hulika

Author Topic: guitars you lost/sold......and regret it  (Read 9364 times)

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
guitars you lost/sold......and regret it
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2006, 06:54:06 PM »
^^ +100! :D

Pede nang pang Maalala mo Kaya yaN!!!  :D

Sayang yung gitara. Pero better just lose the guitar than your life. :wink:
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2006, 08:02:17 PM »
Quote from: R0B1EP061
Quote from: pallas
oo nga pala; before my ibanez craze; i lost a wave of washburn N4's and a custom made lespaul given to me by s. hudson.  :cry:

Fill us more with the slash axe. Paano binigay sa iyo? How was he? Story ka naman :D

alright; alam na ni mark flo to pero here it goes!

i was once a roadie/sound engineer for my step dad's sound reinforcement company and i was under his payroll. We had a gig in chicago years back doing a paulina rubio show. If im not mistaken one of the guys in the crew mentioned "Slash's Snakepit" was in town so i did like any guitar player would do; bail out on my own gig. hehehehehe!

So i did leave and went to Slash's gig. I looked for his manager being that he's good friend's with my step dad and smooth talked my way in; basically bullsh1tt1ng my way in. How hard could it be? Everyone was already drunk hehehe. I stood by the guitar techs area motioning to Slash so he could see me; and then before i know it, he motioned towards me too; and as guitar player what would you do? I grabbed one of his spares and went on stage with him played a heavy @ss version of funky music as a closing song......

After that; brew started pouring some more and as a 19-20'ish year old kid back then, i looked like an awesome specimen. I was already having quite a few when slash decided to give me "balde" sized mug filled with Sam Adams to top. He goes "If you down that muthafucck@, ill let you pick any guitar on the rack, you in?" And of course i was "in" for it.

So i started pounding the mug; and before i know it im pretty much about to hurl on everone's face. so being the smart kid that i was, i "pretended" that i was drinkin non stop. Alam niyo yun? parang lumulunok parin kayo pero nde naman talaga! hehehehe!

I was trying to  breath and get some more air in my system thinkin that im gonna have slash's lespaul at the end of this night. It wasnt really that hard coz their wasted already with beer and something else!

So slam goes the mug; everybody clapping; me trying not barf; it was done! So off we go to the guitar rack with his tech. First i picked one of his tobacco burst guitars because i really liked it and his tech says "pick something else; something gibson really made....how bout this?" ( so i get it that slash's main les pauls are not really gibson? but marked gibson?) He hands me a nice blue AAAAA flame mapled top les paul and he goes like "i think that's a class 5 five paul, take it!"

So before they all changed their minds i bailed out without even saying thanks to slash hehehehehehe.

A year after passed by and i had a motorcycle accident. Broken fingers, hands and a broken heart coz there goes all my N4's including this paul because i had to pay for the bike that i wrecked.  :cry:  

So there you go folks! One of the guitars that i really regret losing!

galing... what an experience!

Offline R0B1EP061

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2006, 11:26:49 PM »
Quote from: markthevirtuoso
^^ +100! :D

Pede nang pang Maalala mo Kaya yaN!!!  :D

Sayang yung gitara. Pero better just lose the guitar than your life. :wink:

Thanks man! I remember going through all the physical therapy for my right hand. It was a painful experience but it probably happened for a reason.

Maalala mo kaya? hehehe; who's gonna play slash's role? hehehehe

Offline R0B1EP061

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2006, 11:28:47 PM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn
oo nga pala; before my ibanez craze; i lost a wave of washburn N4's and a custom made lespaul given to me by s. hudson.  :cry:

Fill us more with the slash axe. Paano binigay sa iyo? How was he? Story ka naman :D

i was once a roadie/sound engineer for my step dad's sound reinforcement company and i was under his payroll. We had a gig in chicago years back doing a paulina rubio show. If im not mistaken one of the guys in the crew mentioned "Slash's Snakepit" was in town so i did like any guitar player would do; bail out on my own gig. hehehehehe!

So i did leave and went to Slash's gig. I looked for his manager being that he's good friend's with my step dad and smooth talked my way in; basically bullsh1tt1ng my way in. How hard could it be? Everyone was already drunk hehehe. I stood by the guitar techs area motioning to Slash so he could see me; and then before i know it, he motioned towards me too; and as guitar player what would you do? I grabbed one of his spares and went on stage with him played a heavy @ss version of funky music as a closing song......

After that; brew started pouring some more and as a 19-20'ish year old kid back then, i looked like an awesome specimen. I was already having quite a few when slash decided to give me "balde" sized mug filled with Sam Adams to top. He goes "If you down that muthafucck@, ill let you pick any guitar on the rack, you in?" And of course i was "in" for it.

So i started pounding the mug; and before i know it im pretty much about to hurl on everone's face. so being the smart kid that i was, i "pretended" that i was drinkin non stop. Alam niyo yun? parang lumulunok parin kayo pero nde naman talaga! hehehehe!

I was trying to  breath and get some more air in my system thinkin that im gonna have slash's lespaul at the end of this night. It wasnt really that hard coz their wasted already with beer and something else!

So slam goes the mug; everybody clapping; me trying not barf; it was done! So off we go to the guitar rack with his tech. First i picked one of his tobacco burst guitars because i really liked it and his tech says "pick something else; something gibson really made....how bout this?" ( so i get it that slash's main les pauls are not really gibson? but marked gibson?) He hands me a nice blue AAAAA flame mapled top les paul and he goes like "i think that's a class 5 five paul, take it!"

So before they all changed their minds i bailed out without even saying thanks to slash hehehehehehe.

A year after passed by and i had a motorcycle accident. Broken fingers, hands and a broken heart coz there goes all my N4's including this paul because i had to pay for the bike that i wrecked.  :cry:  

His lespaul copy is a guitar made by the late great Tony Zemaitis.
The roadie for sure didnt want you to have that. Its worth a ton of dough. :shock:
COOL STORY PRE 8)

i bet it cost a ton of money....that guitar had so much mojo man you can just feel it!  8)

DEMMMM!!! nice story bro! nakarecover ka na ba sa injuries mo?

i did man pero my right hand is not what it used to be anymore.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2006, 04:39:26 AM »
Di bale, Rob. Basta gumagana pa ang Left hand mo. Ayos yan. Para feeling ibang tao ang humahawak sa iyo... Ay!!! Bastos talaga ako! Sensya na... erase, erase, erase, hehe :twisted:  :lol:

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2006, 08:24:26 AM »
Hey Rob what was the bike you smashed...a HARLEY?
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline R0B1EP061

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2006, 09:50:10 AM »

that time it was a brand new suzuki gsxr 750. bent forks, dented fuel tank, broken handle bars and damaged frame. in short, TOTAL!  #-o

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2006, 01:17:41 AM »

that time it was a brand new suzuki gsxr 750. bent forks, dented fuel tank, broken handle bars and damaged frame. in short, TOTAL!  #-o

a ninja bike... :shock: ouch..sweet ride 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2006, 02:38:06 AM »
Quote from: stratman1
Di bale, Rob. Basta gumagana pa ang Left hand mo. Ayos yan. Para feeling ibang tao ang humahawak sa iyo... Ay!!! Bastos talaga ako! Sensya na... erase, erase, erase, hehe :twisted:  :lol:
sira!!!
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2006, 04:21:53 AM »

The roadie for sure didnt want you to have that. Its worth a ton of dough. :shock:

kaya naman pala.  akala ko kung sino lang na gumagawa ng copy!  Slash never recored with the pauls Gibson gave him... only with those two copies plus another paul he bought off a collector that supposedly used to belong to Joe Perry.

Offline yeji

« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2006, 05:26:09 AM »

COOL STORY PRE 8)

I second that.....cool story  :)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2006, 07:03:22 AM »
Quote from: tele-tubby

kaya naman pala.  akala ko kung sino lang na gumagawa ng copy!  Slash never recored with the pauls Gibson gave him... only with those two copies plus another paul he bought off a collector that supposedly used to belong to Joe Perry.

...which Perry got from Duane Allman :shock:

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2006, 07:23:33 AM »
tama!!!  i have this magazine (vintage guitar) where slash says he bought the damn lespaul for $8000 lang?!!!! this was back in 1992... syet...

Offline tony2tone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2006, 07:29:37 AM »
Quote from: tele-tubby

yup heard that, story too, Joe was begging Slash to give it back to him, he eventually gave it back to Joe on his birthday as a gift. :lol:

The Blues is the Roots, everything else is the Fruits.-Willie Dixon