hulika

Author Topic: music cafe live band setup  (Read 1333 times)

Offline xboughtbybloodx

music cafe live band setup
« on: April 02, 2013, 07:59:28 PM »
any recommendations on the best bang for the buck FOH and SUB setup fo a small roughly 40sm space?all powered and compact sub sana?what brand would be best and cost effective?help po mga masters! thanks in advance sa mga reply! :-D

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: music cafe live band setup
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 12:53:26 PM »
Samson Auro two (2) powered loudspeaker + one (1) powered sub = around PhP 62k

Hope this helps.
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline sikyo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 07:12:09 PM »
+1 on the above lalo na kung ganyan kaliit ang place, Sir. Kung enclosed ang space Sir bantay siguro maigi sa mic and speaker placement, etc., to prevent feedback. 
make sound matter
"Praise our God, all peoples, let the sound of His praise be heard..." - Psalm 66:8a (NIV)

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:52:42 PM »
+1 on the above lalo na kung ganyan kaliit ang place, Sir. Kung enclosed ang space Sir bantay siguro maigi sa mic and speaker placement, etc., to prevent feedback.

Proper EQ to prevent feedback.

Offline sikyo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 11:30:03 PM »
Proper EQ to prevent feedback.

IMHO, Sir, proper mic and speaker placement, proper gain structure, proper monitoring, to mic your backline or to house your instruments using DI boxes, keeping the no. of open mics at a minimum kung pwede, etc. should all be attended first, i.e., drawing the best from the sound source itself at their given location. Pag nailatag na lahat observing sound acoustic principles and good sound reinforcement practices, perhaps we can attend to the board EQ for individual source (mic or instrument) tweaks as needed and, as you mentioned, the house system EQ for how that setup would respond to the room. What do you think po?
make sound matter
"Praise our God, all peoples, let the sound of His praise be heard..." - Psalm 66:8a (NIV)

Offline xboughtbybloodx

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 05:22:54 AM »
mga sirs salamat  ng marami sa info i will defintely check out the samson speakers good cost un,,,and tama kau sir sikyo proper eq along with acoustic treatment i think would do the trick...i dont need the sound to be loud i just want a nice thick sound lalo na sa kick drum...salamat uli ng marami!gb! :wave:

Offline sikyo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 07:44:39 PM »
mga sirs salamat  ng marami sa info i will defintely check out the samson speakers good cost un,,,and tama kau sir sikyo proper eq along with acoustic treatment i think would do the trick...i dont need the sound to be loud i just want a nice thick sound lalo na sa kick drum...salamat uli ng marami!gb! :wave:

Are you micing your drumkit po Sir? At 40sm of floor space di po kaya an acoustic drum kit is already loud by itself? Hope you get your desired result. God bless po
make sound matter