hulika

Author Topic: Pieces of gear that everyone seems to like, except you...  (Read 115986 times)

Offline sonikyut

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Pieces of gear that everyone seems to like, except you...
« Reply #300 on: December 25, 2011, 12:18:12 PM »
Kahler yung ginagamit ni Hanneman at King di ba? Hinde din ata basta basta na-out of tune pag Kahler..IMO
It's heavy metal fatigue.                                                                                                      Postlude.

"Biruin mo na ang lasing maging ang bagong gising, wag lang sa βading na inagawan ng booking"... - George Harrison

Offline wonson3

« Reply #301 on: December 25, 2011, 12:21:53 PM »
I said every guitarist should like a LP. I did not say YOU should like a LP.

You should try playing a better LP maybe a Gibby Trad PRO or something similar and appreciate it somehow-Its a coil tapped. (And plug it in to a Tube amp if you can)
Music is a 5.56mm 3-round-burst played through my trigger. US Army 981st. HOO AH

Offline paul_sigua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #302 on: December 25, 2011, 01:16:12 PM »
I said every guitarist should like a LP. I did not say YOU should like a LP.

You should try playing a better LP maybe a Gibby Trad PRO or something similar and appreciate it somehow-Its a coil tapped. (And plug it in to a Tube amp if you can)

this doesn't make sense.
so you're saying i'm not a guitarist? :-o

again, how do you know i haven't played a "good" one?

yes, i plug into tube amps.

please reread my previous posts.  <_<
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 01:25:58 PM by paul_sigua »

Offline wonson3

« Reply #303 on: December 25, 2011, 01:51:53 PM »
you got it
Music is a 5.56mm 3-round-burst played through my trigger. US Army 981st. HOO AH

Offline gradual nothing

• Veteran Member
« Reply #304 on: December 25, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »
Boss pedals, Clone Pedals(except if there is something added to be quite unique) and repilcated 50-70's guitar i mean.. come on man.. i can't be or never be replicated.. the age of the wood.. etc. their prices are unjustified :eek:
the avatar of the avante guarde

"you make the sound with your hands and you can fine-tune it with your gear"  --  ALLAN HOLDSWORTH

Offline wonson3

« Reply #305 on: December 25, 2011, 02:20:03 PM »
I feel you about the Boss pedals. I just prefer the other ones. But hell, I can live with it and could be my last resort.

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #306 on: December 25, 2011, 03:06:18 PM »
a guy who likes shred but doesnt like whammy bars?!

paul gilbert
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline rockizta123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #307 on: December 25, 2011, 07:29:55 PM »
tinatamad lang mga yan mag restring at setup ng floyd rose type bridges. hehehehe biro lang. alam ko hassle talaga.

mas madali i-setup kahler kaso pangit lang siya talaga tignan. buti first electric guitar ko naka floyd copy na kaya nasanay na. iba din talaga tuning stability pag na setup mo mabuti. i dont have to tune everytime.

BTT:
Elixir strings- ang dulas, masyado bright tunog. iba yung feel kaya hindi ko feel. hantayin ko kalawangin yung akin tapos alisin ko na. will go back to dunlops. basic and it works. di naman malakas kalawangin dunlop. 

akin na lang, patry :lol:

Offline sonikyut

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #308 on: December 26, 2011, 11:34:26 AM »
LINE 6 POD HD500..wala pang budget para makabili   :lol: :lol:

if i had one i-series ko sa GT-10  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 11:35:54 AM by sonikyut »
It's heavy metal fatigue.                                                                                                      Postlude.

"Biruin mo na ang lasing maging ang bagong gising, wag lang sa βading na inagawan ng booking"... - George Harrison

Offline IncX

« Reply #309 on: December 26, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »
paul gilbert

whaaa?! i thought paul gilbert just didn't like steve vai! lol

just kidding. i dont know anything about the world of shred really. though... i do know some guitar players in real life who do not like whammy bars (but play ibanez floating bridges), but i have a nagging suspicion its because they didnt know how to use it.

they are the type of guys who save on strings so much, they never practiced yanking the bar - maybe they didn't wanna get an allen wrench and re-string in case they break a string.

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #310 on: December 26, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
^ I think the whammy bar is more popular with Fusion players and Thrash Metal(non melodic).

Offline IncX

« Reply #311 on: December 26, 2011, 12:24:28 PM »
^ I think the whammy bar is more popular with Fusion players and Thrash Metal(non melodic).

oh yah, i confuse shred with metal, hehehe...

wait, they aren't one and the same?!

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #312 on: December 26, 2011, 12:33:29 PM »
oh yah, i confuse shred with metal, hehehe...

wait, they aren't one and the same?!

halos related lang. but the whammy bar can really do wonders for technique and variety. dami lang talaga tamad mag setup ng floyd bridges, hindi namamaximize yung gitara. pag di nila nasetup mabuti, ibad mouth na agad yung gitara kesyo nawawala sa tono, napuputol strings, panget action, pangit sustain etc etc.

sanayan lang talaga. and hassle sa gig because you have to bring an extra guitar if you actively wank on the bar. pag isang string kasi naputol, wala na sa tono lahat. 

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #313 on: December 26, 2011, 12:53:47 PM »
halos related lang. but the whammy bar can really do wonders for technique and variety. dami lang talaga tamad mag setup ng floyd bridges, hindi namamaximize yung gitara. pag di nila nasetup mabuti, ibad mouth na agad yung gitara kesyo nawawala sa tono, napuputol strings, panget action, pangit sustain etc etc.

sanayan lang talaga. and hassle sa gig because you have to bring an extra guitar if you actively wank on the bar. pag isang string kasi naputol, wala na sa tono lahat.

totally agreed.. i personally love the whammy bar..:D though i mainly use my telecaster nowadays(due to twang). i still miss doing divebombs, flutter and the likes.
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #314 on: December 26, 2011, 03:52:06 PM »
eto palang isang peeve ko din..

yung untidy na headstock..ayaw na ayaw ko yung naka fray yung strings..unang una nakakagasgas sa loob ng gigbag and nakakatusok ng mata..

inaral ko talaga yung malinis na milinis na stringwinding para walang nakausling kahit ano at uniform yung winds
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Ryn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #315 on: December 26, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »
whaaa?! i thought paul gilbert just didn't like steve vai! lol

just kidding. i dont know anything about the world of shred really. though... i do know some guitar players in real life who do not like whammy bars (but play ibanez floating bridges), but i have a nagging suspicion its because they didnt know how to use it.

they are the type of guys who save on strings so much, they never practiced yanking the bar - maybe they didn't wanna get an allen wrench and re-string in case they break a string.

Let me just share this. I know several guitar players, most of them are professionals (biyahero/showband) who prefers Floyd Rose trem due to one simple reason, tipid sa strings lol! Most of the times, if the strings break in a FR system, it will break near or in the bridge, hence you can put them back again as long as you wind your string long enough.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #316 on: December 26, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »
Let me just share this. I know several guitar players, most of them are professionals (biyahero/showband) who prefers Floyd Rose trem due to one simple reason, tipid sa strings lol! Most of the times, if the strings break in a FR system, it will break near or in the bridge, hence you can put them back again as long as you wind your string long enough.

hahahahaha i can definitely relate. ganyan din ako. hihilain ko lang pababa uli yung strings, clip it, tune, then off i go!

Offline IncX

« Reply #317 on: December 27, 2011, 12:50:25 AM »

yung untidy na headstock..ayaw na ayaw ko yung naka fray yung strings..unang una nakakagasgas sa loob ng gigbag and nakakatusok ng mata..

lol

i have this joke that goes "how do you know if the one who strung the guitar was a guitarist or a bassist? look at how tidy the headstock is!"

theres some truth to it though lol cause ive been both a guitarist and a bassist...

when i became a bass player, i became super OC with extra string length around the headstock.. i always have wire cutters now lol

Offline wonson3

« Reply #318 on: December 27, 2011, 01:25:10 AM »
If I'm a professional Guitarist, I should have at least one extra guitar every gig especially on stage. If I play guitar for a living, It worth an extras., 'm just saying

Offline DiMarzSiao

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #319 on: December 27, 2011, 02:28:12 AM »

inaral ko talaga yung malinis na milinis na stringwinding para walang nakausling kahit ano at uniform yung winds
:-D

share ko lang... when i was still working at a music store.., someone asked if I could tune her guitar.., so I did.., but before giving the guitar back., I asked the owner if I can cut those freaking strings na nakalaylay at nagbabadyang manusok.., the girl said.. "why? does it affect the tone or something?"... I answered: "Nope, not really... It just irritates me..."  :lol:

By trying to look unique, everyone ends up looking the same.
-goes with the "sound" too

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #320 on: December 27, 2011, 09:01:32 AM »
Ibanez Guitars -- all of them.  They ALL sound dead to me.

Offline sonikyut

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #321 on: December 27, 2011, 09:07:51 AM »
ampalaya

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #322 on: December 27, 2011, 09:30:26 AM »
Ibanez Guitars -- all of them.  They ALL sound dead to me.

Ever tried a J. custom Ibanez Alex?

Offline FollowTheReaper

• Veteran Member
« Reply #323 on: December 27, 2011, 09:50:39 AM »
Ever tried a J. custom Ibanez Alex?

i believe a USA custom can deliver too :-D
Music Educator

Offline gyrome

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #324 on: December 27, 2011, 09:55:31 AM »
Buhay na buhay naman RG570dx ko..