hulika

Author Topic: marketing thread locked  (Read 124986 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
Re: ESP/LTD Guitar Users Thread
« Reply #425 on: November 14, 2012, 10:28:49 PM »
SALI! Yung H-308 sana mas trip ko kaya lang kinulang sa breads.  :-D

Type ko yung bridge. :-D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 08:57:26 AM by toybitz »
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #426 on: November 15, 2012, 12:18:34 AM »
@ gunslinger

:) I really much preferred the one with the matte black hardware(h308). Also, tuning on this one is really stable and the neck is surpisingly easy as compared to a previous shecter 7s that i had. But what the heck, its a cheap 8 stringer.  :-D
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #427 on: November 15, 2012, 12:29:44 AM »
@ gunslinger

:) I really much preferred the one with the matte black hardware(h308). Also, tuning on this one is really stable and the neck is surpisingly easy as compared to a previous shecter 7s that i had. But what the heck, its a cheap 8 stringer.  :-D

Aren't Schecters' necks supposedly chunky? I find it somewhat uncomfortable to play Schecters - chunky necks, overall weight is a backbreaker. Have you tried the MH-417? I love that axe. It's a beautiful beast!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #428 on: November 15, 2012, 12:42:47 AM »
Aren't Schecters' necks supposedly chunky? I find it somewhat uncomfortable to play Schecters - chunky necks, overall weight is a backbreaker. Have you tried the MH-417? I love that axe. It's a beautiful beast!

Exactly. what i had was a schecter damien 7 and i really found that neck difficult(i have small hands too) but this 8 is surprising.

Offline phoenix_rising

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #429 on: November 15, 2012, 08:49:36 AM »
Exactly. what i had was a schecter damien 7 and i really found that neck difficult(i have small hands too) but this 8 is surprising.

The Schecter you got from me was 26 scale if i'm not mistaken, and neck is really chunky, i also had a hard time doing power chords on the lower frets.

Where did you get your 8 string?  The scale of the guitar is just 25.5, just like a regular guitar so it's easy on the hands to play.
Fuseboxx/Kastigo guitarist ESP Artist 2011
Graphtech Endorser Elixir strings and cables
Dealer of CHICKENPICKS  http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=312669.msg4325511#msg4325511

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #430 on: November 15, 2012, 10:28:50 AM »
there's an LTD H1007 at the Shangrila Lyric branch.

so anyone of you guys hunting for a 7 string for metal, I don't think you can get any more metal than that guitar :)

it's 40k I think, available for staggered payment via BDO.

anyway, active EMGs, fixed bridge, string thru, neck thru (or set thru, I can't tell), black finish, solid construction... she has it and more :)
FS: Effects Pedals, Blackstar HT5-R - http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=302374.0

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #431 on: November 15, 2012, 12:24:13 PM »
The Schecter you got from me was 26 scale if i'm not mistaken, and neck is really chunky, i also had a hard time doing power chords on the lower frets.

Where did you get your 8 string?  The scale of the guitar is just 25.5, just like a regular guitar so it's easy on the hands to play.

hey mico, yeah. Longer scale with the damien, but this guitar i have now fits me perfectly. not sure if its better but im very comfy with it. Got mine at lyric trinoma.  :-D

Offline phoenix_rising

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #432 on: November 15, 2012, 01:07:08 PM »
hey mico, yeah. Longer scale with the damien, but this guitar i have now fits me perfectly. not sure if its better but im very comfy with it. Got mine at lyric trinoma.  :-D

Hope my setup on your guitar is ok? about 85% of the guitars passes through me before they go out. I want people to be happy when they get their guitar.
Dealer of CHICKENPICKS  http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=312669.msg4325511#msg4325511

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #433 on: November 15, 2012, 05:11:56 PM »
there's an LTD H1007 at the Shangrila Lyric branch.

so anyone of you guys hunting for a 7 string for metal, I don't think you can get any more metal than that guitar :)

it's 40k I think, available for staggered payment via BDO.

anyway, active EMGs, fixed bridge, string thru, neck thru (or set thru, I can't tell), black finish, solid construction... she has it and more :)

Set-thru. I think yung mga neck-thru, sa ESP models lang. Not sure pero yun yung napansin ko when I was comparing a Horizon ESP to its LTD counterpart. I have a GAS on Horizon. It's fixed bridge in Black Aqua finish. Wala ata yun sa ESP Guitars site pero meron sa catalog. Must resist GAS muna.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #434 on: November 15, 2012, 08:20:36 PM »
Hope my setup on your guitar is ok? about 85% of the guitars passes through me before they go out. I want people to be happy when they get their guitar.

you set that up?! man, that is nice! String height is just right for me. :D you should ask Lyric too to carry ERG strings as well. I dont think theyre selling 8 strng sets and it IS killing me.  :-(

Offline phoenix_rising

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #435 on: November 16, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »
Set-thru. I think yung mga neck-thru, sa ESP models lang. Not sure pero yun yung napansin ko when I was comparing a Horizon ESP to its LTD counterpart. I have a GAS on Horizon. It's fixed bridge in Black Aqua finish. Wala ata yun sa ESP Guitars site pero meron sa catalog. Must resist GAS muna.

Don't resist, masasaktan ka lang eh hehehe. The H1007 is neck through.

you set that up?! man, that is nice! String height is just right for me. :D you should ask Lyric too to carry ERG strings as well. I dont think theyre selling 8 strng sets and it IS killing me.  :-(

Yup dumadaan muna sa akin mga guitars. 90% success naman when someone tries it, sold agad. I try to fix all the guitars that comes in but is almost impossible but still i want the customer happy with his/her new toy.

For now i suggest order youjr 8 strings through spankyrigor (Sherwin) uber reasonable prices niya,

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #436 on: November 16, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »
Don't resist, masasaktan ka lang eh hehehe. The H1007 is neck through.

I must. A Prestige then an ESP agad? Oh my wallet. lol

Set-through daw according to the website. http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/h-1007.html
Neck-through yung ESP. http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/esp-standard/horizon-nt2.html

Offline phoenix_rising

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #437 on: November 16, 2012, 11:16:37 AM »
I must. A Prestige then an ESP agad? Oh my wallet. lol

Set-through daw according to the website. http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/h-1007.html
Neck-through yung ESP. http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/esp-standard/horizon-nt2.html

Teka nga, lemme check my guitar ulit hehehehe

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #438 on: November 16, 2012, 11:22:58 AM »
Teka nga, lemme check my guitar ulit hehehehe

Kaya when I get an ESP, ESP na talaga, not LTD. If budgets permits of course. Neck-through yung ESP, set-through yung LTD. Ayoko na isipin. Baka mapabili ng di oras. :nosebleed:

Offline phoenix_rising

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #439 on: November 16, 2012, 11:25:19 AM »
Kaya when I get an ESP, ESP na talaga, not LTD. If budgets permits of course. Neck-through yung ESP, set-through yung LTD. Ayoko na isipin. Baka mapabili ng di oras. :nosebleed:

ISIP ISIP ISIP!!!!!!!!! :lol:

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #440 on: November 16, 2012, 03:15:36 PM »

Yup dumadaan muna sa akin mga guitars. 90% success naman when someone tries it, sold agad. I try to fix all the guitars that comes in but is almost impossible but still i want the customer happy with his/her new toy.

For now i suggest order youjr 8 strings through spankyrigor (Sherwin) uber reasonable prices niya,

Will do, bro.  :)

Offline inverted_hate

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #441 on: November 17, 2012, 07:16:52 AM »

yun nga lang not all of it though  :lol:

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #442 on: November 17, 2012, 07:53:42 AM »
any feedback guys on the ESP M1? single PUP EMG on the bridge with only one volume knob. Neck thru with TOM bridge and string thru routing, plus locking tuners. ebony fretboard. comes with a ESP hardcase.

it's selling used for $700. I think it's a great price for an ESP. about the guitar, the online reviews say it's a solid, well built guitar, but the glaring issue against is it the limited tonal options. personally I don't find it a problem since I only use one pickup when I play, and for metal, it's the bridge pickup that I go for.

some hate the active pickup choice (I think this guitar comes in with the EMG 81), but isn't the EMG "the" metal pickup of choice? I don't see it as a problem on my end...

plus, I love black. this is pure black class. any thoughts on this guitar guys?
FS: Effects Pedals, Blackstar HT5-R - http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=302374.0

Offline inverted_hate

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #443 on: November 17, 2012, 08:31:25 AM »
any feedback guys on the ESP M1? single PUP EMG on the bridge with only one volume knob. Neck thru with TOM bridge and string thru routing, plus locking tuners. ebony fretboard. comes with a ESP hardcase.

it's selling used for $700. I think it's a great price for an ESP. about the guitar, the online reviews say it's a solid, well built guitar, but the glaring issue against is it the limited tonal options. personally I don't find it a problem since I only use one pickup when I play, and for metal, it's the bridge pickup that I go for.

some hate the active pickup choice (I think this guitar comes in with the EMG 81), but isn't the EMG "the" metal pickup of choice? I don't see it as a problem on my end...

plus, I love black. this is pure black class. any thoughts on this guitar guys?

any "ESP" under 1k usd is super cheap...as an esp and emg user i must say that guitar is a keeper...and besides that guitar is made for metal so i don't think that is not an issue 

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #444 on: November 17, 2012, 08:33:12 AM »
any "ESP" under 1k usd is super cheap...as an esp and emg user i must say that guitar is a keeper...and besides that guitar is made for metal so i don't think that is not an issue

thanks bro! yup it's an ESP alright.

Offline extense161

« Reply #445 on: November 18, 2012, 12:35:17 PM »
wahhh!! @lyric sir pabili naman po ako n g ltd viper 256 aged vintage black!!! my 2nd guitar from lyric!! hahaha! this! http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/viper-256.html  :-P :razz: :money: :idea: >:D

09177444639 lyric please contact me taga quezon city po ako :D sana magkaroon sa trinoma branch pleaaasee :D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:37:02 PM by extense161 »

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #446 on: January 07, 2013, 07:38:46 PM »
The ESP M1 deal didn't push thru  :-(

So I got this instead :)

Previous owner apparently had extraordinary guitar care skills. She looks and feels new despite her age. And thanks to sir Arie, she's playing crazy easy now.

Horizon NT II specs:
- Mahogany body
- Quilted maple top
- Ebony fretboard
- Maple neck-thru design
- Seymour Duncan JB bridge and '59 neck pickups with coil tap on the tone knob
- Three way toggle
- Bone nut

She was upgraded with Sperzel locking tuners.

Happy new year guys! :D

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #447 on: January 07, 2013, 09:38:38 PM »
Great score maruzen! Maple neck yan? Pero hindi satin finish right?

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #448 on: January 07, 2013, 09:53:49 PM »
Great score maruzen! Maple neck yan? Pero hindi satin finish right?

Thank you bro! Your comments played a great deal in the acquisition of this ESP. No regrets now :)

Maple neck as it says on the specs. I can't actually tell visually, even tonally, haha :)

Neck has same finish as the rear of the body. Slick gloss type, but the Prestige neck feels faster.

Now I know why you guys dig archtops :) very slim body profile. guitar is light as, hmm, a stack of cotton briefs?  :-D

Thought about sanding down the neck, but I just couldn't...

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #449 on: January 07, 2013, 10:03:13 PM »
Thank you bro! Your comments played a great deal in the acquisition of this ESP. No regrets now :)

Maple neck as it says on the specs. I can't actually tell visually, even tonally, haha :)

Neck has same finish as the rear of the body. Slick gloss type, but the Prestige neck feels faster.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr172/nezuram/Guitars/ESP%20Horizon%20NT%20II/IMG_08461_zps3f550030.jpg

Now I know why you guys dig archtops :) very slim body profile. guitar is light as, hmm, a stack of cotton briefs?  :-D

Thought about sanding down the neck, but I just couldn't...

Glad I was able to help out.

Looks like the neck is in gloss finish. Prestige neck would definitely feel faster than glossy finish necks. Diggin' arch tops? Buy an RGA Prestige! lol OT. Don't sand the neck down bro. Leave it as is. Although if you plan to repaint it (like Mico), then I think that's the time you can sand the neck. Sayang yung finish.

As for me, matagal pa ako magkaron ng Horizon. Boo. :|