hulika

Author Topic: All About Strat  (Read 88614 times)

Offline Speed_Kills

• Forum Fanatic
Re: All About Strat
« Reply #400 on: June 02, 2008, 06:24:33 PM »
malaki ba pinagkaiba ng mij na strat sa mia?... :?quality?

Offline rainierito

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #401 on: June 02, 2008, 06:28:33 PM »
yung bago lang bro

na testing ko sya last time and it's vibey, comfortable the fretwires are good malalaki at rounded not the usual flat-top trapezoid look. the finish is nice,

sound wise it's just the same as the other am std for my ears, just alittle bit sustain. the look and feel of the guitar kinda makes you think it's better than it's predecessors and has mojo, but, again in the end, its better try it yourself first.

Offline rainierito

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #402 on: June 02, 2008, 06:31:42 PM »
malaki ba pinagkaiba ng mij na strat sa mia?... :?quality?

in general, para sa akin, price at ang "made in USA"-tag lang ang pinagkaiba. it's also the same with the mexican version.

pero sa maliliit na detalye heto, mij's electronics, hardware suck! 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 06:32:44 PM by rainierito »

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #403 on: June 02, 2008, 07:36:13 PM »
I have this Fender Floyd Rose Squier Series neck attached to a Mexican standard body. It is intonated and is always tuned right in the higher positions (near the headstock) But when I play the higher registers, (near the bridge) I find the tuning lowered so I have to bend it slightly when I play. This is very evident when playing Satriani's "Always with you, always with me" (tama ba ung title? heheh) when the verse is played an octave higher after the first chorus. I wonder if my strat's frets are not placed in the proper positions. I noticed this when I got another Strat that plays perfect. I think it couldnt be the setup because I setup my guitars and I have not experienced this problem in other guitars.

What could be the solution? Thanks for readin'
 Dito ko daw ipost!

Hey Its not the intonation?...

bro intonation adjustment sagot jan, given that the string height and neck relief is ok. i suggest get a tuner, tune the open string, then press at the 12th fret. pag flat, loosen the screw of the saddle (that will make it move away from the bridge), if sharp, tighten (saddle will move towards the bridge). tama ba ko guys? then tune again to get it perfectly in pitch, both open and 12th fret. tamad na ko magback read kung nasagot na eh.

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #404 on: June 03, 2008, 08:12:05 AM »
na testing ko sya last time and it's vibey, comfortable the fretwires are good malalaki at rounded not the usual flat-top trapezoid look. the finish is nice,

sound wise it's just the same as the other am std for my ears, just alittle bit sustain. the look and feel of the guitar kinda makes you think it's better than it's predecessors and has mojo, but, again in the end, its better try it yourself first.

nice... inimprove pa nga raw nila yung bridge?

Offline georgieporgy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #405 on: June 04, 2008, 07:14:05 AM »
check out the new mia strats... they got the vintage look back  :wink:
Vice Chancellor of the SD-1 COALITION

Offline Speed_Kills

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #406 on: June 04, 2008, 11:37:01 AM »
anu mas gusto niyong fender strat? custom shop or vintage? :-D

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #407 on: June 04, 2008, 12:38:38 PM »
anu mas gusto niyong fender strat? custom shop or vintage? :-D

Vintage ako hehe. Yung '57 strat non Re-Issue! :-D

Offline giftmones

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #408 on: June 04, 2008, 01:27:20 PM »
+1
mganda talaga ung twang twang ng strat!! :-D

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #409 on: June 04, 2008, 11:12:40 PM »
check out the new mia strats... they got the vintage look back  :wink:

IMHO, parang alanganin yung itsura ng bridge ng MIA standard ngayon.. 2 point pero bent saddles.. :| I think the MIA standards would've looked better if they stuck to the modern look.. may series naman sila na vintage-styled eh.

Offline rainierito

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #410 on: June 05, 2008, 05:15:22 AM »
they just went back to the basics, they listened to their loyal fenderooligans and the result nga ay ang 2008 am std...

imo they should have just made a new guitar line for those design alterations...
the am series was always been about innovation, experimenting in the unknown to achieve something iconic,

the new one is a back to basic one, which i think is good guitar pero sana gumawa nalang sila ng ibang line of series guitar for such a model. there's nothing new about the new am std. yung 2 point trem at huge fret lang ata ang nag stay. nothing modern about it anymore

dapat ginawa nila katulad ng vintage series, it has the hotrod vintage series which ads modern upgrades to the vintage series.

the MIM classic player series kicks the am std's pwet in terms of hot rodding the tele and strat. and it's cheaper.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 05:23:47 AM by rainierito »

Offline georgieporgy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #411 on: June 05, 2008, 06:28:27 AM »
they just went back to the basics, they listened to their loyal fenderooligans and the result nga ay ang 2008 am std...

imo they should have just made a new guitar line for those design alterations...
the am series was always been about innovation, experimenting in the unknown to achieve something iconic,

the new one is a back to basic one, which i think is good guitar pero sana gumawa nalang sila ng ibang line of series guitar for such a model. there's nothing new about the new am std. yung 2 point trem at huge fret lang ata ang nag stay. nothing modern about it anymore

dapat ginawa nila katulad ng vintage series, it has the hotrod vintage series which ads modern upgrades to the vintage series.

the MIM classic player series kicks the am std's pwet in terms of hot rodding the tele and strat. and it's cheaper.

it used to be that the highway one series was the "budget" mia strat, it also supported the vintage specs except for the  finishing, but nevertheless, i think the mia strats before and now still look and sound nice  :-D

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #412 on: June 05, 2008, 09:00:37 AM »
it used to be that the highway one series was the "budget" mia strat, it also supported the vintage specs except for the  finishing, but nevertheless, i think the mia strats before and now still look and sound nice  :-D
Yup it never changed for me either.

and if you want modern there's still the american deluxe hehe. :lol:

Offline georgieporgy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #413 on: June 06, 2008, 06:54:13 AM »
Yup it never changed for me either.

and if you want modern there's still the american deluxe hehe. :lol:

+1  :-D

Offline neil_tin

« Reply #414 on: June 06, 2008, 10:26:43 AM »
tutal it's all about strat and i really need help kasi i am planning on modyfying my squier strat. all stock pa kasi e. and i want to change my pups. specially sa bridge part. ung tugtugan namin is punk alternative, and my no. 1 priority is to cancel ung hum ko. im planning to get a hotrails for strat. kaso if you guys have any suggestions pls. i need it salamat po sainyong lahat. no bad comments pls. i dont need those pls. hehe

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #415 on: June 06, 2008, 01:23:15 PM »
tutal it's all about strat and i really need help kasi i am planning on modyfying my squier strat. all stock pa kasi e. and i want to change my pups. specially sa bridge part. ung tugtugan namin is punk alternative, and my no. 1 priority is to cancel ung hum ko. im planning to get a hotrails for strat. kaso if you guys have any suggestions pls. i need it salamat po sainyong lahat. no bad comments pls. i dont need those pls. hehe
SD hot rails na my men, ayus na yan.

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #416 on: June 06, 2008, 09:27:31 PM »
mga bro, ano masasabi ninyo sa Fast Track 1, Chopper at Cruiser pickups? ano yung magandang combination nung mga pickups na yun for blues and metal tones?

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #417 on: June 06, 2008, 09:34:45 PM »
Mga stratergurus, I upgraded all my pups to gold Lace Sensors. Dapat ba 250k pa rin ba ang volume pot ko?
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #418 on: June 06, 2008, 10:00:24 PM »
what's the difference between 250k and 500k pots?

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #419 on: June 06, 2008, 10:13:04 PM »
what's the difference between 250k and 500k pots?

250k pots give a darker tone.. it compliments the single coils on a strat really well.
500k pots of the other hand, are brighter.. that's why they're used more with humbuckers.

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #420 on: June 07, 2008, 12:28:29 AM »

get Fralins vintage hots or Suhr V60 LP's or Bare Knuckles Mothers Milk.
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline scuttlebutter

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #421 on: June 10, 2008, 09:02:09 AM »
i haven't tried the v60lp or the bare knuckles so i can't comment on them but the the fralin vintage hots are just super!

Offline mahavishnu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #422 on: June 10, 2008, 04:04:46 PM »
i haven't tried the v60lp or the bare knuckles so i can't comment on them but the the fralin vintage hots are just super!

i love my fralin vintage hot, theyre sensitive to attack, softpicking will give you bells while hardpicking cranks em amp

these were the clips that sold me to vintage hot
http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/Strat_Pickup_Sound_Clips_W1.cfm

Offline angeloesteban14

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #423 on: June 10, 2008, 05:27:06 PM »
ganda talaga ng strat!! kahit Squier lang ang strat ko!!!  :-D :-D

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #424 on: June 10, 2008, 06:28:09 PM »
Walang magawa so pasensya hehehe

Wanted to share some pics of myself with my strats...

My 40th Anniv Am strat Plus, '83 MIA strat (sold to Farseer. Hi Doc!), and my beloved Squire cherryburst standard (sold to Athanvai)

With the Squire. Old gig in QC.

The Squire in its full glory! Kahit squire lang yan namimiss ko yan.

My 40th anniv burst. I just love bursts obviously hehe

Si Johnny - JM sig strat