hulika

Author Topic: MOOER COMPACT GUITAR PEDAL micro series "thread"  (Read 149536 times)

Offline blancer

• Veteran Member
Re: MOOER COMPACT GUITAR PEDAL micro series "thread"
« Reply #400 on: February 13, 2013, 08:24:23 AM »
bro Mr.cLEEn, meron bang pedal connector na Z-type sa lazer? katulad nung nasa website ng mooer?

thanks.
Good girls go to heaven,
Bad girls go to my room...

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #401 on: February 13, 2013, 09:20:11 AM »
We didn't record a demo (sorry).

Signal chain was as follows:

Custom Partscaster strat / MIM Fender Strat /w CS Texas Specials > Fulltone OCD v4 > Mooer Hustle Drive > JOYO Ultimate Drive (repainted) > Hughes & Kettner Statesman Dual EL 34 head > 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Governors

Fulltone OCD v4 versus JOYO Ultimate Drive
I was expecting the JOYO to be able to come close with the OCD v4, however, it fell short...big time. On the same knob settings, the JOYO UD always had so much bass and fizz. JOYO UD was also louder at the same level (volume) settings. It was kind of difficult to get a setting from the UD that was close to the OCD. But maybe the UD can be modded to be closer to OCD specs.

Fulltone OCD v4 versus Mooer Hustle Drive
This was where things got a little more interesting... On the same knob settings (level, gain, tone), the Mooer HD actually sounded really close to the OCD. I mean, really close. It wasn't hard to cop up tones that were similar.. The only difference we heard was that the Mooer HD had a little more bass and sizzle on the high mids, thus, it sounded a bit more gritty. Fulltone OCD v4, on the other hand, sounded smoother. But on a blind test, it was not easy to determine which is which, not unlike the OCD versus UD where the difference was night and day.
For about 2k+, the Mooer HD is not a bad choice in terms of tone. Only question would be the reliability when road-tested.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:23:49 AM by r_chino18 »

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #402 on: February 13, 2013, 09:26:17 AM »
that Mooer's big knob is not fastened to the box. careful when yanking these things, the pot shaft is plastic.

Offline pie-key

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #403 on: February 13, 2013, 01:15:54 PM »
that Mooer's big knob is not fastened to the box. careful when yanking these things, the pot shaft is plastic.

Should we consider a re-house? I mean if it's a worthy pedal right?
References:
BossingBoss/Spudmusic/Xelly/Poundcake/Fonzy/Joel_marcelo/Micsis/Voidman/Free2rock/
'57 Strat/DIY OD/Strymon TL/Eventide MF/Hardwire SN/TCE Polytune Mini/Princeton Chorus

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #404 on: February 13, 2013, 01:41:29 PM »
Aba... Great story, bro :-)

Hustle drive. LOL
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #405 on: February 13, 2013, 02:03:29 PM »
Should we consider a re-house? I mean if it's a worthy pedal right?

nope, not needed IMO. either you nut it down (find a fitting nut) or replace that big pot (not knob ha) with one na sturdy; if those 16mm pots fit, why not?

the smaller knobs tho are in less danger of getting yanked btw.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:51:55 PM by Musikerochan »

Offline Mr.cLEEn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #406 on: February 13, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »
bro Mr.cLEEn, meron bang pedal connector na Z-type sa lazer? katulad nung nasa website ng mooer?

thanks.
yup may parating kaming PC-Z sa march. :-D

Offline Mr.cLEEn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #407 on: February 13, 2013, 02:44:57 PM »
Francis brew Reyes bought MOOER ultra drive yesterday in LAZER MUSIC alimall.

photo link:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=555419324482800&set=a.449985291692871.103906.100000442129874&type=1&theater

Offline blancer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #408 on: February 13, 2013, 03:08:51 PM »
nope, not needed IMO. either you nut it down (find a fitting nut) or replace that big pot (not knob ha) with one na sturdy; if those 16mm pots fit, why not?

the smaller knobs tho are in less danger of getting yanked btw.

bro, how do you nut it down? do i need to open the casing to do it?

thanks.
Good girls go to heaven,

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #409 on: February 13, 2013, 03:55:09 PM »
Tanong ko lang. Can you run the Hustle Drive in 18v?

Thanks
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #410 on: February 13, 2013, 04:28:00 PM »
bro, how do you nut it down? do i need to open the casing to do it?

thanks.

unscrew that big knob, tapos find a nut, yung kagaya sa mga 1/4 input jacks kasya dun IIRC.

Offline blancer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #411 on: February 13, 2013, 04:48:15 PM »
unscrew that big knob, tapos find a nut, yung kagaya sa mga 1/4 input jacks kasya dun IIRC.

ah ok. so bale sa labas mismo ng casing? para di lang gumalaw yung pot right?

thanks.
Good girls go to heaven,

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #412 on: February 13, 2013, 05:03:02 PM »
ah ok. so bale sa labas mismo ng casing? para di lang gumalaw yung pot right?

thanks.

yep man.

Offline Chow23

• Veteran Member
« Reply #413 on: February 13, 2013, 05:32:55 PM »

Custom Partscaster strat / MIM Fender Strat /w CS Texas Specials > Fulltone OCD v4 > Mooer Hustle Drive > JOYO Ultimate Drive (repainted) > Hughes & Kettner Statesman Dual EL 34 head > 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Governors

I was expecting the JOYO to be able to come close with the OCD v4, however, it fell short...big time. On the same knob settings, the JOYO UD always had so much bass and fizz. JOYO UD was also louder at the same level (volume) settings. It was kind of difficult to get a setting from the UD that was close to the OCD. But maybe the UD can be modded to be closer to OCD specs.

This was where things got a little more interesting... On the same knob settings (level, gain, tone), the Mooer HD actually sounded really close to the OCD. I mean, really close. It wasn't hard to cop up tones that were similar.. The only difference we heard was that the Mooer HD had a little more bass and sizzle on the high mids, thus, it sounded a bit more gritty. Fulltone OCD v4, on the other hand, sounded smoother. But on a blind test, it was not easy to determine which is which, not unlike the OCD versus UD where the difference was night and day.
For about 2k+, the Mooer HD is not a bad choice in terms of tone. Only question would be the reliability when road-tested.

sir! finally!!! a review about the ocd clones vs the real thing,,,

im planing to buy a Mooer hustle drive para palitan yung joyo UD ko,, and because of your review sir, decided na ko to go w/ the mooer HD,,, im looking forward sir for a demo review,,, salamat ng marami!!!  :-D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 06:11:07 PM by Chow23 »
JESUS is the ROCK ON which i STAND!!!
References: daryl21, bossingboss, mahavishnu, thecrow23, alek01, mimi_dada, arkin zion, Muzickero, Alalala, numeroh_unoh, demoboi, daniel_lee, ebakoids, vic_6, zer0co0l,garethvpureenergy, sprkplg...

Offline blancer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #414 on: February 13, 2013, 05:43:29 PM »
i'm planning to have a micro pedalboard for 4 mooer micro pedals. it will be my smallest board  :razz:

dimension is 4" x 10". san kaya pwede pagawa? mmmm..... ngayon pa lang naku-kyutan na ko  :lol:
Good girls go to heaven,

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #415 on: February 13, 2013, 07:22:04 PM »
sir! finally!!! a review about the ocd clones vs the real thing,,,

im planing to buy a Mooer hustle drive para palitan yung joyo UD ko,, and because of your review sir, decided na ko to go w/ the mooer HD,,, im looking forward sir for a demo review,,, salamat ng marami!!!  :-D

Thank you.  :-) sayang at hindi kami nakagawa ng demo nitong mini shootout, wala kasing magandang pang record. pero I hope I conveyed the gist of the shhout with the mini review I made.. Sulit yung Mooer for what it can do.. Yung reliability lang talaga yung yet to be tested.

May magandang demo ang prymaxe vintage ng Mooer Hustle Drive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n343iqdt0_w

Offline Chow23

• Veteran Member
« Reply #416 on: February 13, 2013, 08:19:25 PM »
Thank you.  :-) sayang at hindi kami nakagawa ng demo nitong mini shootout, wala kasing magandang pang record. pero I hope I conveyed the gist of the shhout with the mini review I made.. Sulit yung Mooer for what it can do.. Yung reliability lang talaga yung yet to be tested.

May magandang demo ang prymaxe vintage ng Mooer Hustle Drive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n343iqdt0_w

nakita ko na po yung demo na yan sir, galing din eh!  :cry:
actually, parang yung pagiging bassy tlga ng joyo ang naging problem ko sa JOYO UD, basically, i just used it to boost my main tone from the amph, so bale 1st stage clean and clear boost ko yung joyo, tapos followed by my 2nd boost by my ever trusted TS9!, kaya lang 1st stage pa lang, fuzzy and bassy na,,,
i already tried the the mooer HD sa lazer, at first wala akong nakitang difference (or nabingi lang talaga ako at nahiya rin yung mga daliri ko because sa mga taong nakatingin sa store, kaya ayun, minadali ko na lang,,, haaayyy,,, :eek: )

pero salamat talaga sir! benta ko na yung joyo ko hahaha!!!
References: daryl21, bossingboss, mahavishnu, thecrow23, alek01, mimi_dada, arkin zion, Muzickero, Alalala, numeroh_unoh, demoboi, daniel_lee, ebakoids, vic_6, zer0co0l,garethvpureenergy, sprkplg...

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #417 on: February 13, 2013, 08:48:01 PM »
nakita ko na po yung demo na yan sir, galing din eh!  :cry:
actually, parang yung pagiging bassy tlga ng joyo ang naging problem ko sa JOYO UD, basically, i just used it to boost my main tone from the amph, so bale 1st stage clean and clear boost ko yung joyo, tapos followed by my 2nd boost by my ever trusted TS9!, kaya lang 1st stage pa lang, fuzzy and bassy na,,,
i already tried the the mooer HD sa lazer, at first wala akong nakitang difference (or nabingi lang talaga ako at nahiya rin yung mga daliri ko because sa mga taong nakatingin sa store, kaya ayun, minadali ko na lang,,, haaayyy,,, :eek: )

pero salamat talaga sir! benta ko na yung joyo ko hahaha!!!

Mooer HD, like the Fulltone OCD v4, is bassy rin and can get fuzzy pag mataas ang level ng drive.. pero hindi katulad ng UD na extra bassy at fuzzy.. Haha..

Try the Mooer on a bigger amp.. saang amp ba tinest sa store? Baka naman parang practice amp lang.. mahihirapan kang idiscern ang difference..

TS9 is a relatively good pedal. Thick.  :-)

Offline Chow23

• Veteran Member
« Reply #418 on: February 13, 2013, 08:58:04 PM »
Mooer HD, like the Fulltone OCD v4, is bassy rin and can get fuzzy pag mataas ang level ng drive.. pero hindi katulad ng UD na extra bassy at fuzzy.. Haha..

Try the Mooer on a bigger amp.. saang amp ba tinest sa store? Baka naman parang practice amp lang.. mahihirapan kang idiscern ang difference..

TS9 is a relatively good pedal. Thick.  :-)

sa malaking amph po xa tinest eh, as in malaki din, nakalimutan ko lang yung tatak, Randall ba un... di ako sure,  :-(

Offline nrebua

« Reply #419 on: February 13, 2013, 10:16:54 PM »

looks familiar...... :wink:

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #420 on: February 13, 2013, 10:20:47 PM »
sa malaking amph po xa tinest eh, as in malaki din, nakalimutan ko lang yung tatak, Randall ba un... di ako sure,  :-(

Ahh oo.. yung Randall.. Anyway, ayun.. mas bassy yung UD as per our previous testing..  :-)

looks familiar...... :wink:

Kuya Neil, bakit wala ka nung isang gabi? Kala ko pa naman tayo gagawa nung A/B/C shootout.. hahaha!

Offline nrebua

« Reply #421 on: February 13, 2013, 10:25:39 PM »
Ahh oo.. yung Randall.. Anyway, ayun.. mas bassy yung UD as per our previous testing..  :-)

Kuya Neil, bakit wala ka nung isang gabi? Kala ko pa naman tayo gagawa nung A/B/C shootout.. hahaha!

di ko rin alam na magtetest kayo eh.. sayang...  :cry:

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #422 on: February 13, 2013, 10:34:22 PM »
di ko rin alam na magtetest kayo eh.. sayang...  :cry:

Next time.. pagdating nung Cruncher.. Set ulit tayo..  :-)

Offline nrebua

« Reply #423 on: February 13, 2013, 10:42:52 PM »
Next time.. pagdating nung Cruncher.. Set ulit tayo..  :-)

ayt!  :-D

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #424 on: February 13, 2013, 11:07:10 PM »
Francis brew Reyes bought MOOER ultra drive yesterday in LAZER MUSIC alimall.

photo link:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=555419324482800&set=a.449985291692871.103906.100000442129874&type=1&theater

sir baka po pwede kayo mag bigay ng estimate kelan dadating yung Shimverb Pro at kung magkakaroon kayo nung bullet cables na mas mahabang cables at coils ? thanks!