hulika

Author Topic: BEST STOMP PEDAL TO PAIR WITH TS9 MOD???  (Read 2806 times)

Offline yeyeh

• Forum Fanatic
BEST STOMP PEDAL TO PAIR WITH TS9 MOD???
« on: September 26, 2006, 06:22:31 AM »
MGA TSONG,,baguhan lang....anu ba pedal pwede ko isabay sa ts9 modded,,,,ko...sd2??daw,,iba sabe,,os2???iba sabe,ds1???anu ba talga....
??yung lilitaw ang lalabas ang lahat ng tunog!o bd2????anu pa ba???

TULONG~!!

Offline balakubak33

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 06:47:40 AM »
ds1 would be fine..
Stay away from the GAS gods...

Offline Avayaman

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 07:06:45 AM »
kung saan ka masaya bro!  :lol:

Offline greenweenie

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 07:31:32 AM »
Una, hinay hinay lang sa mga punctuation marks :D

Next, nasabay ko na sa TS9 before ang Big Muff at DS2. Both seems fine. Kumakapal yung tunog :D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 08:08:35 AM »
Pair with TS9 ? A G2.1 :D .  You got everything you need in those 2 peds.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline bluz_boi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 08:19:10 AM »
asteeg ng avatar mo greenweenie :!:   :wink:

hehe sir yeh, excited ka ha  :lol: pagamit minsan.. i-series ntin sa fx chain ko try ntin kng mgugus2han mo 2nog  8)

Offline Kulas

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 09:43:17 AM »
eto i have a badmonkey, so sorta-kinda parang ts-9 na rin yun kahit papano. i tried cascading it with a ds-1 and an mxr disto+. pag kinascade mo yung ts-9 sa ds-1, you get, more gain, that's all. pero nung kinascade ko sa mxr disto+ (which has a slightly "fuzzy" tone to it) parang mas makapal na matapang na ewan yung tunog. maganda actually. so suggestion ko, try mo sha cascade sa isang fuzz type pedal, a fuzzface, big muff, disto+ would be good with a ts-9.

"i swear, kumapal ang tunog koh!" hehehe. kung hindi nyo 'to alam, mashado pa kayong bata. hahaha!

Offline amboy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 09:53:22 AM »
Quote from: Kulas
eto i have a badmonkey, so sorta-kinda parang ts-9 na rin yun kahit papano. i tried cascading it with a ds-1 and an mxr disto+. pag kinascade mo yung ts-9 sa ds-1, you get, more gain, that's all. pero nung kinascade ko sa mxr disto+ (which has a slightly "fuzzy" tone to it) parang mas makapal na matapang na ewan yung tunog. maganda actually. so suggestion ko, try mo sha cascade sa isang fuzz type pedal, a fuzzface, big muff, disto+ would be good with a ts-9.

"i swear, kumapal ang tunog koh!" hehehe. kung hindi nyo 'to alam, mashado pa kayong bata. hahaha!

sir, ok ba bad monkey i-cascade with BD2? bale (guitar-BM-BD2-delay-amp).

Offline Kulas

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 10:19:04 AM »
Quote from: amboy
Quote from: Kulas

sir, ok ba bad monkey i-cascade with BD2? bale (guitar-BM-BD2-delay-amp).

i haven't tried yet eh. od sa od? ok lang. mas makapal na od lang makukuha mo. parang setup ni SRV, 2 ts-9's sha eh yung normal tone nya naka-ts-9 tapos yung lead tone nya, sabay pareho. i think parang ganon. hehehe

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 11:16:59 AM »
to be exact, isang TS9 and isang TS808 ang naka-cascade na pedals ni SRV although sabi sa guitargeek.com e dalawang TS808 daw ang gamit nya. very similar naman ang tunog nung dalawa so ayos lang. tama si BAMF, kung minimalist ka, go for a multi-effects processor like a G2.1u para meron ka ng lahat. but if you're just talking about overdrive/disto tones, only you can answer that. subok subok ka sa iba-ibang mga distortion/OD pedals. mga usual pang-pair naman dyan e tipong isa pang TS, BD-2, DS-1, MXR Distortion+, OS-2, OD-3, DS-2, Big Muff, etc. yun ang nagcau-cause ng GAS e, yung eagerness mag-experiment with other pedals to find the tone you want. so... FEED YOUR GAS!!!! :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted: hehe loko lang :)

"I swear kumapal ang tunog ko!" ahahaha pang-commercial ka pala pareng Peewee!
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 11:37:43 AM »
Any drive pedal with more gain and distortion than the TS9 should give you a wider array of sounds. Maybe a DF7? Hehehe. I use a TS9-DS1 cascade myself, and it pretty much covers any drive requirement.  But i'm thinking a TS9-TS9-Delay chain might be better for my needs.

Offline yeyeh

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 06:07:55 PM »
ayos!dami ko nakuhang tips! i sear also!hehehehe.samalat mga tsong..idols ko!feel free to feed me..

Offline yeyeh

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 06:09:47 PM »
mukhang wala pang nagbabaget ng sd2 ha!@/?????!!!!!

Offline hubristenebris

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 07:56:37 AM »
I use the ds1 for added sustain.  :D
Wazzap?

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 11:07:28 AM »
Sounds like a jok yung suggestion ko no ? But one of the best playing nights I've ever had was with a TS7 chained to a zoom 505. I swear ! An laki ng sound! This was with the zoom's overdrive also turned on ha...parang "binukaka" ng TS7 yung OD sound ng zoom.

Offline audiopanic

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 11:38:30 AM »
Quote from: BAMF
Sounds like a jok yung suggestion ko no ? But one of the best playing nights I've ever had was with a TS7 chained to a zoom 505. I swear ! An laki ng sound! This was with the zoom's overdrive also turned on ha...parang "binukaka" ng TS7 yung OD sound ng zoom.

hmmm. sayang, sana available pa yung ts7 ni sir kulas! mukhang ok din ikabit sa g2.1!

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 02:25:19 PM »
Quote from: cumbersome
Any drive pedal with more gain and distortion than the TS9 should give you a wider array of sounds. Maybe a DF7? Hehehe. I use a TS9-DS1 cascade myself, and it pretty much covers any drive requirement.  But i'm thinking a TS9-TS9-Delay chain might be better for my needs.

Dude, consider na lang having your TS9 modded. That chip inside of it is capable of so much more gain. To give you a number, it's capable of a gain factor of 200,000 per gain stage, and there's 2 of them ! In laymans terms, if I put in 1 volt in the input, it is capable of spitting it back out (theoretically lang ha) at 200,000 volts ! Of course this is not done in real life, first, you'll need 200,000 volts of input powering voltage, second, the OP-AMP chip has to be able to withstand that kinda voltage (and none of them can) and third, it will result in massive amounts of feedback if you put that kinda gain on.

So, it's just the design of it that clamps down the gain to an "over-drivish" range. In theory, and yes I can prove it, you can even modify a TS9/TS7 to rival the grit and angst of a Metal Zone.  Unheard of ba ? But that's the truth.

Knowing what I know about it, it's a waste of money to chain 2 TS9's just to get gain. Of course, that's just me and of course, some tweaking is required.

BAMF

Offline dubista

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 03:13:15 PM »
BOSS CS3! sobrang masarap tunog! enjoy! hehe! ;p
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam. Live Jesus in our hearts, forever.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 03:19:14 PM »
a modified fuzzface :D
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose