hulika

Author Topic: Skyrim?  (Read 64358 times)

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
Re: Skyrim?
« Reply #225 on: January 26, 2012, 01:43:43 AM »
i finished the Companion's Quest, and it sucked ... i only have one left: the Civil War quest

i've been taking my time doing all the active quests in my journal, just because i want it to look clean lol

im also traveling solo now, because chain sneak killing with a dagger is really cool (you can chain sneak kill 2-3 guys if you time it right) ... and a level 3 storm call shout just kills everything!

its also cool to kill dragons in mid-air. did it twice tonight lol ... tag the dragon with "marked for death" and let it fly around for a few seconds... the longer you leave it, the weaker its armor gets till you can one shot it with an arrow and take 1/4 of its life - even if its an Ancient Dragon.

i have the best gear with 96% resist in everything (using a Lord Stone blessing) ....

im thinking i'll be done with the game before March... i only have 4 more achievements to go... 3 of them i can get via Civil War Quest, and the last one is the hardest - read 50 skill books!

heres a cool screenshot:

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:46:35 AM by IncX »

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #226 on: January 26, 2012, 06:32:12 PM »
have you noticed that mages are just too underpowered in skyrim?

i mean, take this for instance, here are the ways you can increase weapon damage:

-leveling up specific weapon
-smithing
-enchanting
-hit the opponent with Marked For Death (a very easy spell to hotkey cause it doesnt take up weapon space)
-sneak attacks

here are the ways to increase magic damage:

-leveling up specific magic tree
-hitting the opponent with one of those aversion potions

that's it.

and lets not take into account that the only way an enemy  can resist weapon damage is thru armor, and a lot of enemies have poor armor. while in the case of magic, most enemies are resistant to frost and fire, while they do not take as much shock damage. it means youll be doing a lot of magic shifting.

also, the master destruction spells are too slow to cast to ever be practical.

and finally, when you run out of magicka, you cannot do anything but be a punching bag ... when you run out of stamina, you can still swing weapons, albeit not do any power attacks - still a far cry from being defenseless.

sometimes, im convinced that if you wanna make Skyrim more difficult than Master Difficulty, you should be playing a mage.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #227 on: January 26, 2012, 06:42:56 PM »
I'm just upping my stats now (70), maxing out my smithing and enchanting skills, and making lots of armor (I'll be able to make Daedric and Dragon Armors soon).  I can do 1-hit sneak kills with either Mehrune's Razor or my own Dragon Ebony Sword with Lightning Damage and Soul Trap, and 1-hit power-slashes with the Glass Greatsword of Burning (which I could not do with my Dragon Ebony Great Sword with soul trap. I guess extra burn/frost/lighting damage helps).

Then I'll do the civil war quest. 

Can't do a decent screenshot of my kewl kills yet though...
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #228 on: January 26, 2012, 07:00:31 PM »

making Iron daggers increases your smithing just as much as making dragon armors, hehehe... same thing with enchanting and petty soul gems.

i wasted a lot of Grand Soul Gems thinking they'd make me level up faster, hehe.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #229 on: January 26, 2012, 07:45:14 PM »
making Iron daggers increases your smithing just as much as making dragon armors, hehehe... same thing with enchanting and petty soul gems.

i wasted a lot of Grand Soul Gems thinking they'd make me level up faster, hehe.

That's what I did.  I've enchanted daggers, shields, rings, circlets and amulets with petty soul gems (which I have a lot).  I've smithed a few daggers and short swords, refined them, enchanted them, and sold them later on.  The back and forth are tiring and bores me at times (especially when the load times between doors take "forever"), but it's a fast way of upping stats.  I have neglected other skill sets, since I focused mainly on smithing and enchanting, plus the armor and battle skills.

Sneak-killing is the BOMB.  No more lengthy battles with tougher opponents.

New Manila Sound

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #230 on: January 26, 2012, 09:34:11 PM »
yeah I have to agree on the mage thing, what I did on my first char (81 high elf) was I enchanted my stuff to remove the magicka cost of destruction spells
those master destruction spells are quite useless given their cast time and their one off damage.. you can deal more damage with the AoE adept and expert spells.
you also have to be cautious when bringing followers coz they're likely to get killed anyways. i've killed uthgerd and the bald guy coz of AoE spells.

being a mage was quite boring compared to my character now which is a sneak type/upfront khajiit. But it's easier to kill dragons with my mage.

==============

just made full sets of Daedric armor for me and my companion. (2nd char, 37 khajiit)
CLICK TO see baกิิิิิิat boys FB page!!!also check out my other band Skylines Forget

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2012, 02:16:15 PM »
yah! i got that Dragon Soul absorb bug too ... it happened after i killed the dragon and it was rolling down the hills, i  chased it and looted it but no soul came out of it lol

I experienced this twice, while I had the Kahvozein's Fang (the dagger used to carve out Dragon Heart Scales) in my inventory (a quest related to Tolfdir).  When I removed it, it was back to normal.

New Manila Sound

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #232 on: January 28, 2012, 11:17:47 AM »
I experienced this twice, while I had the Kahvozein's Fang (the dagger used to carve out Dragon Heart Scales) in my inventory (a quest related to Tolfdir).  When I removed it, it was back to normal.

ohhh... cool weapon, i still dont have that!

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #233 on: January 28, 2012, 10:04:56 PM »
ohhh... cool weapon, i still dont have that!

It's of the Dragon Priest weapon class.  I found a similar dagger, but didn't pick it up, during my mask hunt.  I have all 9 flavors.

---

I've finished the Civil War Quest, with the Stormcloaks.  Shadowmere is pretty handy in distracting enemy soldiers, since it's immortal.  I usually let the soldiers fight amongst themselves, and hit enemies from behind, or, when isolated, I strike twice, run, then strike another, then back.  Marked for Death is useful when they're bunched together coming at you, and they become easy pickings, even for my allies.

Now that that's done, I'll make all sorts of armor.  I've bought Hjerim at Windhelm.  Though it's only two floors high, it's about 3x wider than Proudspire Manor, squarish, and has about 4 mannequins, and an option for an Armory.

I still have about 30K worth of gold, which I got from selling jewels and jewelry, enhanced weapons that I picked up in later miscellaneous and Thane quests (falmers and draugrs have been dropping expensive ebony weapons), Dark brotherhood missions, and my charater's wife Ysolda, whose biggest earning given to me was around 4K. The trick is waiting a lot, especially when you've reached an objective point at night where every friggin house is closed.

My battle skills, smithing and enchanting are now at 100 (heavy armor, with enhancements, are at 140, Light armor, at 110), but I can't get my armor rating past 500 (as I've read, is pretty useless since anything above 500 is disregarded by the system).  I think I need to make armor and gear specifically for smithing.

New Manila Sound

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2012, 12:41:37 AM »

hehe, do that and you'd be bumping the difficulty level to master... the only disadvantage in Master is that i cannot one shot sneak kill with bows anymore, but fully upgraded weapons made with +Smithing clothes and a +50% to smithing potion gets your stuff up to ridiculous levels - although not as ridiculous as one-shot killing Draugr Deathlords lol

im currently trying to get my Alchemy to 100 ... it is hard, it requires NOTES lol since you have to get the potion with the most effects (doesnt matter if they are positive and negative effects all at once), to get more XP points.

i havent started the Civil War Quest... its probably the last quest i have in the game, and i wanna come out OP lol

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2012, 01:04:15 AM »
Guys ask ko lang kung meron pa ba na level dependent na quest like The Man Who Cried Wolf to The Wolf Queen Awakened?

Until nag-level up don pa lang darating yung courier?
Click Here

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2012, 01:13:39 AM »
hehe, do that and you'd be bumping the difficulty level to master... the only disadvantage in Master is that i cannot one shot sneak kill with bows anymore, but fully upgraded weapons made with +Smithing clothes and a +50% to smithing potion gets your stuff up to ridiculous levels - although not as ridiculous as one-shot killing Draugr Deathlords lol

im currently trying to get my Alchemy to 100 ... it is hard, it requires NOTES lol since you have to get the potion with the most effects (doesnt matter if they are positive and negative effects all at once), to get more XP points.

i havent started the Civil War Quest... its probably the last quest i have in the game, and i wanna come out OP lol

I think I was able to pick up an alchemy recipe book somewhere, but since I don't really mix my own potions too much (I either pick up I find especially on later levels where almost everything is near maxed out or just buy when I'm at the shops), I haven't really read it, and my alchemy has stayed low.  Maybe I'll use one of the exploits to max the rest of my skills out.

Guys ask ko lang kung meron pa ba na level dependent na quest like The Man Who Cried Wolf to The Wolf Queen Awakened?

Yes.  level dependent quests, like some Daedric quests, become available as soon as you hit the required level.

Check the FAQs.

New Manila Sound

Offline rockizta123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2012, 03:24:30 AM »
Feeling ko nilalaro ko na rin siya kasi pianpanood ko yung playthrough ni tobuscus sa youtube :lol:
funny guy,check him out, and his other videos. Sorry for flagging him :lol:

Offline rrmode1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2012, 09:55:31 AM »
Dammit. Can't play the game on Ultra since apparently, Skyrim can't detect my discreet GPU. Yung only graphics adapter na nakikita niya ay yung Intel HD.  :x

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2012, 01:40:55 AM »

hmmm, i think yung mga courier related na quests ay dependent sa pag level up... still not sure though.

i completed everything in Skyrim... 99% achievement... i only need to read 5 more books for 100% achievement lol

i think i need to start a new character cause the job quests are boring. it takes me 2 seconds to kill a giant in master difficulty and longer for ancient dragons since they fly around.

and yes, the Civil War quests sucked... its just about you killing as many simple opponents as much as possible ... all of them die in 1 shot to my arrows and i never took any real damage.

i rank the quests as, highest ranking to lowest:

1.) Main Quest - its the best since the storyline is a lot more involved and you wont be doing anything tedious and repetitive. you'll usually be fighting undead and dragons here.

2.) Daedric Quests - i would have rank it number one, except its not a real quest line but rather, something you have to look for in the skyrim world. there are 15 all in all ... the items are cool, and you get to check out different story angles.

3.) Dark Brotherhood - very cool ending. and i love all of the characters.

4.) College of Winterhold - not really as good, but just because it has a Harry Potter thing to it, and i find myself "talking" to almost all of the characters just to hear their stories.

5.) Thieves Guild - i did not like this quest since it involved doing tedious and repetitive stuff. the best thing about this quest is that you get Chillrend... a Glass Sword with better base damage than a daedric sword.

6.) Companions - very good intro, but everything else sucked... from the rewards to the storyline.

7.) Civil War - bad storyline angle ... and the quests are just tedious... i could cast Storm Call and just wait for everything to die.

stuff like The Blades, i dont consider them quests... just side missions.

i did not include "searching for Dragon Priest Masks and Dragon Shouts" because they arent real quest lines... they are just stuff you do to get rewards. they are OK ... youd be fighting a lot of undead and there were times it got boring that i just wanted it to end. i dont like long dungeons at all

i recommend that one complete everything before taking on the final main quest... it would feel good fighting Alduin as an overpowered level 58-er in Master difficulty
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:44:16 AM by IncX »

Offline tops_in_saucers

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2012, 03:32:02 AM »
Dammit. Can't play the game on Ultra since apparently, Skyrim can't detect my discreet GPU. Yung only graphics adapter na nakikita niya ay yung Intel HD.  :x

What's your computer?
\"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.\"

Offline rrmode1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #241 on: January 30, 2012, 07:03:13 AM »
What's your computer?

It's an HP DV4-3106tx laptop, man. Ok naman yung other games. Skyrim lang. Lol. Actually searched for fixes online. Turns out walang concrete solution at talaga palang problema ng Skyrim with AMD-equipped laptops.  <_<

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2012, 07:34:05 AM »
I've been playing on low but I don't mind.  Even with a 2.0 GHz i7, it's still slow at times, especially when other apps are or have been running.

New Manila Sound

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2012, 08:02:05 AM »
hmmm, i think yung mga courier related na quests ay dependent sa pag level up... still not sure though.

i completed everything in Skyrim... 99% achievement... i only need to read 5 more books for 100% achievement lol

i think i need to start a new character cause the job quests are boring. it takes me 2 seconds to kill a giant in master difficulty and longer for ancient dragons since they fly around.

and yes, the Civil War quests sucked... its just about you killing as many simple opponents as much as possible ... all of them die in 1 shot to my arrows and i never took any real damage.

i rank the quests as, highest ranking to lowest:

1.) Main Quest - its the best since the storyline is a lot more involved and you wont be doing anything tedious and repetitive. you'll usually be fighting undead and dragons here.

2.) Daedric Quests - i would have rank it number one, except its not a real quest line but rather, something you have to look for in the skyrim world. there are 15 all in all ... the items are cool, and you get to check out different story angles.

3.) Dark Brotherhood - very cool ending. and i love all of the characters.

4.) College of Winterhold - not really as good, but just because it has a Harry Potter thing to it, and i find myself "talking" to almost all of the characters just to hear their stories.

5.) Thieves Guild - i did not like this quest since it involved doing tedious and repetitive stuff. the best thing about this quest is that you get Chillrend... a Glass Sword with better base damage than a daedric sword.

6.) Companions - very good intro, but everything else sucked... from the rewards to the storyline.

7.) Civil War - bad storyline angle ... and the quests are just tedious... i could cast Storm Call and just wait for everything to die.

stuff like The Blades, i dont consider them quests... just side missions.

i did not include "searching for Dragon Priest Masks and Dragon Shouts" because they arent real quest lines... they are just stuff you do to get rewards. they are OK ... youd be fighting a lot of undead and there were times it got boring that i just wanted it to end. i dont like long dungeons at all

i recommend that one complete everything before taking on the final main quest... it would feel good fighting Alduin as an overpowered level 58-er in Master difficulty

Oh I already hit the ceiling, Level 81... Sana wala ng quest like The Wolf Queen Awakened which is level-up dependent quest. I find Dark Brotherhood quest the best so I'm saving it for last. Masyadong mahina na si Alduin kapag mataas ang level, tapos may kasama pang Heroes... After a Dragonrend and a few hack and slash... it's over.
Click Here

Offline boybangs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2012, 08:37:20 AM »
Mayroon akong mga books na shown in red sa chest ko sa bahay, ano ba mga yun at bakit red? Tinry ko naman basahin at ibalik sa chest ganun pa din. Mayroon ba akong dapat gawin sa mga books na red?
Google is your friend.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2012, 11:05:57 AM »
Mayroon akong mga books na shown in red sa chest ko sa bahay, ano ba mga yun at bakit red? Tinry ko naman basahin at ibalik sa chest ganun pa din. Mayroon ba akong dapat gawin sa mga books na red?

Red means it's stolen...

New Manila Sound

Offline boybangs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #246 on: January 30, 2012, 12:02:23 PM »
Red means it's stolen...

Ah. Hehe. Thanks sir ML. Dapat pala madispose na mga yun.  :eek:
Google is your friend.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2012, 12:51:16 PM »
Ah. Hehe. Thanks sir ML. Dapat pala madispose na mga yun.  :eek:

If it's in your chest, no one will bother knocking at your door with a warrant.  If it's in your inventory, and you either get arrested or paid your bounty, it'll be taken from you.

Later on in the game, there's a perk called "Master Merchant" that allows you to trade stolen goods.  I don't steal anything unless it's part of the mission, and I do have some I stole by accident (I was picking up another item, but picked that instead, and forgot about it).

New Manila Sound

Offline boybangs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2012, 01:05:36 PM »
If it's in your chest, no one will bother knocking at your door with a warrant.  If it's in your inventory, and you either get arrested or paid your bounty, it'll be taken from you.

Later on in the game, there's a perk called "Master Merchant" that allows you to trade stolen goods.  I don't steal anything unless it's part of the mission, and I do have some I stole by accident (I was picking up another item, but picked that instead, and forgot about it).

I don't steal either. Maybe the ones in my chest are those acquired from missions.  :wave:

With regards to missions, still a long way to go for me. I only play on weekends. Still levelling my enchanting and still don't have idea on what to enchant my armors and weapons with.  :-o

Masarap kasi mamasyal and savour the sceneries.  :cute:
Google is your friend.

Offline tops_in_saucers

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2012, 02:24:38 PM »
It's an HP DV4-3106tx laptop, man. Ok naman yung other games. Skyrim lang. Lol. Actually searched for fixes online. Turns out walang concrete solution at talaga palang problema ng Skyrim with AMD-equipped laptops.  <_<

My laptop is HP and is equipped with AMD Radeon 6770. I can run the game with High settings.  Naka "fixed" ba yung switchable graphics mo?
\"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.\"