hulika

Author Topic: china copies?  (Read 39890 times)

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: china copies?
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2013, 12:36:49 PM »
Performance and durability are two different things of course. Tsaka nag-iiba talaga usapan pag dating sa mga add-ons. But I have yet to see a fake outperform the original.

What if the fake copy is an improved version of the original, say pedals...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:41:25 PM by gainsucker »

Offline tongski_02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2013, 12:42:11 PM »
i love china copies.
from prominent architectural buildings to eggs. they can may copies of everything!!
am gonna buy 'em if opportunity permits.

lumanog > denio ds > hanabishi karaoke + hanabishi electric fan

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2013, 01:05:01 PM »
What if the fake copy is an improved version of the original, say pedals...

Then it's no longer a copy. It's called a modified version.
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »

the term is "Shanzai"  give it a quick google...hahaha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanzhai

Shanzhai (Chinese: 山寨; pinyin: shānzhài; alternatively spelt shanzai or shan zhai) refers to Chinese imitation and pirated brands and goods, particularly electronics.[1] Literally "mountain village" or "mountain stronghold", the term refers to the mountain stockades of regional warlords or bandits, far away from official control. "Shanzhai" can also be stretched to refer to people who are lookalikes, low-quality or improved goods, as well as things done in parody.
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline jude.nash

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »
Performance and durability are two different things of course. Tsaka nag-iiba talaga usapan pag dating sa mga add-ons. But I have yet to see a fake outperform the original.

yet if the clones would outlast an original...

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »
yet if the clones would outlast an original...

Highly unlikely but possible. And outlasting does not, in any way mean the original has been outperformed. There's a fine line between the two. It would depend on the kind or manner of use or abuse a certain pedal gets. And more often than not, clones, fakes, copies and whatnot fail the durability and reliability tests. That's a fact. But there are still some really good clones out there.
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2013, 02:53:33 PM »
isn't this guitar a copy?

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2013, 03:04:29 PM »
isn't this guitar a copy?

It's more of a replica done and carefully-constructed by legit makers/luthier(s) from Fender. Making the product legit, not fake.

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2013, 03:08:39 PM »
It's more of a replica done and carefully-constructed by legit makers/luthier(s) from Fender. Making the product legit, not fake.

akala ko si Eddie gumawa nyan. Kelangan na pala ipudate ang WIKI.

Frankenstrat is a guitar created by Eddie Van Halen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankenstrat

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2013, 03:12:33 PM »
akala ko si Eddie gumawa nyan. Kelangan na pala ipudate ang WIKI.

Frankenstrat is a guitar created by Eddie Van Halen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankenstrat

Yes. Ang original si EVH talaga gumawa. Alam naman ng lahat 'yun. Pero back in 2007, nag-release ang Fender/EVH brand ng replica niyan. As in kuhang-kuha in full-detail.

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2013, 03:16:30 PM »
Yes. Ang original si EVH talaga gumawa. Alam naman ng lahat 'yun. Pero back in 2007, nag-release ang Fender/EVH brand ng replica niyan. As in kuhang-kuha in full-detail.

Technically, a replica IS a copy.

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2013, 03:21:18 PM »

i wasn't referring to the replica. The photo i posted is the guitar made by Eddie, which actually was his take on getting the sound of a Gibson in a Fender style guitar.

Meron pang isa actually, where the owner testified that it's his best sounding guitar and can't seem to get his reissues sound like it.

meron pa, mga Yaron copies, mas maganda raw tumunog kesa reissues.

Offline tongski_02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2013, 03:23:19 PM »
wag na kayo mag away please

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2013, 03:27:03 PM »
wag na kayo mag away please

ala namang away eh  :lol:

Offline tongski_02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2013, 03:30:45 PM »
ok good

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2013, 04:14:52 PM »
bumili ako dati kay J-HU ng LP Supreme. Benta agad hahaha! Patay yunng gitara. Mas maganda pa tumunog GIO. Syempre disclose na peke. 16k nakuha, benta ng 14k. OK na luge 2k for the experience. Tsaka hindi accurate ginagamit nila body templates. Yung LP horn masyado mataas kumpara sa original. Tsaka parang di "mahogany" yung gitara. :))

Although may na experience ako na J-HU LP custom copy na decent and very very useable ah. Parang Epiphone.

Mura lang naman sila. If you can gamble the money for the experience, why not. At least masasagot mga tanong mo and malay mo, yun pa yung maging rason mo to aspire for a true les paul or whatever from the legit brand. 

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2013, 04:19:11 PM »
Technically, a replica IS a copy.

Technically, yes. There is still a fine line that separates the two. Pero siyempre, kasama na sa issue yung quality, quality control, details, licenses, trademarks etc. Dun kasi nagkakatalo 'yun.

i wasn't referring to the replica. The photo i posted is the guitar made by Eddie, which actually was his take on getting the sound of a Gibson in a Fender style guitar.

Ed's original Frankenstrat wasn't at all a copy or replica. He assembled that himself according to his own specs. Walang pinag-gayahan.

Meron pang isa actually, where the owner testified that it's his best sounding guitar and can't seem to get his reissues sound like it.

meron pa, mga Yaron copies, mas maganda raw tumunog kesa reissues.

Ibang usapan na kasi 'yan. Professional 'yang si Gil e and I don't think may ginagawa siyang illegal kasi 'di naman niya ginagamit ang Gibson brand. Besides, the other guy and I were originally referring to apparels, bags, watches, shoes and the likes na halos wala ng modification na magagawa pa. Iba ang guitars or any musical instrument for that matter. Pwedeng i-modify or upgrade 'yung ganun e.

Offline superbuni123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2013, 04:35:22 PM »
Ibang usapan na kasi 'yan. Professional 'yang si Gil e and I don't think may ginagawa siyang illegal kasi 'di naman niya ginagamit ang Gibson brand.

Bakit nga kaya walang lawsuit sa likes nila GY?  And alam ko, down to specs ang gawa nila. Hindi din naman ginamit ng mga MIJ lawsuit brands yung name ng Gibson.  :?
Learning to be a man without losing the boy in me...

Offline tongski_02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2013, 04:44:06 PM »
must be the shape of the stock kaya walang lawsuit sa mga replica builders.
i remember when i was thinking of getting a GY...i agreed with the price that he gave me, but when i was requesting for an open book headstock (same as gibson's) but with the GY logo , the builder said NO. he said that it is illegal to copy the LP exactly regardless of logo. so deal was off.

and then came my 1st conversation with Ron Kirn. same request - fender tele style headstock but with RK logo. the builder said the same thing.

so malamang yun un.
BTW. maganda siguro talaga tunog ng EVH frankenstein...pero naknakan ng panget itsura

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2013, 04:55:02 PM »
must be the shape of the stock kaya walang lawsuit sa mga replica builders.
i remember when i was thinking of getting a GY...i agreed with the price that he gave me, but when i was requesting for an open book headstock (same as gibson's) but with the GY logo , the builder said NO. he said that it is illegal to copy the LP exactly regardless of logo. so deal was off.

and then came my 1st conversation with Ron Kirn. same request - fender tele style headstock but with RK logo. the builder said the same thing.

so malamang yun un.
BTW. maganda siguro talaga tunog ng EVH frankenstein...pero naknakan ng panget itsura

Yes, could be. Ang siste lang naman diyan e wag sobrang kopyang-kopya. Naaalala ko noon matagal na panahon na 'yung iba dito malamang 'di pa buhay e ang McDonald's dinemanda ang Mushroom Burger kasi almost identical na talaga yung logo nila na M sa M ng McDo e.

Yah! 'Di talaga maganda tignan sa una ang Frankenstrat kasi homemade na homemade ang dating pero 'wag ka sa tunog, grabe sa lufet! Diyan nagmula ang legendary Brown sound.

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2013, 04:57:47 PM »
copy lang ang Yaron, kahit anung gawin, kaya nga replica eh, so it's a fake, a good copy, which has proven to be really a good copy and more often better than the original.

yung kay Eddie, he used an ash Stratocaster body at linagyan ng humbuckers, original design na nya agad?

Offline tongski_02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2013, 05:00:53 PM »
di ba sa amp nag mula ang brown sound? so kapag ginamit ang frankenstein sa fender at vox mag tutunog brown pa din sya?

Offline tongski_02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2013, 05:03:48 PM »
no payting please

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2013, 05:16:47 PM »
copy lang ang Yaron, kahit anung gawin, kaya nga replica eh, so it's a fake, a good copy, which has proven to be really a good copy and more often better than the original.

Ah okay. Sige ask natin si FM55 kung fake 'yung Gil Yaron niya, okies?

Yer prolly forgetting the fact that Gil Yaron is a brand name as well. Therefore, his guitars, in technicality, aren't "fakes."

yung kay Eddie, he used an ash Stratocaster body at linagyan ng humbuckers, original design na nya agad?

Yes, original. Why? E wala namang naglalagay ng humbucker dati sa Fender e. Siya nakaisip nun. Kaya original concept. At siya din nakaisip na pwede palang walang tone knob/s ang guitar. Pwedeng volume lang. Again, original concept. EVH is a consummate innovator.

di ba sa amp nag mula ang brown sound? so kapag ginamit ang frankenstein sa fender at vox mag tutunog brown pa din sya?

Magkakasama na yun. Sa set-up and sa way niya mag-play. And iba din talaga tunog ng guitar niya.