hulika

Author Topic: Adobe Audition 2.0?  (Read 1758 times)

Offline tony2tone

• Veteran Member
Adobe Audition 2.0?
« on: September 05, 2006, 09:05:03 PM »
Is Adobe Audition a good program to record and edit music? I usually plug in my guitar to a preamp then to a PC to record tunes. I'm just in the learning process pa and most of the studios here in Cebu use Cubase or Sony Vegas. Is Adobe the same as the other programs I mentioned, and whats a good substitute for monitor speakers, because real one's are a bit expensive.  Pasensya napo mga sir if madami po akong tanong  :D

The Blues is the Roots, everything else is the Fruits.-Willie Dixon

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
Adobe Audition 2.0?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 08:48:14 AM »
the interface is user-friendly.. some forumers here use Adobe Audition..i use it myself..

they say its for beginner-intermediate users.. but you can do alot with this program
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline sQuid

me too
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 01:20:42 PM »
i use audition too, kasi i sometimes experience dropouts and latency problems with cakewalk. oks din yung vegas soundblast pero masmaganda features ng auditon.

wala nga lang ata siyang support sa mga vsti na downloadable sa net..or meron ba? :lol:
<::denjerus::>

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: me too
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 01:32:20 PM »
Quote from: sQuid
wala nga lang ata siyang support sa mga vsti na downloadable sa net..or meron ba? :lol:

Meron. Just run the 'Refresh Effects List' command sa Effects menu, it will recognize all installed VSTs as long as defined ang folder ng VST plugins.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline sQuid

vst for audition
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 03:38:41 PM »
nag-DL po kasi ako dito nung mga virtual synths galing sa plug-ins thread (yung mga keyboards etc..link niyo yata yun sir kitc eh..hehe)..

i saved it sa HD and i refreshed the effects list ng audition but the synth plug ins fell on the "unsupported" category... :cry:
<::denjerus::>

Offline TheHunter

Adobe Audition 2.0?
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 04:33:54 PM »
I use Audition as well and I'm quite happy and comfortable using this program. I tried using other DAW like Cubase but I still go back to Audition. I think because it's a user friendly and good features. I've been using and v1.5 without problem and quite stable except that does not support ASIO, v2 supports ASIO but it seems is not stable I experience dropouts sometime perhaps hardware issues.

I think whatever DAW you used as long you're comfortable of using it and ur happy with its features then stick to it. I don't think there are major issues in sound quality comparing DAW softwares.

Music production is a "finish product" eg. wav, mp3,CDs. We don't normally share un-mixdown music that we worried of softwares compatability.  :wink:
Let your ears teach your fingers.  :wink: