hulika

Author Topic: SABIAN Cymbals and Products Thread  (Read 185448 times)

Offline rhanen28

• Veteran Member
Re: SABIAN Cymbals and Products Thread
« Reply #375 on: January 24, 2008, 07:45:16 AM »
dapat nagantay na lang ako!!  :-(

Be a part of drumnation!
www.drumnation.tk!!

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #377 on: January 24, 2008, 06:59:01 PM »
hmmm. . .

it seems that it is an entry level cymbal pero maganda yung quality. . .

b8 bronze pero AA type hammering. . .
(think paiste 2002)

hmm. . . pwede xa ah. . . :) hehe

NO TXT spelling please.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 05:42:11 PM by Akira JUMBO »
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline 9_spiral

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #378 on: January 25, 2008, 08:46:03 PM »
ayos tunog ng apx ah...naku magkano naman kaya presyo nito pag lumabas?

Offline rubb3rduck

• Netizen Level
HELP please! Sabian XS20 Cymbals
« Reply #379 on: March 02, 2008, 11:30:51 AM »
I've been doing a lot of research over the net and it seems to me these are what suits me (beginner: been playing for 3 months) and the best I can afford for the moment. The Sabian website says these are B20 cast cymbals for the price of sheet. I'll use these for home practice only as I don't have a band yet. I'm looking at buying the XS20 Performance Pack. Have you guys owned/used these before? Can you please give reviews/advice to help me decide? Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 11:36:40 AM by rubb3rduck »

Offline kibohead

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #380 on: March 02, 2008, 04:17:28 PM »
I used to have an Xs20 crash and ride. so far the rock models of Xs20 are better compared to the mediums.

The Rock Xs20 has a stronger &  more defined Bell, since this model is built heavier, they produce more wash but it's release is shorter compared to the mediums. I'll definitely go for the rock models of Xs20. Buying the cymbal package comes a free 18" crash...i don't know if it's still available.

Xs20 cymbal model is more of a blending cymbal...it's not like the cutting cymbals you hear on casted models like (e.g. AA, AAx) and to those sheet cymbals (e.g. B8 and B8Pro).

The good side of Xs20 is their durability and affordability considering that this cymbal line is casted and made with B20 bronze(said to be the most or if not one of the most expensive alloys).

The Pack also comes with a cymbal bag and expanding on this model is easy. They have a splash and a china, both sound sound decently.

But if you have a a bigger budget, try considering AA models. Most Rock drummers and heavy hitters prefer this model because of it's cutting ,explosive power and durability.

Goodluck there bro. Hope this helps. :-)

Offline rubb3rduck

• Netizen Level
« Reply #381 on: March 04, 2008, 08:42:38 AM »
Thanks for the help bro, well appreciated! :lol: I have some more questions though...
1.) Is the Rock Pack more versatile than the Performance Pack? Coz I was thinking the Rock Pack is for rock/heavy playing while the Performance Pack is suited best for versatile playing. I haven't heard these live in action so I could use some more info.
2.) Are Sabians exclusively distributed by Yupangco? Would you know where I could get the best deals?

P.S. Thanks to the Mods for moving my post to the appropriate thread.  :-D

Offline kibohead

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #382 on: March 04, 2008, 10:38:30 PM »
Hello again sir, I think buying a cymbal set(e.g. Xs20 pack) is much cheaper than to be bought seperately.

Typically, mediums are more versatile compared to any model. It's better to know on what genre you'll be using these cymbals. It's still your call sir, I think it would be wiser if you would visit any yupanggco branch for you to hear and judge what specific model you are looking for.

Based on my experience, these Xs20 mediums have a good action, decay, but seem to scatter on its release(yung buntot na tunog after ng decay), especially the Xs20 ride 20" which i put tapes just to lessen the overtones...hehehe, but that's just me sir.

Hope this helps you. Sabian is a good cymbal... it only depends on what model you'll be hitting which is based on the drummer's taste.

Offline rubb3rduck

• Netizen Level
« Reply #383 on: March 05, 2008, 08:53:28 AM »
Thanks for the help kibohead, sound practical advice for sure!

Offline vnavpath

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #384 on: March 05, 2008, 11:33:48 AM »
If you have a friend/relative sa US pwede a pabili ng XS Performance pack na mura. Plus may free additional cymbals pa yun depende sa promo (Guitarcenter/SAMASH) who knows maka libre ka pa ng either 10 IN Splash, 18 in crash, cymbal bag etc. good luck

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #385 on: May 10, 2008, 05:00:06 AM »
Balik loob ako sa drums ngayon mga bro and I'm hoping to get some advice sana...

I'm planning to add another crash to my arsenal. I don't plan to replace anything as of now but here's my current.

B8pro ride and hats
AAX splash, china, 16" bright crash

Ano bang ok na crash na idagdag? I was planning on an 18" ok ba yun na pang complement sa 16" ko? AA or AAX? I know this is a noob question and I might get the google it answers pero I'll take the risk hehe big fan of sabians kse. Ayoko lumipat hehehe

thanks!

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Are Sabian Metal-X cymbals durable enough for the hardest hitters?
« Reply #386 on: May 14, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »
Are Sabian Metal-X cymbals durable enough for the hardest hitters?

I just wonder, say I want to invest on cymbals for a rehearsal studio, can the Sabian Metal-X cymbals be tough enough, for the most awkward and aggressive drummers?

*Topic merged.

- Pinoydrums Moderator

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 12:47:31 AM by drumster »

Offline plep

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Are Sabian Metal-X cymbals durable enough for the hardest hitters?
« Reply #387 on: May 14, 2008, 09:32:14 PM »
yes, but for a studio they'd be too expensive. you're better off getting b8's or zb/x/ht's. or the rock cymbals from stagg, if you want something that would sound better than those budget models.

Offline drumnation

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Are Sabian Metal-X cymbals durable enough for the hardest hitters?
« Reply #388 on: May 15, 2008, 04:50:24 PM »
yes, but for a studio they'd be too expensive. you're better off getting b8's or zb/x/ht's. or the rock cymbals from stagg, if you want something that would sound better than those budget models.
+1
I\'M INVITING YOU ALL TO JOIN US!!! THANK YOU http://www.drum-nation.tk DRUMMERS UNITE! DRUM NATION!

Offline 9_spiral

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #389 on: May 15, 2008, 11:34:40 PM »
Balik loob ako sa drums ngayon mga bro and I'm hoping to get some advice sana...

I'm planning to add another crash to my arsenal. I don't plan to replace anything as of now but here's my current.

B8pro ride and hats

Ano bang ok na crash na idagdag? I was planning on an 18" ok ba yun na pang complement sa 16" ko? AA or AAX? I know this is a noob question and I might get the google it answers pero I'll take the risk hehe big fan of sabians kse. Ayoko lumipat hehehe

thanks!

as for the size, go for the 18" na..para maging dominant naman cya sa 16" mo...as for the series kung AA or AAX...depends sa ears mo pa rin eh...pero if I were to choose...I would go for AAX na...since AAX na rin ung isang crash mo and china..so para magmatch na cya na "modern bright" ang sound. Traditional bright kasi ung AA, pero yes maganda pa rin cya.

still, the final decision will be your preferences. you can hear the sound samples naman from the site, pero better hear them personally. :-D

Offline alvin_11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #390 on: May 15, 2008, 11:39:44 PM »
ever heard of sabian 19" tony verderosa sig. ride? reviews naman  :-)
alvin.

Offline drumnation

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #391 on: May 16, 2008, 12:57:04 AM »

B8pro ride and hats

thanks!
try sabian's AA for brightness and body and HHX for dark sounding cymbals  :-)
I\'M INVITING YOU ALL TO JOIN US!!! THANK YOU http://www.drum-nation.tk DRUMMERS UNITE! DRUM NATION!

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #392 on: May 19, 2008, 01:53:35 AM »
thanks for the replies guys! i'm leaning now on the studio or stage crash (forgot which one) na AAX or the Vault na Chad Smith but I like the AAx sound for now. still saving up anyway so it's still a long way. bago ko lang din kse nalaman may sound samples pala. at least I know how it sounds already and I'm able to try whatever cymbal online and have the freedom to order and feel safe that I chose the right cymbal

Offline Thechief

« Reply #393 on: May 19, 2008, 02:33:49 PM »
yung mga b8 pro ba ngayon kasing tibay parin nung dati?? nakabili ako sa classifieds dati mejo luma na pero yun ang tumagal na cymbal sa studio namin. hanggang ngayon ok pa.. balak ko bumili ng performance set eh..

Offline 9_spiral

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #394 on: June 07, 2008, 10:31:43 PM »
mga sir, ask ko lang kung ano pong sabian hi-hat ito? wala na kasing logos eh...ung engraved na lang ung natira na magpapatunay na sabian cya hehe...pansinin nyo ung linings..

« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:37:03 PM by 9_spiral »

Offline plep

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #395 on: June 07, 2008, 11:38:38 PM »
9 spiral:
mukha yang b8 dahil sa kulay at lathing

Offline 9_spiral

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #396 on: June 07, 2008, 11:43:58 PM »
9 spiral:
mukha yang b8 dahil sa kulay at lathing

ah...ung kulay nya kasi dahil sa kalumaan...ano ba ang totoong finish nito? gusto ko sana bumalik kasi ung dating finish...anu po ba pwedeng gawin?

Offline plep

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #397 on: June 08, 2008, 02:04:28 AM »
ganyan nga kulay ng lumang b8. pag reddish kasi b8. pag yellowish, b20. tsaka alam nating b8 yan at hindi b8 pro dahil malaki agwat nung lathing. pino yung lathing ng b8pro e.

kung gusto mo ibalik ang dating itsura, ilinis mo na lang ng todo. paliguan mo, sabunin, banlawan, tapos banatan ng cymbal cleaner. kaso sa lagay na yan baka mahirapan ka lang para sa wala.

Offline Darel

« Reply #398 on: June 08, 2008, 09:41:51 PM »
mga sir,para saang genre ba yung sabian El Sabor?sino na meron dito sa forum?

salamat po...
"Fate is building a bridge of chance for someone you Love..."

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #399 on: June 08, 2008, 09:45:42 PM »
Napansin ko sa mga shops like Yupango, perfect pitch, they dont advertise their products. Halos wala silang sale (ang pagkaalam ko). Kaya ako bihira bumili ng Sabian eh.
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"