hulika

Author Topic: Xotic EP Booster overdrive saturation  (Read 1131 times)

Offline abre

• Veteran Member
Xotic EP Booster overdrive saturation
« on: December 08, 2011, 04:48:39 PM »
Guys question, I got an EP booster.. sa mga demos sa youtube pag mga after 12 o'clock yun knob... nagiging mala overdrive sya...
but in my case it increases just the volume of my guitar. 

Bale setup is Tele->EP booster->Fender Princeton (solid state amp).

Baka dahil ba hindi ako naka tube amp or something?

Need advise please.

Thanks!  :-)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Xotic EP Booster overdrive saturation
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 04:58:42 PM »
As with any clean booster, parang pinupush mo yung volume ng mabuti until it slightly breaks up. That's how it works. You can try to raise your volume to the point where there's subtle break up, then use the EPB to push it more.

If you want a dedicated OD, the EPB won't cut it. Pero if you want to push a clean amp into subtle OD, you've god to push it hard via the EPB to the clean headroom's limit -- often times at a loud enough volume.. Or you may push a slightly overdriven tone into a dirtier mess with the EPB.. or add some extra push on a dirty tone.. That's how it works.. Mas nagiging dynamic at glassy (from my experience) yung pushed sound compared kung hindi.

Offline gyrome

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 05:04:32 PM »
Sa tube amp mas effective..

Offline abre

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 09:59:41 PM »
Thanks bros  :)

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 09:04:26 AM »
It's a clean boost pedal. Clean lang talaga yan. Sa demos na naririnig mo, it's not the pedal you hear. In fact, you don't here any tone alteration because the pedal is transparent. Volume lang talaga. The overdrive you hear in demos are amps being pushed to its natural overdrive.

Offline abre

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 11:16:54 AM »
hehe hassle dapat pala nag stick nalang ako sa EHX LPB-1 haha

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 02:08:23 PM »
I see the EP Booster as being somewhat like a Catalinbread SCP, which I currently use. YOu won't get a lot of break-up from it, but try to place it in front of a cranked OD pedal. It'll sound amazing that way.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 08:20:51 PM »
It's a clean boost pedal. Clean lang talaga yan. Sa demos na naririnig mo, it's not the pedal you hear. In fact, you don't here any tone alteration because the pedal is transparent. Volume lang talaga. The overdrive you hear in demos are amps being pushed to its natural overdrive.

The EP booster isn't what I'd call a clean boost though (at least not like a RC or similar.. ).  It actually has a certain eq to it (supposedly like the echoplex preamp it emulates). That said, that eq sounds great. It's fantastic with single coils.

@abre: the boost it provides isn't extremely high (at least compared to other boosters I've had). Going into a tube amp at decent volume would net you some drive. Sa ss, di talaga masyado.

Nice little pedal, imo. It's just redundant with my Nord's boost.

Offline abre

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 10:19:55 PM »
It actually has a certain eq to it (supposedly like the echoplex preamp it emulates). That said, that eq sounds great. It's fantastic with single coils.

yo! onga I noticed that.! so ginawa ko sya first pedal sa board ko.  :)

thanks guys sa info!