hulika

Author Topic: All About Strat  (Read 88594 times)

Offline schnitzerz4

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: All About Strat
« Reply #275 on: July 27, 2007, 02:09:17 AM »
WOW! ganda ng strat =)

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #276 on: July 27, 2007, 03:59:29 AM »
new member of the family:

aba aba sir mike.... matindi to! :-D

Offline micsis

• Veteran Member
« Reply #277 on: July 27, 2007, 02:47:55 PM »
mij 62 ri with bareknuckles apache pickups

relic '79 with CS '54 pickups

I'm standing on a ROCK and my name is on the ROLL

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #278 on: July 27, 2007, 03:16:53 PM »
nakakataranta naman mga strats ni micsis!

Offline gisan925

« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2007, 03:27:50 AM »
My '93, '94, '95 am std strats. 8-)

The classics and the soon to be classics
My '93, '94, '95 am std strats. 8-)

The classics and the soon to be classics

I LOVE SUNBURST STRATS! ganda!:D

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #280 on: July 28, 2007, 03:45:21 AM »
mij 62 ri with bareknuckles apache pickups

relic '79 with CS '54 pickups

sir mike...tulo laway ko sa sunburst nyo....whew!!!turo nyo naman saken kung san kayo nakakascore ng mga gitara nyo...hehehe... 8-)
black moon creeping...

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #281 on: July 29, 2007, 01:23:01 AM »
gaganda mga bossing ng strat nyo!!! :-D

Offline redballs17

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #282 on: July 29, 2007, 09:07:31 PM »
wow ganda ng mga strat....

itchybrain

« Reply #283 on: July 30, 2007, 10:58:54 AM »

this is a repost from my original post. thanks, sir PHIL. :) Ganda ng mga strats dito!!!   :-D

greetings to every axe-wielding master here. i'm a newbie here and at a stage in my life wanting to pursue my dream--- to own and play a Fender Guitar. i have a few questions that are in dire need to be answered.

i'm thinking of buying (and hoping to be able to learn to play it) a fender strat. what's the best deal: Fenders that are MIJ, MIM or US? i read in a post that MIJs are getting higher in value in recent years. i want to know why.  of course, the US ones are so expensive and i want to know the difference in terms of sound. which is better? what are the qualities in a FENDER GUITAR that i should look for?

i'm learning to play the blues and i have a used squier strat that i bought for practice. could you also give me tips on how to play the blues? suggested gear (ams, pedals, etc.)?

i'd appreciate your posts, masters. thanks and more power-chords.

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #284 on: July 30, 2007, 11:17:53 AM »

this is a repost from my original post. thanks, sir PHIL. :) Ganda ng mga strats dito!!!   :-D

greetings to every axe-wielding master here. i'm a newbie here and at a stage in my life wanting to pursue my dream--- to own and play a Fender Guitar. i have a few questions that are in dire need to be answered.

i'm thinking of buying (and hoping to be able to learn to play it) a fender strat. what's the best deal: Fenders that are MIJ, MIM or US? i read in a post that MIJs are getting higher in value in recent years. i want to know why.  of course, the US ones are so expensive and i want to know the difference in terms of sound. which is better? what are the qualities in a FENDER GUITAR that i should look for?

i'm learning to play the blues and i have a used squier strat that i bought for practice. could you also give me tips on how to play the blues? suggested gear (ams, pedals, etc.)?

Hello Itchybrain,

US Fenders have better hardware and has traditional tonewoods like alder and ash.

Japanese Fenders usually have zinc blocks and use basswood for the body though some     

high end Jap Fenders like the jap market only Japan Vintage series also use alder and ash.

You will find that some japanese fenders do sound better than the US ones but this is not

always the case. There are good and bad guitars in every pricerange, Having a US made

Fender does not guaratee a good tone. There are no guarantees for finding good guitars you

just have to weed out the bad from the good regardless of brand, where it was made, how   

old it is or what pricerange it belongs too.

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline sweeplikevai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #285 on: July 30, 2007, 03:54:33 PM »
nasira yata HTML, JPEG ng browser ko... tsk.. tsk.. :-D
everybody's talkin 'bout new sound,, funny but its still rock en roll to me..

Offline schnitzerz4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #286 on: July 31, 2007, 02:49:12 AM »
Pa share din po =)

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #287 on: July 31, 2007, 04:19:16 AM »
Pa share din po =)

bangis ng gear-tars mo sir, trip ko iyong poster ni hendrix...san mo nabili? how much?

Offline schnitzerz4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #288 on: July 31, 2007, 04:21:57 AM »
sa states bro pinadala ko dito =) kaso problem lang pagdating dito yukot yukot  :cry:

Offline rainierito

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #289 on: July 31, 2007, 04:30:18 AM »
Pa share din po =)

all tube amp nalang kulang... naka dalawang hybrid ka pa at acou amp...  :-D
gas man of the year!
kakainggit mga pedals mo

a john mayer strat at deluxe powerhouse strat (mex clapton strat) blooze na blooze ang mga strat wow!!!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 04:35:37 AM by rainierito »

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #290 on: July 31, 2007, 04:30:48 AM »
sa states bro pinadala ko dito =) kaso problem lang pagdating dito yukot yukot  :cry:

thanks sir..so dito mo na sya pinreym...

makapaghunt nga  :-D

Offline schnitzerz4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #291 on: July 31, 2007, 04:33:29 AM »
yup bro dito na =) sa may parksquare malapit sa JB ko pinagawa yung frame =)

to rainierito tube yumm yumm nga yun =) ipon muna ulit hehehhe

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2007, 04:57:51 AM »
wow..lupit naman ng gears mo schinertz...eto contribution ko...

its a 93 SQUIER strat silver series, i retained the original paint kaya ganyan yun itsura nya, it was repainted by the previous owner, inistrip ko ulit..mas trip ko kasi yun "relic'd look"...what you see is the guitar in its natural state, di sya sinadya na i-relic, ganyan talaga yun wood nya...this has been upgraded to mij bridge & tremblock, fender vintage alnico's, its still has the orginal gotoh tuners...its pictured here with its "partner"...my peavey delta blues...

black moon creeping...

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #293 on: July 31, 2007, 08:49:29 AM »
classic look ang ganda bro.. :-D

Offline pcalmaden

« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2007, 12:00:09 PM »
Pa share din po =)

sir, i bet you skip meals a big deal with this kind of setup.  :lol:
we also sell puto and other kakanin

Offline schnitzerz4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #295 on: July 31, 2007, 07:31:25 PM »
hehehehe twice a day na lang bro =)

Offline pcalmaden

« Reply #296 on: July 31, 2007, 08:42:38 PM »
hehe... you know what I remember the movie of kate hudson where she played the role of a groupie with the band "stillwaters".

Even the colors are very 70's. Nice setup bro. :)
we also sell puto and other kakanin

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2007, 05:36:51 AM »
hehe... you know what I remember the movie of kate hudson where she played the role of a groupie with the band "stillwaters".

thats "Almost Famous"...ok na movie yun... 8-)
black moon creeping...

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2007, 07:27:15 AM »

thats "Almost Famous"...ok na movie yun... 8-)

Kate Hudson - Penny Lane
Billy Crudup - Russell Hammond - guitarist
 and "the ENEMY" :-D

itchybrain

« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2007, 07:54:25 AM »

this is a repost from my original post. thanks, sir PHIL. :) Ganda ng mga strats dito!!!   :-D

Hello Itchybrain,

US Fenders have better hardware and has traditional tonewoods like alder and ash.

Japanese Fenders usually have zinc blocks and use basswood for the body though some     

high end Jap Fenders like the jap market only Japan Vintage series also use alder and ash.

You will find that some japanese fenders do sound better than the US ones but this is not

always the case. There are good and bad guitars in every pricerange, Having a US made

Fender does not guaratee a good tone. There are no guarantees for finding good guitars you

just have to weed out the bad from the good regardless of brand, where it was made, how   

old it is or what pricerange it belongs too.

thanks, sir bluenote. :) i appreciate it.:)