hulika

Author Topic: Have a guitar  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Boddhisattva

• Veteran Member
Have a guitar
« on: July 21, 2006, 09:06:17 AM »
An Article on Guitars is on Philippine Star YS Section. Ari Hipolito is mentioned in the article. Check it out.
Give it all you\'ve got, but slowly - Chuck Mangione

Offline ericbaquiran

• Forum Fanatic
Have a guitar
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 10:02:21 AM »

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Have a guitar
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 10:33:29 AM »
funny how they all have different opinions about where he lives :lol:

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
Have a guitar
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 01:15:18 PM »
this one line made my day

Kris Gorra-Dancel: .....  "So I got me a red guitar with a Floyd Rose bridge, which was definitely not suited to the kind of music I played and gave me head..."

OMG lol hehe. i realized na may kadugtungan pa pala...

good read btw.

"I also owned a semi-hollow, lipstick-pickup Danelectro that was pretty cheap and matched the personality of my band at the time, Fatal Posporos. "

is this the one thats for sale sa buy and sell?

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Have a guitar
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 01:54:55 PM »
so Arie is form Espana Quezon city?

wow no Satch fans? ....no boutique equipment fan din? ....they should try borrowing stuff from oasgomez. :wink:
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Have a guitar
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 09:08:56 PM »
Technically, Sampaloc area pa rin si Arie. But he lives only 3 (small) streets away from Welcome Rotonda/Mayon Ave., thus the confusion. :lol:

I actually got lost the first time I went there.
Akala ko malaking bahay yung kay Arie...(I was a street away), & I found myself talking - well, halos sign-language to an old chinese man. From another person's point of view, para kaming nag-air guitar jam sa harap ng bahay niya. Just to get the word "guitar" across. :lol:

Offline youarehere

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Have a guitar
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 09:23:17 PM »
Quote from: paengkee

"I also owned a semi-hollow, lipstick-pickup Danelectro that was pretty cheap and matched the personality of my band at the time, Fatal Posporos. "

is this the one thats for sale sa buy and sell?

yes sir hehe

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
Have a guitar
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 09:24:03 PM »
nice article!! i hope it draws more interests in guitars and in (rock) music in general...

from the looks of it, Francis seems to be an advocate of the "Tone is in your fingers" crowd.

Offline RonnieA

Arie!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 10:24:43 PM »
Hi Guys,

Actually, the article says mainly that Filipinos are very diverse when it comes to music. From Jazz to rock to heavy metal and all. We have come a long way from the Pinoy Rock Genre and have basically etablished ourselves in almost every type of music.
      Francis Reyes, although known for  his riffs in Rock, is basically influenced by Jazz (methey, Hall and Wes.) Intersteting to see that. It also enumerates how each musician approaches their genre.  I particluarly like Johnny's approach in practicing. " waiting for the coffee to brew" while praticing.

My wife recently wrote her thoughts in coffee brewing --- how it is kinda an artform. How it is hypnotic at one point--just hearing the coffee drips and in kinda gave me an insight on that as well. Ang galing!

Anyway, Yung lang!

Thanks and God Bless you Guys!
      RonnieA

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
Have a guitar
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 01:06:44 AM »
Ari naman sila ng Ari e.  Parang Xerex tuloy...  :mrgreen: