hulika

Author Topic: Entwistle Pickups  (Read 120973 times)

Offline ytse_neil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Entwistle Pickups
« Reply #275 on: October 21, 2010, 09:42:44 AM »
eto pala maikling demo track using Dark Star bridge pickups.

http://soundcloud.com/zisnarf_miranda/megi
anung distortion gamit mo dito? Metalzone?

Offline zisnarf_miranda

• Veteran Member
« Reply #276 on: October 21, 2010, 12:54:59 PM »
anung distortion gamit mo dito? Metalzone?

yung isang patch ko sa Korg Ax30g. : )

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #277 on: October 26, 2010, 11:27:29 AM »
I was at SPL yesterday to look for a pup replacement for my strat. I came across the XS62N for the neck and thinking of putting ASN57 for the bridge since the ASN has a higher impedance reading. Might be good for some solos.

Any of you guys tried this kind of setup in your strats? I need some reviews and feedbacks sana before i buy those pickups.

Im more into neck pup user for rhythm parts then i switch to bridge for solos. Im looking for a bright stratish tone...

Thanks in advance and more power to all Entwistle pickup users here!!!
To GOD be the Glory!!!<br /><br /><br /><br />http://smileyicons.net/s/225.gif

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #278 on: October 26, 2010, 08:02:13 PM »
I was at SPL yesterday to look for a pup replacement for my strat. I came across the XS62N for the neck and thinking of putting ASN57 for the bridge since the ASN has a higher impedance reading. Might be good for some solos.

Any of you guys tried this kind of setup in your strats? I need some reviews and feedbacks sana before i buy those pickups.

Im more into neck pup user for rhythm parts then i switch to bridge for solos. Im looking for a bright stratish tone...

Thanks in advance and more power to all Entwistle pickup users here!!!
sir panalo ang XS62Ns, i have a pair myself on the neck and middle positions. these pickups are worth the money IMO.

Offline doink_rules

• Veteran Member
« Reply #279 on: October 27, 2010, 03:25:04 AM »
Mga sir pa PM naman po ng price ng XS62n and kung available po sila sa TMS Cubao?

Thanks
what the eyes see, what the ears hear, the mind believes.

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #280 on: October 27, 2010, 09:22:19 AM »
sir panalo ang XS62Ns, i have a pair myself on the neck and middle positions. these pickups are worth the money IMO.

ka-chat ko yesterday si Dax sa YM. ang recommendation nya is reverse.

put the AS57N sa neck tapos XS62N sa bridge. mas makalansing daw ang AS57N eh. ano palagay mo sir?

Ano ba character ng XS62N? Is it warmer or brighter?

I backread on this thread na ang AS57N daw mas malalim yung mga poles. So baka di magkasya sa cavity ng strat ko. What do you think guys?

TIA

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #281 on: October 27, 2010, 01:30:08 PM »
ka-chat ko yesterday si Dax sa YM. ang recommendation nya is reverse.

put the AS57N sa neck tapos XS62N sa bridge. mas makalansing daw ang AS57N eh. ano palagay mo sir?

Ano ba character ng XS62N? Is it warmer or brighter?

I backread on this thread na ang AS57N daw mas malalim yung mga poles. So baka di magkasya sa cavity ng strat ko. What do you think guys?

TIA
oh yeah. about that, i just prefer 62's coz they're copies of texas specials, and i prefer their voicing over that of the 57s.

and yeah, i tried to fit the 57s on my strat...well the average strat might need additional routing sa body coz they're taller than the average single coil pickup para mag kasya sila sa cavities.

And if Dax recommended such an option, i'd go with that. If it wasn't for the routing problem on my strat, I would've tried that out.

one last thing, i have an SD hot rails on the bridge so i really can't do the "62 on the bridge" option. :-D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:37:01 PM by shodawmoon »

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #282 on: October 27, 2010, 01:52:53 PM »
oh yeah. about that, i just prefer 62's coz they're copies of texas specials, and i prefer their voicing over that of the 57s.

and yeah, i tried to fit the 57s on my strat...well the average strat might need additional routing sa body coz they're taller than the average single coil pickup para mag kasya sila sa cavities.

And if Dax recommended such an option, i'd go with that. If it wasn't for the routing problem on my strat, I would've tried that out.

one last thing, i have an SD hot rails on the bridge so i really can't do the "62 on the bridge" option. :-D

uy ayos!!!

maraming salamat sa tip sir!!!

i think i'll go for the 62 sa neck para sure na pasok sa cavity. also, if you think XS62N is a copy/sounds like the texas specials, that would be perfect for me. heheheh

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #283 on: October 27, 2010, 07:45:39 PM »
uy ayos!!!

maraming salamat sa tip sir!!!

i think i'll go for the 62 sa neck para sure na pasok sa cavity. also, if you think XS62N is a copy/sounds like the texas specials, that would be perfect for me. heheheh
it says in the product description written in the price listing from TMS. :-) :wink:

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #284 on: October 31, 2010, 08:31:23 PM »
sir help lang po about sa wiring ng darkstar, i think medyu di ako naging satisfied sa tunog nya, naging mala single coil lang ang output nya at tone quality, merun ba kayung schem diagram na sinundan for 1 vol pot and 1 3-way toggle switch

edited:

yung nadl kong diagram sa artec site yung sinundan ko, nilagay ko sa ground yung black, green at bare na wires (tama ba?) pero ma-hum sya at single coil nga ang labas ng tunog nya... very weird

uugong talaga yan pag pinagsama mo lahat sa ground yan :lol:

for the nth time: ( :lol: )

ground = bare + black
signal / hot = green
parallel / tap = red and white (if you won't tap it, just keep em soldered together and shield with a tape or shrinkable tube)

now regarding polarity, alternate dapat kada coil (i.e. north-south-north) depending on the magnet phasing of your pickups, you might need to invert the position of the pickup by 180 degrees and use the green as ground and the black as hot. pero mababaliktad na kasi yung logo pag binaliktad mo (hehe) , so yung middle single coil ang babaliktarin mo if ever out of phase :)
Yes, I'm no longer affiliated with TMS

Offline alex_kayat

« Reply #285 on: November 03, 2010, 02:22:21 AM »
Wala na daw Darkstar sa TMS Ali Mall, hindi nila alam kelan magkakaroon ng stock, pati HDN wala din.

Offline mane18g

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #286 on: November 08, 2010, 10:30:39 PM »
Meron darkstar sa TMS alabang. Kakaorder ko lang. Bukas na ang dating ng pickup ko..yey

Offline kitbisquit

« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2010, 01:03:12 AM »
share ko lang darkstar on my gio mga sir.

Offline kitbisquit

« Reply #288 on: November 12, 2010, 01:12:13 AM »

Offline kitbisquit

« Reply #289 on: November 16, 2010, 09:21:07 PM »
share ko lang yung ginawa ko pagtest sa darkstar pickup...eto yung link. 

Offline alex_kayat

« Reply #290 on: November 27, 2010, 11:42:53 AM »
Nabili ko Giovanni GCH2 neck & bridge, sa TMS Ali Mall. Mas maganda daw to kesa darkstar.

Offline kurtseth

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #291 on: November 27, 2010, 01:32:59 PM »
pa pm naman sir shodaw ng price nung 62's

:)
\
and kung magkano rin gch2 thanks

Offline solicitor_general02

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #292 on: November 28, 2010, 12:55:09 AM »
Nabili ko Giovanni GCH2 neck & bridge, sa TMS Ali Mall. Mas maganda daw to kesa darkstar.

bro, may demo ka? ok kaya ang gch2 sa maple fretboard? baka mas wild ang tunog eh.  :lol:
“the first thing we do, is kill all the lawyers” SHAKESPEARE

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #293 on: November 28, 2010, 01:04:39 AM »
imma get both  :-D

i have the HDN sa neck right now. then get the darkstar for the bridge position pag may stocks na  :-)

puro pang neck kasi yung stocks nila nung nagpunta ako
NICE :-D so i cant go wrong with either one? I tried the Darkstar pickups earlier, all I can say is I love it :-D
la nga lng HDN :cry: sayang... and will try next time the artec double rail humbuckers :-D
Psalm 119:105
Colossians 2:8
"We love because he first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #294 on: November 29, 2010, 12:14:26 PM »
may darkstar ba na white?

Offline jerc_mirza

« Reply #295 on: November 29, 2010, 01:00:27 PM »
Woah! Nice! I am interested with the Darkstar humbucker pup. I am currently using an Inf4 in My Gax70.I am not very happy with the sound. But I am sure that it is because of the wood of my guitar. Because with my other guitar which is a LTD EC Custom MIJ which I only bought from a surplus. I am only using an Ibanez pup as well.Which is the Ibanez ah6. The sound of my LTD is full and clear.It also sounds fat. While my GAX70,it sounds "Lubog"..And I cant let go of the guitar.Because my mom and wife gave it to me..

I am not into metal,I am into punk so I am looking for a sound that's not too dark sounding...Does the Darkstar sound too dark? I am looking for a warm and yet high output tone..I think Alnico does not match my Ibanez guitar wood..it lack sustain since its an agathis body...

Thanks,,I hope you guys can help me..

By the way I heard that it sounds similar with DiMarzio Super distortion..

Offline boybangs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #296 on: November 30, 2010, 12:24:51 AM »
may darkstar ba na white?

Wala yatang white na Darkstar, may nakita ako sa Ebay zebra lang.  :-)
Google is your friend.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #297 on: November 30, 2010, 08:31:06 AM »
Any feedbacks on their Tex Mex designed strat pickups?
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #298 on: November 30, 2010, 08:56:53 AM »
Any feedbacks on their Tex Mex designed strat pickups?

i think that's XS62N. Im also gassing for that one.

anybody here, has a demo?

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #299 on: November 30, 2010, 09:57:12 AM »
i think that's XS62N. Im also gassing for that one.

anybody here, has a demo?
posting soon. :-D