hulika

Author Topic: pano magpabilis??  (Read 4670 times)

Offline heidiseducted

• Philmusicus Noobitus
pano magpabilis??
« on: June 12, 2006, 11:46:01 AM »
pano po magpabilis ng fingers para sa paglead? and matinong pagscaling? helppppp:(
Catch Heidi Seduction:)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: pano magpabilis??
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 11:56:50 AM »
Quote from: heidiseducted
pano po magpabilis ng fingers para sa paglead? and matinong pagscaling? helppppp:(

P R A C T I C E

Offline radimere

• Veteran Member
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 12:00:27 PM »
practice ka gamit metronome. start slowly using a clean tone. make sure each note is clean and distinct. accent the note that falls on the "click". then pabilisin mo by 2bpm increments. pag di na swabe at malinis, stop and go back to the previous speed. tapos try mo ulit itaas. pag sumabit pa rin, time to rest and get back to it the next day.

Offline namida

• Forum Fanatic
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 12:40:51 PM »
You have to eat, sleep, and [gooey brown stuff] guitar. Practice.
"Ano man ang iyong ginagawa sa iyong kapatid, ay siya ring ginagawa mo sa akin" --Yano

Home Recordings ->> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=480230  My Band ->>

Offline grecoslave

• Veteran Member
advice
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 01:26:29 PM »
Quote from: radimere
practice ka gamit metronome. start slowly using a clean tone. make sure each note is clean and distinct. accent the note that falls on the "click". then pabilisin mo by 2bpm increments. pag di na swabe at malinis, stop and go back to the previous speed. tapos try mo ulit itaas. pag sumabit pa rin, time to rest and get back to it the next day.

i agree! you'll be surprised how easy you'll get that elusive lick the following day. but of course that doesn't mean you shoudn't work hard on it all night. repetition builds muscle memory and muscle memory is what you bank on for speed.

i like how your method clearly indicates "when" to give it a rest. i gotta start using this!

Offline bembang_jones

• Veteran Member
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 01:29:17 PM »
yep practice practice practice...doesn't have to start that fast...syempre go slow and get faster slowly...hhahaha dahan dahan lang i mean....

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 01:35:28 PM »
practice ka gamit metronome. start slowly using a clean tone. make sure each note is clean and distinct.

Accuracy is more important than speed, IMO  8)

Offline beachhead

pano magpabilis??
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 01:43:50 PM »
How you hold a pick is very important also.
Supreme Chancellor of the SD-1 COALITION
Due to the new policy, no graphics allowed, we are changing the style of the SD-1 coalition signature.
 http://beachhead20.multiply.com/

Offline grecoslave

• Veteran Member
picking
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 01:49:40 PM »
hmmm could you guys share share how you hold a pick? i'v always had trouble with this. can't seem to find a comfy style

Offline renz_sui

• Forum Fanatic
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 04:53:47 PM »
I used to hold my pick parallel to my pointing finger and thumb. Tas nalaman ko na mali pala yun (Sabi ni Michael Angelo sa Speed Kills instructional niya) kaya ginawa ko perpendicular na siya. Works for me though. Mas madali pa mag tap n' pick kung ganun. Sa sweep mejo effective din siya sakin.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 05:37:24 PM »
nagpapractice ako now holding a pick using my thumb and middle finger. medyo di pa ako sanay but i can do some fast runs na kahit papaano. this gives my index finger more liberty to tap anytime. mas nadadalian din ako mag-tap harmonics on the fly. ang usual style ko kasi is pag magtatap ako, ililipat ko pa yung pick from my index finger/thumb to my ring finger then iipit ko sa balat under it bago pa makatap. matatagalan pa to :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline radimere

• Veteran Member
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 07:32:41 PM »
then there's circular picking, which eric johnson swears by. you brush the string downwards diagonally, then brush it up towards the opposite diagonal, in a clockwise circle. thumb at forefinger ang gumagalaw, hindi wrist. the economy of motion and the reduced friction makes for faster, smoother playing--provided you've become really proficient at it.

for regular alternate picking, yung tip lang dapat ng pick ang nakausli, to reduce the "lever effect" of a longer length of pick hitting the strings, making the motion more accurate. striking the string at a diagonal angle also helps reduce pick "clack" and friction noise.

Offline bembang_jones

• Veteran Member
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 10:12:56 PM »
then there's circular picking, which eric johnson swears by. you brush the string downwards diagonally, then brush it up towards the opposite diagonal, in a clockwise circle. thumb at forefinger ang gumagalaw, hindi wrist. the economy of motion and the reduced friction makes for faster, smoother playing--provided you've become really proficient at it.

for regular alternate picking, yung tip lang dapat ng pick ang nakausli, to reduce the "lever effect" of a longer length of pick hitting the strings, making the motion more accurate. striking the string at a diagonal angle also helps reduce pick "clack" and friction noise.

waaaa eto gusto ko matutunan circular picking!!! hirap nagagawa ko counter-clockwise acceptable ba yon sir? :cry:

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 11:45:55 PM »
Start slow.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 11:49:40 PM »
start slow, know where your fingers need to be to produce consistent clean notes, and practice that a LOT.

i noodle a lot on the guitar neck trying different note combinations on scales and combining different scales to see what the notes sound like together. in doing this, my fingers have gotten comfortable around the neck and it helped build the fluidity of note transitions. i continue to work on more speed and clean notes but, then again, playing is always a work in progress.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline vansvhee

• Veteran Member
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 02:54:21 AM »
huhuhuhu...buti p kyo may alam kung pano tamang paghawak ng pick, kung pano gawin, kung pano etc...hehehehe...ako walang nkpg-tip kung pano yan eh...hehehe....basta hawak lng ng pick kung san at pano ko komportable...hehehe
ANIBUGHAW - buhay, bahay at halaman<br /><br />
br /><br />http://www.soundclick.com/anibughaw

Offline shadowm00n

• Forum Fanatic
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 03:25:52 AM »
always make yourself comfortable. wag kang madali.. make sure each note are properly executed. dapat clear ang tunog.. dapat synchronize ang l & r hand mo. ggodluck. 8)
ahhh.. cege pa koya! agoy!

Offline ronnie james jeremy

• Veteran Member
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 08:54:59 AM »
use thick picks that don't bend when you pluck the strings

Offline sbalbaguio2006

• Forum Fanatic
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 09:01:31 AM »
Quote from: ronnie james jeremy
use thick picks that don't bend when you pluck the strings

ang nipis ng gmit ko hahaha, ernie ball na thin... 0.46mm ata un  :lol:
2008 EBMM JP6 | 2005 Jackson RR5 | 2001 Ibanez JEM7VWH | 1994 Fender 57 RI Strat

Offline tumorwarrior

• Veteran Member
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 09:12:45 AM »
hehehe ako rin manipis gamit ko, yung jazz tortex na red :D parang mas mabilis kasi pag manipis, but then again, baka may mali ako ginagawa sa makapal na pick kaya hirap ako
FOR SALE: PSE MILLENNIUM V5 COMPOUND BOW <br />50lbs draw weight/ 27" draw legnth (+/-2")<br />complete with sight, center stab, dampers, carter triger, Easton X10 Arrows, bow case<br />40K lang san ka pa. Pm me for contact details

Offline sbalbaguio2006

• Forum Fanatic
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 09:16:16 AM »
or pwde mong itry na ung dirty... este middle finger mo ang pang-tap, dun ako nagsimula hanggang sa ung tatlong ibang fingers na ang pangtap ko lahat, ung thumb at index naman panghawak ko sa pick, but i don't know d right way to handle it basta comfortable  :lol:
2008 EBMM JP6 | 2005 Jackson RR5 | 2001 Ibanez JEM7VWH | 1994 Fender 57 RI Strat

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: pano magpabilis??
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 01:24:52 PM »
Quote from: heidiseducted

mag velocity ka men! :D joke3x!

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 02:59:23 PM »
i always come across this saying na speed daw is the by-product of accuracy. Pag accurate daw yung tipa mo bibilis ka daw naturally.
Im in the process of finding it out pero matatagalan pa i think :D
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 04:18:58 PM »
Here goes:

I've preached about the value of rhythm quite alot. Speed is based on the rhythmic groupings you're executing, i.e. 16th note, 8th note triplets, what not. i support the opinions of the folks here, get a metronome, build your rhythmic vocabulary. start slow. speed up. use sequences and exerps from solo passages you like. practice legato (non picked or lightly picked) or staccato (hard picked). if you have a harmonic and melodic vocabulary, you must work on your rhythmic vocabulary.

your set up is important. the basic set up for speed is a low action (i know this is disputable, but i'm covering the basics as a short cut) and 9 or 10 guage string sets. make sure your neck is a straight as a tack, your frets even. jumbo frets will help ease the fretting strain. i'm assuming that you've got them on your 'board (i'm relishing on the delights of small high frets, more dynamic for me. i wanna feel the wood)

the trick to speed? its in the conservation of energy, and the focus of it.

i'm sure you are familiar with the economy picking technique, where the most umber of notes are executed with the least movement and the lightest touch and effort. That is, what i consider the most popular technique featuring "conservation" and "focus". this deals with the right hand (given your a right-handed person who picks with the right)

how about the left (fretting hand)? it only follows logically that if the right hand has "economic" properties, the left hand should too. This is what i call (personally) economy fretting, involving hammering-on and/or pulling of with the least motion and most focus. study the left hand movement of the quickest and cleanest guitarists, and you will notice how effortless their lines are. that their fingers are "barely" hitting the frets but zoom across the strings, and every note stands out as like stars on a moonless night. its fretting kung fu, they are not "pushing" their finger tips on the board, but merely utilizing the needed "energy" to sound the notes. their fingers are discplined, performing only what is to be done, therefore, accurate and saving energy. that facility is borne out of practice.

how much of that energy is needed? here's how to find it and harness it:

1. line up all four fretting fingers on one string, say, the low E, covering frets 8, 9, 10 and 11.
2. do not fret these notes. let your fingers just touch the string.
3. raise your 3rd finger without raising the rest (i'm strict about this, JUST the the 3rd finger), to about 1cm.
4. allow it to drop and hit the string (10th fret) under it naturally.
5. repeat this for 1minute. make sure the other fingers do not disobey your command by lifting, they have to learn how to remain in file.
6. move on to the pink, after a minute again, to the 1st finger, then the second.

thats it. focus on its energy with all your zen. as you practice, you will find your touch gather more strength and with less effort, and that your fingers will be sounding the notes with the least movement.

good luck, grasshopper... practice makes more practice...
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline radimere

• Veteran Member
pano magpabilis??
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 04:48:50 PM »
as you spend more time practicing, you'll realize that rote mechanical repetition saps you of your inspiration and resolve to practice. so it's also important to supplement your mechanical practice time with musical practice time, e.g., learning chords, studying scales and intervals, ear training and, occasionally, even noodling.

after all, technique is the means, but musicality is the end.