hulika

Author Topic: Guitar One vs. Guitar Hospital vs. Guitar Salon  (Read 40426 times)

Offline rrralf

• Netizen Level
Re: Guitar One vs. Guitar Hospital vs. Guitar Salon
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2012, 10:10:49 PM »
GH na (sino pa ba sa QC area? Guitar one and Guitar Salon nalang remaining  choices)...I think mataas expectation mo sa workmanship and detail so I guess GH could deliver..malapit pa..let us know the results! cheers!

I think deciding factor between GH and G1 is give them a call..or better yet pay them a visit...depende nalang sino mas makakavibes mo..parang when you meet a person for the first time..alam mo kung magiging friends kayo or hindi...or sa isang tiangge..na pare pareho ng presyo ng pekeng Vans pero sa aleng pinaka pleasant at mabait ka nalang bibili..kung sino pinaka magaan kausap..go! :)

Ok na, I just dropped off my guitar at GH kaninang 5pm. Ang bilis lang pala ng refret + nut replacement + setup, 3-4 days lang daw. Excited na ko makuha gitara ko. :cute:
Godin. Roland. Zoom.

Hard Rock. Experimental rock. Heavy metal. Classical. Kundiman. Flamenco. Bossa Nova. Jazz.  UST FMS

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2012, 10:16:27 PM »
Nice! Pics and review later!! Wooot!! cheers! :wave:
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2012, 10:25:16 PM »
I contacted GSpot, GS, and GH, so far GH yung pinaka responsive regarding having blocks/binding/refret done. Let us know what the results are! :3 Baka sa GH din ako kung sakali.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline doubletrouble

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2012, 10:26:51 PM »
Try Guitar Spot:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Micsis-Guitar-Spot/232041870175678

BEST.EVER.PERIOD.LOL!

+1000! I had a bad experience with one of the shops mentioned here... Back job with a charge.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 10:40:25 PM by doubletrouble »
Lyrics...wasted time during solos

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »
I have gone around and had setup jobs from most of the luthiers we know over here at guitar central. ang masasabi ko lang is dapat hiyang ka doon sa attitude at work ethic ng luthier. meron mahirap kausap at moody pero magaling. meron sobra bait walang masama sinasabi sa gitara mo pero magaling din, yung iba mura naman at magaling pero mabagal.

try to see how they go about their job.

i have yet to try major jobs from them like repaint and body work. sino ba pinakamagaling magrepaint sa kanilang lahat? yung iba kasi wala curing room o paint booth, baka naman kasi magaling nga magpinta pero baka naman may makita ako alikabok sa loob ng clear coat. lol
+1

I've had experience with a lot (most of them) of the luthiers that are known here at GC.

I'd agree with Bolt here.

dun ka kung saan ka hiyang. depende rin kung san ka malapit siguro for convenience na din.

and I actually go to different luthiers for different jobs. I don't exclusively go to one luthier,

I just have preferences for specific jobs.

I may go to Luthier 1, for paint job, and I may go to Luthier 2 for fretwork, and so on..

btw, you might wanna check out Guitar Love. he is located just behind SM North.

check his work. guy is very accommodating, prices are fair and his work is pretty good for someone relatively new to the game.

http://www.facebook.com/guitar.love.repairs
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:12:41 PM by shodawmoon »

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2012, 12:10:35 AM »
I have gone around and had setup jobs from most of the luthiers we know over here at guitar central. ang masasabi ko lang is dapat hiyang ka doon sa attitude at work ethic ng luthier. meron mahirap kausap at moody pero magaling. meron sobra bait walang masama sinasabi sa gitara mo pero magaling din, yung iba mura naman at magaling pero mabagal.

try to see how they go about their job.

i have yet to try major jobs from them like repaint and body work. sino ba pinakamagaling magrepaint sa kanilang lahat? yung iba kasi wala curing room o paint booth, baka naman kasi magaling nga magpinta pero baka naman may makita ako alikabok sa loob ng clear coat. lol

AMEN brother!

Dapat pareho kayo ng mindset ng luthier mo.

That said, I've been going to Arie and/or Mike for the past few years!
We're all just caretakers. And some better than others.

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2012, 12:26:01 AM »
+1

I've had experience with a lot (most of them) of the luthiers that are known here at GC.

I'd agree with Bolt here.

dun ka kung saan ka hiyang. depende rin kung san ka malapit siguro for convenience na din.

and I actually go to different luthiers for different jobs. I don't exclusively go to one luthier,

I just have preferences for specific jobs.

I may go to Luthier 1, for paint job, and I may go to Luthier 2 for fretwork, and so on..

check his work. guy is very accommodating, prices are fair and his work is pretty good for someone relatively new to the game.

nice info!! Ichecheck ko yan malapit lang!!  :-)

Offline franzdean

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2012, 03:35:27 AM »

Wow! nice share! malapit ito ah. Mapuntahan bukas agad agad! sobrang lapit kasi samin. hehe...
And baby if I need to, yeah I will keep you in the corner of my eye...

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 03:50:58 AM »
In the Philippines, I trust only two luthiers: Arie Hipolito and Mike Sison. For regular set-ups, installation of electronics and other minor to moderate jobs, Mike is the guy for me. I go to Arie for more intensive guitar work such as routing of new cavities for extra electronics, full re-fret, repair of cracked neck, etc.

I've tried other luthiers but frankly, their workmanship was underwhelming. I hope they've already improved by now, though.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline TagaRetiro

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2012, 04:02:48 AM »
ayos tong thread na to! magtatanong palang sana ko kung saan maganda magpapasetup ako ng gitara. buti nlng  :-D

Offline thecrow23

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2012, 04:57:01 AM »
Hats off to micsis and arie !!! depende na lang sa customer kung saan malapit pero plido sila parehas !!!!
LES PAUL >>>> MARSHALL JMP

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2012, 05:31:31 AM »
In the Philippines, I trust only two luthiers: Arie Hipolito and Mike Sison. For regular set-ups, installation of electronics and other minor to moderate jobs, Mike is the guy for me. I go to Arie for more intensive guitar work such as routing of new cavities for extra electronics, full re-fret, repair of cracked neck, etc.

I've tried other luthiers but frankly, their workmanship was underwhelming. I hope they've already improved by now, though.

who is better with repainting? balita ko kasi pareho sila may painting booth. andmike has the fromer elegee workers. so...i cant really decide. i have a guitar i want to repaint.

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 07:38:07 AM »

My thoughts exactly!
We're all just caretakers. And some better than others.

Offline vittobrat

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2012, 08:12:21 AM »
My thoughts exactly!

may i just say that sir arie was a gunsmith in his previous days before he went to guitar..

trivia to those who do not know..

kaya mas tiwala ako sa kanya..
if he was detailed in guns
he wouldn't slack off with his works..
i had all of my guitars done by him
all five of them..
am planning of bringing my PRS and RGA121 soon as i get my budget..
don't trust anyone else but with sir arie..

but that's just me..
The fear of death.
Make the climb; without the rope.
Then fear will find you again.

Offline Stratzkiboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2012, 08:20:30 AM »
Guys, regarding my post with luthiers 1 - 4, sorry I won't name them even if you PM me. Kahit hindi ako "hiyang" sa kanila, these guys depend on their livelihood to feed their kids and to live; again hindi lang ako hiyang sa kanila, but I don't want to go as far as denying them a fair chance with other clients. Mamaya mo okay sila sa inyo.

Just mentioned my experiences to further bolster my support for Micsis where none of these shenanigans happen. Brought in a total of 6 guitars to him plus friends and officemates brought around 9 recording worthy guitars from my office, walang back jobl!
Malayo kung malayo but you'll leave satisfied..

Peace!

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2012, 09:59:12 AM »
madami na akong nakakausap, ang masasabi ko lang with all objectivity,

is that for each Luthier there is always someone who is not happy.

and sometimes the unhappy party is part of the exception.

also what i will not do is raise someone to the pedestal.

for all we know, yung mga helpers nila eh nagpapalit palit lang ng pinagtratrabahoan - same tao na tumira, but under a different Boss.

OT ng konti

it seems na kailangan dumagdag ang luthier para walang natatagalan.

but of course minsan mahirap mag paint dahil sa weather natin. pano kung maulan? fortuitous event? --we should always look at both sides of the equation.

now kung lahat maghihintay ng summer para mag pa paint, ma accomodate ba lahat?

and i guess dapat mayroon professionalism when dealing with clients. hindi yung na oover kwento or over hintay etc..

and professionalism pag dating sa customer din.

now kung walang resibo, then don't go him or file a complain or demand for one.

hindi mag iimprove ang industria kung maraming tatahimik lang.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 10:14:19 AM by analog.matt »

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »
Wow! nice share! malapit ito ah. Mapuntahan bukas agad agad! sobrang lapit kasi samin. hehe...
he did the repaint on my strat and masterfully made a custom decal on it too.

nice info!! Ichecheck ko yan malapit lang!!  :-)

@Franzdean and Xelly
tell him shodawmoon said Hi.  :)

Offline kernelsalonpas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2012, 10:45:46 AM »
i go to micsis dahil cya pinakamalapit na mapagkakatiwalaan. if arie was close by from my hometown i would have tried as well  :-)
no pic, no advise...

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »
may i just say that sir arie was a gunsmith in his previous days before he went to guitar..

trivia to those who do not know..

kaya mas tiwala ako sa kanya..
if he was detailed in guns
he wouldn't slack off with his works..
i had all of my guitars done by him
all five of them..
am planning of bringing my PRS and RGA121 soon as i get my budget..
don't trust anyone else but with sir arie..

but that's just me..

ah kaya pala. friend of mine had a custom built wrap around bridge for his lp, brass with nickel plating i think, sabi nya si arie daw mismo ang nag mold nun. first time i saw it akala ko orig.
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline franzdean

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »

I havent been to any luthier to keep my guitar but just some tropa tropa na alam kong marunong mag set up and that's just it.

Major guitar works? The only name I can think of is Arie Hipolito... But then satisfaction depends on the customer. Micsis is one I believe I can run into when I will be needing a major guitar work na alam kong makakatipid ako pero with superb quality works. According  sa thread nya, mukang OC nga sya sa work nya so yun depende yan sa pag kakaintindihan nyo ng customer. But then with Arie, although it's a bit pricey, you can never go wrong him... Aside from that talaga bubusisiin nya talaga yung guitar mo, talk to you, want you want to achieve, what do you really want. Then sya mismo mag cocomment... I've been texting him about inquiries, di sya maka sagot ng maayos talaga kasi mas gusto nya personal talk and alam nya yun goal mo... His materials in his shop I believe is top quality ba? hehe.

Arie and Micsis for the win ako. hehe.

he did the repaint on my strat and masterfully made a custom decal on it too.

@Franzdean and Xelly
tell him shodawmoon said Hi.  :)

Magkano ang repaint sir? I texted the number e walang reply, baka off sila ngayon kasi holiday? dadaan sana ako now na e...
And baby if I need to, yeah I will keep you in the corner of my eye...

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2012, 03:10:44 PM »
Have been with Guitar Hospital.. Ayos si Sir Arie, madali din kausap.. Give him your trust and you can't go wrong with him. Fair enough naman din price nya sa tingin ko.. pinabutasan ko kasi Acoustic guitar ko nun, for pickup installation..medyo kumplikado nga, pero nagawan nya ng paraan. naayos nya pa lahat ng problem at kailangan isetup.. and He's a Christian.. big deal sakin pag ganun..hehehe.. I don't know the other luthier. Heard alot of good things about Sir Mike, pero malayo kasi sa place ko..QC lang sana..hehehe.. pero if ever malapit sya, i would also try it..hehe
"Accomplishing the impossible is all about seeing the invisible."

- Sun Stand Still

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2012, 04:05:11 PM »
who is better with repainting? balita ko kasi pareho sila may painting booth. andmike has the fromer elegee workers. so...i cant really decide. i have a guitar i want to repaint.

I actually haven't had any repainting job with either of them. I don't like repainting my guitars. I'll have my Peavey Wolfgang repainted soon, though. Tingnan natin :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline TKTS

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2012, 06:10:45 PM »
Have been with Guitar Hospital.. Ayos si Sir Arie, madali din kausap.. Give him your trust and you can't go wrong with him. Fair enough naman din price nya sa tingin ko.. pinabutasan ko kasi Acoustic guitar ko nun, for pickup installation..medyo kumplikado nga, pero nagawan nya ng paraan. naayos nya pa lahat ng problem at kailangan isetup.. and He's a Christian.. big deal sakin pag ganun..hehehe.. I don't know the other luthier. Heard alot of good things about Sir Mike, pero malayo kasi sa place ko..QC lang sana..hehehe.. pero if ever malapit sya, i would also try it..hehe
+1 mismo, dapat buong tiwala talaga ang ibigay. Yung iba kasi pag pasok pa lang ng pinto nila Arie eh puro duda agad kahit di pa nila na experience trabaho ni Arie.. Mahirap yun kasi nag judge na sila agad..  Di lang nila alam gaano ka detalyado at passionate si Arie sa gawa niya..And the sad part is, di man nila susubukan so they're missing half of their life by not experiencing the best luthier our country has.
Quote from: Ron Kirn
In the world of lumber, heaver species typically mean a higher quality of lumber. it was the "junk" woods that are soft 'n light.

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2012, 06:42:42 PM »
+1 mismo, dapat buong tiwala talaga ang ibigay. Yung iba kasi pag pasok pa lang ng pinto nila Arie eh puro duda agad kahit di pa nila na experience trabaho ni Arie.. Mahirap yun kasi nag judge na sila agad..  Di lang nila alam gaano ka detalyado at passionate si Arie sa gawa niya..And the sad part is, di man nila susubukan so they're missing half of their life by not experiencing the best luthier our country has.

hehe

+1 din!!
"Accomplishing the impossible is all about seeing the invisible."

- Sun Stand Still

Saturn/Return

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2012, 03:44:13 AM »

Same here..