hulika

Author Topic: Help in using Alesis Guitar Link in any Recording Software  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Alexmd14

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Help in using Alesis Guitar Link in any Recording Software
« on: November 14, 2012, 05:15:24 PM »
Hi Sirs,

I would really appreciate your help on this. I bought an Alesis guitar link usb hoping that i can record guitar parts. It also has a free Guitar Rig software. Sadly, i still can't figure out how to do it.  Help me please.

My set-up:
Computer with Windows 7 Ultimate
M-Audio Uno USB interface
Behringer UCA 200 Audio Interface
Monitors: Behringer Truth 2030A
Recording Software: Magix Music Maker 17 Premium

Scenario:
1. Since I'm using the UCA 200 as audio interface, the sound goes out to the monitors, if i plug in the guitar link, it uses the built-in audio interface so i can't hear a thing. (How do you fix this?)

2. I would like to record audio guitar on my recording software using the guitar link. (is this possible?)  (Can i use the Guitar rig as well?)

3. The reason i bought one is that i thought this would save me from using a mixer to record audio instruments like guitar. (or am i wrong)

4. I once installed the Guitar Rig LE4 that came with the cable but it somehow gave problems with my recording software.  I had to reformat my pc due to ".ndll error?  I'm not much of a computer wizard. (did i do something wrong?)

Any insights and tips is a big help.  Thank you in advance!!!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: Help in using Alesis Guitar Link in any Recording Software
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 11:39:03 AM »
If you are using asio drivers, know that asio has the unnerving trait of using the same device for both input and output, and since the guitar link has not audio out, you have no monitor... period.

There is a workaround. Asio4all.

By configuring asio4all properly, you can assign inputs to both the guitar link and the UCA, and outputs go to the UCA. What I'm not so sure about is output latency, but asio4all will allow you to adjust and compensate for that.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Help in using Alesis Guitar Link in any Recording Software
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »
Remove the Alesis.  Try this on the UCA200 and plug your guitar.  It might work.