hulika

Author Topic: Just nailed the Pentax K-x  (Read 2649 times)

Offline pings15

• Philmusicus Addictus
Just nailed the Pentax K-x
« on: February 02, 2010, 09:30:38 AM »
Hi,
I just entered the DIgital Single Lens Reflex realm, and I got this Pentax K-x as my very first DSLR
Very sulit bang for the buck DSLR, packed with features.

12.4 megapixel CMOS sensor
High resolution 12.4 megapixel CMOS image sensor features sensor-shift Shake Reduction for stabilized image and video capture up to 4 stops max.

2.7 inch LCD with Live View and Face Detection
Large 2.7 inch LCD features Live View with contrast, phase difference, and Face Detection autofocus (up to 16 faces).

720p HD Video
Capture widescreen HD video in full 720p resolution (1280x720) at 24 FPS cinematic frame rate, using any PENTAX 35mm lens.

Compact Body
Highly compact DSLR body design allows for 1 handed operation and comfort when travelling.

Auto Picture and Scene Modes
Powerful automatic modes, including PENTAX Auto Picture and scene modes, ensure the perfect shot in any situation, while helping new photographers learn DSLR photography.

Creative Processing and Filter Modes
Creative processing and filter modes produce high quality finished images, while offering the ability to explore artistic freedom through unique special effects.

HDR Image Capture
True HDR image capture blends 3 bracketed images into a single picture with outstanding shadow, highlight, and midrange detail.

4.7 Frames per Second
Fast 4.7 FPS capture speed and 1/6000 second maximum shutter speeds are possible with the PENTAX
PRIME II image processing engine.

11 Point Wide Angle Focus
Responsive 11 point wide angle SAFOX VIII autofocus system focuses quickly and accurately, and can easily track moving subjects.

AA Batteries
Capture up to 1900 shots with universally available, easy-to-find AA lithium batteries (also compatible with AA NiMH rechargeable and alkaline batteries).

----------
overall its nice, and very easy to use..
the only concern is the Battery meter,
its inaccurate, I tried using the Energize Lithiums, sometimes its green then changes to orange then green again..
but then the standard Energizer Lithium (disposable) has made up to 600 shots, 90% of the time the camera is in live view, but then again, Pentax should revise their standard of 1900 shots which is written in the manual,
I have yet to try it out using a NiMh battery, probably later.

then again the convinience of using AA batteries is really great.

here is a sample shot.

OH MAN! OH GOD!
Progressive Metal
 www.facebook.com/OMOGofficial   Album to be out soon!  ----- Peavey 5150 |  2x12 Cab with Celestion Speakers  | Micsis Custom 7 DiMarzio Crunchlab/Liquifire Pickups | Gruv Gear Fret Wraps | Dunlop Heavy Core Strings

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Just nailed the Pentax K-x
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 04:44:45 PM »
congrats on your purchase sir. panibagong GAS na yan hehe  :-D

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »
congrats...  :-)

Offline Earth_Angel

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 07:53:51 PM »
may i know where did you buy the k-x? kasi im planning on buying one too... tska how much? heheh may red kaya dito sa pinas? :-D

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 08:48:04 PM »
Try using eneloops battery.  :-)

Naka-try na ako ng k-x sa kaibigan ko. Ang ayaw ko lang eh hindi mo alam kung ano focus point gamit mo pag nakatingin sa viewfinder, need pa tumingin sa LCD. Pero, yeah! ayos na camera yan. haha natutuwa ako sa mga effects niya like pinhole, etc.   :-)

Congrats! :D

Offline daien

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 11:44:47 PM »
congrats...ok yan...

Offline pings15

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 12:54:39 AM »
Try using eneloops battery.  :-)

Naka-try na ako ng k-x sa kaibigan ko. Ang ayaw ko lang eh hindi mo alam kung ano focus point gamit mo pag nakatingin sa viewfinder, need pa tumingin sa LCD. Pero, yeah! ayos na camera yan. haha natutuwa ako sa mga effects niya like pinhole, etc.   :-)

Congrats! :D

just purchased the eneloops, so far its good. may times na nag oorange un battery meter, pero ok naman ang performance..
nakakilang lang talaga..
OH MAN! OH GOD!
Progressive Metal
 www.facebook.com/OMOGofficial   Album to be out soon!  ----- Peavey 5150 |  2x12 Cab with Celestion Speakers  | Micsis Custom 7 DiMarzio Crunchlab/Liquifire Pickups | Gruv Gear Fret Wraps | Dunlop Heavy Core Strings

Offline pings15

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 12:56:14 AM »
may i know where did you buy the k-x? kasi im planning on buying one too... tska how much? heheh may red kaya dito sa pinas? :-D

camerahaus--sm southmall
got it @ 39,900 with 50 - 200mm lens and 18-55mm lens..
ang alam ko alng yung white, black and red ang available
OH MAN! OH GOD!
Progressive Metal

Offline kazushi

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 11:22:42 PM »
nice, I also have,

if anyone is interested, I am selling brand new Pentax K-X for only 31,000 cash

http://tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=5212121

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 09:26:34 AM »
I'm interested in that HDR mode. Does that mean that the camera does the blending of the 3 shots into 1? Could you post a sample here? TIA! :)
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline pings15

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 05:58:38 AM »
I'm interested in that HDR mode. Does that mean that the camera does the blending of the 3 shots into 1? Could you post a sample here? TIA! :)

yes the camera does the blending of 3 shots.. pero jpeg lang siya hindi siya pwedeng raw..
though Im not using this feature much kasi puro AEB lang ginagawa ko it produces good results rin naman..

hanap ako ng okay na spot for a sample shot.. puro bubong kasi dito eh
hahaha
OH MAN! OH GOD!
Progressive Metal