hulika

Author Topic: Alkaline Water: What are your thoughts..?  (Read 15799 times)

Offline karlwilson

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Alkaline Water: What are your thoughts..?
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 01:08:24 PM »
Were you sincerely asking for opinions and recommendations, or were you just looking for people who believe the same as you?

out of topic post are not welcome here sir..but you can post as much as you can as your brain tells you so.as i said "i respect each one's opinions btw"

ok?get it bro.

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 02:01:41 PM »
Were you sincerely asking for opinions and recommendations, or were you just looking for people who believe the same as you?

Maybe the "Alkaline Water:What it does to you..Do you recommend drinking this?" line isn't a question after all. I see those kind of words from advertisements. In disguise of articles in which "justifies" the effectiveness of a certain product.

I'm drinking alkaline water btw :D :D :D
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 02:12:58 PM »
out of topic post are not welcome here sir..but you can post as much as you can as your brain tells you so.as i said "i respect each one's opinions btw"

My post IS NOT "off topic."  I asked you a VALID question.

You asked for opinions, but it seems you were only looking for opinions that agree with you.  You say you respect other opinions, yet you said,

oo bro,mahirap talaga pag sobra talino medyo laging nagmamarunong..pero we respect each one's opinions here..hehe.pero,ewan ko lang kung hindi siya maghanap ng alternatives pag dating ng panahon sa magkasakit siya..(oops.knock on wood 3times...)

in effect contradicting yourself.  May pahapyaw ka pa ng "knock on wood."  So, please stop saying you respect other opinions when it's clear that you do not.

ok?get it bro.

I get it that you DON'T understand how alkaline and acidic properties actually work in the body and that you are one of those who are easily swayed by nicely-written marketing spiels.  The pH balancing process happens NATURALLY inside the body.  If you eat well, exercise regularly, minimize smoking and alcohol, you'll stay healthy.  

Drinking alkaline water DOES NOT help as the "effects" are mostly psychological, but, I'm not stopping you from doing so.  

Maybe the "Alkaline Water:What it does to you..Do you recommend drinking this?" line isn't a question after all. I see those kind of words from advertisements. In disguise of articles in which "justifies" the effectiveness of a certain product.

EXACTLY my point.  This is NOT a discussion thread.  This is an ADVERTORIAL.

I'm drinking alkaline water btw :D :D :D

I also tried it.  No difference.  Like I mentioned earlier, the effect would be more psychological. 

It's similar to having "energy" drinks which purportedly gives one energy, but actually just raises one's blood pressure enough enough to make the heart pump a bit harder and keep one "awake."

X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »
I also tried it.  No difference.  Like I mentioned earlier, the effect would be more psychological. 
It's similar to having "energy" drinks which purportedly gives one energy, but actually just raises one's blood pressure enough enough to make the heart pump a bit harder and keep one "awake."

I dunno, my father told me about the "acids" thing. So far, yeah, none. But, tignan ko pa kung ano magbabago. The only thing na nagbago kasi eh yung price ng tubig na iniinom namin.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 02:29:30 PM »
It seems that there's a little heat rising up here. Were here to share our opinions about the product. As for me, I really don't know if it is effective or what as I just started drinking it. Few bucks is worth the try in my opinion.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 02:52:49 PM »
I dunno, my father told me about the "acids" thing. So far, yeah, none. But, tignan ko pa kung ano magbabago. The only thing na nagbago kasi eh yung price ng tubig na iniinom namin.

I know I come as a "know-it-all" to most, but, I don't post anything unless I am sure about what I post.  Remembering high school and college chemistry, I can tell you that short to calling water ionizers a scam, water IS naturally neutral, slightly acidic, or slightly alkaline depending on the source.  Rain water is slightly acidic because it is deionized in vapor form.  Ground water is slightly alkaline, and this is mainly because of the dissolved minerals.

Alkaline water DOES NOT STAY alkaline.  As soon as you consume it, it will be neutralized by the much stronger 1-2 pH stomach acid.  You paid more for nothing.  It's the same as drinking filtered, distilled, mineral or re-mineralized water.  I drink those for convenience, but, boiled tap water is just as safe.  Also, we really don't need to drink that much water since the food we consume often has enough water content (to which I can attest to).  We have the urge to drink when we feel dehydrated or when we need to push out food down.

When it comes to alkaline, there's a reason why we produce gas in our stomachs.  the chemical reaction inside our gut create gases as we digest food.  Our stomach acid DOES NOT become neutralized, and we continually produce acid when our bodies anticipate it via our natural body cycle.  That's why if one overeats, or fasts, the system gets screwed up.  Also, to reiterate, our bodies are naturally acidic for a reason.  Our sweat are also acidic. Our nervous system is a complex system of electrical pathways driven by ACID electrolysis.

How do I know this?  College science, chemistry and biology.  I paid attention.

Most of the literature you'll find about water ionizers are supplied by the sellers of the EXPENSIVE equipment and therefore are ONE-SIDED.  You want to get rid of free radicals?  Eat more fresh fish and vegetables (which are alkaline-forming foods) to balance your protein and carb intake.  

Since I cook my own food, I always have soup-heavy vegetable dishes weekly, increased my fish consumption and have reduced my carb intake.  I still do have steaks, prawns from time to time, and have regular fruit salad binges.  No need for magic water.

It seems that there's a little heat rising up here. Were here to share our opinions about the product. As for me, I really don't know if it is effective or what as I just started drinking it. Few bucks is worth the try in my opinion.

Again, there's no harm in trying it.  But, it's like those "supplements" being sold that has on their label "no approved therapeutic claim."

New Manila Sound

Offline Roy Pigdester

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 04:24:10 PM »
I stay healthy because I know how my body works.  I know which type of food is bad for me.  I know which type of food makes me acidic, or gives me heartburn.  I drink both regular tap and filtered water depending on where I am at, with no ill-effects whatsoever.  For one, I grew up at Malabon, where potable water has always been an issue.  I don't get sick easily, mainly because of that simple fact.  

Ikaw na, mafren. No need to worry about your good old buddy Roy, I've reformed my ways. Pero........ikaw na.   :mrgreen:

Offline edmund

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 05:16:31 PM »
chillax mga sir!!  :-D

yun nga ang sabi ko sa akin effective siya-psychological man or hindi sa akin effective talaga,and our family friend doctor can attest to that sirs

@matanglawin--powerful ang utak ng tao-may point ka rin sir,pero sa tingin ko impossible magamit ko t shirt ko ng 4 days start kung di dahil sa iniinom ko-at wala naman din ako kinain n bago or nabago sa routine ko?isa pa pawisin ako,tsaka evry sat balikan ako ng pampanga at manila umaga alis,balik ng gabi,pag uwi ko amoy pawis na talaga ako hehe dati yun! di na ngayon..

baka naman saglit ka lang uminom? talagang di mo makikita ang result/effect niyan, sugggest ko try mo for 2week to 1 month?? try mo -laking skeptic ko din dati,sarcastic pa lalo na!-pero as you can see....

kung wala pa rin,e di wala talaga effect sa iyo :-)

at isa din pala ako sa mga taong walang bisyo,bisyo ko lang kumain at tumogtog,kahit beer di ako umiinom,gatas lang,gatas ng ina hehe  :-)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 05:29:17 PM by edmund »

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 05:39:41 PM »
You don't have to take my word for it.  Here is a BETTER explanation by a chemist. (My comments in red italics)

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/ionbunk.html

Pure water cannot undergo significant electrolysis

One more thing about the electrolysis of water having very low ion content: because of the very small number of ions in such water, it conducts electric current very poorly, so the process is extremely slow and inefficient. This means that if your water supply is free of dissolved minerals, no significant amount of electrolysis will occur.

For electrolysis to occur to any practical extent, additional ions must be present in order to transport the current. For example, the large-scale electrolysis of water to manufacture highly pure H2 and O2 is carried out by adding sulfuric acid. The sulfate ions help carry the current, but they do not react at the positive electrode because H2O is more easily decomposed.

... so if your water comes from a well and contains dissolved salts or "hardness ions" such as calcium or magnesium in medium concentrations, electrolysis might be possible, but it will not be effective in removing impurities. It should be noted that groundwaters are usually somewhat alkaline to start with (I mentioned this in my previous post).

Many "water ionizer" devices depend on the addition of ordinary salt to make the water more conductive
. Electrolysis of a dilute sodium chloride solution liberates hydrogen gas and hydroxide ions at the cathode, producing an alkaline solution that consists essentially of sodium hydroxide NaOH which can be drawn off as “alkaline water”. At the anode, chloride ions are oxidized to elemental chlorine. If some of this chlorine is allowed to combine with some of the hydroxide ions produced at the cathode, it disproportionates into hypochlorous acid HOCl, a weak acid and an oxidizing agent. Some ionizer devices allow the user to draw off this solution for use as a disinfecting agent. In many cases the two streams can be combined to form a mixture consisting of both HOCl and sodium hypochlorite (equivalent to diluted ordinary laundry bleach), depending on the pH desired.

So buying a "water ionizer" is a very expensive way of obtaining a solution that you could in principle make yourself by diluting some laundry bleach, and perhaps adjusting the pH by adding a weak acid such as lemon juice. But would you want to drink this "eau de Clorox"? Don't try this at home!

But drinking ionized water does make me feel better!

The most likely reason for this is the placebo effect (I also emphasized this earlier).

Studies have shown that placebos can relieve the symptoms in about 40 percent of those who suffer from chronic ailments. They are probably even more effective for those who are inclined toward "alternative medicine" or the "wellness" industry. In other words, if you "believe" that something might help, it may well do so, and the more people are made to pay for it, the more eager they will be to have their beliefs confirmed.

A recent study has shown that placebos can be effective even when "medications" clearly labeled as "placebos" are administered! For more on the placebo effect, see here and here.

An alternative explanation

But if you are drinking electrolytically-produced "ionized" water, there is another plausible physiological explanation. The hypochlorite ions present in most such waters (see above) may make their way through the digestive tract and end up in the large intestine, where it comes into contact with the hundreds of species of [mostly] bacterial organisms that colonize everyone's colon. It is now believed that these so-called gut flora can actively alter the nature of many food and metabolic products that enter the colon, and they vary greatly between individuals. It may be that the hypochlorite acts to kill off or suppress some organisms whose normal function is to remove substances to which one's body is allergic or otherwise harmful.

But there is also a possible downside...

Hypochlorous acid HOCl (always present even in alkaline hypochorite solutions) is now known to trigger a number of cellular processes connected with cancer, either through inducing mutations in DNA sequences, or by making epigenetic changes to certain DNA bases. It is known, for example that HOCl leads to the formation of 5-chlorocytosine, which is believed to suppress some genes that normally act to inhibit cell proliferation and tumor growth. (C&EN, 2011.03.14, p 40)

This is certainly not to say that "ionized water causes cancer", but there is far more evidence for this than for the patently false claims by Kangen and others that it prevents cancer.

I don't get "sick" because I AVOID getting sick.  Sometimes, when I feel the onset of flu, I just drink a couple of BioFlu and a couple of glasses of water and "believe" I won't get sick.   The medicine helps relieve the physical symptom, and my believing the meds will work creates a strong placebo effect which the mind utilizes.  The mind/brain is the most powerful thing you have.  Learn how to use it.

New Manila Sound

Offline edmund

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2011, 06:24:35 PM »
got ur point dude-pero i doubt if placebo effect nga sa akin--ganito kase nangyari-sa bahay namin yung mom ko nag lagay ng gadget sa mineral water, binibiro ko pa nga mom ko,na kalokohan lang yung nilagay niya.nakikita ko yung gadget araw2 pero skeptic ako, isang araw nag commento yung kasambahay namin kung gamit na raw ba yung damit na pina palabhan ko kase walang amoy pawis,so nag imbestiga ako. nag tanong tanong ako,pina amoy ko yung shirt ko sa kapitbahay, lalo na sa kapitbahay kung sexy!hehe at kung ano ano pa pag imbestiga ginawa ko hehe, nag experimento din ako,isang t shirt apat na araw ko isinuot,pag katapos ng apat na araw doon palang nag ka amoy...

kung ako pag babasehan mo-malayong placebo effect nga

familiar ka ba sa The Secret?? yung DVD - tama ka powerful nga utak,pero sa tingin ko walang koneksyon yun dito

salamat pala sa link, may comparison tayo
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:26:02 PM by edmund »

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2011, 07:42:07 PM »
Part of the placebo effect is believing the stuff actually works.  As far as ionizing water is concerned, the link answers that.  Regardless if you believe it or not, it is FACT.

Just so you know.

New Manila Sound

Offline ghostalker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 10:00:33 AM »
Part of the placebo effect is believing the stuff actually works.  As far as ionizing water is concerned, the link answers that.  Regardless if you believe it or not, it is FACT.

Just so you know.
thanks bro, sa link and explanations ^_^
God Bless!
Rockin' for Jesus 

Offline jeffyonzon_025

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 10:06:49 AM »
currently using Alkaline Water... I can say ..It tastes better than purified water.. and Its like a dextrose.ENERGIZER :-D
Array

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2011, 10:45:18 AM »
pH 6.0 IS STILL acidic, so if they claim the alkaline water is at that level, IT'S NOT ALKALINE.

Let me restate what I said previously, and I'll set it in bold.

"you can make your own pure water even with home distillation (didn't you have this experiment in high school chem?).  The closest possible in purifying is SIMPLY boiling tap water.  Personally, I sometimes do buy filtered / distilled water for convenience, but I have survived on tap water."

So, I didn't say you can purify water by boiling it.

IV drips are are saline solutions.  They are used to rehydrate patients and give their blood electrolytes.

Electrolysis DOES NOT remove impurities (nor it alkalizes the water).   In fact, impurities need to be present in electrolytic liquids in order for electrolysis to work. 

Distillation does.  Impurities in water are microscopic solid particles of minerals.  When you distill water, the impurities are left when water turns into vapor, which is then collected into another container.

Incorrect.  A "neutral" pH range is somewhere greater than six but not more than 7.5.  Water is called a NEUTRAL acid.

Where did you study chemistry?

I didn't say pH balance does not matter, but, we do have a very efficient pair of machines built in.  They're called KIDNEYS.  They are the organs that keep the body's pH in check.  If your urine is too alkaline, it means you've consumed too much alkaline-forming substances.   If it's acidic, it's the reverse.  If you get acidosis or alkalosis, there's something wrong with your kidneys.

You should follow your own advice, since it's obvious you drink alkaline water.

You must be a doctor, but one who does not know why the body is in a constant state of pH flux.

I'm not a skeptic just because.  I can actually say your exposure to these "stuff" didn't make you any more knowledgeable.  For one, your ideas in chemistry suck.

IV drips may be saline but not all. Some have only Dextrose some do not even have anything in them.

By the way sir, you should do some research in distillation. Water is not unique when it comes to its boiling point. Several compounds share the boiling point of 100 degrees. I would want you to submit to me a distilled water and let us have it examined. You want to try? :)

You want to bet that electrolysis can actually remove some elements? Bring some and let us have it done. You want to try it again? :)

And you, sir, where did you study chemistry and biology?  :-)

And it's not only the kidneys. The lungs also helps in pH maintenance. Also, pH correction does not happen immediately, it takes some time for it to be corrected. There are some instances that our body doesn't have that much luxury to wait for that and so we need to at least correct it. Why then do you need to drink soap as first aid when you accidentally drink a very powerful acid?

And the is no such thing as a neutral acid and neutral base.

I got too preoccupied with medical stuffs so I thought the range is 7.35-7.45 (the pH of the blood). But yes, it is 7.0 for the neutral zone.

**I posted my answers here because you told me so.

**By the way, who do you think you are? You do not have the same level of understanding when it comes to this field as compared to those doctors. You only get your knowledge from the internet, you haven't even tried these stuffs.
RN. MD. General Surgeon. Bassist. Audiophile.
2 Elegee Custom 5-string Bass. 1979 Ibanez Musician Bass. Mono Vertigo.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2011, 11:39:55 AM »
IV drips may be saline but not all.

And your point is?

Some have only Dextrose some do not even have anything in them.

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean "some do not have anything in them."

By the way sir, you should do some research in distillation. Water is not unique when it comes to its boiling point. Several compounds share the boiling point of 100 degrees. I would want you to submit to me a distilled water and let us have it examined. You want to try? :)

I fail to see the relevance of boiling point in this.

You want to bet that electrolysis can actually remove some elements? Bring some and let us have it done. You want to try it again? :)

You're gonna lose, because it's pretty obvious you don't know how the process of electrolysis works.  

But humor me.  What "elements" does electrolysis remove?

And you, sir, where did you study chemistry and biology?  :-)

I studied Electrical Engineering in college, but I also excelled in biology in highschool and science in general and have continued to read up until today.

You failed to answer my simple question; Where did you study chemistry?

And it's not only the kidneys. The lungs also helps in pH maintenance.

Wrong.  The lungs FILTER oxygen from the air we breathe and expels the CO2 as it is processed by the body.  

The pH of the body is regulated BY the other body organs through blood circulation specifically, the kidneys.

Also, pH correction does not happen immediately, it takes some time for it to be corrected.

True.  This is the only right fact you have said so far, yet so utterly irrelevant.  Thing is, the body itself balances its hP through chemical process that occur in the organs.

There are some instances that our body doesn't have that much luxury to wait for that and so we need to at least correct it. Why then do you need to drink soap as first aid when you accidentally drink a very powerful acid?[

I don't drink soap, and I'm not dumb to "accidentally" drink acid.  At any rate, the common and fastest solution for anyone who accidentally ingests any form of acid is to have the person drink LOTS of water and/or milk, to neutralize or dilute the acid, and bring  the person to the emergency room.  Drinking soap IS NOT a solution.

And the is no such thing as a neutral acid and neutral base.

Wrong, water is a universal solvent and is actually regarded an acid in some solutions, hence "neutral" acid.  That's how I know you don't know any chemistry.  You don't even know what chemical process occurs when you breath.

I got too preoccupied with medical stuffs so I thought the range is 7.35-7.45 (the pH of the blood). But yes, it is 7.0 for the neutral zone.

So, are you a doctor?

Unlike you I don't get preoccupied on other things when talking about something specific.  See, you're confusion lies in the fact that we were talking about the pH of water, yet you entered blood pH into the discussion.  

**By the way, who do you think you are? You do not have the same level of understanding when it comes to this field as compared to those doctors.

Dude, I am a guy who is widely read and actually understands what I read.  Though I am not a doctor, I do understand a few medical terms and conditions because of the biology and science behind them.  

You only get your knowledge from the internet, you haven't even tried these stuffs.

Wrong.  When I get sick, I actually ask the doctor how I got sick, the cause of my illness, how to prevent it, or what diet I should employ.  I also know a few doctors.  I learn from real life as much as I do the internet. What I don't know, I look up, and what I look up, I verify and clarify.  I know of renal conditions because as a kid, I was exposed in stagnant water in the floods of Malabon.  We didn't have potable water, and have studied water filtration techniques especially during the time when filtered and distilled water shops were sprouting.  I know how electrolysis works, because we have that in our engineering specifically chemistry subjects.

I look up the medicines doctors prescribe.  I am well-informed because I believe ignorance can kill.

How about you?  Where did you get the idea that electrolysis actually remove impurities?  Do you know that in order for electrolysis in water to occur, it needs to HAVE those impurities?  Did you know that in order to make water alkaline, all one really needs to do is add some salt?  To make it acid, heck, add calamansi.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:57:26 AM by matanglawin »

New Manila Sound

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2011, 12:09:05 PM »
Just like what I said, perform your distillation and let us have your distilled water examined. Any single element/compound found will be credited as your loss.

Distillation + Electrolysis + Other sutffs = Pure water.

Dude, lungs affect the pH regulation. You wanna bet? I am challenging you, come on and take it. 1st year college pa lang tinuturo na yan :))

Here is a proof: http://www.mpoullis.net/bsphysiol/physio/Lecture%20Notes-39.htm

The lungs.. DO NOT FILTER AIR. It is a site for gas exchange. What filters air are the nose (with cilia), the trachea (with mucus and cilia) and other upper respiratory organs. With that, I doubt that you excel in biology or science.

Oh, by the way, I got my chemistry lessons from UST. And you, where did you get it? I will only accept your chemistry expertise of you are from La Salle, UP or Ateneo (since yun lang naman ang mga kalevel ng UST)

Wait.. You fail to see the relevance of boiling point? Ugh.. Distillation works by separating mixtures based on their differences in boiling points. It is merely a physical separation process. Boiling point of water is 100 degress, and water is not the only compound with exactly 100 degrees boiling point.

And FYI, I am not yet a doctor. But someday I will be.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2011, 12:38:35 PM »
Just like what I said, perform your distillation and let us have your distilled water examined. Any single element/compound found will be credited as your loss.

Nah.  I won't bother, just basing it from what you said.  Distillation (along with filtration) removes impurities.  Electrolysis IS NOT a part of the purification process.

Dude, lungs affect the pH regulation. You wanna bet? I am challenging you, come on and take it. 1st year college pa lang tinuturo na yan :))

So all you need to balance your body's pH the lungs now, right?  You can donate your kidneys then.

Here is a proof: http://www.mpoullis.net/bsphysiol/physio/Lecture%20Notes-39.htm

The lungs.. DO NOT FILTER AIR. It is a site for gas exchange. What filters air are the nose (with cilia), the trachea (with mucus and cilia) and other upper respiratory organs. With that, I doubt that you excel in biology or science.

Lungs DO FILTER air.   The lungs are lined with mucus that catch particles the cilia misses, and is expelled later on as snot. 

Oh, by the way, I got my chemistry lessons from UST. And you, where did you get it? I will only accept your chemistry expertise of you are from La Salle, UP or Ateneo (since yun lang naman ang mga kalevel ng UST)

I took electrical engineering at Mapua.  EE has CHEMISTRY subjects.  Regardless, you still don;t know how electrolysis works, and why water is electrolyzed to begin with.  It's definitely NOT to purify or alkalize water.

Wait.. You fail to see the relevance of boiling point? Ugh.. Distillation works by separating mixtures based on their differences in boiling points. It is merely a physical separation process. Boiling point of water is 100 degress,
and water is not the only compound with exactly 100 degrees boiling point

Again, this bears no relevance as to the distillation process.  What is being discussed is what impurities are removed via distillation.

And FYI, I am not yet a doctor. But someday I will be.

Ah.  The plot thins.  
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 12:44:20 PM by matanglawin »

New Manila Sound

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 12:55:34 PM »
Standard water purification processes:

http://www.purestfilters.com/4_stage_water_filter_process.htm

http://www.cyber-nook.com/water/Solutions.html

http://water.epa.gov/learn/kids/drinkingwater/watertreatmentplant_index.cfm

No mention of water electrolysis in the process, since electrolysis is used to produce hydrogen and oxygen gas.  In order for electrolysis to occur, impurities are ADDED into the water.  Pure or distilled water is a poor conductor, hence does not electrolyze because there are no free ions.

New Manila Sound

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2011, 12:58:50 PM »
Nah.  I won't bother, just basing it from what you said.  Distillation (along with filtration) removes impurities.  Electrolysis IS NOT a prat of the purification process.

So all you need it the lungs now, right? 

Lungs DO FILTER air.

I took electrical engineering at Mapua.  EE has CHEMISTRY subjects.  Regardless, you still don;t know how electrolysis works, and why water is electrolyzed to begin with.  It's definitely NOT to purify or alkalize water.

Again, this bears no relevance as to the distillation process.  What is being discussed is what impurities are removed via distillation.

Ah.  The plot thins. 

Maybe, your definition of pure water maybe different with mine. You define "pure" as one that does not have impurities while I define mine as one with only H2O present. You are an ECE graduate and I am a Nursing student anyway.

Erm. Gas exhange nga ang lungs eh. Filters ung mga nasa taas ng lungs.

The plot thins eh? I am not yet a doctor and not yet a college graduate.

Study the anatomy and physiology of the lungs. The lungs do not filter air. They only filter clots and remove bubbles from the blood. Search it, or go look it up in a book.

We can say that I am not an expert with electrolysis but you are no expert when it comes to the human body.  :lol:

Regardless of everything, arguing with you is indeed good and I am enjoying this. For some, they may call you a troll already but I don't find you trolling me.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2011, 01:28:59 PM »
Maybe, your definition of pure water maybe different with mine. You define "pure" as one that does not have impurities while I define mine as one with only H2O present. You are an ECE graduate and I am a Nursing student anyway.

It's obvious you don't pay attention.

Erm. Gas exhange nga ang lungs eh. Filters ung mga nasa taas ng lungs.

Mali nga.  Lungs filter air.  Gas exchange won't occur if the air isn filtered to begin with. 

The plot thins eh? I am not yet a doctor and not yet a college graduate.

No.  I just didn't graduate, but, unlike you, I'm no longer a student.  I have studied a lot more than just what my engineering courses have given,

Study the anatomy and physiology of the lungs. The lungs do not filter air. They only filter clots and remove bubbles from the blood. Search it, or go look it up in a book.

You're the one who needs to study the function of the lungs if you think all it does for the body is gas exchange.  Also, you don't have "bubbles" in your blood, but either dissolved oxygen and carbon dioxide.  If you have bubbles, you get air embolism.

Are you sure you're going to be a doctor soon?

We can say that I am not an expert with electrolysis

Which SHATTERS all your arguments regarding water and the purification process,

but you are no expert when it comes to the human body:lol:

Based on what you said so far, neither are you.

Regardless of everything, arguing with you is indeed good and I am enjoying this. For some, they may call you a troll already but I don't find you trolling me.

Oh, I don't consider you a troll.  But, if you are truly studying as a nurse and plan to be a doctor, you should at least try to verify what you think you know. 

New Manila Sound

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2011, 01:41:39 PM »
http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/chemicals/lungs_dust.html

Dust that reaches the sacs and the lower part of the airways where there are no cilia is attacked by special cells called macrophages. These are extremely important for the defense of the lungs. They keep the air sacs clean. Macrophages virtually swallow the particles. Then the macrophages, in a way which is not well understood, reach the part of the airways that is covered by cilia. The wavelike motions of the cilia move the macrophages which contain dust to the throat, where they are spat out or swallowed.

New Manila Sound

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2011, 01:45:34 PM »
It's obvious you don't pay attention.

Mali nga.  Lungs filter air.  Gas exchange won't occur if the air isn filtered to begin with. 

No.  I just didn't graduate, but, unlike you, I'm no longer a student.  I have studied a lot more than just what my engineering courses have given,

You're the one who needs to study the function of the lungs if you think all it does for the body is gas exchange.  Also, you don't have "bubbles" in your blood, but either dissolved oxygen and carbon dioxide.  If you have bubbles, you get air embolism.

Are you sure you're going to be a doctor soon?

Which SHATTERS all your arguments regarding water and the purification process,

Based on what you said so far, neither are you.

Oh, I don't consider you a troll.  But, if you are truly studying as a nurse and plan to be a doctor, you should at least try to verify what you think you know. 

The LUNGS do not filter the air. Have you researched it? Gas is filtered in the upper respiratory tracts to begin with. Some of those are the nose and trachea. If the lungs filter air, give me a proof then. Make sure it is reliable. I can easily show you a picture from our books that the lungs does not filter air.  :-P

Bubbles in the blood are harmless not unless they exceed 20cc. >20cc results to air embolism. Those bubbles that I am referring to are microbubbles.  :-P

Why didn't you graduate? I suppose you've been arguing with your professors.. And you always lose to them. Then you decided to quit, is that it?

You are an EE graduate, which shatters your argument regarding health related subjects. :) You know water purifying process but you do not know well what the body does.

Maybe I didn't pay attention. But you aren't also paying attention to your keyboard. You modify your post after you post it.. I suggest you edit it before you post it.  :-)

Yes, we aren't trolling (baka yung mga makabasa dyan isipin na we are trolling each other). But if you are really trying to argue with me, show me proofs. I have disproved you sa argument mo kanina (regarding pH, kidneys and lungs, alam mo na yun) and now I again will, regarding the lungs again.

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2011, 01:48:38 PM »
Dust that reaches the sacs and the lower part of the airways where there are no cilia is attacked by special cells called macrophages. These are extremely important for the defense of the lungs. They keep the air sacs clean. Macrophages virtually swallow the particles. Then the macrophages, in a way which is not well understood, reach the part of the airways that is covered by cilia. The wavelike motions of the cilia move the macrophages which contain dust to the throat, where they are spat out or swallowed.

Phagocytosis is different from filtration. So that proves that the lungs do not filter air. I guess you understood it.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2011, 02:08:03 PM »
The LUNGS do not filter the air. Have you researched it? Gas is filtered in the upper respiratory tracts to begin with. Some of those are the nose and trachea. If the lungs filter air, give me a proof then. Make sure it is reliable. I can easily show you a picture from our books that the lungs does not filter air.  :-P

The lungs are a PART of the filtration system, therefore it FILTERS the air.

Bubbles in the blood are harmless not unless they exceed 20cc. >20cc results to air embolism. Those bubbles that I am referring to are microbubbles.  :-P

Then, you should have said microbubbles to begin with.  You plan to be a doctor, the use of proper terminologies are important, right?

Why didn't you graduate? I suppose you've been arguing with your professors.. And you always lose to them. Then you decided to quit, is that it?

No.  My interests in a profession changed, but my interest in science didn't.

You are an EE graduate,

You're still not paying attention.

which shatters your argument regarding health related subjects. :) You know water purifying process but you do not know well what the body does.

You're trying to save yourself by making me less knowledgeable.  The thing is, since we're talking about alkaline water, which you believe in, my being "less knowledgeable about biology" is hardly an issue.  (Take note why I enclosed it in quotation marks).  I can have Zero knowledge in biology, and it STILL WON'T matter.

Maybe I didn't pay attention. But you aren't also paying attention to your keyboard. You modify your post after you post it.. I suggest you edit it before you post it.  :-)

I modify to check spellings and grammar.  I'm not that good a typist.  But I do pay attention to the FACTS I write.

Unlike you.

Yes, we aren't trolling (baka yung mga makabasa dyan isipin na we are trolling each other). But if you are really trying to argue with me, show me proofs. I have disproved you sa argument mo kanina (regarding pH, kidneys and lungs, alam mo na yun)

You hardly disproved anything.  But, if it makes you sleep better at night...

and now I again will, regarding the lungs again.

I correct errors like this.

Phagocytosis is different from filtration. So that proves that the lungs do not filter air. I guess you understood it.

You have a poor grasp of what the process of filtration actually entails (aside from electrolysis, eh?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:16:55 PM by matanglawin »

New Manila Sound

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2011, 02:16:18 PM »
EE graduate na nga ayaw pa. I lifted up your spirit, mr undergraduate. :)

Wala pa ba akong nadidisprove? Diba sinabi mo kanina.. Kidneys lang ang regulator ng pH at hindi kasama ang lungs? Na in-your-face ka nga sa link na pinakita ko sayo eh. :))

Sir, wala ka pang naipapakita sa aking proof na nagfifilter ng air ang lungs. Search it up and pop up a link here. If you can't, then go study.

FACTS? What facts? That the lungs is not a part of pH regulation? That the lungs FILTER air?

So now.. Ako ang may poor grasp ng filtration? So you mean.. Sa pinakita mong site, may nakita ka bang filtration or what dun? Phagocytosis nga lang yung nandun eh.

And there is no such thing as a FILTRATION SYSTEM in the body. I know of the Limbic, Nervous, Respiratory, etc. system but ngayon ko lang nabasa yan. When did you invent that term?

I am not saving myself by making you less knowledgeable... Because you really are less knowledgeable than me anyway.

It seems that it takes you long before you can respond to me. Is that because.. You are reading your notes, mr. undergraduate?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:19:56 PM by freedom04 »