hulika

Author Topic: Essential equipment for an average musician  (Read 1927 times)

Offline myfourteen405

Essential equipment for an average musician
« on: December 29, 2011, 09:31:22 AM »
If you are a musician with an average income, strict working hours, what type of miscellaneous gadgets you should have to assist you in learning songs faster?  Sabihin na natin hindi ka naman tamad magaral, pero hindi nalang kasing laki yung time (lets say 63 hours a week is spent through day job and gigs) mong mag aral hindi tulad ng student pa lang. Given may average budget , what would you suggest that an "average" musician should have to learn songs faster with the shortest time possible? Laptop? android phone? Feel free to suggest just don't forget respect. Kaya nagtatanong para malaman hindi para banatan na "dapat alam mo na yan" or "ang basic naman nyan". Peace.  :-D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:33:00 AM by myfourteen405 »
Please visit us at:
http://www.facebook.com/PentagramFire
You may listen to us through: www.reverbnation.com/pentagramoffire

Offline dyeriboy

Re: Essential equipment for an average musician
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 10:34:20 AM »
a gadget that can add apps like tuner, metronome, music player with internet and youtube access....
" NEVER TOO LATE TO LEARN"

Offline trxter41

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 12:40:19 AM »
this is what i want to have to be an "average musician"

1. acoustic guitar - tipid sa kuryente. does not generate a lot of noise, and is much cheaper than an electric guitar. you can buy a decent one for 1.5k to 3k, depende sa budget. this is not recommended if you want to be a kickass lead guitarist like kirk hammett. pero kung tugtog ka ng mga beatles, eraserheads, or acoustic songs this will suit you just fine.

2. cellphone with music player / mp3 player - you would need this to sing and play along with the song. it would be nice if it has a recorder para marinig mo sarili mo na kumanta at gumitara. makakabili ka na ng ganitong phone for 1.5k or less. i bought my brother a nokia 101 phone for less than 1.5k and medyo ayos naman siya. may sounds ka na, dual sim pa.  :-D ( i am not a paid nokia endorser )

3. computer - you can get a desktop for 4k up however the shelf life is not guaranteed. the purpose of the computer is to listen to and watch youtube videos of guitar covers, and to listen to the song's original music video so you can get a gist of how the song is performed. dito ka rin magbabasa ng mga tabs or you can install a tab software and download tab files.

4. notebook or a piece of table napkin - you can buy a notebook at national bookstore or the neighborhood tindahan for as low as ten pesoses. or kung kapos ka na sa budget, just go ahead and steal your brother or sister's kindgerten pad.  :-D. what is this for? well, for writing song lyrics, making notes to self, writing chords, or kung feeling mo composer ka na, this is where you write down your compositions.

total budget: 3k ( without computer )

Offline electronictokwa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 02:56:44 AM »
This is what I currently have:

1. Affordable Ibanez GIO electric guitar
2. A very old BOSS ME-33 multi effects.
3. Practice amp.
4. Old desktop with Guitar Pro pang aral ng tab / pang sulat narin.
5. Cheap mobile phone with enough storage para kahit sa labas napapakinggan ko yung mga inaaral na songs.

More than enough na mga to para sakin para makapag practice at makagawa ng songs. Pag may enough cash na, saka na upgrade. Sa ngayon, improve muna ang skills gamit kung ano meron ako.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 03:06:02 AM »
suppose you already have the basic gear(guitar, amp, effects, etc), id go for an ipod touch 3g.

you can stuff it with songs(including audiobooks), pdf files, downloaded beatmaker, synth, and maybe guitar simulators.

why the itouch 3g? because its cheaper than 4g and most apps, including the updated ones, require devices that run on hardwares that are powerful enough to handle them.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 03:08:25 AM by marzi »
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline electronictokwa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 03:29:18 AM »
suppose you already have the basic gear(guitar, amp, effects, etc), id go for an ipod touch 3g.

you can stuff it with songs(including audiobooks), pdf files, downloaded beatmaker, synth, and maybe guitar simulators.

why the itouch 3g? because its cheaper than 4g and most apps, including the updated ones, require devices that run on hardwares that are powerful enough to handle them.

+1

My friend has this and he downloaded a chord reference software which is really helpful.

Offline myfourteen405

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 05:26:22 AM »
Salamat sa mga responses,  :-D  don't hesitate to add more, nakalimutan ko palang i mention may decent  guitar, set of effects,  and amp na ko, yung miscellaneous na lang talaga.. Parang promising yung ipod touch 3g.. Pag aralan ko yung specs  :wink:

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:28:46 AM by myfourteen405 »
Please visit us at:

Offline electronictokwa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 05:39:33 AM »
Oh and hey., puede ka rin mag DL ng metronome app!

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 08:18:07 AM »
rekta itouch 4 mo na sir, para pwede ka na rin magvideo,
irecord mo mga napagpractisan mo, saka mo ireview kung san may mga mali,
pati pwede ring pangrecord ng audio, DL ka ng microDaw.
sa itouch 3g ba may mic din?
Quote from: Philmusic.com
News:
oh yeah, our search engine is powered by Chuck Norris as well

Offline myfourteen405

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 07:31:51 AM »
Napansin ko lang medyo technical sa mga requirements ang Apple. Hindi ba siya kayang tapatan ng Samsung android phones in terms of functions? Just asking for further enlightenment.  :roll:
Please visit us at:

Offline jem_adriano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 11:14:06 AM »
looper pedal

BOSS pocket recorder

ipad has some cool instrument apps!

adobe audition or other music software