hulika

Author Topic: Will you shut up if...  (Read 6051 times)

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 07:44:15 PM »
Quote from: deltaslim
Quote from: markflo
will you stop starting weird threads like this if we answer your question?  :wink:

LOL!  +1

"Love hurts.... love scars... " - Nazareth

double LOL!

mark -- shouldn't this thread be moved?  it has nothing to do with guitars really.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2006, 07:49:54 PM »
Quote from: Poundcake
ang dami-daming mapapag-usapan na iba dito e, nakakasawa na yung $4,100 or 5,000-year-old mastodon talk na to

speaking of pre-historic animals, check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7423506932&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT

craziness... absolute craziness... baka ito yung supplier ni oas ng gear-made-out-of-prehistoric-animals...  :lol:

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006, 10:43:25 PM »
Quote from: PRSMan
Quote from: deltaslim
Quote from: markflo
will you stop starting weird threads like this if we answer your question?  :wink:

LOL!  +1

"Love hurts.... love scars... " - Nazareth

double LOL!

mark -- shouldn't this thread be moved?  it has nothing to do with guitars really.

+1..weird nga tong thread na to...or baka naman pinapatanong ni oas? :roll:

:mrgreen:
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 11:43:58 PM »
dapat sa recycle bin minomove ang thread na ito  :lol:

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006, 11:55:04 PM »
:mrgreen:
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 11:57:29 PM »
I think it is still relevant to the Guitar Forum.  You're asking for guitar soundclips right?

Anyway, I haven't talked to oas for a while...

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2006, 12:31:04 AM »
ang dami-daming mapapag-usapan na iba dito e, nakakasawa na yung $4,100 or 5,000-year-old mastodon talk na to

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7423506932&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT

craziness... absolute craziness... baka ito yung supplier ni oas ng gear-made-out-of-prehistoric-animals...  :lol:

haha insane nga pare.. penge namang wooly mammoth's fur guitar strings dyan! or trilobyte inlays! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2006, 12:33:48 AM »

Pare, parang bored ka yata sa mga gitara mo. You have so much time in hunting down bowteek guitar picks. Akin na lang ang mga guitars mo. :lol:
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2006, 02:29:33 AM »
Quote from: Letour
Pare, parang bored ka yata sa mga gitara mo. You have so much time in hunting down bowteek guitar picks. Akin na lang ang mga guitars mo. :lol:

ha ha... hindi naman sa bored pre.  i check out oodle (parang craigslist) on a regular basis to see kung may good deals in the area, and i saw this reference to an ebay ad.  weird 'no?  unless warak na yung mammoth tusk, why the heck will you waste such a historical artifact on guitar picks?

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2006, 02:37:42 AM »
Quote from: skunkyfunk
I think it is still relevant to the Guitar Forum.  You're asking for guitar soundclips right?

uuuyyy... miss mo na si oas?   :lol:

kidding aside, i'm surprised that, with your intelligence, you're trying to make an excuse and defend the reason why this post should exist in this forum.  the scope of this forum is:

"About guitars and guitarists, on the art and science of the six string. Includes effects, amps, etc."

Any reasonable person would agree that your post was meant to spark more controversy about your best friend who you miss na soooo much... uuuyyy.   Your post was NOT meant to get feedback on oasgomez -- the player, and therefore does not fall under the scope statement "about guitars and guitarists".

Why don't you just act like a big boy and say "yeah mga pre, medyo irrelevant post nga ito and let's just move it to the sex and relationships forum" or something like that.  

para ito yung google hirit mo.  alam mo na nga na naka-offend ka ng tao, and yet hanggang kamatayan eh i-de-defend mo pa rin yung ginawa mo.  kaano-ano mo si imelda marcos?

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2006, 02:59:01 AM »

kidding aside, i'm surprised that, with your intelligence, you're trying to make an excuse and defend the reason why this post should exist in this forum.  the scope of this forum is:

"About guitars and guitarists, on the art and science of the six string. Includes effects, amps, etc."

Any reasonable person would agree that your post was meant to spark more controversy about your best friend who you miss na soooo much... uuuyyy.   Your post was NOT meant to get feedback on oasgomez -- the player, and therefore does not fall under the scope statement "about guitars and guitarists".

Why don't you just act like a big boy and say "yeah mga pre, medyo irrelevant post nga ito and let's just move it to the sex and relationships forum" or something like that.  

para ito yung google hirit mo.  alam mo na nga na naka-offend ka ng tao, and yet hanggang kamatayan eh i-de-defend mo pa rin yung ginawa mo.  kaano-ano mo si imelda marcos?

I think Sir Mark should decide if it is fit for this forum or not.  

Don't get me wrong, I've also been shook by Mr. Oas a couple of times.  Take my word for it, NGAYON ALAM KO NA KUNG BAKIT MARAMING GALIT SA KANYA.  I used to see his posts at Livebands and he seems to be more behaved there.  But I think his real craphole is this forum.  So don't take this as a gesture of defending the guy.  All I wanted to know is it imperative to play for everyone?  Does it require someone to post soundclips of 300bpm licks thru a SLO or Herbert to justify his claims?  Or do we just want to discount the guy's claims by targeting him on the Achilles heel - his non-musicianship?

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2006, 03:02:17 AM »
take this tidbit from the other forums: no sound clips = no care.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline markflo

Will you shut up if...
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2006, 03:25:32 AM »
no one said you had to play good or fast...just play...and he can't even do that...anyway, i think it's time to move this thread elsewhere...

I think Sir Mark should decide if it is fit for this forum or not.  

Don't get me wrong, I've also been shook by Mr. Oas a couple of times.  Take my word for it, NGAYON ALAM KO NA KUNG BAKIT MARAMING GALIT SA KANYA.  I used to see his posts at Livebands and he seems to be more behaved there.  But I think his real craphole is this forum.  So don't take this as a gesture of defending the guy.  All I wanted to know is it imperative to play for everyone?  Does it require someone to post soundclips of 300bpm licks thru a SLO or Herbert to justify his claims?  Or do we just want to discount the guy's claims by targeting him on the Achilles heel - his non-musicianship?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline alkohol

Will you shut up if...
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2006, 03:34:51 AM »
if we all shut up this site will be useless and if the man will take the challenge to record his holy tone.. we will surely comment. our jaws might drop or we will kick his ass more...

the thing is I believe that every musician and soundmen have their own preference when it comes to tone. oas or some others might like the controversial US$4000 tone but some would surely react otherwise.

PS
pwede ba mag request? pa post naman ng mga pics nung amps at mga gitarang ipinagmamalaki ni "the man" mas maganda yung pati sya naka pose sa tabi nung mga equipments...[/list][/code]
"the more I learn, the more I see how dumb I am

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2006, 07:23:07 AM »
stratman and I had a chance to play guitargeek's Diezel..

Dan will post clips and pics at the SOCAL EB thread...

..that amp is PURE GAIN....nuff said.

It also sounds good attenuated with a Hotplate.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline geetar_geek79

• Forum Fanatic
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2006, 08:28:26 AM »
request naman mr. skunky, can you record the amps using reamping method para uniform yung riffs nya through different amps?  this way, distinguishable talaga yung mga amps dahil same riff/s, same mic placement, same cabs.  at the same time, di na paulit-ulit yung gitarista sa ire-record nyo.

Can you also do whatever botique amp mr oas has?  I think this will be helpful not only for people in this forum, but other people on the net who are searching for soundclips of the amps.

just a request....  :)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2006, 10:19:11 AM »
Quote from: geetar_geek79
request naman mr. skunky, can you record the amps using reamping method para uniform yung riffs nya through different amps?  this way, distinguishable talaga yung mga amps dahil same riff/s, same mic placement, same cabs.  at the same time, di na paulit-ulit yung gitarista sa ire-record nyo.

Can you also do whatever botique amp mr oas has?  I think this will be helpful not only for people in this forum, but other people on the net who are searching for soundclips of the amps.

just a request....  :)

Reamping would be nice but I think the main problem with that is you may lose some fidelity with the dry track recorded.  I look at the DI signal for reamping as a "fallback" track as the performance is preserved, but then, I would suggest playing through all the amps using the same riff....

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2006, 02:27:51 PM »
Judging from the members response in this forum majority wants OAS's balls on a plate!
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2006, 03:55:17 PM »
think of it this way...

if you proclaim yourself to be a real tone-nazi and claim to know what great tone is..

to prove it..

you have to back up your words with actions i.e soundclips of yourself generating the tone that you proclaim!

being a "musician" means having a major label debut and having a #1 hit.

so really none of us are musicians apart from Perf.

so you can't say "im not a musician so i can't produce soundclips.." that's a poor excuse. i'm not a musician but i've posted soundclips here before.

p.s. on my 8th beer.. :-&

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2006, 05:02:09 PM »
Quote from: stringman
Judging from the members response in this forum majority wants OAS's balls on a plate!

eeeewww...kaydiri :lol:
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2006, 05:25:31 PM »
I'll shut up if you stop making these threads about oas.  8)

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
Will you shut up if...
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2006, 05:47:37 PM »
just check out his posts sa "I saw prince..."  :evil: