hulika

Author Topic: Anyone have the Xotic RC Booster?  (Read 5650 times)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Anyone have the Xotic RC Booster?
« on: July 12, 2006, 05:48:51 PM »
I am thinking of getting the Xotic RC Booster to feed my GAS attack. Anyone have this pedal? I would appreciate any thoughts and opinions on the performance, durability, and usefulness of this pedal. Also, do you ever turn this pedal off, or do you just kick it in for specific parts of a song?
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 06:16:16 PM »
dude, both markflo and leech have one in their rigs. you might want to ask them about it :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 09:27:36 PM »
Pound, what was that pedal you told me about ? Power booster ba yun ? The one we were supposed to reverse-engineer ?
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Kulas

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 09:41:37 PM »
i've tried that pedal. hanep yung clean boost nya. ganda. adds more twang to your strat and bite to your humbuckers.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 10:26:08 PM »
Quote from: BAMF
Pound, what was that pedal you told me about ? Power booster ba yun ? The one we were supposed to reverse-engineer ?

bro, it's the HBE Power Screamer. as far as i know, it's based on the TS-808 but it has a boost switch as well.. :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 05:35:04 AM »
Kulas,
Some people say thwy just leave this pedal on, others only kick it in at certain times. IS this possible form your usage of the item? I am just looking for something that will give me a bit of clarity and punch in my lead tone and crunch tone.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 05:46:02 AM »
Quote from: abyssinianson
Kulas,
Some people say thwy just leave this pedal on, others only kick it in at certain times. IS this possible form your usage of the item? I am just looking for something that will give me a bit of clarity and punch in my lead tone and crunch tone.

sir, ok po ung booster. its also ok to leave it on like the bbe sonic stomp. really nice. blanket taken off your amp. tried the rack mount too and we use it for out radio station. you can also put numerous bossters on your rig. it really depends on the usage. if you want a cheap boost pedal, try the mxr microamp. hope this helps.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 06:49:43 AM »
there is a rack version of the Xotic pedal? if you were talking about the BBE instead, then yes, this is true; it really is an amazing piece of gear and I have been a longtime user of the BBE rackmount. However, I am planning to take the BBE out of my signal chain and use the Xotic instead.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 07:13:52 AM »
there is a rack version of the Xotic pedal? if you were talking about the BBE instead, then yes, this is true; it really is an amazing piece of gear and I have been a longtime user of the BBE rackmount. However, I am planning to take the BBE out of my signal chain and use the Xotic instead.

sorry, no rack mount for the xotic. bro, best if you use both. the bbe right before the amp(end of the signal chain) and the xotic, anywhere you see fit.
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline Kulas

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 07:44:13 AM »
Kulas,

yup, i think you can leave it on then just use an od pedal for the extra boost. it really gives your cleans the extra edge.

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 09:31:34 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kulas,

bro, get a BBE sonic maximizer and leave it on all the time.... you can actually get your "punch" and "clarity there by tweaking the lo contour and process knobs.... the xotic rc booster gives you attitude. :D  and is very usefull for lead parts.... you can also add more gain to your crunches... but note... it doesnt alter or add colouration to your tone... very transparent tong pedal toh...  :D  it has 4 knobs....GAIN, VOLUME, TREBLE, BASS.....what else woud you need? 8)  

get both pedals then put the bbe in the end of the chain and the xotic rc booster in front of the chain.... coz it also prevents tonal loss if you have an enormous pedal board... :D
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline markflo

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 09:46:57 AM »
yea..the rc booster is great...i only have it on my clean chain though. ok na ok siya...it really adds personality to your clean tone...without coloring it...if that makes sense...

ok din yung bbe sonic stomp. i leave mine on all the time...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 09:51:59 AM »
Quote from: markflo
yea..the rc booster is great...i only have it on my clean chain though. ok na ok siya...it really adds personality to your clean tone...without coloring it...if that makes sense...

ok din yung bbe sonic stomp. i leave mine on all the time...

I have a BBE rackmount unit; I've been a longtime user of it, actually. However, I was curious about what the RC Booster could do for my signal chain since the "Reality Web Series" footage they have really shows a lot of potential for the pedal in my rig.

Offline markflo

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 10:01:39 AM »
what kind of music do you play absyn?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Kulas

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 11:12:19 AM »
yup, i agree with the "no coloration" part. it just basically boosts the signal of your guitar. with added eq controls pa. so it sort of adds "character" to your tone. grabe pero i think this goes for $200? tama ba? or more pa? hehe

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 11:22:54 AM »
Kulas Posted: 07-13-2006 11:12 AM    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yup, i agree with the "no coloration" part. it just basically boosts the signal of your guitar. with added eq controls pa. so it sort of adds "character" to your tone. grabe pero i think this goes for $200? tama ba? or more pa? hehe

bro, i got mine for $179 lang....brand new!! :D  :D  :D
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline Kulas

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 11:28:38 AM »
$179? shaks! mahal parin! hehehe.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 11:36:41 AM »
Hot item pala ang boosters ha...hehehe. Sige, I'll double time on work on the BAMFbooster ehhehe.

By the way, anyone of you want to volunteer an old Tubescreamer or TS7 for conversion into a full booster ? Zero labor cost, I just need a guinea pig. Actually, not really kasi figgered out na naman ang theory of this...remove lang the clip stage and the "brown" capacitor for a transparent boost.

Offline markflo

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 11:45:17 AM »
BAMF you should make a website for your pedals...bili ako pag uwi ko!

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 12:06:16 PM »
Honga. Haven't even gotten to writing down the "menu" of mods and services :D . Grabe pa backlog ng main biz ko e. Saka na muna libog, tsibog muna hehehehe.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 10:00:23 PM »

OT: BRO, READY NA CUSTOM PSU MO. padal ko jan this august or september.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 01:03:11 AM »

'Flo,
I play mainly heavy metal/ progressive type of music pero depende din sa current project. Lately, its been more jazz fusion and blues. I like my tone but I always wondered what I could do with the RC Booster if I had one. I usually play jazzy stuff and blues with a clean tone from my amps. A bit of grit now and then is added via a Fulltone Fulldrive. I can prolly get the RC for around 179 or so. That amount seems to be the lowest that I can find them.

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 01:46:38 AM »

sir BAMF gawan ko kayo ng site pro libre nyo ko pa mod gusto ko kasi lahat ng stomps ko true bypass pwede bah???
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 04:13:10 AM »
if you can make a kickass site with flash animation, paypal gateways and shopping carts, I have a deal for you altogether. Money's in it for you :D

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 08:28:32 AM »

'Flo,
I play mainly heavy metal/ progressive type of music pero depende din sa current project. Lately, its been more jazz fusion and blues. I like my tone but I always wondered what I could do with the RC Booster if I had one. I usually play jazzy stuff and blues with a clean tone from my amps. A bit of grit now and then is added via a Fulltone Fulldrive. I can prolly get the RC for around 179 or so. That amount seems to be the lowest that I can find them.
$173 Ebay free shipping.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info