hulika

Author Topic: Pieces of gear that everyone seems to like, except you...  (Read 116072 times)

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Pieces of gear that everyone seems to like, except you...
« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2011, 12:50:32 AM »
This. Personally, I'm a huge offset fan. My first serious electric was a Mustang copy and my two current gigging guitars are Jagmaster derivatives. On Bolt Thrower's point about Jaguars/JMs (by extension) being hipstery guitars, I rarely see those around shows here. At least the ones I go to. I've seen the Itchyworms, Up Dharma Down, The Royal and Candyaudioline use them and that's about it. Oh yeah, Lochness too. Compared to the number of bands on Telecasters, Strats, Les Pauls et al, a lot of the "trendier" bands seem to use those more often than offsets. That's just what I see tho.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Gibson shapes. The only Gibson shape I'm into is the ES but if it was a question of classy semi-hollow, I'd go Rickenbacker if I could. Never got the Les Paul, really and I only like the SG if it's a bass. There are just some things you could do with a stock Jaguar or Jazzmaster that you can't with other guitars unless they have a Vibrola or someth.

Back on topic, I'm not a fan of "metal guitars" (BC Rich, some Jackson) and I typically don't like humbuckers unless they're the really bright ones.

thanks for the backup man...at least na-gets mo sinasabi ko. title nga ng thread e: pieces of gear that everyone(karamihan) seems to like, except you  :-D...at least medyo pareho tayo ng sense of aethetics (I'll dig a Jackson/Charvel Surfcaster though)...anyway kaniya-kaniya tlagang trip

back to the topic: +1 sa Zoom multi-effects

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2011, 02:53:09 AM »
thanks for the backup man...at least na-gets mo sinasabi ko. title nga ng thread e: pieces of gear that everyone(karamihan) seems to like, except you  :-D...at least medyo pareho tayo ng sense of aethetics (I'll dig a Jackson/Charvel Surfcaster though)...anyway kaniya-kaniya tlagang trip

back to the topic: +1 sa Zoom multi-effects
Two non-Fender offsets that I want, a seafoam green Charvel Surfcaster and a Mosrite Avenger. I also love how an Ibanez ORM-1 looks in white.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of multi-effects and software like Guitar Rig or Amplitube. I was always a fan of the technical side of things and full pedalboards just feel a lot more "personal" to me. More than just creating patches and whatnot on a multieffect or a DAW. I use Guitar Rig but only for amp simulation as I do not have an adequate room recording setup as of yet. I won't record any sounds that I can't produce out of my guitar/pedals/playing. Multi-effects are convenient and you could make really good sounds with em but I want a palette I could switch up. It's not about digital/analog, it's having that kind of relationship with your board.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline musicdigitalsounds

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2011, 03:00:32 AM »
Zoom :wave:
Philmusicus Addictus / Lester William Polsfuss

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2011, 06:58:25 AM »
Two non-Fender offsets that I want, a seafoam green Charvel Surfcaster and a Mosrite Avenger. I also love how an Ibanez ORM-1 looks in white.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of multi-effects and software like Guitar Rig or Amplitube. I was always a fan of the technical side of things and full pedalboards just feel a lot more "personal" to me. More than just creating patches and whatnot on a multieffect or a DAW. I use Guitar Rig but only for amp simulation as I do not have an adequate room recording setup as of yet. I won't record any sounds that I can't produce out of my guitar/pedals/playing. Multi-effects are convenient and you could make really good sounds with em but I want a palette I could switch up. It's not about digital/analog, it's having that kind of relationship with your board.

yun exactly gusto kong Charvel Surfcaster yung seafoam green. yung ORM-1 din mapa-black or white ok sa akin. tas yung mga 90s Ibanez Talman   :)

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2011, 10:21:31 AM »
stompboxes!

:oops: :-o :drool:
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline sonikyut

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2011, 10:31:20 AM »
pedals with uber big enclosure/casing like big muff  :idea:

kaya binenta ko sa akin dati (big muff), ang laki  :lol:
It's heavy metal fatigue.                                                                                                      Postlude.

"Biruin mo na ang lasing maging ang bagong gising, wag lang sa βading na inagawan ng booking"... - George Harrison

Offline wonson3

« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2011, 11:58:14 AM »
Siguro bad experience lang sa tube amps hehe.

2 gigs na dumaan na nagkataong tube type yung amps tapos masyadong madumi yung tunog (para sakin).

Pati minsan kahit gusto ko clean sound lang, may natural dirt siya. Di ko gusto yun  :-(

Oh well kanya-kanyang trip nga naman, nasanay lang siguro ako sa solid-state.

Q: Ang Orange amps ay solid-state noh?  :) Yung tipong ganung tunog solve nako doon haha

Nope. May tube din
Music is a 5.56mm 3-round-burst played through my trigger. US Army 981st. HOO AH

Offline wonson3

« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2011, 12:08:59 PM »
Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Head Phones - too much bass is so annoying

Music is a 5.56mm 3-round-burst played through my trigger. US Army 981st. HOO AH

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2011, 12:21:03 PM »
Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Head Phones - too much bass is so annoying

Even the treble. Their razor sharp high frequencies will make your ears bleed. :eek:
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline IncX

« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2011, 12:24:59 PM »

+1

yes, you might not realize it, but you'd be surprised that not everyone can actually "operate" your pedal board ... some people would go and ask "why are there 3 kinds of gain pedals? isnt 1 enough?" and then you show them the sounds and how they are set up, and they go... "ahhh, ganon pala"

the only reason id go for multifx is because of budget, size and weight options ... if those are taken care of, i'd like the mothership pedal board

Offline .Geno.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #210 on: December 22, 2011, 12:34:44 PM »

Me too :wave:

I find pedals with a lot of knobs very stressful to tweak :-o

Offline sonikyut

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #211 on: December 22, 2011, 01:01:15 PM »

Zoom1010 (my first multifx)..astig in the past   :-P
It's heavy metal fatigue.                                                                                                      Postlude.

"Biruin mo na ang lasing maging ang bagong gising, wag lang sa βading na inagawan ng booking"... - George Harrison

Offline eyebag21

« Reply #212 on: December 22, 2011, 01:05:40 PM »
Zoom G1XN.
Pag mag isa lang ginamit parang kulang sa firepower(di ko alam tamang term) yung dist...
Pag hinalo naman sa ibang pedal at gagamitin for modulation nagiging ngo ngo ang tunog.

Offline wonson3

« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2011, 01:24:25 PM »
Even the treble. Their razor sharp high frequencies will make your ears bleed. :eek:

IDK 'bout this but my copy's high freq isn't that bad. It's just the bass. I did enjoy it for a couple hours after the purchase then I swear that piece of equipment. And for the price, I paid 300 plus tax. I just hate it. I should have bought the 20 dollar marshmallow earpiece.

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2011, 01:44:38 PM »
Flanger pedal - limited application

Octave Fuzz - limited application

baseball bat-sized guitar necks - hard to hold, hard to play

thin-flat-wide Ibanez guitar necks - hard to play chords

digitally-flavored od/distortion - too shrill and buzzy; sakit sa tenga

Explorer-shaped guitar - just doesn't feel right for me, whether playing standing-up or sitting down

COSM technology - not quite there yet

Celestion Vintage 30 speakers - too much mid-range tone

Bakersfield tele pickups/tone - too much treble; sakit sa tenga

335-sized guitar - I love the tone, but it makes me look like a midget

Fender 57/62 pickups - great for clean sounds, but don't seem to sound good with od imho

Offline heyman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #215 on: December 22, 2011, 01:58:10 PM »
Zoom1010 (my first multifx)..astig in the past   :-P

i still have this fx. bought this at cubao salonga mid 90's elementary days... zoooooooooooom! sentimental value na lang siya kaya tinabi ko. but now staight to amp na ako hehehe

dont like flying Vs
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 02:03:30 PM by heyman »
yada yada yada.....

Offline ukeleleboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #216 on: December 22, 2011, 02:21:38 PM »
Zoom G1XN.
Pag mag isa lang ginamit parang kulang sa firepower(di ko alam tamang term) yung dist...
Pag hinalo naman sa ibang pedal at gagamitin for modulation nagiging ngo ngo ang tunog.

+1
i use mine as modulation, hindi naman ngongo ang tunog.
Ang batang masipag kapag lumaki pagod...

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #217 on: December 22, 2011, 05:44:03 PM »
TS9 and 808,too overrated!
Metal Zone,too overrated din!
MIC peavey bandit,don't wanna say something about it,it just sucks!

D lang bagay sa playing mo 808 hehehe! Sakin bagay eh hihihihi!  :-D

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #218 on: December 22, 2011, 06:17:31 PM »
D lang bagay sa playing mo 808 hehehe! Sakin bagay eh hihihihi!  :-D
mejo na-ngongongoan ako kasi.hehhe pero kung gtr+TS808+fender tube amp=WIN!

Offline rockizta123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #219 on: December 22, 2011, 07:21:47 PM »
Floyd rose bridges - Pain in the a** to tune.

zoom pedals - matining/ngongo/mejo mahirap itweak for me.

fuzz pedals - di ko trip yung tunog :lol: maybe some other time :)

dunlop 9s - parang ang tigas/kapal pa rin for me, ok din naman tumunog, madalas kasi gamit ko d'addario super light :)

bass/guitars na may matabang neck - sakit sa kamay, though yung fernando musicman copy ko medyo mataba nga yung neck, I'm getting used to it.

Lava cables - too pricey and ikaw pa mismo magaassemble, looks fun, but to think of the errors, ang mahal mahal nun. :lol: just my opinion.

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #220 on: December 22, 2011, 07:40:08 PM »
multi-effects with 12AX7 tubes. oh well, tube hype nga naman...

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #221 on: December 22, 2011, 08:05:16 PM »
multi-effects with 12AX7 tubes. oh well, tube hype nga naman...

Try opening a Behringer multi-effects unit with a 12AX7 tube inside. You'll notice an LED behind it. That's what's causing the "heating up" of the tube during normal operation. LOL
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline IncX

« Reply #222 on: December 22, 2011, 09:23:22 PM »
Try opening a Behringer multi-effects unit with a 12AX7 tube inside. You'll notice an LED behind it. That's what's causing the "heating up" of the tube during normal operation. LOL

the LED cooks the tube. brilliant!

lol

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #223 on: December 22, 2011, 10:44:48 PM »

Di lang naman Behringer guilty diyan.  Crate's Blue Voodoo amps also use the same trickery. As well as a lot of ART mic preamps.  The question is, if you remove the 12AX7, will the sound change?  If yes, then the tube has a role to play in the circuit.  If no, then you've been duped.

Offline raidow

« Reply #224 on: December 23, 2011, 12:39:57 AM »
strats (w/ single coils) - looks too basic, just me. and really hate it when used by a metal band, again, just me.  :idea:

tube amps - way out of my budget. fragile. but will definitely take one if it's FREE. lol  >:D

multieffects of any sort - haven't tried one live. i just have this feeling that it will take too much time for me to set it up on stage to make it sound the way i wanted. hehe

*magpost pa ko soon. hehe  :lol:
aria mac-gothic>>pitchblack>>NG100>>Shredhead>>DD3>>PH3>>Laney LX65r