hulika

Author Topic: GRAPHTECH Appreciation and Tutorial Thread  (Read 72655 times)

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: GRAPHTECH Appreciation and Tutorial Thread
« Reply #225 on: July 13, 2010, 10:44:13 PM »
Hi masterchoxter.  :-)

Your inbox is full.. so I'll post here instead.

My Ibby prestige doesn't have a locking nut, since it's a fixed bridge model.
I'll have to check my neck's dimensions sometime with a caliper or with an accurate ruler. But the blank nut seems to be the safer option.

I won't be buying a TUSQ nut yet.. no funds.  :lol: But how long does it usually take for an order to arrive?  :-)

Sorry I wasn't able to SMS you instead, my phone's a bit messed up right now.

Offline ukeleleboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #226 on: July 14, 2010, 04:25:06 PM »
My strat copy w/ graphtech white TUSQ nut & string tree's... :-D

Ang batang masipag kapag lumaki pagod...

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #227 on: July 15, 2010, 01:37:24 PM »
My strat copy w/ graphtech white TUSQ nut & string tree's... :-D

nice one bro!

Hi masterchoxter.  :-)

Your inbox is full.. so I'll post here instead.

My Ibby prestige doesn't have a locking nut, since it's a fixed bridge model.
I'll have to check my neck's dimensions sometime with a caliper or with an accurate ruler. But the blank nut seems to be the safer option.

I won't be buying a TUSQ nut yet.. no funds.  :lol: But how long does it usually take for an order to arrive?  :-)

Sorry I wasn't able to SMS you instead, my phone's a bit messed up right now.

pm sent... email me... check sig... thanks!
[

Offline kopiako

« Reply #228 on: July 15, 2010, 06:27:18 PM »
nakabibili ba ng graphtech products sa ali mall?

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #229 on: July 15, 2010, 06:34:47 PM »
nakabibili ba ng graphtech products sa ali mall?

nope.. sa Eastwood bro.. thru masterchoxter.. hehe..  :lol:

wala nagccarry ng graphtech dito sa Pinas bro.. si masterchoxter ang distributor dito..

@ chox

:evil:
thanks bro!  :lol: inducer!!!  :evil:

Offline kopiako

« Reply #230 on: July 15, 2010, 06:38:40 PM »
ok mas malapit libis din ako eh
merong price list?

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #231 on: July 15, 2010, 06:45:25 PM »
nope.. sa Eastwood bro.. thru masterchoxter.. hehe..  :lol:

wala nagccarry ng graphtech dito sa Pinas bro.. si masterchoxter ang distributor dito..

@ chox

:evil:
thanks bro!  :lol: inducer!!!  :evil:

@chino - good thing i remembered we have a wrap around bridge... lol...

@kopiako - pm or add my via ym... tell me about what you need... check sig below... I'm at eastwood Mon-Fri from 12noon till 930-10pm... thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graphtech news:

Jarrett Guitars includes ResoMax and Black TUSQ XL

DELTA, B.C., June 22, 2010 – Graph Tech Guitar Labs, the world’s largest guitar nut and saddle manufacturer is excited to announce that Jarrett Guitars has included the ResoMax NVS and ghost NV bridge and tailpiece as well as Black TUSQ XL on their guitars.

Winner of Premier Guitar Magazine’s Gear award in 2009, Jarrett Guitars is adamant that owning a guitar is all about player preference, which is why they can offer a player an instrument with their choice of pickups, tuners, custom wiring, and hardware. “So many players purchase a ‘deluxe classic standard supreme vintage’ only to turn it over to a local tech to have it built the way they really want,” says Jack Camarda, Jarrett Guitars, Managing Partner.

Graph Tech products have been installed on Jarrett guitars since the Company’s inception in 2004, and every instrument that leaves the shop has at least one Graph Tech product on it.

Now they have added the ResoMax NVS and ghost NV bridge and tailpiece system for the rich harmonics and AutoLock magnetic locking feature for easy string changes for their customers.  Every Jarrett Forza now ships with this lightweight ResoMax alloy bridge, and they are available on the Jarrett Ibiza, Monserrat, and Viking Platinum Series models.

ResoMax NVS is made from a proprietary, lightweight ResoMax alloy that will leave each note dripping in tone and harmonics.  It comes fully equipped with special U.L.F. (Ultra Low Friction) saddles which is constructed of the same harmonically rich alloy.
The ghost loaded ResoMax bridges have custom-engineered piezo crystals installed in the String Saver saddles. Corrosion resistant, ghost loaded String Saver saddles will provide the most authentic acoustic guitar sound possible.
"When we committed to offering a piezo system we sampled every brand available on the market," said Camarda.  "They were all competent, but the Graph Tech system was the hands down winner in every category.  Magnificent acoustic tone, no string quack, no feedback, easy to install and great technical help from the Graph Tech staff made the decision a proverbial no brainer."

Jarrett also installs Black TUSQ XL nuts on their guitars which increase tuning stability and overall enhanced performance.  Designed to boost guitar tone and performance, this precision engineered nut is made with a specially formulated material which couples the strings' vibrations to the neck and brings out the hidden harmonics and richness in every note. Based on the highly resonant TUSQ man made ivory, Black TUSQ XL is impregnated with Teflon to improve the tuning performance of the guitar.

Working with Jarrett Guitars, you know you have a guitar manufacturer who truly stands behind their product.  Involved in each step of the process, they test each component thoroughly and demand nothing less than the very best,” says Dave Dunwoodie, President, Graph Tech.

About Jarrett Guitars
Jarrett Guitars began with a simple concept. Create a line of quality, hand crafted guitars based on their own designs, but influenced by the most timeless and classic instruments ever created. Offer players the choice of the finest cutting edge components on the market today while delivering tremendous value. Provide an uncompromising level of personal service, offer a 7 day trial, a full refund plus return shipping and earn enough profit to keep the doors open.  www.jarrettguitars.com

Here is a guitar that they have which contain a Graph Tech nut and bridge (Ghost loaded)...

Zaffiro

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:48:09 PM by masterchoxter »
[

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #232 on: July 15, 2010, 11:30:19 PM »
Though I've been using Graphtech and Tonepros bridges with Graphtech saddles for years, I've always wondered:  kulay lang ba ang pinagkaiba ng TUSQ and Graphtech nuts?  Thinking of replacing the nut on my fretless bass and esthetically, mas maganda kung puti yung nut niya kaysi itim.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #233 on: July 16, 2010, 07:31:10 AM »
Though I've been using Graphtech and Tonepros bridges with Graphtech saddles for years, I've always wondered:  kulay lang ba ang pinagkaiba ng TUSQ and Graphtech nuts?  Thinking of replacing the nut on my fretless bass and esthetically, mas maganda kung puti yung nut niya kaysi itim.

there are three kinds as far as i know..

black TUSQ, white TUSQ, and the TUSQ (man made ivory)

the first two are just the same, they only differ in color.. both of them are telfon impregnated for better tuning stability..

the third one, TUSQ (man mae ivory), tries to resemble that of bone nuts.. but it's not teflon impregnated.. more on tonal change siguro siya if one is fond of a bone nut or so..

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2010, 01:02:52 PM »
there are three kinds as far as i know..

black TUSQ, white TUSQ, and the TUSQ (man made ivory)

the first two are just the same, they only differ in color.. both of them are telfon impregnated for better tuning stability..

the third one, TUSQ (man mae ivory), tries to resemble that of bone nuts.. but it's not teflon impregnated.. more on tonal change siguro siya if one is fond of a bone nut or so..

that's right... thanks chino!

to clarify further... the exact current product names for the TUSQ line are:
  • Black TUSQ XL
  • TUSQ XL
  • TUSQ (Man made ivory)
[

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2010, 10:02:41 PM »
that's right... thanks chino!

to clarify further... the exact current product names for the TUSQ line are:
  • Black TUSQ XL
  • TUSQ XL
  • TUSQ (Man made ivory)

There's no graphtech in Ch. let's talk  :evil:
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #236 on: July 16, 2010, 10:17:37 PM »
There's no graphtech in Ch. let's talk  :evil:

woot.. care to trade a graphtech nut for an Epi LP? sagot ko na shipping ng graphtech..  :lol:

on topic.. i've just finished installing a Graphtech PQL-6060-00 on my PRS this afternoon.. yes, yet another graphtech nut.. but this time, it's white.. i had a PT-6060-00 before.. it was a Black TUSQ.. hehe..

i like the white better.. lol.. will snap a pic tomorrow when the lighting is good..  :-)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #237 on: July 19, 2010, 09:40:34 AM »

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #238 on: July 19, 2010, 11:54:22 AM »
i might need to order another set of bridge pins.  :lol:
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #239 on: July 19, 2010, 12:54:21 PM »
 :lol:
[

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #240 on: July 29, 2010, 09:08:10 PM »
i might need to order another set of bridge pins.  :lol:

i'm still waiting for photos of the first ones you got... lolz...
[

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #241 on: July 30, 2010, 01:25:03 PM »
me waiting for them lovely parts. yum =)

hehehe... soon...  :evil:
[

Offline arvin171

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2010, 08:48:44 PM »
Sir..how much for the graphtech nut for PRS SE custom 22..?

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
post ko pics ng strat ko pag may time :-D

swabeng swabe wala ng sabit pag gamit yung tremolo :-D
Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria

Offline nitotela

« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2010, 09:07:09 PM »
Mga sir ask ko lang, ano  band pinag-iba na graphtech nut sa bone nut?Home made Bonenut  kasi gamit ko sa guitar ko.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2010, 09:12:05 PM »
Sir..how much for the graphtech nut for PRS SE custom 22..?

nasa 800 yun bro brand new.. di ko alam kung may stock pa ngayon si chox.. ang para sa PRS SE ay yung PT-6060 or PQL-6060..

anyway.. eto bro yung thread ni chox sa graphtech sales.. dito nalang ang business..  :-)
FS: GRAPHTECH products(saddles, nuts, bridge assemblies, etc) cheap! order basis

anjan din modile number niya para mas madali mo siya macontact..

kung hindi ka naman maselan sa used, i have one up for sale.. it's in my sig, check mo nalang.. used it sa PRS SE Standard for a little while.. pinalitan ko lang ng white kasi mas gusto ko itsura..

post ko pics ng strat ko pag may time :-D

swabeng swabe wala ng sabit pag gamit yung tremolo :-D

ayos! abangan ko to..  :-)

Mga sir ask ko lang, ano  band pinag-iba na graphtech nut sa bone nut?Home made Bonenut  kasi gamit ko sa guitar ko.

bone nut, dahil naturally made siya (gawa sa buto), may mga inconsistencies yan.. though it can give you a good "tone", so they say, pwedeng hindi consistent yung overall niya.. kumbaga may weak spot na hindi mo pansin.. kunwari may pore sa loob na hindi mo kita which can be a stress point or a point of failure in time..

yung graphtech man made ivory on the other hand, syempre dahil man-made siya, mas consistent yung quality niya, or yung overall na pagkakagawa..  :-)

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2010, 09:20:05 PM »
yey!!!!

tama po ba bilang ko pang 7 string hehe :-D

ayos! abangan ko to..  :-)

hehe sige sir....kaya nyo pala po benta black tusq nyo po naka tusq xl na po kayo :-D
Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2010, 09:30:33 PM »
tama po ba bilang ko pang 7 string hehe :-D
hehe sige sir....kaya nyo pala po benta black tusq nyo po naka tusq xl na po kayo :-D

haha.. yep.. mas maganda pala tingnan yung white.. OC lang talaga ako.. lol..  :lol:

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2010, 09:35:39 PM »
haha.. yep.. mas maganda pala tingnan yung white.. OC lang talaga ako.. lol..  :lol:
hehe parang mas maganda po nga yung white pero wala po syang teflon coating?

pero para sakin ok na yung black nut at string trees match sa new tuners ko :lol:

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2010, 09:42:02 PM »
hehe parang mas maganda po nga yung white pero wala po syang teflon coating?

pero para sakin ok na yung black nut at string trees match sa new tuners ko :lol:

pareho lang siya dun sa black bro..

tatlong klase ang nut ng graphtech..

1. Black Tusq
2. Tusq
3. Man-made ivory

pareho lang yung black Tusq at white tusq.. nagkaiba lang sila sa kulay..
ang naiba sa kanilang lahat ay yung man-made ivory.. hindi ata siya nag-ooffer ng tuning stability (though i think tuning stability will still improve), pero more of a "Bone nut tone" ang binibigay niya..  :-)