hulika

Poll

Which would you choose?

Pearl Eliminator chain
Pearl Eliminator belt
Tama Iron Cobra chain
Tama Iron Cobra belt

Author Topic: The DOUBLE BASS PEDAL Thread  (Read 18880 times)

Offline ginger1234567890

• Philmusicus Noobitus
The DOUBLE BASS PEDAL Thread
« on: July 26, 2006, 09:49:32 PM »
Hello to all,
newbie here. i've been thinking of buying a double pedal for my kit. i have three choices:

a. sonor double pedal worth php10,+++
b. pearl double pedal worth php11,+++
c. gibraltar double pedal worth php8,+++

if you guys have tried any of these or have any suggestions i'd be happy to hear them. thanks so much.

Offline suspendead

sonor, gibraltar or pearl double peds?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 11:54:01 PM »
one word: PEARL
Matibay at ok for starters, yung lang...
" I HEAR VOICES AND THEY DON'T LIKE YOU "

Offline autoexec

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 12:46:58 AM »
Gibraltar nalang ako!
Mura na mativay fa! :lol:

Offline Eni

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 05:28:36 AM »
pearl elims ftw

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 10:21:03 AM »
Kahit P122TW lang yan, yang Pearl pa rin kukunin ko.  :wink:

Offline ginger1234567890

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 11:28:09 PM »
thanks for the info guys, i'll keep all your opinions in consideration

then i'll post a pic of my son-to-be-peds, once i have decided na

8)  8)  8)

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: sonor, gibraltar or pearl double peds?
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 06:41:59 PM »
Quote from: ginger1234567890
Hello to all,
newbie here. i've been thinking of buying a double pedal for my kit. i have three choices:

if you guys have tried any of these or have any suggestions i'd be happy to hear them. thanks so much.

sir. pearl! di hamak na mas maganda ang pearl sa sonor. kung kumpara mo naman pearl sa gibraltar(depende sa model) eh halos same quality pero mas maganda pa din ang pearl. wala akong nagustuhang peds ng sonor at gibraltar.
PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE....

Offline metalmanmiggy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 08:24:46 PM »
pearl tol. wag mo bilhin un sonor o gilbraltr.

Offline cvic3

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 11:24:59 PM »
Pearl eliminator..tol
asd

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 01:36:29 PM »
oo tol :wink:

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 02:42:15 PM »
I'd go 4 d gibraltar. An eliminator is better. An Iron Cobra double pedal would be he best!!!! mahal nga lang 17k
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »
Quote from: drummerboy827
An Iron Cobra double pedal would be he best!!!! mahal nga lang 17k

mas mahal ang eliminator. its around 20k. the best ang iron cobra dati. nung wala pa ang eliminator. in short kasi.. halos lahat features ng tama cobra meron sa pearl eliminator. pero maraming meron sa pearl eliminator na wala sa cobra. kaya ang dami ng drummer ang lumipat sa pearl eliminator. ganda kasi.

Offline ginger1234567890

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 10:08:05 PM »
hi guys
thanks so much for all the replies. i've also heard a lot of good feedbacks about the pearl eliminator i've also been thinking about buying that... kaso lang mahal nga siya....

hmm..... decisions.... decisions ....

i think ipon na lang ulit ako kasi the pearl elims is double my budget, medyo mabigat sa bulsa hehehe.

thanks again for all the replies. :P

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 11:32:35 PM »
hi guys
thanks so much for all the replies. i've also heard a lot of good feedbacks about the pearl eliminator i've also been thinking about buying that... kaso lang mahal nga siya....

hmm..... decisions.... decisions ....

i think ipon na lang ulit ako kasi the pearl elims is double my budget, medyo mabigat sa bulsa hehehe.

thanks again for all the replies. :P

dont worry kahit ano naman jan sa pinag pipilian mo eh good naman. so oks lang kahit ano jan. pero lifetime investment na pag nag pearl o tama ka. talagang sulit ang pinagipunan mo.

yung pearl eliminator ko mahigit 2 years na eh wala pa ding pumapalya. kahit isang ingit wala kang maririnig. pati mga hardware wala pang nasisira. kaya iginapang ko talaga yun makabili lang ako nun.

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
Re: sonor, gibraltar or pearl double peds?
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 09:55:14 AM »
Hello to all,

as for your choices, i would go for the pearl, i'm assuming that it is the powershifter model. P10,500 ata ang powershifter sa yupangco.

sonor is a good pedal for beginners, lalakas ang binti mo kasi mahigpit yung springs at ang hirap i-adjust. gibraltar pedal is better than sonor because of its durability.

tama ba ako pareng gep? oi! maya ha, hehehe kagigising ko lang pre, punta ko maya makati, mit tayo, dala ko na yung epektos, hahahah...

anyway, if you have the budget, bili ka ng double peds na may "bling"  :lol:
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
The DOUBLE PEDAL Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 02:05:37 AM »
And why you chose the pedal above.. :roll:

What is the difference between chain driven and belt driven pedals?..which is better? :?

Which of the ff. TAMA's are better in your opinion.. :?
-Power glide
-Rolling glide
-Flexi glide
..and why?

For the Eliminator is the belt driven replaceable cam system better or is the chain driven better? (or is the cam interchangeable on both belt and chain?) :|

Please help..planning on acquiring one.. :wink:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 10:26:51 PM by Akira JUMBO »
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Double pedal Query
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 03:13:13 AM »
And why you chose the pedal above.. :roll:

What is the difference between chain driven and belt driven pedals?..which is better? :?

Which of the ff. TAMA's are better in your opinion.. :?
-Power glide
-Rolling glide
-Flexi glide
..and why?

For the Eliminator is the belt driven replaceable cam system better or is the chain driven better? (or is the cam interchangeable on both belt and chain?) :|

Please help..planning on acquiring one.. :wink:

...i can only speak for pearl elims (belt and chain, i have both drivers) and here are my findings:
overall, the belt driven ones are lighter, faster, and more responsive than chain driven ones with whichever set of cams i use that are included with the kit

...although they say that chains are more durable as belts have a tendency to stretch over time...im not a joey jordison or mike portnoy material so i dont think i will ever get to experience my belts stretch (at least i hope not to)

...you get more strength or pound per punch with chains but this could also be exhibited with belt drives since you can tweak the elims pedal board height, beater angle, spring tension and use of different cams

....to answer your last question, both chain and belt driven pearl elims come with interchangeable cams. moreover, belt and chain drivers could be interchanged as often as you want so long as you have both drivers on hand.

i wanted to experiment on both drivers so initially i bought a chain driven one from JP since the chains itself are hard to get hold of as a spare separate part than the belt, but a few weeks back JP had supplied with me with a pair of belts. you can make peace with both worlds of pearl eliminator pedals, JP gives good rates for parts/spares naman, but you'll have to queue up coz these kind of parts sell like pancakes, they come they go just like that...tell you what, if you will ask me, go get the belt driven ones na lang, and if you want chains, u can buy mine. hehehe

i've had the pleasure of trying both IC and elims (both belt driven ones) right next to each other. although, personally i like how cool IC looks but after spending some time with both, i personally find pearl eliminator belt driven ones to be more customisable, lighter, responsive, and faster. im not a double pedal trickster myself, but i sure em flying coz of my elims, magic? maybe, but im pretty sure its one of the intended effects of pearl elims on amateurs like me.

but dont take my word for it, much more anyone else's. go try it yourself, find out what works best for you! thats what i did and everyone at that time suggested ICs to me but i went the other way. At the end of the day, it has to suit your taste, style, and preferences.

before anyone starts hurling stones towards my direction, the above is based on my experience and personal view towards the said items. it is not intended to diminish or strengthen your tastes and preferences.

have a good one and may you find the best set of double peds for your endeavour.

:mrgreen:

ps: why only choose between IC and Elims?

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 04:00:59 AM »
@bangbus..

WOW! :-o Thanks for the response..very informative and well balanced inputs:lol: Really appreciate it..

Re. Your PS..what other pedals would you suggest? I have never tried Ellims but I have tried the Cobra's..Im a newb double pedler..actually no real experience playing doubles yet  :|

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 05:24:12 AM »
@bangbus..

WOW! :-o Thanks for the response..very informative and well balanced inputs:lol: Really appreciate it..

Re. Your PS..what other pedals would you suggest? I have never tried Ellims but I have tried the Cobra's..Im a newb double pedler..actually no real experience playing doubles yet  :|

thanks Thumbbull, im just bored out here being idle-nakatunganga this week kaya ganadong mag reply. hehe. you're in the right direction of looking around for decent double pedals since you are already considering these 2. but there's also a direct  or solid link driven (neither belt nor chain) type of pedal, meaning there's a solid metal linking the footboard to the cam/beater so which means there is no slack in between pedal strokes...kasi nga solid hindi bendable na chain or belt strap...you get what you put in and back right away...is lightning fast and absolutely responsive...i've tried horrendously expensive direct drives like the ones made by Axis and Trick, they both work, feel and respond like a dream! but i dont want to sell my kidney to afford one. on that note, you might want to try gibraltar avenger direct drive cam pedals. i read somewhere in this forum yata or in pinoydrums yahoo groups that you could find it at raon for only 5k plus for the single. there are also belt and chain versions of this pedal. i've never tried this pedal myself but im sure its worth a look.

:mrgreen:

Offline g0d5_g1ft

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 10:39:52 AM »
actually sir intruder yung ok na direct drive ng gibraltar, 5.6k cya sa jb nung nagsale, i bet gnun din sa raon... iniisip ko nga din bumili nun, may isa d2 meron nun sna mgreply cya d2..
matututo kaya ako magdrums? kelan kaya iyon...

need gear: http://talk.philmusic.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=28593

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 11:10:53 AM »
@bangbus..

I've researched that out and was looking into the Yamaha Flying Dragon's..I posted it as well and did not receive quite good feedback on them.. :|

hanibanch

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 11:14:44 AM »
uy mga sir. kasi nagbabalak na din po akong mag-aral mag-double peds. uhm. anu pong peds ung mare-recommend niyo na bilhin ko. ung parang bagay sa beginner.  :|
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 11:20:27 AM by hanibanch »

Offline g0d5_g1ft

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 11:21:55 AM »
i think its better na kung maganda na bilin mo if serious ka about learning... go for pearl elims magaganda ang reviews sa kanya may kamahalan nga lang... if u want something na mejo mura mura go for gibraltars... check ka sa raon dami choices  :-D
matututo kaya ako magdrums? kelan kaya iyon...

need gear: http://talk.philmusic.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=28593

Offline suspendead

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 11:25:48 AM »
Eliminators are the Best option Thumbull, Belt of you're lightfooted and Chain for heavyfooted, just my opinion hehehe...

Hanibanch its better to invest on high-ends even if you're a beginner. Kasi makukuha mo na at maa-adjust mo na yung setting na right for you kahit na bago ka pa lang. Makukuha mo na agad comfort zone mo sa pedals. Yun kasi isang kailangan para mapasarap ang pag-aaral ng doubles....

Hope that helped... :roll:
" I HEAR VOICES AND THEY DON'T LIKE YOU "

Offline drumachine

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 11:30:07 AM »
hei guys! i'm planning to buy gemini double pedals, could somebody tell me something bout this pedal? is 4k worth it for a second hand pedals like gemini? need ur advices brothers!
watch your problem? ;p