hulika

Author Topic: Pieces of gear that everyone seems to like, except you...  (Read 116077 times)

Offline IncX

Re: Pieces of gear that everyone seems to like, except you...
« Reply #250 on: December 23, 2011, 10:13:46 PM »
The official "basagan ng trip" thread.

hahaha. +1

at least it survived till page 11 without being locked

Offline dirt

• Veteran Member
« Reply #251 on: December 23, 2011, 10:17:42 PM »
The official "basagan ng trip" thread.

napa-LOL ako dito a...

BTT:

multi-effects .
YEAH I WANNA PLAY GUITAR EVERYDAY!!

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #252 on: December 23, 2011, 10:31:22 PM »
Uhm.. fuzz?
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #254 on: December 23, 2011, 11:19:50 PM »
feature=player_embedded

:)

Pluggin' teh earphones.
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #255 on: December 23, 2011, 11:25:16 PM »
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss DS-1
Colorful Guitars
Unreliced Strats
Triple Wreck (Hirap Timplahin hehe, parang walang response ung knobs, or it's just me)
Power Grip
Godlyke Powerall (Mas gusto ko yung logo ng Onespot)
Black Guitars (Noon gusto ko kasi metal ako pero ngayon White na ang trip ko LOL)
Reverb Pedals
8 String Electric Guitars

Offline dadadan

« Reply #256 on: December 23, 2011, 11:44:14 PM »
Pluggin' teh earphones.

More like getting the coffee. Matagal-tagal ang buffering niyan. haha

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #257 on: December 23, 2011, 11:47:52 PM »
1959 Les Pauls..

hahahah walang "basagan ng trip" hahahhaa
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline dirk

« Reply #258 on: December 24, 2011, 12:00:33 AM »
pointy guitars and SG's

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #259 on: December 24, 2011, 12:01:39 AM »
fan fretting
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #260 on: December 24, 2011, 12:10:13 AM »
i like fuzzes coz of fuzzboxgirl
list=UUJZo-FWqcxcGVgHFBYjC-qw&index=33&feature=plcp

and this is the fuzz that i like
vs angry fuzz
list=UUJZo-FWqcxcGVgHFBYjC-qw&index=43&feature=plcp
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:11:51 AM by pitongjerome »
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline max28

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #261 on: December 24, 2011, 12:31:35 AM »
prs guitars , uhm i really don't know why  :-(

Offline lastikman

« Reply #262 on: December 24, 2011, 12:32:45 AM »
GIBSON and les paul styles

Offline wonson3

« Reply #263 on: December 24, 2011, 01:06:45 AM »
Every guitarist should like a Gibson Les Paul. If you dont like the looks, at least you should be liking how it plays and sound. It has its distinct tone IMHO.

I understand people seem to dislike this or that but please share out your thoughts why you'd be not "liking" it.

I also didn't like PRS the way it looks and all those hype. But after I played it for a few, I understand PRS. I like the weight, the feel and the tone.

I didn't like all Fender Strats. Now I have 56 custom shop.

I don't like FRs bridges and all the yada lalala and/but now I have one.

I used to like a Boss mt2 but I don't find the tones attractive and got a better ones. -fullbore metal

My point is this thread will be useless read if you don't give your reason why you don't like it. Unless you are banking up posts like what I'm trying to do right now.
Music is a 5.56mm 3-round-burst played through my trigger. US Army 981st. HOO AH

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #264 on: December 24, 2011, 01:15:56 AM »
fan fretting

you had/tried one before, sir? kumusta naman po yung feel/playability?

Offline paul_sigua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #265 on: December 24, 2011, 01:18:02 AM »
Every guitarist should like a Gibson Les Paul. If you dont like the looks, at least you should be liking how it plays and sound. It has its distinct tone IMHO.

I understand people seem to dislike this or that but please share out your thoughts why you'd be not "liking" it.

I also didn't like PRS the way it looks and all those hype. But after I played it for a few, I understand PRS. I like the weight, the feel and the tone.

I used to like a Boss mt2 but I don't find the tones attractive and got a better ones. -fullbore metal

My point is this thread will be useless read if you don't give your reason why you don't like it. Unless you are banking up posts like what I'm trying to do right now.

umm.. NO

Offline Cardinal

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #266 on: December 24, 2011, 07:30:09 AM »
I'm starting to dislike floydrose bridges.  First of all tuning the darn thing sucks ass.  Second, if you're careless enough, you get to lose the small parts while replacing the string.  I've had my worst guitar nightmare 2 days ago with my newly bought floyded guitar.  Now I need to go to the machine shop and remove the nut (if that's what you call it) kasi naputol nung hinihigpitan ko yung string.  A big F.you floydrose!!

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #267 on: December 24, 2011, 08:17:23 AM »
"its so expensive, i cant afford it, therefore, i hate it"

this!!! :-D nakuha mo bro!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:48:11 PM by paltic »

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #268 on: December 24, 2011, 08:21:10 AM »
ibanez "handle" type guitar..

GOLD HARDWARE..ewwww!!

Gold harware looks classy on a Gretsch White Falcon or White Penguin   :)

let's edit that to a Fender Stratocaster.....hahahahaha!!!! peace bro  :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 08:24:53 AM by paltic »

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #269 on: December 24, 2011, 11:15:29 AM »
I'm starting to dislike floydrose bridges.  First of all tuning the darn thing sucks ass.  Second, if you're careless enough, you get to lose the small parts while replacing the string.  I've had my worst guitar nightmare 2 days ago with my newly bought floyded guitar.  Now I need to go to the machine shop and remove the nut (if that's what you call it) kasi naputol nung hinihigpitan ko yung string.  A big F.you floydrose!!

only happens with cheap floyd rose copies imho. the real thing doesn't do that. but yeah, it's a pain to tune if it's not properly set-up.  in my experience, original floyd rose, takeuchi and gotoh are really easy to tune. they are stable. same as the Ibanez zero trem. I really like that one.   

Offline IncX

« Reply #270 on: December 24, 2011, 12:43:29 PM »
yes, come to think of it ... the sound of a good Les Paul is impossible to hate.

if you love Slash's tone, yep... Les Paul. Jimmy Page? Les Paul

Eric Clapton, SRV and Hendrix? OK, not a Les Paul, but a good Les Paul can get really close to that territory.

OK, so you are one of those "modern guys" and you like bands that dont play slower than 180 bpm ... still, a good Les Paul can nail those Nile, Dream Theater, insert whatever modern band here cause i am too old to find any of those technical acts exciting.

Besides, with genres like that, it has a lot more to do with the amp than the guitar (they cover their sound with so much gain, what you have left is a guitar's response and whether its using a single coil or humbucker PUP)

now, the Les Paul isn't infallible, cause there are other things you could dislike about it:

1.) shape = its a "classic" shape
2.) neck = i prefer the strat neck too
3.) your very very unique taste in tone and music (you know, you are the type who hates stuff people like). it wont be a surprised you'd like the extreme fuzz pedals (i like them too, but i like the sound of a Les Paul as well).

same thing with good stratocasters.

I guess i am just a very mainstream guy, and every song ive liked that has a guitar in it has Les Pauls and/or Strats in it... i might also wanna sneak in a Tele.

i think some people hate them because they have not heard the good ones, or well, because of the stuff i mentioned.

funny though, i have not owned a good Les Paul ... i did own a very good Orville Firebird (it can sound like a Tele!).

-*-

and another +1 to the stuff about Floyd Roses ... those stuff we complain about only happen to the bad floyd roses (there are so many of them, sadly)i.e.

1.) hard to set-up
2.) gets out of tune often
3.) kills sustain

those stuff are from bad Floyd Roses. if you have a good one ... man, its amazing.

i have only owned one guitar with a really good Floyd Rose, and i couldnt use its features. it was a 1996 USA Dimebag Signature i sold to a guy from France.

-*-

sadly, a lot of us are not experienced enough to really hate the way something sounds (me included).

as for looks and playability though, we all are entitled to that

« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:50:04 PM by IncX »

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #271 on: December 24, 2011, 12:58:27 PM »
yes, come to think of it ... the sound of a good Les Paul is impossible to hate.

if you love Slash's tone, yep... Les Paul. Jimmy Page? Les Paul

Eric Clapton, SRV and Hendrix? OK, not a Les Paul, but a good Les Paul can get really close to that territory.

OK, so you are one of those "modern guys" and you like bands that dont play slower than 180 bpm ... still, a good Les Paul can nail those Nile, Dream Theater, insert whatever modern band here cause i am too old to find any of those technical acts exciting.

Besides, with genres like that, it has a lot more to do with the amp than the guitar (they cover their sound with so much gain, what you have left is a guitar's response and whether its using a single coil or humbucker PUP)

now, the Les Paul isn't infallible, cause there are other things you could dislike about it:

1.) shape = its a "classic" shape
2.) neck = i prefer the strat neck too
3.) your very very unique taste in tone and music (you know, you are the type who hates stuff people like). it wont be a surprised you'd like the extreme fuzz pedals (i like them too, but i like the sound of a Les Paul as well).

same thing with good stratocasters.

I guess i am just a very mainstream guy, and every song ive liked that has a guitar in it has Les Pauls and/or Strats in it... i might also wanna sneak in a Tele.

i think some people hate them because they have not heard the good ones, or well, because of the stuff i mentioned.

funny though, i have not owned a good Les Paul ... i did own a very good Orville Firebird (it can sound like a Tele!).

-*-

and another +1 to the stuff about Floyd Roses ... those stuff we complain about only happen to the bad floyd roses (there are so many of them, sadly)i.e.

1.) hard to set-up
2.) gets out of tune often
3.) kills sustain

those stuff are from bad Floyd Roses. if you have a good one ... man, its amazing.

i have only owned one guitar with a really good Floyd Rose, and i couldnt use its features. it was a 1996 USA Dimebag Signature i sold to a guy from France.

-*-

sadly, a lot of us are not experienced enough to really hate the way something sounds (me included).

as for looks and playability though, we all are entitled to that

amen to that bro. you explained everything very well (inc. about sa floyd rose)

nangaasar lang ako sa Les Paul vs. Strat tingy. It is really imposible to hate these guitars: Strat and Les Paul (basic to ng Rock n' Roll e, ano ba? mapa-anung genre ka gugustuhin mo ang mga to) Everyone basically "liked" or have been inspired by these guitars in some point of their lives. Nagbago man ang taste(developed in time) pero basic to e. Esp. when you're just starting out. You look up to you "basic" guitar idols and you try to cop them  :-D

« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:59:33 PM by paltic »

Offline MarksmanXXI

« Reply #272 on: December 24, 2011, 01:21:27 PM »
Ring Modulator
Pitch Shifter
Music is the way of life

Offline Cardinal

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #273 on: December 24, 2011, 02:10:53 PM »
only happens with cheap floyd rose copies imho. the real thing doesn't do that. but yeah, it's a pain to tune if it's not properly set-up.  in my experience, original floyd rose, takeuchi and gotoh are really easy to tune. they are stable. same as the Ibanez zero trem. I really like that one.

OT: I admit of being a noob when it comes to floyded guitars so thanks for the enlightenment. :)  I may need to buy a real Floydrose bridge and have it assembled to a luthier since wala akong katyaga tyaga kung ako mismo gagawa.  Any idea how much a real Floyd bridge cost?

BTT: The tremolo effect maybe?  Sounds techno of some sort...  :roll:

Offline dadadan

« Reply #274 on: December 24, 2011, 02:17:50 PM »
OT: I admit of being a noob when it comes to floyded guitars so thanks for the enlightenment. :)  I may need to buy a real Floydrose bridge and have it assembled to a luthier since wala akong katyaga tyaga kung ako mismo gagawa.  Any idea how much a real Floyd bridge cost?

BTT: The tremolo effect maybe?  Sounds techno of some sort...  :roll:

A real FR is expensive. I don't remember the price though but you can get cheaper ones that are also as good like GOTOH and Schaller. :D Also, try to upgrade the block to a Brass block. It gives more sustain as I've heard.

BTW, GOTOH Floyd Rose is around Php7,300.00 in Guitar Salon (It has a brass block already).