hulika

Author Topic: Share your stories through your photos  (Read 5102 times)

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
Share your stories through your photos
« on: April 26, 2012, 12:03:08 PM »
YOu can share almost anything here about your travel and adventures through your photos. You can start by telling us what made you take photos, when did you start taking photos, places you've been, at kung anu anu pa.

Let me start.

My first camera is a Canon 400D with the famous 18 55mm kit lens, bought it when i was in Saudi Arabia. Saudi is a place where you need to keep yourseld occupied or else eh mababaliw ka sa homesickness. I stayed a year there by the way. That was 2009.

I was amazed by the wonderful landscapes of SAUDI, and also got to join a photography Club, which made me more passionate in taking photos. Heto pala kami. My first outdoor shoot with the group.

EOTWGroupHug by Jentsen - is back :), on Flickr

to be continued...

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Share your stories through your photos
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 12:52:14 PM »
My first camera was a Canon 1000D with an 18-55mm kits lens. I was getting over a 10 year relationship that's why I wanted to keep myself  pre-occupied with other things. So I decided to try photography. I enrolled in Federation of Philppine Photographers Foundation taking up Basic and then Advanced Workshops.

Here is my basic photography class pic

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 01:23:09 PM »
My first camera was a Canon 1000D with an 18-55mm kits lens. I was getting over a 10 year relationship

pareho tayo bro, i had a 10 year relationship which ended as well...

more stories soon  :)

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 02:33:12 PM »
my first camera was a pentax film bought for a project requirement in college. i needed to provide proof that i visited historic places that was associated with rizal...

little did i know that it will spark 2 other expensive hobbies: photography and travel :-(

actually, sobrang deprived talaga sa pictures nung bata ako. i had like 5 pictures taken of me during elementary and high school excluding class pics and id pics then less than 10 pics during college. kapag sinilip mo yung photo album ko, may sobrang laking gap from kindergarten tapos jump agad dun sa ending days ng college life.

i promised myself i would change this so i asked my dad to buy me the latest and greatest digital camera as a grad gift: an oly point and shoot with 3.3megapixels! astig kasi sikat ako nung graduation dahil may lcd yung camera ko.

needless to say, i shoot like a tourist and used the camera on auto for next 6 years. switching between brands and totally clueless with aperture, shutter speed and totally believed that megapixel is king!

my first serious camera was a nikon d40 i bought when i was sent stateside. my wife loved the pictures and she joined the camera craze since then. the good thing is i can buy one camera every year and not get nagged at :-D we always planned to enroll but never really got to it, thanks to youtube and the net, i now know about aperture etc.

after the d40, i got the d90 then lx5 and this year, i got the fuji x100.

i dont have group shots but this is the first panoramic pic i've taken ever

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 03:49:58 PM »
nice panoramic shot bro. OK nga ang youtube sa lessons, mapa music or photography man... kahit anung bagay ata may tutorials na dun  :)

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 05:01:13 PM »
July 3, 2009

i started reading about Composition. Sa pagkakaalala ko, it has 5 elements:
pattern, symmetry, lines, texture at ang favorite ko...

Depth of field  :-D

may nag iipon nito sa bahay, so i decided to take a photo of it, simple lang though it was fun. My aunt found it weird... sa isip isip ko na lang, si tita naman, walang imagination.

Attached by Jentsen - is back :), on Flickr

dito halatang halata, beginner talaga, napaka flat ng kulay, oh well, ganun talaga, though masaya matuto, it never stops, just use your imagination.

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 05:26:58 PM »
July 3, 2009

i started reading about Composition. Sa pagkakaalala ko, it has 5 elements:
pattern, symmetry, lines, texture at ang favorite ko...

Depth of field  :-D

Base naman sa mga natutunan ko, eto ang iba-iba pang composition:

- Tell a story
- K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Sweetheart)
- Framing
- Accent
- Abstract
- Include triangular elements

Eto example nung Accent:

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 05:31:14 PM »
Base naman sa mga natutunan ko, eto ang iba-iba pang composition:

- Tell a story
- K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Sweetheart)
- Framing
- Accent
- Abstract
- Include triangular elements

Eto example nung Accent:

nice  :)

naalala ko na naman yang KISS --> Keep it simple stupid  :lol:

Offline toinkking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 03:05:05 PM »
Here's my share
well first nung nasa high school ako madalas magtravel ang family ko then that time i saw some photographers sa kennon road taking photos then nasabi ko sa sarili ko noon ang galing gumagamit sila ng camera to take good amazing views dahil noon pa man mahilig na ako sa mga over looking views lalo na nakikita mo from top yung dadaanan mo sa baba zig zag then after that nag research ako about photography i found out na mahal magastos i cant affor it that time so nag divert ako sa banda until last 2yrs nalipad ako australia sobrang malungkot ako dito boring wala kaibigan aaral lng ako and work then after few weeks nsabi ko sa sarili ko nun ko naisip mag balik photography kase maraming magagandang lugar dito sa asutralia then when i got my 4th pay off ko bumili ako DSLR first camera ko D40X with 18-55mm non vr and this is my first photo i have taken

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 03:19:11 PM »
http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/toinkking/PICS%20Only/DSC_3982.jpg

nice share. Pansn ko lang, usually pag gitarista or band member, mahilig din sa ARTS  :wink:

here is another photo i took on my first outdoor shoot, sa ibaba na ito ng Riyadh, some place na wala ng mga bahay, puro disyerto na lang at dry land, and remains ng dagat

The Rock by Jentsen - is back :), on Flickr

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 06:44:05 PM »
Wow great stories of your beginnings and experiences sa photography... heres mine

I was introduced to photography by my wife, pero at that time, I didnt even bother to see it as something I can be good at... For me its always: "Picture lang yan!"
My first DSLR camera is a sony a200, and I still have it now 3 years in the running. I had no idea of composition, DOF, ISO, rule of 3rds, those photo mumbo jumbos...
My main purpose was just to shoot good quality photos of my daughter...

this was one of the first photos I have taken 3 years ago of my daughter...

She has grown since then, luckily so has my photography...

if you have time, you can always visit my site at: http://litratista.zenfolio.com , this is where I document my photos...

I still have a lot to learn, and I always get this feeling of frustration when I am looking at my photos. BUT I always promise myself to be better than the last time.

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 07:57:08 PM »
Thanks for sharing. Feel free to share your photos here anytime, para lalo pa ma inspire ang mga nahihilig sa photography :)

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 03:30:57 PM »
last year after watching a game between the Wolves and the Nuggets at Target Center Minneapolis..

We where waiting for the metro train going home under snow-freezing negative degrees winter weather january night we saw a guy jump in the rails and dropped a bill from his pocket.. nobody saw it but me and a friend of mine.. we where contemplating if we are going to get it but doubt how much it is and if its worth our effort..

to settle the deal I brought out my Nikon D90 with 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 IS zoom lens, cranked up the ISO to 1200-1600.. the bill is around 7-10 meters away from us so I compensate by maxing my available pixels out.. zoomed it in took 4-5 burst shots with flash in aperture priority mode..

turns out its just a one dollar bill.. better leave it nalang for the homeless gypsies and romanis to pick up..  :-D

--

Also that same moment, my friend and I are also arguing if we can get a good dramatic shot of the snowfall without using a flash.. and relying only to any lightsource available..

I took this shot..

he said: "pre hindi mukhang snow eh.. mukhang lahar!"  :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 03:41:38 PM by rockophoria »
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 04:54:32 PM »
This photo humbled me a lot. Me and a friend of mine went to Quiapo for a photowalk. I took this shot nung after ako sunod-sunod na ma-operahan last year (5 times yun) sa left arm ko kasi laging nai-infect yung AV Graft na nilagay sakin (yes, I am undergoing dialysis). May mga maliliit na peklat ako sa braso ko and I was really bitter dahil ang panget na tingnan nung braso ko. But when I saw this kid and nung tinanong bakit nagka-ganyan yung arm nya. Napahiya ako sa sarili ko.

Ang sabi nya sakin, nasunugan daw sila and wala silang na-save mga gamit nila. Tapos nasunog pa yung braso nya. Hiyang-hiya talaga ako sa sarili ko nito. Ang liliit lang ng peklat nung sakin compared sa kanya.

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 02:26:25 PM »
nice stories. ok na ok lalo na pag di masyado busy sa office.

continuing my story...

i just woke up, madaling araw pa pero i took my camera, may nauna na pala saken, so i took her photo...

Journey by Jentsen - is back :), on Flickr

heto siya, si Reia, may ari ng MeiDolls Cafe

you can gain a lot of friends thru photography  :)

Offline toinkking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 07:48:05 AM »
nice share. Pansn ko lang, usually pag gitarista or band member, mahilig din sa ARTS  :wink:

mukhang tama ka sir gain pag mahilig sa music mahilig din sa arts hehehe :-D
heres my share

story
yung first photo ko na pinost eto ang kayang continuation
well what happen is na nakaw yung first BMX ko na naka chain and park near in train station pag uwi ko one afternoon wala na BMX ko naiwan nalang ay pinag putulan ng chain so sadly i just walk for 50mins going home no choice after 3 weeks of saving eto na ang kapalit ng na wala kong BMX now im happy with my new service!!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:50:28 AM by toinkking »

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 12:05:05 PM »
this time D90 na gamit ko with the kit lens 18-105

another shot sa Edge of the World, Saudi Arabia.

i can say this is the best shot i got that day. tamang tama to sa mga nagninilay nilay, tumingin sa kawalan  :eek:

di pala mainit this time, September, kaya ok lang magbabad sa araw  :)

Edge of the World (Saudi Arabia) by Jentsen - is back :), on Flickr

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 06:51:59 PM »
another view of an empty wilderness...

Sitting on the Edge by Jentsen - is back :), on Flickr