hulika

Author Topic: Recomended headphones  (Read 9540 times)

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
Recomended headphones
« on: August 28, 2006, 09:10:03 PM »
Hi,

what headphones would you recomend for recording?.. Na talagang maganda.. I'm not really looking for the cheapest i can get, so just recomend what you guys thinks is nice..  :D

thanks!

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
Recomended headphones
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 10:00:21 PM »
AKG
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Recomended headphones
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 11:40:30 PM »
beyerdynamic, AKG, fostex, sony, or audio technica
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Recomended headphones
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 12:28:07 AM »
I wonder if there's a local distro for Grado Labs. I heard their SR-60's are nice.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Recomended headphones
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 12:33:18 AM »
mga sir anong mas ok dito sa 2 na toh ? disregard the price ?

Audio-Technica ATH-T22 Dynamic Stereo Headphones

Sonic clarity through comfortably padded headphones for your listening pleasure.

These closed-back dynamic stereo headphones give you superior sound and comfort, thanks to a secure ear-fitting design for excellent isolation and sophisticated driver technology for clear sound. Features include proprietary 40mm drivers; maximized power handling capability; and clean, linear low end response. Self adjusting lightweight headband, generously padded ear cushions, and rotating earpieces allow for comfortable, versatile listening. 20Hz-22kHz frequency response.

Audio-Technica ATH-T22 Dynamic Stereo Headphones Features:

* Self-adjusting lightweight headband for long-wearing listening comfort
    * Circumaural design ensures superior isolation
    * Rotating earpieces for easy one-ear monitoring
    * Gold-plated 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo connector and 1/4" (6.3mm) adapter
    * Maximized power handling capability
    * Clean, linear low end response

Audio-Technica ATH-T22 Dynamic Stereo Headphones Specifications:

* Type: closed-back dynamic
    * Driver diameter: 40mm
    * Frequency response: 20Hz-22kHz
    * Maximum input power: 500mW at 1kHz
    * Sensitivity: 100dB
    * Impedance: 32 ohms
    * Weight: 6.0 oz (170g) without cable
    * Cable: 9.8' (3.0m)
    * Connector: 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini plug, snap on 1/4" (6.3 mm) adapter

Behringer
HPX2000 Headphones

The HPX2000 high-definition DJ headphones are high-quality DJ headphones for demanding users in home and live applications. Their superb frequency response, high-efficiency cobalt capsule and single-sided oxygen-free copper cord promise uncompromising performance. You get high-definition bass and super-transparent highs, and ultra-high dynamic range. There are flexible turnable and foldable round-shaped ear cups with ultra-rugged headband construction.

Features

* High-definition bass and super-transparent highs
    * Ultra-high dynamic range
    * High-efficiency cobalt capsule
    * Single-sided cord with oxygen-free copper wires
    * Rotating, reversible round-shaped ear cups
    * Ultra-rugged headband construction

Technical data

* Capsule diameter: 40 mm
    * Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
    * Max. power handling: 100 mW
    * Impedance: 64 Ohm
    * Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 kHz
    * Cord length: 2.0 m
    * Connector: 1⁄4" TRS stereo jack

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Recomended headphones
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 01:53:39 AM »
Quote from: KitC
I wonder if there's a local distro for Grado Labs. I heard their SR-60's are nice.

Kit, they are. I have the SR-80's which are not very much different from the SR-60's in detail except that it has an extended bass range. They aren't much in the looks department - they look like WW2 era communications headphones - but they sound really good. However, I think for recording purposes, nothing beats a set of closed ear cans. The Grado SR-60/80, athough great sounding, doesn't offer sound isolation because the foam pads basically just sit on top of your ears and do not entirely cover them. If you are using them to monitor, there might be some bleeding from the cans to the microphones depending on how close you are to the mic, and how high the gain set is.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Recomended headphones
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 02:35:19 AM »
Quote from: abyssinianson
Kit, they are. I have the SR-80's which are not very much different from the SR-60's in detail except that it has an extended bass range. They aren't much in the looks department - they look like WW2 era communications headphones -

Hehe, I hear 'ya!  :wink:  they remind me of my dad's crystal headphones he used with a wartime tube transceiver. Some of the beyer's look similar as well.

Gotcha on the bleed situation as well. I got a Sennheiser HD-280 Pro just for tracking... not so comfortable during long curing sessions. For mixing, it's better to use open backed cans like the AKG 240M or Senn HD650, but I heard good things about the ATH M40fs.

@bugoy - If you're going to use cans for an extended period of time, you want one that surrounds your ear (circumaural) instead of sitting on top of it (supra-aural). And you want it to be lightweight. Trust me.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Recomended headphones
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 03:53:56 AM »
@Kit, the AT M40fs are very good cans, priced well too. Those cans get a lot of use when I track, and compared to other 'phones, they are a bit heavier because of the size of the drivers. I also have the M40's main competitor, the Sony MDR 7506 which are nice but ar enot really all the different from the AT despite costing about 40-50 bucks more. I use the Sony's mainly for DJing because they are light, have a good frequency range and don't weight down on my head as much as the AT cans, or my older Pioneer silver HDJ's. A good add on for the AT is that it has a very, very long cord on it in case you need to track far from your DAW or don't have a headphone amp inside your vocal booth if you have one.

Offline Sound Weavers

Recomended headphones
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 08:13:11 AM »
AKG 240 Studio (was 240M)

Ultrasone ProLine

hope this helps,

Gerry

Offline Blueberri

Recomended headphones
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 09:23:26 AM »
dont get the ath-t22, they sound good enough...but the plastic parts are  prone to breaking...mine already has cracks, had to reinforce with epoxy...its about a year old...

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
Recomended headphones
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 01:25:23 PM »
thanks for the replies..

i'm considering the models ng at and akg..
san available sila?..

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Recomended headphones
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 01:57:07 PM »
Contact Tarkuz.

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
Recomended headphones
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 02:08:41 PM »
Quote from: teleclem
san available sila?..

Sound & Music People
Tel. 339-0767 or 562-6635
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline jplacson

Recomended headphones
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 05:55:15 PM »
Soundweaver... the AKG 240M and 240S are different models.  It gets a bit confusing, but one was designed specifically for consumer playback, and the other as studio monitors (don't be fooled because AFAIK, all AKG240 models carry the 'studio monitor' printed on the side)

If I remember right, it's the 240M(onitor) that was built for studios, and the 240S(tudio) was built for consumers.

A step up, are the AKG 240DFs which were re-equalized to mimic mixing room behavior.  These are 600Ohm cans btw, so aside from this, you will need a good headphone amp.
DOPPLER AUDIO

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Recomended headphones
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 09:57:50 PM »
Hi,

what headphones would you recomend for recording?.. Na talagang maganda.. I'm not really looking for the cheapest i can get, so just recomend what you guys thinks is nice..  :D

thanks!

try mo yun audio technica
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
Recomended headphones
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 01:37:32 AM »
i use akg k 240.. but ULTRASONE i guess is a better one ..they claim you will have better spatial hearing experience especially surround sound and prevents hearing strain and also prevents hearing loss.  8)
Music is art in sound...

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
Recomended headphones
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 01:41:39 AM »
JPL
i think the consumer model is used by dj's too.. newer model akg k 240 MONITOR is printed on the cans.
Music is art in sound...

Offline les_paul_magic

Recomended headphones
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 11:01:48 AM »
Im using ATH M30 Audio technica.. bought it for $30. Its my first monitoring headphones so i cant really compair to other phones. But i know its better than my sony.

Offline dequi09

• Veteran Member
Recomended headphones
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 08:42:31 PM »
i RECOMMEND hd 280 pRO NG SENNHEISER, kaso nasira agad ang cable, replaceable sya pro hindi ako makakita kung san bibili, wala naman sa Yupangco (BAKA MAY ALAM KAYO BILIHAN).. Yung Grado Labs na Headphone, mabagsik din, na-try ko sa Asiatec Pink Noise dati..
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. For in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working, nor planning, nor knowledge, nor wisdom"  - Ecclesiastes 9:10

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Recomended headphones
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2006, 10:31:10 PM »
The HD280 is great for surgical edits. It's the only headphones I've had where you can really feel the bass. But I also have a cheap pair of AKG K220M cans (precursor to the K44); lightweight, sounds good... my 'everyday' work phones - just don't use them for tracking. I used to have some Sony studio monitor cans, MDR-V something, I don''t remember the model anymore but they came before the 7509s. These were supra-aural and after 2 or more hours of continuous use, folds of my ears literally hurt from the pressure.

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
Recomended headphones
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 09:23:52 PM »
Quote from: abyssinianson
@Kit, the AT M40fs are very good cans, priced well too. Those cans get a lot of use when I track, and compared to other 'phones, they are a bit heavier because of the size of the drivers...

i used to own a pair.  theyre pretty flat, meaning u mont get a lot of bass there.  i dropped the thing and one side came off.  too bad.  after a while the black rubber covering the foam portion just comes off too.  u get clarity out of these cans though, and yes, theyre not as expensive as the akg's.

ive tried the behringers and seriously can't hear a big difference with el cheapo cans made in china (after experiencing the AT m40fs i sort of expected the same quality out of supposedly pro cans).  they just look cooler i guess.
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline sQuid

tanong po
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 04:24:39 PM »
ok po ba yung AKG k66? meron kasi ako nung AT M20, pang monitor lang ng track recordings para hindi mabulabog kapitbahay ko... gusto sana magtry ng iba pero low budget lang po.. :?
<::denjerus::>

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
Recomended headphones
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 09:37:28 PM »
peace to all

siguro malamang...gagamit din ako ng phones...hehehe...contacing ko na sir tarkuz..maganda daw talaga ung AT and AKG...mas daw ang AKG... :)
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

ROMANS 1:16 DI PALALAMPASIN Mtvon Youtube: CLICK here>>> Di Palalampasin

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
AKG distributor
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 10:21:32 AM »
san available sila?..

New location and contact numbers

Sound & Music People
Sunshine Boulevard Plaza
1328 Quezon Ave. corner Scout Santiago & Panay Ave.
Quezon City

Tel. 376-4650
Fax 376-4647

Offline sQuid

Recomended headphones
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2006, 11:11:41 AM »
Quote from: bindoy
peace to all

siguro malamang...gagamit din ako ng phones...hehehe...contacing ko na sir tarkuz..maganda daw talaga ung AT and AKG...mas daw ang AKG... :)

regardless the model?
<::denjerus::>