hulika

Author Topic: is it advisable to hang guitars by thier headstock?  (Read 1456 times)

Offline airguitarist

• Netizen Level
is it advisable to hang guitars by thier headstock?
« on: May 12, 2006, 02:17:13 PM »
guys tanong lang..

is it advisable to hang the guitars by their headstocks? or yung mga regular guitar stand parin (with support on the bottom and the necks) ang mas ok..

porma kasi if naka bitay lang mga guitara ko eh..

thanks guys

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 03:19:10 PM »
Ayos lang yan. Mga gitara ko nga naka bitay lahat sa wall ng kwarto ko, eh. Gives you more floor space atsaka safe against roaming kids, hehe :lol:

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 03:41:13 PM »
Golden Rule:

"Do unto the guitar only what you want to be done unto you"

I use the stands only if I'm using it. Then I put them back in their cases for safety and to keep the parts from rust, tarnish, dirt, dust and whatever atmospheric threat may be.

Cge kayo, pag nag earthquake bigla... (worstcase scenario lang, earthquakes dont make appointments!)
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 03:43:55 PM »
Golden Rule:

"Do unto the guitar only what you want done unto you"

I use the stands only if I'm using the guitar. Then I put the guitar back in its case for safety and to keep the parts safe from rust, tarnish, dirt, dust and whatever atmospheric threat may be. Like locking myself in the bedroom to rest.

Cge kayo, pag nag earthquake bigla... (worstcase scenario lang, earthquakes dont make appointments!)
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline five3one

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 07:11:12 PM »
alam ko chong masama. may site, i forgot na kung ano. pero sooner or later magkka-depekto din.. hehe
"do you like dreaming of things so impossible?"

Offline haringulan

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 07:20:34 PM »
Quote from: stratman1
Ayos lang yan. Mga gitara ko nga naka bitay lahat sa wall ng kwarto ko, eh. Gives you more floor space atsaka safe against roaming kids, hehe :lol:

hang them high though, imagine a kid trying to climb the wall via your guitar! ouch!