hulika

Author Topic: MICSIS GUITAR SPOT BY MIKE SISON  (Read 627626 times)

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: MICSIS GUITAR SPOT BY MIKE SISON
« Reply #2800 on: June 20, 2014, 09:16:33 AM »
Went to Mike yesterday and just had a custom mint pickguard for my PRS SE EG...

ang galing   :)
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2801 on: June 20, 2014, 09:38:04 AM »

ganda ah! fender-ee vibe. is that the original finish?

Offline cosmic

« Reply #2802 on: June 20, 2014, 09:59:50 AM »
ganda ah! fender-ee vibe. is that the original finish?

Thanks bro!
One of my fascination are strats hehe, oh yeah it is original paint..   
You can't be too careful anymore
When all that is waiting for you
Won't come any closer You've got to reach out a little more, more, PARAMORE!

Offline tsunamic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2803 on: June 20, 2014, 10:38:14 AM »

Kakainis ka @COSMIC, lahat ng gitara mong pinopost dito napapanganga ako may kasama pang tulo laway. haha.  :drool:

Offline cosmic

« Reply #2804 on: June 20, 2014, 11:30:11 AM »

Kakainis ka @COSMIC, lahat ng gitara mong pinopost dito napapanganga ako may kasama pang tulo laway. haha.  :drool:

Hehe thanks! It's just a matter of choice, actually I just came up with this idea, pero si Mike and team pa din ang gumawa lahat.
Wala din ako masyado alam sa photography K800i cam phone lang gamit ko  :lol:

Credits to MicSis Guitar Spot

Offline tsunamic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2805 on: June 20, 2014, 06:13:02 PM »
Hehe thanks! It's just a matter of choice, actually I just came up with this idea, pero si Mike and team pa din ang gumawa lahat.
Wala din ako masyado alam sa photography K800i cam phone lang gamit ko  :lol:

Credits to MicSis Guitar Spot

haha maganda rin kasi talaga yung white finish ng gitara mo, tapos napaganda pa siya nung mint green na pickguard. :)

Offline manok

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2806 on: June 21, 2014, 12:23:33 AM »
Micsis Singlecut and Jazz Bass Model
Slap Parade

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2807 on: June 21, 2014, 09:04:26 PM »
@cosmic

WOW!

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2808 on: June 21, 2014, 09:46:13 PM »
@cosmic

nice. the only thing i dont like is the large TRC
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline cosmic

« Reply #2809 on: June 22, 2014, 02:12:27 AM »
@cosmic

nice. the only thing i dont like is the large TRC

Haha I also thought of the same thing, kaso lang that is just copied from the original.. same size and dimension. I was planning to shape it bell type, what do you think?  :lol:

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2810 on: June 22, 2014, 02:54:42 AM »

WoW! Awesome vibe!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2811 on: June 25, 2014, 04:37:06 PM »
Haha I also thought of the same thing, kaso lang that is just copied from the original.. same size and dimension. I was planning to shape it bell type, what do you think?  :lol:

mas ok ata wala hehe
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2812 on: June 27, 2014, 08:00:34 PM »
I just wanna share my experience over the last couple of weeks and how the Micsis team helped.  :-D

Over a month ago, I was at the shop to have my tele ("Betty") and strat ("Magi") checked up and have their necks reset since they both bowed.
Upon seeing and checking the tele, Mike said that if the neck were to bow one more time, it won't be "reversible" via truss rod adjustment.
Of course this got me worried, and as it turned out the sudden change from summer season to "baha" season really affected both necks.

So Mike proceeded to set the tele's neck properly one last time (the strat didn't have this issue thankfully),
and reminded me to hang my guitars on wall hangers and avoid putting them on a stand or rack over long intervals as much as possible.
I regularly tinker and noodle with the tele and strat, while I have wall hangers for both, I would put them put them on a rack instead.

In retrospect, I did notice that all the guitars that were hanging on the walls (2 bass guitars and 1 electric) didn't bow over the seasonal transition.
So now, with actual first hand observation, I could say that it is best to hang guitars than to put them on racks/stands, unfortunately I had to learn the hard way.

A week ago, I decided that I still wanted to gig using the tele without worrying about the neck, though I currently  have 2 other gigging guitars (both strats).
Bearing in mind, that I have 1 custom build in the works with the Micsis team, I would eventually have 4 electric guitars counting the tele. Which in my mind
would be the ideal number (options wise). BUT unfortunately, I have to think of practicality (among other things) about the idea of having 4 guitars
(excluding acoustic/classical and a bass guitar) and concluded that "3" is my magic number.

1. main guitar
2. a backup guitar
3. a backup to the backup guitar (the one you lend)

In my case, that would be the most logical approach. So I thought hard and long (pun intended) about the tele's neck and
decided to make my #1 ( "Frankie" a partscaster, my main axe since 2009) a donor guitar and take out its neck and put it on my beloved tele.

"Frankie"

and since #1 would be left without a neck, I also decided to take out a lot of the innards to soup up the other strat.

I mixed and matched parts to maximize the "fusion" from #1 to the tele and the other strat.

Frankie + Betty =       "Fretty"

Frankie + Magi =        "Maki"

With the help of the Micsis team, I was able to pull it off.

What was once a trio..

is now a duo.

I had a great run with Frankie, but like all things in this world, nothing lasts forever.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:02:32 PM by shodawmoon »

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2813 on: June 27, 2014, 08:51:47 PM »
Cool story bro :lol:

I think you can still save the old neck by heat and clamping. But of course there is still a possibility that it will move when the weather changes.
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2814 on: June 27, 2014, 10:16:17 PM »
Cool story bro :lol:

I think you can still save the old neck by heat and clamping. But of course there is still a possibility that it will move when the weather changes.
haha.

Really? Pero that only needs to be done if the neck does bow beyond the limit right?  or can that be a preventive measure as well? If not, are there other measures besides hanging the guitar?

Was just wondering also, does the age of the wood factor in on susceptability to bowing/moving/?

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2815 on: June 27, 2014, 10:38:06 PM »
haha.

Really? Pero that only needs to be done if the neck does bow beyond the limit right?  or can that be a preventive measure as well? If not, are there other measures besides hanging the guitar?

Was just wondering also, does the age of the wood factor in on susceptability to bowing/moving/?

You can loosen the strings, but that's being too anal IMO. Another option is to keep it in the case in an air-conditioned room :lol:

You made the right choice in thrashing the neck since it will become a hassle soon. Your experience just shows that the neck wood used wasn't stable enough for our weather.
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2816 on: June 28, 2014, 08:44:20 AM »
Bro, pano malalaman kung sagad na adjustment ng neck?

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2818 on: June 28, 2014, 08:55:33 AM »
Bro, pano malalaman kung sagad na adjustment ng neck?

Pag hindi na mapihit kasi ubos na yung thread sa rod.
LIKE us on FB!

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2819 on: June 28, 2014, 11:53:02 AM »
Pag hindi na mapihit kasi ubos na yung thread sa rod.
ah
concern ko kasi baka masyado kong mapwersa pero sa tingin ko safe pa naman. Tagal ko di nagamit yung isang strat ko, nag bow din yung neck, pero ok na ngayon. Baka lang nasagad ko na at pag nag bow ulit wala ng kapit =(

Offline cosmic

« Reply #2820 on: June 29, 2014, 09:40:05 AM »
Excellent guitars!!!

There is always something new when you go to MicSis place...

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2821 on: June 30, 2014, 11:29:22 AM »
I just wanna share my experience over the last couple of weeks and how the Micsis team helped.  :-D

Over a month ago, I was at the shop to have my tele ("Betty") and strat ("Magi") checked up and have their necks reset since they both bowed.
Upon seeing and checking the tele, Mike said that if the neck were to bow one more time, it won't be "reversible" via truss rod adjustment.
Of course this got me worried, and as it turned out the sudden change from summer season to "baha" season really affected both necks.

So Mike proceeded to set the tele's neck properly one last time (the strat didn't have this issue thankfully),
and reminded me to hang my guitars on wall hangers and avoid putting them on a stand or rack over long intervals as much as possible.
I regularly tinker and noodle with the tele and strat, while I have wall hangers for both, I would put them put them on a rack instead.

In retrospect, I did notice that all the guitars that were hanging on the walls (2 bass guitars and 1 electric) didn't bow over the seasonal transition.
So now, with actual first hand observation, I could say that it is best to hang guitars than to put them on racks/stands, unfortunately I had to learn the hard way.

A week ago, I decided that I still wanted to gig using the tele without worrying about the neck, though I currently  have 2 other gigging guitars (both strats).
Bearing in mind, that I have 1 custom build in the works with the Micsis team, I would eventually have 4 electric guitars counting the tele. Which in my mind
would be the ideal number (options wise). BUT unfortunately, I have to think of practicality (among other things) about the idea of having 4 guitars
(excluding acoustic/classical and a bass guitar) and concluded that "3" is my magic number.

1. main guitar
2. a backup guitar
3. a backup to the backup guitar (the one you lend)

In my case, that would be the most logical approach. So I thought hard and long (pun intended) about the tele's neck and
decided to make my #1 ( "Frankie" a partscaster, my main axe since 2009) a donor guitar and take out its neck and put it on my beloved tele.

"Frankie"

and since #1 would be left without a neck, I also decided to take out a lot of the innards to soup up the other strat.

I mixed and matched parts to maximize the "fusion" from #1 to the tele and the other strat.

Frankie + Betty =       "Fretty"

Frankie + Magi =        "Maki"

With the help of the Micsis team, I was able to pull it off.

What was once a trio..

is now a duo.

I had a great run with Frankie, but like all things in this world, nothing lasts forever.

nice story! This is reg by the way, nagkita tayo when i dropped off a guitar sa shop.   

Offline pie-key

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2822 on: July 01, 2014, 07:40:44 AM »

[IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn310/ralph_1003/PRS%20SE%20EG/DSC00024.jpg

[IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn310/ralph_1003/PRS%20SE%20EG/DSC00027.jpg

[IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn310/ralph_1003/PRS%20SE%20EG/DSC00026.jpg

[IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn310/ralph_1003/PRS%20SE%20EG/DSC00032.jpg

Dig this!!! Looks Stratified!!! Ganda!!!
References:
BossingBoss/Spudmusic/Xelly/Poundcake/Fonzy/Joel_marcelo/Micsis/Voidman/Free2rock/
'57 Strat/DIY OD/Strymon TL/Eventide MF/Hardwire SN/TCE Polytune Mini/Princeton Chorus

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2823 on: July 01, 2014, 11:43:53 AM »
nice story! This is reg by the way, nagkita tayo when i dropped off a guitar sa shop.
Hi Reg, it was nice meeting you!

Offline claudefi

« Reply #2824 on: July 01, 2014, 06:54:02 PM »
Magkano parepaint sa kanya? And gaano katagal?