hulika

Author Topic: ★ BLACKSTAR Amps and Pedals Users Thread  (Read 193142 times)

Offline phoenix_rising

• Forum Fanatic
Re: ★ BLACKSTAR Amps and Pedals Users Thread
« Reply #800 on: July 17, 2014, 02:08:36 PM »
Anybody here owns the HT Metal 1? Kamusta siya?

Ask Caren.  :)
Fuseboxx/Kastigo guitarist ESP Artist 2011
Graphtech Endorser Elixir strings and cables
Dealer of CHICKENPICKS  http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=312669.msg4325511#msg4325511

Offline j.escueta

« Reply #801 on: July 17, 2014, 11:08:05 PM »
Whats a good speaker to match with the ht5? After comparing it with my id:core parang kulang sa top-end detail yng ht5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #802 on: July 18, 2014, 07:36:17 AM »
Whats a good speaker to match with the ht5? After comparing it with my id:core parang kulang sa top-end detail yng ht5

That's actually because of the Governor. With the stock speaker on the HT5R combo, you get a lot of top end even at the clean's tone control @ noon.

Offline jlimotlimot

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #803 on: July 18, 2014, 09:10:35 PM »
Joining in the club:

Offline j.escueta

« Reply #804 on: July 18, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »

That's actually because of the Governor. With the stock speaker on the HT5R combo, you get a lot of top end even at the clean's tone control @ noon.

Thanks for the reply bro.

Miski seventy 80 pwede na pala ha.

Offline dendelion

« Reply #805 on: July 21, 2014, 09:31:21 AM »
does anyone know if the lt pedals are already available in lyric?

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #806 on: July 24, 2014, 03:38:32 PM »
any suggestion kung ano magandang tube na ipalit for ht5r. sorry guys this was my first tube amp and i admit na wala pa ko masyadong alam sa tubes. thanks.
Instead of searching for what to buy next, why not search for what to learn next?

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #807 on: July 24, 2014, 08:57:59 PM »
any suggestion kung ano magandang tube na ipalit for ht5r. sorry guys this was my first tube amp and i admit na wala pa ko masyadong alam sa tubes. thanks.

JJs. TADs.

Offline vantonilin

« Reply #808 on: July 27, 2014, 07:43:01 AM »
I'm thinking of buying an HT5RH. Ano ba dapat cab pwede dito? HT110? HT112?

When I asked the sales sa Lyric dapat daw yung Balckstar cab with the two speakers. Masisira lang daw yung HT110/HT112. Nalito tuloy ako.

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #809 on: July 27, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »
I'm thinking of buying an HT5RH. Ano ba dapat cab pwede dito? HT110? HT112?

When I asked the sales sa Lyric dapat daw yung Balckstar cab with the two speakers. Masisira lang daw yung HT110/HT112. Nalito tuloy ako.

Whoever said that is either tricking you or untrained enough to handle the product. Hindi masisira yun. You are fine with either the 110 or 112 but i would recommend the 112.

Offline dmolester

• Netizen Level
« Reply #810 on: July 27, 2014, 11:58:06 AM »
Good Morning po... i just want to ask po, since wala pong effects loop ang HT1r, how can i use my delay and chorus modulations with the amp distortions?Hindi po ba magiging pangit/too dirty yung delay? I will be using it po for lead lines.. Thanks :)
notes, riffs and style can be replicated, but not the soul and essence of your music... so be THE ONLY ONE!

Offline cheddar

« Reply #811 on: July 27, 2014, 08:13:55 PM »
experiencing a problem with my ht50 head. pag naka dirt channel, either vintage o modern setting, nagkaka intermetent loss of trebble. either trebble or gain yung nawawala, parang na-ngongongo sya ng konti... nawawala yung top end fizz nya sa dulo. i mean, may gain pero yun nga nawawala yung top end fizz sa dulo... i hope i'm making any sense. :wave: salamat sa mag reply.

Offline vantonilin

« Reply #812 on: July 31, 2014, 05:07:15 PM »
Finally got an HT5rh. At first I used the speaker of my Fender Pro Junior III since wala pa akong cab. It didn't sound as good as what I heard when I tested the head sa store. Speaker: 30W 8 Ohms matched sa head naman. Ang layo ng tunog ng overdrive if nakakabit sa fender na speakers compared sa HT112. Any idea bakit ganun ang labas sa fender na speaker?

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #813 on: July 31, 2014, 05:42:42 PM »
Finally got an HT5rh. At first I used the speaker of my Fender Pro Junior III since wala pa akong cab. It didn't sound as good as what I heard when I tested the head sa store. Speaker: 30W 8 Ohms matched sa head naman. Ang layo ng tunog ng overdrive if nakakabit sa fender na speakers compared sa HT112. Any idea bakit ganun ang labas sa fender na speaker?

Speaker voicing.

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #814 on: July 31, 2014, 05:52:19 PM »
JJs. TADs.

thanks sir. Just to confirm, self bias ba yung ht5r? Read from some other forums and some peole said it was. :?
Instead of searching for what to buy next, why not search for what to learn next?

Offline j.escueta

« Reply #815 on: July 31, 2014, 06:48:42 PM »
Does anyone know where i can get a 12BH7 power tube for the HT5?

Called their branches in MOA, Trinoma, Megamall and Glorieta - no stock.  Can't believe they don't carry the power tube for the products they carry. 

Offline vantonilin

« Reply #816 on: July 31, 2014, 07:29:21 PM »
Speaker voicing.

Thanks cayle! Akala ko hindi ganun kalaki difference with different models and brands ng speakers. Ang layo talaga ng overdrive sound niya!

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #817 on: July 31, 2014, 08:21:10 PM »
thanks sir. Just to confirm, self bias ba yung ht5r? Read from some other forums and some peole said it was. :?

HT5's are fixed bias, but under the chasis could be a trim pot for biasing, the stock 12bh7 works well out of the box,

back then i tried swapping out the stock one with a jj ecc99, the amp became too dark sounding and switch back to the stock one,

who knows if i played around the trim pots what could have happened

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #818 on: August 01, 2014, 12:37:25 PM »
HT5's are fixed bias, but under the chasis could be a trim pot for biasing, the stock 12bh7 works well out of the box,

back then i tried swapping out the stock one with a jj ecc99, the amp became too dark sounding and switch back to the stock one,

who knows if i played around the trim pots what could have happened
thanks sir bryan.  :)

Offline j.escueta

« Reply #819 on: August 03, 2014, 12:35:08 PM »
Demmit.  My HT5 head has the low volume issue.  Don't know if it's the power tube because its not available sa Lyric.  Swapped out the preamp tubes pero ganun pa rin.  Sprayed contact cleaner on the external holes on the amp.  Nada.

Rant 1.  Doesn't make sense that Lyric doesn't carry the power tubes.  Para kang nag benta ng BMW na wala kang replacement parts.   :? :?  Called the Lyric main office, talked to a 'Mico' from marketing.  Sabi sakin they will inform blackstar.  Another 'scratch head' moment. 

Rant 2.  For such and expensive amp - quality issues.  sus.  All over the internet.  (no more warranty tong akin).

sucks.

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #820 on: August 03, 2014, 12:45:42 PM »
Demmit.  My HT5 head has the low volume issue.  Don't know if it's the power tube because its not available sa Lyric.  Swapped out the preamp tubes pero ganun pa rin.  Sprayed contact cleaner on the external holes on the amp.  Nada.

Rant 1.  Doesn't make sense that Lyric doesn't carry the power tubes.  Para kang nag benta ng BMW na wala kang replacement parts.   :? :?  Called the Lyric main office, talked to a 'Mico' from marketing.  Sabi sakin they will inform blackstar.  Another 'scratch head' moment. 

Rant 2.  For such and expensive amp - quality issues.  sus.  All over the internet.  (no more warranty tong akin).

sucks.

hi bro. could you elaborate more on the "low volume issue". thanks.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline j.escueta

« Reply #821 on: August 03, 2014, 02:49:38 PM »
hi bro. could you elaborate more on the "low volume issue". thanks.

it doesn't get loud as before.  Ang hina ng volume.  It sometimes returns to its normal loudness when i turn it off and on again.  Intermittent.  Pero most of the time, ang hina ng loudness miski lakasan ko ng todo.

Fluctuating volume also.  I set my volume knob to 9 o'clock for example, tapos hihina, lalakas. 

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #822 on: August 03, 2014, 09:32:54 PM »
it doesn't get loud as before.  Ang hina ng volume.  It sometimes returns to its normal loudness when i turn it off and on again.  Intermittent.  Pero most of the time, ang hina ng loudness miski lakasan ko ng todo.

Fluctuating volume also.  I set my volume knob to 9 o'clock for example, tapos hihina, lalakas.

ah, ok. might be best if you'll bring it to a technician so he can test the power tubes. probably that's the cause. hope everything ends well.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline j.escueta

« Reply #823 on: August 08, 2014, 09:08:04 AM »
a BIG thank you to Mico Ong of Lyric for giving my a 12BH7 power tube!

Problem is, sira talaga yung amp.  Brought it to an amp technician yesterday to have it repaired.

Offline phoenix_rising

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #824 on: August 08, 2014, 10:22:49 AM »
a BIG thank you to Mico Ong of Lyric for giving my a 12BH7 power tube!

Problem is, sira talaga yung amp.  Brought it to an amp technician yesterday to have it repaired.

No problem. Just waiting for the parts from Blackstar.
Fuseboxx/Kastigo guitarist ESP Artist 2011
Graphtech Endorser Elixir strings and cables
Dealer of CHICKENPICKS  http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=312669.msg4325511#msg4325511