saka papaitan duon ! Dun kaya tayo mag MTPA EB ? Hehehehe.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2009, 09:31:33 AM »
I'm just waiting for someone to second the motion, Jobet.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2009, 09:34:44 AM »
Ummm naglaway na naman ako. Malapit ka lang sa Aysee sa Ultra di ba ? MMmmpphh sarap ng sisig saka papaitan duon ! Dun kaya tayo mag MTPA EB ? Hehehehe.

Actually masarap sa Aysee pero, Sisig Hooray convert na ako. Wahahaha. Astig mag EB sana sumama si Louie (as in seriously walang kaplastikan).  Mukhang nalagay din ako sa ganitong posisyon noon nung may away sa amps vs. PODs.  :D

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2009, 09:36:32 AM »
I'm just waiting for someone to second the motion, Jobet.

Sir Kit, since all of the info needed had been provided, I deem this thread to be 'lockable'.  But then, what does forum policy say on clones and clone owners?  who gets banned?  The clones lang or even the  true account of the clone? 

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2009, 10:07:20 AM »
Sir Kit, since all of the info needed had been provided, I deem this thread to be 'lockable'.  But then, what does forum policy say on clones and clone owners?  who gets banned?  The clones lang or even the  true account of the clone? 

Normally, we ban the clones and retain only the primary account. Now if even the primary account is proving to be an a$$, then he gets banned to kingdom come. Your TS protagonist has already been banned lest he make a more complete fool of himself.

I'll give this thread a couple of hours for people to say what they have to say, then it's lock time. How's that?
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2009, 10:15:24 AM »
Normally, we ban the clones and retain only the primary account. Now if even the primary account is proving to be an a$$, then he gets banned to kingdom come. Your TS protagonist has already been banned lest he make a more complete fool of himself.

I'll give this thread a couple of hours for people to say what they have to say, then it's lock time. How's that?

Sir Kit, puwede after the Pacquiao fight na lang i-lock to?  Wahehehehe. 

Your call sir.  ;)

Salamat sa lahat ng umunawa, lalo na sa harsh words ko.   Louie, pasensya ka na rin at nadrag ang pangalan mo at ang studio mo, pati na rin sa studio nina Kenneth and Mark of Beneath the Mango Tree Studio (members of Jejunai.)  They also were a client of mine and I know for one that they are great people.   

May this serve as a lesson to all.   

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2009, 11:00:19 AM »
parang mas masayang pag usapan yung inuman/get together!   :-D
party na 'to!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:02:40 AM by starfugger »
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline superwup

« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2009, 11:38:30 AM »
"I'll give this thread a couple of hours for people to say what they have to say, then it's lock time. How's that? "

Please lock so i don't have to look at the short legs of Skunk's picture anymore  :-D :-D :-D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2009, 11:42:21 AM »
parang mas masayang pag usapan yung inuman/get together!   :-D
party na 'to!

Sige sige ! Somewhere na mura lang like Aysee. Okay na din dun sa 2nd floor tayo.

"I'll give this thread a couple of hours for people to say what they have to say, then it's lock time. How's that? "

Please lock so i don't have to look at the short legs of Skunk's picture anymore  :-D :-D :-D

Hoo...baka you're looking at the short legs and your eyes across the...oh never mind hahahaha.

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2009, 11:49:56 AM »
Sige sige ! Somewhere na mura lang like Aysee. Okay na din dun sa 2nd floor tayo.

Hoo...baka you're looking at the short legs and your eyes across the...oh never mind hahahaha.

malapit lang ako don, but ive never been there.  although ive heard of the place nga coz of the sisig.  like skunk, sisig hooray fans ang pamilya ko, especially that it's right across the street from us.  lol.  sige game, who wants to have an mtpa eb at aysees? 
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2009, 11:58:46 AM »
I'm not short legged I just have long arms. :D

Akala ko dati magiging basketball player ako but God gave me short legs.  At least what matters is in between. :D

Aysee's + Coke + beer = todohan na ito. 

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2009, 12:34:51 PM »
Game ! Dali habang di ko pa binu-book ang studio and di pa ko nagpipila ng work. This week na tutal taga-duon lang naman kayo hehehe.

Aysee kasi may papaitan. Pamatay yun ansarap. Bukas na lang pagbayaran ang cholesterol and uric acid hehehe.

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2009, 02:41:23 PM »
O, kelan tayo kitakits? :-)
============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2009, 03:11:04 PM »
O, kelan tayo kitakits? :-)

Umuwi ka muna para sama ka :-D.

O kaya dun tayo sa studio mo isabay na natin sa demo ng Eleven Rack ? Good idea yun a. Wala nga lang aysee. Arrrghhh choices choices....

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2009, 03:15:08 PM »
Siyempre mas importante yung Aysee. Hehe. :-) Nandiyan na ako sa isang bukas.
============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============