hulika

Author Topic: power amp and speaker requirement para sa covered basketball court?  (Read 16068 times)

Offline hayewire

Hi mga sir ano po bang rating ng power amp ang kailangan para sa basketball court covered? at speaker wattage? ang event more on speaking at konting music.

pwede po kaya ito mga gamet na ito o kukulangin sa lakas?

2 pcs wharfedale 15" passive 2 way 600 watts music 1000watts max
700+700 watts power amp
1 pc sub passive 1000 watts and amp for sub
12 channel yamaha mixer
active crossover
31 band EQ

tnx po

Offline MixMan

ilang ang expected audience???

Offline hayewire

kung 200 po? yung gamit na nilista ko mga ilang tao po ang kaya nun? tnx po wala po kasi ako idea nde ko pa kasi na try

Offline ANDRE_SL

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Total Power (RMS rating) divided by 4 equivalent to number of audience unless it will be indoor. Different formula pag indoor varies how audience compress themselves in the venue....  divided by 2 is a safe factor.

Offline hayewire

total power po ng power amp or ng speaker? kung 700 watts left channel and 700 watts right channel ng power amp dapat po ba syang  add? kung sa speaker 1 pair 600 watts left channel, 600 watts right channel dapat ba sya add o isa lang ang biilang ng pair? isasama din po ba ang power amp ng sub sa computation? tnx po

Offline king_james

• Veteran Member
Hi mga sir ano po bang rating ng power amp ang kailangan para sa basketball court covered? at speaker wattage? ang event more on speaking at konting music.

pwede po kaya ito mga gamet na ito o kukulangin sa lakas?

2 pcs wharfedale 15" passive 2 way 600 watts music 1000watts max
700+700 watts power amp
1 pc sub passive 1000 watts and amp for sub
12 channel yamaha mixer
active crossover
31 band EQ

tnx po

Bro, for a basketball court size venue,  get a "horn-loaded" enclosure design.  Ang wharfedales kasi are good for indoor set-ups but not for the size of a basketball court.  A pair of good "horn-loaded" design boxes can easily cover an entire basketball court.

We use the DAS ST112 for outdoor set-ups and with large capacity audience.  :-)  :-)

http://dmxsrl.com.ar/cube/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1078

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Bro, for a basketball court size venue,  get a "horn-loaded" enclosure design.  Ang wharfedales kasi are good for indoor set-ups but not for the size of a basketball court.  A pair of good "horn-loaded" design boxes can easily cover an entire basketball court.

We use the DAS ST112 for outdoor set-ups and with large capacity audience.  :-)  :-)

http://dmxsrl.com.ar/cube/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1078

siR parang Electrotech ng Music Box it0 ha!

+1 dapat kapAg basketball c0urt size na venue mas 0k ang h0rn-l0aded desigN.  Mer0n new horn-loaded dual 12 mid-Hi ang Music B0x.  Dt0 daw nakapattern sa Blacka Acoustics-FESTIVAL 12: http://www.blackaacoustics.co.uk/speakers_fes_12.htm.  AnG c0de ay MB378.  :lol:

Offline hayewire

tnx po mga sir, pag po ba horn loaded speaker ginamit yung mga nasa unahan kaya ng stage at dulo same lang sound quality na maririnig o mas maganda yung sound quality ng nasa dulo? pwede din po ba ito sa indoor?

Offline king_james

• Veteran Member
tnx po mga sir, pag po ba horn loaded speaker ginamit yung mga nasa unahan kaya ng stage at dulo same lang sound quality na maririnig o mas maganda yung sound quality ng nasa dulo? pwede din po ba ito sa indoor?

Bro,  kami kasi usually in front of the stage (L & R).  Try to SPLAY the speaker boxes inward towards the audience area for best dispersion.  :-)  :-)

Ang horn-loaded kasi is a long-throw design meaning you only need LESS boxes as compared sa mga short-throw boxes like the wharfedales.  The sound will reach the backrow area with less distortion and with better clarity.  TRI-AMPED din ang FOH namin kaya kahit 1 per side lang, busog na.  8-)  8-)

Offline aquaracer168

• Veteran Member
what tri amped speakers do you recommend? do you need satellite speakers pag basketball court size venue?

sir what is the meaning of 90 x 40 wide dispersion?

Offline king_james

• Veteran Member
Re: power amp and speaker requirement para sa covered basketball court?
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
what tri amped speakers do you recommend? do you need satellite speakers pag basketball court size venue?

sir what is the meaning of 90 x 40 wide dispersion?

My DAS ST112 is a hornloaded mid-high enclosure that is designed for BI-amping, meaning you need two amps to power it.  One amp for the HF and another amp for the MID.  My LOW requires a seperate amp too.  So using 3 amps is an example of TRI-amping.  An external 3-way active crossover is also needed.  As opposed to Wharfedale's "fullrange" design meaning it has a built-in passive crossover/network inside the box that joins the HF and LF.  You can just use one amp to drive both the HF and LF but this limits your "dynamic range" and "SPL" as compared to BI-amping or even TRI-amping a system.  The Wharfedales can work efficiently on a closed, limited area but not the size of a basketball court unless you'll be setting-up DELAY TOWERS every 30 feet from the main stage. 

The 90 x 40 is the expected dispersion angle of your frequencies/signals. 90 degrees commonly is the horizontal dispersion and 40 degress is the vertical dispersion.  Yes, the 90x40 is wide dispersion. :-D  :-D

Offline aquaracer168

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 09:19:23 PM »
thanks for the info king_james!

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 08:16:05 AM »
siR parang Electrotech ng Music Box it0 ha!

+1 dapat kapAg basketball c0urt size na venue mas 0k ang h0rn-l0aded desigN.  Mer0n new horn-loaded dual 12 mid-Hi ang Music B0x.  Dt0 daw nakapattern sa Blacka Acoustics-FESTIVAL 12: http://www.blackaacoustics.co.uk/speakers_fes_12.htm.  AnG c0de ay MB378.  :lol:
i beg to differ.  the mb378 dual 12 horn loaded mid-hi enclosure is like this:

it's now the most powerful mid-hi design replacing 'electrotechs'. although a lot of groups are still using the electro since it's still a proven touring box.  a pair lang will conveniently cover the area of a basketaball court.  8-)  xstatic attempted to copy the 378s but theirs sounded differently.

the components of the of the mb378 are:

pa de99 2" compression driver with 4" voice coil 150w

c12 500mb 12" mid-bass speakers 4" voice coil 500w (x2)

8-)

Offline luffy

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 12:24:14 PM »
sir jef, magkano po ang mb378 box only, and loaded with drivers. thanks

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 01:48:25 PM »
sir jef, magkano po ang mb378 box only, and loaded with drivers. thanks

sir luffy we bought ours a year ago at 31thou per box (loaded)   8-) we have matched the wsx 18 subs with the 378s since the 378s can go as low as 100Hz without incurring mechanical damage and with minimal distortion  8-).

Offline luffy

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 01:55:53 PM »
thanks sir jeff. pa order na nga.  :-D i hope it is still around 30k. apology to hayewire for the diversion of topic. btw, i also have a friend who uses this MB378 for his band rentals. maganda din impression niya sa midtops na ito.

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 02:16:12 PM »
thanks sir jeff. pa order na nga.  :-D i hope it is still around 30k. apology to hayewire for the diversion of topic. btw, i also have a friend who uses this MB378 for his band rentals. maganda din impression niya sa midtops na ito.

sir just try to call or text music box2 at 09189308618 just to be sure.  before kasi dumaan kay xstatic ang orders namin  :-D

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 03:15:57 PM »

it's now the most powerful mid-hi design replacing 'electrotechs'. although a lot of groups are still using the electro since it's still a proven touring box.  a pair lang will conveniently cover the area of a basketaball court.  8-)  xstatic attempted to copy the 378s but theirs sounded differently.

8-)

SiR Jef, kung sa ganit0ng set-Up ang dadalhin m0 sa Il0il0/DinagYan festival, ilang 378 sa tingin m0 ang pweDe na? TnX  :-)

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 04:11:21 PM »
SiR Jef, kung sa ganit0ng set-Up ang dadalhin m0 sa Il0il0/DinagYan festival, ilang 378 sa tingin m0 ang pweDe na? TnX  :-)

hmmmm. total of 6 boxes i.e. 2-378s midtops and 4-wsx18 subs clustered on a 'mono' set-up.  8-)

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 07:35:06 AM »
hmmmm. total of 6 boxes i.e. 2-378s midtops and 4-wsx18 subs clustered on a 'mono' set-up.  8-)

SiR di ba masyad0ng k0nti ang 6 b0xes?  AnG subs siniset-up sa DinagYang festivaL ay hal0s 20 b0xes minimuM. . .?  :?

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 11:43:43 AM »
SiR di ba masyad0ng k0nti ang 6 b0xes?  AnG subs siniset-up sa DinagYang festivaL ay hal0s 20 b0xes minimuM. . .?  :?

i guess my 4 wsx18 subs will not match 20 'international' subs  :-D but in case i'll double my wsx18 subs to 8 boxes, i think this will match the 20 assorted subs in iloilo  :roll:. yung set-up area is not really huge naman.  but for my 378 mid-tops,  i'm pretty confident that a pair will do.  i already heard the 378s in marikina sports complex.  they only needed 4 boxes to cover a very huge area.   8-)

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 02:33:46 PM »
here.  just got this from a friend.  this is said to be the original design where the mb378 was patterned.  :-)

designed by a famous british audio professional.

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 05:37:19 PM »
here.  just got this from a friend.  this is said to be the original design where the mb378 was patterned.  :-)

designed by a famous british audio professional.

SiR, it0 daw ang nakiTa ng mga kaiBigan naMin sa pArking l0t ng MOA. 2 per side lang at bu0ng parking l0t ng M0A sak0p daw ng tun0g ng 378  :-o  maiprojecT ngA it0.

Offline Leonart

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 06:57:32 PM »

8-)

Narinig ko narin ito mga sir mas powerful nga talaga ito kaysa sa electrotech  :evil: kakainquire ko lang din kanina thru mail kay sir john of music box as of now ang price daw nito is P42030 per box.

Offline king_james

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 08:13:10 PM »
Narinig ko narin ito mga sir mas powerful nga talaga ito kaysa sa electrotech  :evil: kakainquire ko lang din kanina thru mail kay sir john of music box as of now ang price daw nito is P42030 per box.

+1  :wink:. A group in Marikina owns the 378s din.  At one event, my friends tested them and compared side by side with our DAS ST112.  SUKO kami! harhar.  Dito ko nalaman about the C12 500 na ito pala ang mids ng 378s.  Now my DAS ST112 are now equipped with the C12 500  :lol:  :lol:.  Same power and almost same ang response with the DAS 12G that were originally installed.