hulika

Author Topic: Pearl Reference Series vs. Gretsch USA custom  (Read 2177 times)

Offline bassman88

Pearl Reference Series vs. Gretsch USA custom
« on: February 20, 2012, 01:08:44 AM »
Guys check out my new show!

Nagcompare kami ni sandythedrummer sa studio:

Offline pejadanza

Re: Pearl Reference Series vs. Gretsch USA custom
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:38:22 PM »
ganda ng video sir!! there's magic in a gretsch custom usa kit!! paano kaya pag live mu at given you have a day to mix it?? next try naman DW collector's maple at ung YAMAHA or Sonor SQ2!! great job sir!!!!!
Pearl Masterworks, Sabian, Gibraltar, Roland, Mackie, Sennhieser

Offline bassman88

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 10:08:56 PM »
Kung may mga gamit kayo na gusto niyong pareview sa akin please email me lang sa perthmanrecords@gmail.com

mabuhay mga pinoy drummers!

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 07:47:07 AM »
the 16" gretsch tom sounds amazing.

Offline yekoz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 03:30:31 PM »
astig... IMO gretsch, love the toms and kick.  8-)

Offline dolfmen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »
rinig na rinig yung diff astig  :razz:

Offline thunder_god

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 11:28:14 PM »
Definitely the Gretsch USA toms sings better than the Reference kit. Pero I think Sandy played the Gretsch toms more than the Reference kit kaya na-highlight talaga yung pagka-Raw sounding ng 6-ply maple with 30-degree bearing edges compared dun layers/types of wood used with 45-degree bearing edges sa Reference kit ni Sandy.

Sir Perthman, did both kits have identical heads used?  That maybe also a factor how both kits differ in sound interms of projection and resonance.

The show was great and we look forward for more episodes featuring other musical equipment and other kits. Sana may mag-offer kay Sir Perth ng kit nila to go head to head with another kit from  either a starter kit to starter kit, and other high-end kits.  Calling Starclassic, Hyperdrive, Catalina, and Masterworks owners, pa-test nyo na mga kit nyo....  :-P :-D :lol:
"I tend to punish my gear so I like the angry Z Customs, while the classic A compliments the destruction."

Offline bassman88

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 02:23:19 AM »
Definitely the Gretsch USA toms sings better than the Reference kit. Pero I think Sandy played the Gretsch toms more than the Reference kit kaya na-highlight talaga yung pagka-Raw sounding ng 6-ply maple with 30-degree bearing edges compared dun layers/types of wood used with 45-degree bearing edges sa Reference kit ni Sandy.

Sir Perthman, did both kits have identical heads used?  That maybe also a factor how both kits differ in sound interms of projection and resonance.

The show was great and we look forward for more episodes featuring other musical equipment and other kits. Sana may mag-offer kay Sir Perth ng kit nila to go head to head with another kit from  either a starter kit to starter kit, and other high-end kits.  Calling Starclassic, Hyperdrive, Catalina, and Masterworks owners, pa-test nyo na mga kit nyo....  :-P :-D :lol:

thanks sir! onga eh, ung gretsch naka pinstripe tapos ung pearl naka g2. Yun lang po kasi meron, wala pong budget yung show, pantulong lang talaga ito sa kapwa musikero. :)