hulika

Author Topic: Drumming Video Games/Online Games thread  (Read 9479 times)

Offline phfreq

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Drum Video/Online Games
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2007, 11:55:47 PM »
What was the problem when you used ztek usb to midi?

Have you also tried looking at MIDI PCI cards that you can install in your computer? Or those sound cards that also have  MIDI ports in them (creative soundblasters and the likes)? If you are using a laptop, I think there are also some PCMCIA cards that have MIDI in/out.

You might be better off using something that directly attaches to the insides (PCI, EISA, etc...) of your computer instead of going the USB route.

The PC recognized it as a USB audio device. Aside from that nothing else.  Cannot transfer files or get it in synch with the PC.  Where can i find these MIDI cards, none in greenhills. Music shops?

Looks like you'll need a driver for ztek and you'll also need to tell dtxmania where the midi port is. Did your ztek come with a CD? What OS are you using? Windows XP? Are you using a laptop or a desktop?

We can probably start working with your ztek since you already have that. When the PC recognize it as an audio device, does it mention that it is in fact a MIDI interface? If it is recognized as a MIDI interface, then dtxmania can't seem to find that device. Are there settings in dtxmania wherein  you could tell it where the MIDI port is?

Where are you based? Siguro we can play around with it.

As for the soundcards with MIDI, I believe creative soundblasters have but you'll need to check coz some models don't have them.

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Taiko sa Arcade
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2007, 06:28:34 PM »
ano yan?  :?

Kaya pala di ko makita yung thread ko. parang finuse nila dito. Taiko drums yung sinasabi ko.  :lol: :lol:

Offline archie

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2007, 01:10:40 AM »
What was the problem when you used ztek usb to midi?

Have you also tried looking at MIDI PCI cards that you can install in your computer? Or those sound cards that also have  MIDI ports in them (creative soundblasters and the likes)? If you are using a laptop, I think there are also some PCMCIA cards that have MIDI in/out.

You might be better off using something that directly attaches to the insides (PCI, EISA, etc...) of your computer instead of going the USB route.

The PC recognized it as a USB audio device. Aside from that nothing else.  Cannot transfer files or get it in synch with the PC.  Where can i find these MIDI cards, none in greenhills. Music shops?

Looks like you'll need a driver for ztek and you'll also need to tell dtxmania where the midi port is. Did your ztek come with a CD? What OS are you using? Windows XP? Are you using a laptop or a desktop?

We can probably start working with your ztek since you already have that. When the PC recognize it as an audio device, does it mention that it is in fact a MIDI interface? If it is recognized as a MIDI interface, then dtxmania can't seem to find that device. Are there settings in dtxmania wherein  you could tell it where the MIDI port is?

Where are you based? Siguro we can play around with it.

As for the soundcards with MIDI, I believe creative soundblasters have but you'll need to check coz some models don't have them.

I tried to find drivers in internet, none in the Z-tek website. Also, others too have posted problem with this Z-tek brand.

Already returned the USB to midi, money back guaranteed 7 days. since it can't do midi file transfers as well. If the PC mentioned it as midi interface, forgot already since uninstalled, but i think there are 4 subcategories under USB Audio device.

I'll try to find the midi card or other interfaces. other options are buying new USB drums, or PS2 drummania controller connecting it via PS2 USB hub.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 01:22:08 AM by archie »

Offline Chopstix

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2007, 11:31:36 AM »
have you tried checking your PC's Sounds and Multimedia Properties (Control Panel)? Under the Audio tab, see if you can find your Z-tek (or Yamaha) under the Preferred device (MIDI Music Playback).

I got the DTX Mania a few months back. i tried installing it but it seems that its not working with my electronic drums, so i just removed it from my PC. medyo tamad ako that day.

then i saw this thread the other day, so i tried installing DTX mania again, connected my dtxpress to my PC via the yamaha usb to midi. set the yamaha usb-midi as my preferred device for MIDI music playback and now i can play the game with my electonic kit.

problema lang puro dream theater yung nakuha kong dtx files so medyo mahirap laruin. :-)

Offline archie

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2007, 08:29:50 AM »
can't recall if i done that, since i returned the z-tek usb midi interface.

like to know if anybody is building homebrew usb drum sets?
 http://www.gdamania.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=320

As for the dtxfiles, i think you can check the gdamania website.
they have the 1st up to 10th mix like those in the arcades. v, v2 and v3 also.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 06:36:21 AM by archie »

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
DRUMMANIA/PERCUSSION FREAKS!!!
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2007, 07:02:50 PM »
Nagalalaro po ba kayo nito? I play sometimes. Here are the songs that i play:
- Libra (Extreme)
- Across the nightmare (Extreme)
- Some japanese/chinese songs (Extreme)
- Stop Spinning me in Circles (Extreme)
- Agnus Dei (Basic)
- Dragon Blade (Extreme)
- Saccharine Smile (Extreme)
- Sailing Day (Extreme)
- P.P.R. (extreme)

May napapansin din akong drummer sa skul namin, sobrang galing sa D. Mania (malulula ka sa galing may Sudden at Reverse setting pa) kaso pag dating nila sa totoong drums d sila marunong. Kahit straight 4/4 beat hindi nila kaya.  Ang angas pa ng ugali nila.

(pakisabi sa akin kapag may thread na ganto)
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"